[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2019-20  (Read 221083 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: NBA Thread 2019-20
« Reply #925 on: October 25, 2019, 01:01:29 PM »
Y'll laugh, butt, ass ewe no, the kid kan flat out ball and wit swag ta boot, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #926 on: October 25, 2019, 01:11:10 PM »
Who's laughing?  Who's not saying that he's an immensely talented kid?  Only one poster keeps bringing him up.  Why does that one poster have an obsession with one kid from Wisconsin that went on to play in the NBA, but completely ignored others.  If he wasn't just doing it to troll, and was legitimately following Wisconsin kids in the NBA why no mention of Looney's injury? 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #927 on: October 25, 2019, 01:12:45 PM »
Who's laughing?  Who's not saying that he's an immensely talented kid?  Only one poster keeps bringing him up.  Why does that one poster have an obsession with one kid from Wisconsin that went on to play in the NBA, but completely ignored others.  If he wasn't just doing it to troll, and was legitimately following Wisconsin kids in the NBA why no mention of Looney's injury?

Yepp. Dis iss troo.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #928 on: October 25, 2019, 01:13:12 PM »
Hausers didn't want to lay with him.    Which rings a bell, somehow.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #929 on: October 25, 2019, 01:25:30 PM »
Hausers didn't want to lay with him.    Which rings a bell, somehow.

Yeah definitely get a "fool me once" vibe when Wojo was made to pass on Herro (if that's in fact true). Then you try to make him choose vs. Markus? Later

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #930 on: October 25, 2019, 01:29:56 PM »
Herro seems like a kid who will love the Miami lifestyle.  I hope he's smart with his money.  $3M can go pretty quick down there.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #931 on: October 25, 2019, 01:42:11 PM »
Early clubhouse prediction for the NBA finals, Clippers vs. Bucks.

Love Patrick Beverly

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #932 on: October 25, 2019, 03:43:22 PM »

Sure, Woj didn't even sniff Whitnall HS after the Hausers wouldn't play nice in the sandbox with Tyler. Wonder how coach feels about that now, not that Herro would have chosen to play for Woj vs. Calipari.
As for #5, he's doing quite well, thank you. Just bought a new crib. Even in San Francisco, $5mil per plus new shoe deal, can go quite far. I'll give him your best.

"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #933 on: October 25, 2019, 03:51:06 PM »

Sure, Woj didn't even sniff Whitnall HS after the Hausers wouldn't play nice in the sandbox with Tyler. Wonder how coach feels about that now, not that Herro would have chosen to play for Woj vs. Calipari.
As for #5, he's doing quite well, thank you. Just bought a new crib. Even in San Francisco, $5mil per plus new shoe deal, can go quite far. I'll give him your best.

You actually brought Looney up. Good job. Was kind worried all your attention to random 19 year old boys was going to Tyler.   Considering the Herro to UK rumors were going strong when he was still a badger commit, I feel confident in saying that there was nothing that Wojo could have done to get him, but since you know every 5* kid to come out of the state I'm sure you'll be seeing Jordan Poole, and Jalen Johnson and give us all first hand knowledge of their collegiate recruitment.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #934 on: October 25, 2019, 04:16:49 PM »

He showed he can step out and hit the 3 now too, which is an added element to his game.  He's slow and steady progressing on becoming a really nice piece.  Saw him outside Cubanitas this summer on my way to a haircut.  Had a Warriors hat on and didn't realize it was him until he said "Dubs" and nodded at me.  Good dude

Also, speaking of the Clippers and the game last night, Lou Williams may have the worst agent in the league.  He's been 6th man of the year 3 times, been good for mid teens in PPG since his 3rd year in the league...and never made more than $8MM a year, and thats on his most recent deal.  When guys like Marvin Williams or Ian Mahimi are making the same or more than you for the production he has, something is off.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #935 on: October 25, 2019, 05:27:42 PM »
Y'll laugh, butt, ass ewe no, the kid kan flat out ball and wit swag ta boot, aina?

