[Today at 08:47:22 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by Goose
[Today at 07:54:34 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by MarquetteVol
[Today at 07:30:33 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Goose
[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2019-20  (Read 219567 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: NBA Thread 2019-20
« Reply #950 on: October 26, 2019, 09:09:53 AM »
Rockets have to be the most unlikeable team. Hardin, Westbrook, Chandler, Capella are everything i hate about the NBA. On top of that they bitch about every call. Starts with their whiney coach.

And now China hates them too.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #951 on: October 26, 2019, 10:18:47 AM »
Hausers didn't want to lay with him.    Which rings a bell, somehow.

I wouldn't want to lay with him either. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #952 on: October 26, 2019, 05:47:01 PM »
Lebron having to be told by AD that his fake hair is falling out during the game. Brilliant!

https://www.barstoolsports.com/viral/anthony-davis-is-a-good-friend-for-telling-lebron-his-fake-hair-was-unnatural carnal knowledgeed-up

*Problem with link because of Scoopiness.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #953 on: October 26, 2019, 07:15:40 PM »
Bledsoe, Matthews, Middleton is just not good  nearly good enough of a backcourt to win an NBA title.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #954 on: October 26, 2019, 08:21:04 PM »
Long season, but the offense was not why the Bucks lost. Hopefully a wakeup call for the defense. Giannis also has to stop giving away fouls.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #955 on: October 27, 2019, 04:23:54 AM »
Dude kant hit a free throw ta save his ass, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #956 on: October 27, 2019, 10:01:24 AM »
Dude kant hit a free throw ta save his ass, hey?

FTsnomatta
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #957 on: October 27, 2019, 12:51:38 PM »
Trying not to get my hopes up on the Twolves.. fun start to the year. Jimmy-less Miami Heat in town tonight for the opener. Bucks arrive Monday November 4, the day before cbb begins. I'll be in the building for that one.

KAT at his best is really, really good. Hungry boi Shabazz has been a nice backup at point guard. RoCo healthy again. Wiggins will continue to show flashes but mostly blow. Graham with toughness. Jake Layman looking good from deep (nh).

Go Wolves!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #958 on: October 27, 2019, 08:06:22 PM »
This kid named Ja Morant is having himself a pretty nice start....anyone ever heard of him?   8-)
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #959 on: October 27, 2019, 08:08:47 PM »
This kid named Ja Morant is having himself a pretty nice start....anyone ever heard of him?   8-)

Joey does.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #960 on: October 27, 2019, 08:32:34 PM »

was at the game yesterday-tyler h is on the perfect team for him to grow and develop.  he's going to be alright.  reminds me a little of jj redick.  he's got the quicks.  now he's got to work on his shot under pressure.

would have been cool to see jfb and wesley playing against each other.  the guy formerly known as lew alcindor got a really nice ovation sitting down near the front row. 
don't...don't don't don't don't

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #961 on: October 28, 2019, 12:13:11 AM »
Trying not to get my hopes up on the Twolves.. fun start to the year. Jimmy-less Miami Heat in town tonight for the opener. Bucks arrive Monday November 4, the day before cbb begins. I'll be in the building for that one.

KAT at his best is really, really good. Hungry boi Shabazz has been a nice backup at point guard. RoCo healthy again. Wiggins will continue to show flashes but mostly blow. Graham with toughness. Jake Layman looking good from deep (nh).

Go Wolves!

KAT has been a man possessed, super efficient, really active, and his 3 ball has been on point. His shot looks creaky but it’s been very good.

My fav part of the new season is finding the 2-3 teams that become targeted viewing for me (aka if I’m flipping around and they are in, I’ll watch, or I’ll seek out their good matchups), besides the Bucks obviously. So far it’s the Mavs and the Pels, then the Hawks are sneaking in there.

Luka is amazing. He and Porzingis have been working together really nicely early on. Delon Wright and then Seth curry off the bench for quick offense.

NO is interesting even without Zion. Ingram and Hart especially have been really good and clearly needed to get out of LA to thrive. Always been a big Jrue Holiday fan, and then what I’ve really liked is watching JJ run the team as a veteran leader. He and Hart play well off each other in leadership roles.

Hawks are super young, no pun intended, but Young and Collins are REALLY good, plus now they have Hunter and maybe a non-toxic Jabari who is still shockingly only 24. They could be a dark horse in the East

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #962 on: October 28, 2019, 09:34:56 AM »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #963 on: October 28, 2019, 09:56:43 AM »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #964 on: October 30, 2019, 11:21:48 PM »
Bulls have lost to Charlotte, Knicks, and the Cavs. That’s really, really, really bad.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #965 on: October 31, 2019, 08:26:31 AM »
Stephen Curry broke his hand last night. That sucks.

In the last 5 months, the Warriors have lost Durant, Thompson and now Curry, as well as several complementary players. Fortunately for them, Thompson and Curry will be back, but who knows if they ever will be able to win another title.

Nothing lasts forever ... except Brady and Belichick, of course.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #966 on: October 31, 2019, 08:32:58 AM »
Stephen Curry broke his hand last night. That sucks.

