[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2019-20  (Read 222412 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: NBA Thread 2019-20
« Reply #1350 on: August 23, 2020, 09:46:52 PM »
Well, at least one guy on the Clippers thinks he’s nothin’ but a “b!tch - ass white boy” and a pu$$y - ass white boy”.

Idiotic statements by Harrell. Unnecessary, and I wish he didn't say them.

And they look even stoopider when Luka kills his team.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1351 on: August 23, 2020, 11:30:20 PM »
Guess again. This is the “NBA 2019-20” thread. Harrell’s remarks are all the talk in the NBA.

Now let me guess. It only would be a story for you if the roles were reversed.

Harrell manned up, took responsibility for the stupid thing he said and apologized directly to Doncic. And Luka accepted and moved on.
No whataboutism. No deflection. No trying to play the victim. No cries of fake news. No whining about media bias.
Just a guy who said something stupid and owned up to it.
Some people could learn a lesson here. And some would rather be aggrieved by proxy.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1352 on: August 23, 2020, 11:35:15 PM »
Idiotic statements by Harrell. Unnecessary, and I wish he didn't say them.

And they look even stoopider when Luka kills his team.

FWIW, Harrell apologized to Luka sincerely before the game and Luka didn’t appear to be bothered buy it.  The fervor over it was hilarious to me and also was a flashing light that people taking offense to it had never played sports, much less high level sports. It wasn’t a racial slur, it wasn’t homophobic, it was just nasty, probably unnecessary, trash talk. That Luka has heard in a variety of languages and forms throughout his career. Total nonstory.

Unlike a 21 year old on a hobbled ankle putting up a 43 pt triple double with 2 absolutely ruthless buckets on his teams last 2 possessions. I can’t believe there are people that still think Porzingis is the best player on the Mavs.  There amount of refusal to back down from incorrect pre draft assessments on Doncic when he’s been everything as advertised, and more, is baffling.  There is a dude I follow on Twitter who is actually a pretty good scouting/Xs and Os guy. But he’s INSANELY arrogant and cocky about it. He’s been down on Luka since pre draft and hasn’t stopped. Saying if you picked him before the 20s, you were a reckless GM. Saying Alonzo Trier from the Knicks is every bit the player Luka is. And just weeks ago, doing a whole piece of Luka being more flashy but KP clearly is the “best” player on the Mavs. Did he eat crow today? Nope, just said people calling him out were haters and jealous, and refusing to acknowledge an all time performance

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1353 on: August 24, 2020, 06:58:44 AM »
FWIW, Harrell apologized to Luka sincerely before the game and Luka didn’t appear to be bothered buy it.  The fervor over it was hilarious to me and also was a flashing light that people taking offense to it had never played sports, much less high level sports. It wasn’t a racial slur, it wasn’t homophobic, it was just nasty, probably unnecessary, trash talk. That Luka has heard in a variety of languages and forms throughout his career. Total nonstory.

Unlike a 21 year old on a hobbled ankle putting up a 43 pt triple double with 2 absolutely ruthless buckets on his teams last 2 possessions. I can’t believe there are people that still think Porzingis is the best player on the Mavs.  There amount of refusal to back down from incorrect pre draft assessments on Doncic when he’s been everything as advertised, and more, is baffling.  There is a dude I follow on Twitter who is actually a pretty good scouting/Xs and Os guy. But he’s INSANELY arrogant and cocky about it. He’s been down on Luka since pre draft and hasn’t stopped. Saying if you picked him before the 20s, you were a reckless GM. Saying Alonzo Trier from the Knicks is every bit the player Luka is. And just weeks ago, doing a whole piece of Luka being more flashy but KP clearly is the “best” player on the Mavs. Did he eat crow today? Nope, just said people calling him out were haters and jealous, and refusing to acknowledge an all time performance

Sounds like a guy I'd un-follow ... unless I wanted a good chuckle.

Luka is so much fun to watch, and 3 teams severely underestimated him back in the 2018 draft.

But how about Donovan Mitchell? A DOZEN teams passed up on him! When teams as bad as the Hornets and Pistons pass on Mitchell to draft Malik Monk and Luke Kennard ... well, they deserve to suck.

Of course, sports history is filled with low-round draft picks (or even undrafted guys like Wes) going on to make GMs look foolish.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1354 on: August 24, 2020, 09:49:55 AM »
Raptors sweep.
Celtics sweep.
Heat sweep today?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1355 on: August 25, 2020, 06:54:06 PM »
Nice diversion from reality....Giannis wins DPOY award, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1356 on: August 25, 2020, 07:57:01 PM »
Murray vs. Mitchell has been the most entertaining aspect of the first round, non-Luka division. Hopefully Denver finishes this so we get another game.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1357 on: August 26, 2020, 01:23:31 PM »
@PaoloUggetti
Jayson Tatum: "We’re in this bubble and we’re isolated from everyone else and that’s frustrating. I know some guys have talked about going home.”