Love Tyler Herro.  Hope he kills it.  Still see Tom Oates kicking dirt for every success Herro has
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

🏀

• All American
« Reply #936 on: October 25, 2019, 05:34:38 PM »
You actually brought Looney up. Good job. Was kind worried all your attention to random 19 year old boys was going to Tyler.   Considering the Herro to UK rumors were going strong when he was still a badger commit, I feel confident in saying that there was nothing that Wojo could have done to get him, but since you know every 5* kid to come out of the state I'm sure you'll be seeing Jordan Poole, and Jalen Johnson and give us all first hand knowledge of their collegiate recruitment.

Not sure the Doc really deserved this. He makes it known who he's close to and who he isn't, not every 5*.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #937 on: October 25, 2019, 05:58:51 PM »
Not sure the Doc really deserved this. He makes it known who he's close to and who he isn't, not every 5*.

Nothing wrong with having inside info and sharing it, but when a 5* in state kid that we recruited and offered decides to go to Kentucky, most people would accept that as losing a recruiting battle to a BB.  Very few would see it as Wojo not even bothering to continue recruit a kid that was already committed because there were rumors that he might de-commit and head off to a BB. 

Then to continue to bring it up years later when that kid is in the NBA, when there are multiple other examples of other in state kids that have gone to BBs and then to the NBA that you are ignoring.  This is not a case of just name dropping to impress people on the internet, he is taking a shot at Wojo and the program, by implying that we didn't even try to get him, when that is just not true. 

No one else has posted as much fluff about Herro since he decided to go to college elsewhere (other than the two dummy accounts that were presumably run by a family or friend of Tyler).  The vast majority of posters moved on and choose to focus on active MU topics (on a MU message board, weird right).  Just about anyone else who has posted about him has wished him well, and no one else feels its necessary to take a shot at our program while doing so.

If he wants to be the new Herman and provide updates on all the Wisconsin natives/MU players playing professional basketball, by all means, but then we should all be expecting some Trey McKinnie Jones updates soon.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/birthplaces.fcgi?country=US&state=WI

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #938 on: October 25, 2019, 06:00:42 PM »
James Harden "ducking" out of the way of Giannis's airball 3 pointer was great.  Giannis 2-5 from 3, Harden 1-8.  Maybe worry about shooting over 15% from the field clown.  Or maybe he wasn't ducking at all and it was just him spazzing out like he does when he's flopping around all over the court to bate refs into sending him to the free throw line.

Guy's worse than LeBron.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #939 on: October 25, 2019, 07:13:41 PM »
I want to clear the air here since some think I'm merely trolling. That is not the case. It is, however, my opinion that Wojo, for a multitude of reasons, is not capable of leading this program to the upper echelon of college basketball. Has he had glimmers of success over the past 5 years? Of course, but sustainability, has eluded him. I have maintained all along that a college coach should be judged on how successful he is in March. Wojo, in March, speaks volumes. But, it appears he has the full backing of MU's current administration. And, if he's fulfilling his job description, as was delineated to him when hired, I guess he'll continue to lead this program well into the future.
Herro may never have given MU the time of day. I don't know that, nor is it likely that anyone else here has that answer in truth. But, if it is true that the Hausers convinced the coach that they didn't want to play with Tyler, it is a real sign of weakness that he acquiesced to that demand. Couple that with Sam and Joey leaving the program and you have to wonder if Steve has second thoughts on how he's handled the leadership of his program. I wonder how many high school coaches in WI are in Wojo's corner and would encourage their 4 and 5 star recruits to attend Marquette? I do not wish failure upon Wojo. Quite the opposite. But, my confidence that he is capable, is very low. Hope I'm wrong.
BTW, I have never said or insinuate that I know the 5 stars in WI. As those of you who have been on this board for a while know, I have, however, known Kevon since he was 6 years old. Over the years, I have engaged in lengthy basketball discussions, not only with him, but also with his Mom and Dad. We continue to talk, albeit less basketball, and more every day life. He was in town just prior to the start of training camp and we met for quite a while.The Looneys are a marvelous family and I continue to celebrate Kevon's success. He has worked extremely hard to reach the pinnacle of basketball and is well deserving of everything he has earned.