In the last 5 months, the Warriors have lost Durant, Thompson and now Curry, as well as several complementary players. Fortunately for them, Thompson and Curry will be back, but who knows if they ever will be able to win another title.

Nothing lasts forever ... except Brady and Belichick, of course.

The upside is they get to keep their lottery pick and can get to rebuilding more quickly (with their two stars injured).

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/if-steph-curry-less-warriors-hit-lottery-2020-draft-pick-doesnt-go-nets

MU82

• All American
« Reply #967 on: October 31, 2019, 09:12:39 AM »
The upside is they get to keep their lottery pick and can get to rebuilding more quickly (with their two stars injured).

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/if-steph-curry-less-warriors-hit-lottery-2020-draft-pick-doesnt-go-nets

That is fortunate, and a very good point.

I doubt they'll finish in the bottom 5, though, and anything after that requires both great scouting and some good fortune. They have shown the ability to build without being at the top of the draft, as Curry, Thompson and Green all came later (in Green's case, much later), and they did a nice job of identifying free agents who could help as role players. Durant, obviously, was a huge get, but they won their first title without him.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #968 on: November 02, 2019, 06:40:59 PM »
a little buzz going around that lamelo ball could become a number 1 draft pick?  i'd love to have his PR guy.  i mean, what the hell, so could markus.  lonzo is ok, but the lakers gave him a gift

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2804887-no-question-lamelo-ball-can-be-no-1-nba-draft-pick-says-spire-head-coach

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #969 on: November 02, 2019, 07:53:51 PM »
That is fortunate, and a very good point.

I doubt they'll finish in the bottom 5, though, and anything after that requires both great scouting and some good fortune. They have shown the ability to build without being at the top of the draft, as Curry, Thompson and Green all came later (in Green's case, much later), and they did a nice job of identifying free agents who could help as role players. Durant, obviously, was a huge get, but they won their first title without him.

I think giving Russell a platform to shine can't hurt either. Trade value if they do indeed choose to go that way.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #970 on: November 02, 2019, 08:07:03 PM »
a little buzz going around that lamelo ball could become a number 1 draft pick?  i'd love to have his PR guy.  i mean, what the hell, so could markus.  lonzo is ok, but the lakers gave him a gift

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2804887-no-question-lamelo-ball-can-be-no-1-nba-draft-pick-says-spire-head-coach

It’s his high school coach.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #971 on: November 02, 2019, 08:25:14 PM »
It’s his high school coach.

yes, but he is one of a few.  watching espn last night, some guy(other than his h.s. coach) was touting him on scott van pelt's show.  this may not be the guy, but  jonathon givony is another fan
https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2019/09/22/espn-releases-glowing-scouting-report-for-lamelo-ball/

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #972 on: November 04, 2019, 09:45:26 PM »
I want to clear the air here since some think I'm merely trolling. That is not the case. It is, however, my opinion that Wojo, for a multitude of reasons, is not capable of leading this program to the upper echelon of college basketball. Has he had glimmers of success over the past 5 years? Of course, but sustainability, has eluded him. I have maintained all along that a college coach should be judged on how successful he is in March. Wojo, in March, speaks volumes. But, it appears he has the full backing of MU's current administration. And, if he's fulfilling his job description, as was delineated to him when hired, I guess he'll continue to lead this program well into the future.
Herro may never have given MU the time of day. I don't know that, nor is it likely that anyone else here has that answer in truth. But, if it is true that the Hausers convinced the coach that they didn't want to play with Tyler, it is a real sign of weakness that he acquiesced to that demand. Couple that with Sam and Joey leaving the program and you have to wonder if Steve has second thoughts on how he's handled the leadership of his program. I wonder how many high school coaches in WI are in Wojo's corner and would encourage their 4 and 5 star recruits to attend Marquette? I do not wish failure upon Wojo. Quite the opposite. But, my confidence that he is capable, is very low. Hope I'm wrong.
BTW, I have never said or insinuate that I know the 5 stars in WI. As those of you who have been on this board for a while know, I have, however, known Kevon since he was 6 years old. Over the years, I have engaged in lengthy basketball discussions, not only with him, but also with his Mom and Dad. We continue to talk, albeit less basketball, and more every day life. He was in town just prior to the start of training camp and we met for quite a while.The Looneys are a marvelous family and I continue to celebrate Kevon's success. He has worked extremely hard to reach the pinnacle of basketball and is well deserving of everything he has earned.
I agree with this analysis
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #973 on: November 04, 2019, 09:52:48 PM »
Jay Bee, were you hanging on the rim before the game tonight?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #974 on: November 04, 2019, 10:54:51 PM »
yes, but he is one of a few.  watching espn last night, some guy(other than his h.s. coach) was touting him on scott van pelt's show.  this may not be the guy, but  jonathon givony is another fan
https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2019/09/22/espn-releases-glowing-scouting-report-for-lamelo-ball/

He won’t be the #1 pick, but I think he’s moved past the “overrated cause he’s a Ball” label. He’s been really solid in Australia and has impressed with his basketball IQ/unselfishness. He’s filled out and has nice size and a well rounded game, lot of potential from when he was scrawny and cherry picking huge stats against bad teams at Chino

feedback