I don't know what its like to be a black man and see what is going on in this country. I mean, I'm angry about it, but I can't fully appreciate the depth of how these events affect them.

That said, will they really have more impact at home? They are on national TV every night, giving interviews, BLM everywhere. It's impossible to watch a game and not be reminded about what is going on. If they do decide to bail, I hope the league and NBAPA have a plan to help the players use their platforms more effectively.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1358 on: August 26, 2020, 01:27:40 PM »
Murray vs. Mitchell has been the most entertaining aspect of the first round, non-Luka division. Hopefully Denver finishes this so we get another game.

I knew Mitchell was a great player.

I always liked Murray and thought he would be a good pro, but he is way better than I thought he would be. Definitely an All-Stat level guy now.

But you are right, it has been a really fun series.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1359 on: August 26, 2020, 01:32:04 PM »
@PaoloUggetti
Jayson Tatum: "We’re in this bubble and we’re isolated from everyone else and that’s frustrating. I know some guys have talked about going home.”

I don't know what its like to be a black man and see what is going on in this country. I mean, I'm angry about it, but I can't fully appreciate the depth of how these events affect them.

That said, will they really have more impact at home? They are on national TV every night, giving interviews, BLM everywhere. It's impossible to watch a game and not be reminded about what is going on. If they do decide to bail, I hope the league and NBAPA have a plan to help the players use their platforms more effectively.

I’m with you. Especially from someone on a contending playoff team. If they truly feel, in non COVID times, they would sit out the playoffs to demonstrate, be proactive in the community, etc... then he has a point. But if they weren’t in the bubble and playing the season “normally”, they wouldn’t exactly have more time and opportunity during a playoff push to do more than they are doing now.  Doc last night was incredibly powerful, and an example of the platform they have. Short of physically being with their family and friends, their access to elements of “change”, given the logistics of their jobs, is just as useful or whatnot

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1360 on: August 26, 2020, 02:08:51 PM »
Nice diversion from reality....Giannis wins DPOY award, hey?

He should be an absolute lock for MVP too.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1361 on: August 26, 2020, 03:01:31 PM »
Looks like the Bucks are boycotting Game 5 v. Orlando in support of BLM.  They aren't coming out of the locker room.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1362 on: August 26, 2020, 03:03:56 PM »
Looks like the Bucks are boycotting Game 5 v. Orlando in support of BLM.  They aren't coming out of the locker room.

Source?  I'm at work and can't watch the game, but it is supposed to be starting now.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1363 on: August 26, 2020, 03:05:06 PM »
Source?  I'm at work and can't watch the game, but it is supposed to be starting now.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1298711727052185601

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1364 on: August 26, 2020, 03:14:47 PM »
So some MU fans can't support because they'll have a BLM patch on their uniforms, and now the Bucks are boycotting in support of BLM.  What basketball can these people turn to now?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

• All American
« Reply #1365 on: August 26, 2020, 03:18:36 PM »
So some MU fans can't support because they'll have a BLM patch on their uniforms, and now the Bucks are boycotting in support of BLM.  What basketball can these people turn to now?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-American_Basketball_Alliance_(2010)
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1366 on: August 26, 2020, 03:19:55 PM »

The Wisconsin Badgers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

• All American
« Reply #1367 on: August 26, 2020, 03:21:26 PM »

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1368 on: August 26, 2020, 03:22:24 PM »

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1369 on: August 26, 2020, 03:26:40 PM »
Be interesting to see if Raptors and Celtics boycott tomorrow's game.

After Seeing what George Hill said Monday, I would have been surprised if the Bucks HAD played.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1370 on: August 26, 2020, 03:43:32 PM »
Be interesting to see if Raptors and Celtics boycott tomorrow's game.

After Seeing what George Hill said Monday, I would have been surprised if the Bucks HAD played.

Oh, I think the train has left the station and this won’t be the last.  And if people think this will be a NBA only phenomena, I have a bridge to sell them.  This is the tip of the iceberg
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1371 on: August 26, 2020, 03:49:51 PM »
Oh, I think the train has left the station and this won’t be the last.  And if people think this will be a NBA only phenomena, I have a bridge to sell them.  This is the tip of the iceberg

I would not be shocked if the Brewers boycott. Hader was quoted saying it’s on the table.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1372 on: August 26, 2020, 03:52:36 PM »

I think you are probably right, Rico.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1373 on: August 26, 2020, 03:53:02 PM »

NFL players should boycott week 1 right before Trump speaks at the RNC. He'd have a stroke.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #1374 on: August 26, 2020, 03:53:51 PM »
Well good, then all the teams with players boycotting  can just not pay these jackasses their millions and fine them for violating their contracts. We’ll see how long this lasts.