"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #940 on: October 25, 2019, 07:47:47 PM »
If you posted like this more often, people would have a vastly different opinion of you.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #941 on: October 25, 2019, 07:50:33 PM »
Yea it's pretty clear that you think that Wojo isn't the man for the job.  Where I get confused is why you continue to bring up a 5* recruit that originally snubbed us over 3 years ago?  Diamond had an offer from us, he'd be a missed in state 5*, and no one has mentioned him in years.  Wojo has plenty of faults, you don't need to go back 3+ years to find one.

And just to bring this back to the Superbar, WTF is up up with Kemba?  I understand it's an extremely small sample size, against two of the better teams from the East, but he just looks awful.  In the 20%s from the floor, in the teens from 3, grand total of 4 boards, and the same number of TOs as assists.  Is it possible that Charlotte made the right decision with him?  I didn't know Charlotte made right decisions.  Now that I said that, he'll probably go off in the 4th.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #942 on: October 25, 2019, 08:19:19 PM »
Doc, I agree with brand. Thanks for the interesting post.

I just wish you wouldn't sound so damn happy when Wojo misses on a recruit.

I also know you are knowledgeable enough  about basketball to know the importance of chemistry. Wojo looked at the Hausers and Markus as cornerstones of his program. He looked at Sam as a leader. If two of the cornerstones and one of the leaders come to you and say, "We got this, Coach; and we don't think Herro is right for our team," you'd be doing the team a great disservice to recruit Herro anyway. And the fact that he wanted to go to Kentucky anyway makes Wojo not wasting time and effort on him even more understandable IMHO.

Now, obviously, things didn't work out as planned with the Hausers, and like you I think that reflects poorly on Wojo. But I really don't think Wojo did one single thing wrong by not persuing Herro. And frankly, as deferential as you have been to the Hausers, I'm a little surprised you hold this against Wojo.

You obviously are allowed your opinion about him, but this smacks of ripping him just for the sake of ripping him.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #943 on: October 25, 2019, 08:21:31 PM »
I want to clear the air here since some think I'm merely trolling. That is not the case. It is, however, my opinion that Wojo, for a multitude of reasons, is not capable of leading this program to the upper echelon of college basketball. Has he had glimmers of success over the past 5 years? Of course, but sustainability, has eluded him. I have maintained all along that a college coach should be judged on how successful he is in March. Wojo, in March, speaks volumes. But, it appears he has the full backing of MU's current administration. And, if he's fulfilling his job description, as was delineated to him when hired, I guess he'll continue to lead this program well into the future.
Herro may never have given MU the time of day. I don't know that, nor is it likely that anyone else here has that answer in truth. But, if it is true that the Hausers convinced the coach that they didn't want to play with Tyler, it is a real sign of weakness that he acquiesced to that demand. Couple that with Sam and Joey leaving the program and you have to wonder if Steve has second thoughts on how he's handled the leadership of his program. I wonder how many high school coaches in WI are in Wojo's corner and would encourage their 4 and 5 star recruits to attend Marquette? I do not wish failure upon Wojo. Quite the opposite. But, my confidence that he is capable, is very low. Hope I'm wrong.
BTW, I have never said or insinuate that I know the 5 stars in WI. As those of you who have been on this board for a while know, I have, however, known Kevon since he was 6 years old. Over the years, I have engaged in lengthy basketball discussions, not only with him, but also with his Mom and Dad. We continue to talk, albeit less basketball, and more every day life. He was in town just prior to the start of training camp and we met for quite a while.The Looneys are a marvelous family and I continue to celebrate Kevon's success. He has worked extremely hard to reach the pinnacle of basketball and is well deserving of everything he has earned.
Nobody thinks you know crap. You are a unnatural carnal knowledgeing dentist.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #944 on: October 25, 2019, 09:39:40 PM »

I just wish you wouldn't sound so damn happy when Wojo misses on a recruit.

All in the eye of the beholder, I guess, but when I hear "He gone" or "Next man up" from the good doctor it sounds like resignation tinged with disappointment to me. Certainly not joy.

And in fairness (eye of the beholder again), the defensiveness that I sense in you and others when Wojo misses may be me viewing through a biased lens.

Bottom line - we all want MU success with every fiber in our being. Some are cheerleaders, some are critics, some wear both hats. Some are optimists, some pessimists. None are "better".

MU82

• All American
« Reply #945 on: October 25, 2019, 09:53:00 PM »
All in the eye of the beholder, I guess, but when I hear "He gone" or "Next man up" from the good doctor it sounds like resignation tinged with disappointment to me. Certainly not joy.

And in fairness (eye of the beholder again), the defensiveness that I sense in you and others when Wojo misses may be me viewing through a biased lens.

Bottom line - we all want MU success with every fiber in our being. Some are cheerleaders, some are critics, some wear both hats. Some are optimists, some pessimists. None are "better".

I like Doc. But sorry, Lenny, going into the recruiting thread the moment it looks like Marquette might lose a recruit and gleefully talking about "green weenies" is the opposite of "better." In the eye of this beholder, anyway.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #946 on: October 25, 2019, 10:20:41 PM »
I like Doc. But sorry, Lenny, going into the recruiting thread the moment it looks like Marquette might lose a recruit and gleefully talking about "green weenies" is the opposite of "better." In the eye of this beholder, anyway.

There is, no doubt, a back and forth between posters with differing opinions of the state of the program. Wojophiles call out those not in their camp after each success. And those who think he's not the guy are just as quick to point out his failures. In the former's case, their joy is exacerbated by being able to say "I told you so". In the latter's case, their disappointment is (somewhat) assuaged by being able to say the same.

But make no mistake, guys like 4ever (and Goose, Keefe, Lens, myself and others with the temerity to frequently or occasionally criticize Wojo) want him to win every recruiting battle, win every game - just as much as you do. Anoint yourself the better fan (or better person) if that makes you happy. I'll respectfully disagree.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #947 on: October 25, 2019, 10:33:39 PM »
There is, no doubt, a back and forth between posters with differing opinions of the state of the program. Wojophiles call out those not in their camp after each success. And those who think he's not the guy are just as quick to point out his failures. In the former's case, their joy is exacerbated by being able to say "I told you so". In the latter's case, their disappointment is (somewhat) assuaged by being able to say the same.

But make no mistake, guys like 4ever (and Goose, Keefe, Lens, myself and others with the temerity to frequently or occasionally criticize Wojo) want him to win every recruiting battle, win every game - just as much as you do. Anoint yourself the better fan (or better person) if that makes you happy. I'll respectfully disagree.

I anoint myself only "Marquette fan," "follicly challenged grandpa" and "wannabe beer connoisseur."

I criticize Wojo plenty.

And I like all y'all.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #948 on: October 26, 2019, 08:31:49 AM »
Nobody thinks you know crap. You are a unnatural carnal knowledgeing dentist.
what an insightful, witty and positive contribution you anti-dentite SOB.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #949 on: October 26, 2019, 08:38:16 AM »
James Harden "ducking" out of the way of Giannis's airball 3 pointer was great.  Giannis 2-5 from 3, Harden 1-8.  Maybe worry about shooting over 15% from the field clown.  Or maybe he wasn't ducking at all and it was just him spazzing out like he does when he's flopping around all over the court to bate refs into sending him to the free throw line.

Guy's worse than LeBron.
Rockets have to be the most unlikeable team. Hardin, Westbrook, Chandler, Capella are everything i hate about the NBA. On top of that they bitch about every call. Starts with their whiney coach.

feedback