[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2019-20  (Read 219482 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: NBA Thread 2018-19
« Reply #775 on: June 20, 2019, 05:19:32 PM »
 Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Atlanta has acquired New Orleans No. 4 pick in the draft for No. 8 and 17 and 35, league sources tell ESPN. Pelicans are sending Solomon Hill, No. 57 pick and a future second-round pick.

Atlanta moving up for Deandre Hunter.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #776 on: June 20, 2019, 06:45:06 PM »
Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Atlanta has acquired New Orleans No. 4 pick in the draft for No. 8 and 17 and 35, league sources tell ESPN. Pelicans are sending Solomon Hill, No. 57 pick and a future second-round pick.

Atlanta moving up for Deandre Hunter.

David Griffin DEALING. The list of picks and assets he’s acquired in this trade is remarkable. Cam Reddish at 8 and someone like Brandon Clarke at 17 would look real nice.

Also, Zion is incredibly likeable. The genuine tears and emotion in that interview were really endearing. What a way to transition from AD

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #777 on: June 20, 2019, 08:11:11 PM »
So glad Woj didn't recruit that POS Herro. Who needs a lottery pick shooting guard? Miami sure got uck fayed, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #778 on: June 20, 2019, 08:12:43 PM »
Wojo recruited Herro.  He just read the tea leaves early.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #779 on: June 20, 2019, 08:16:31 PM »
Sammie and Joey didn't wanna share toys in da sandbox, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #780 on: June 20, 2019, 09:10:44 PM »
According to you, Saint Sam and Saint Joey.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #781 on: June 20, 2019, 09:21:46 PM »
According to you, Saint Sam and Saint Joey.

According to you, Benedict Arnold and Bo Bergdahl.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #782 on: June 20, 2019, 10:26:33 PM »
I sat right next to Wojo and Nelson when Herro and his Whitnall team were playing Brown Deer before Herro committed to UW. I feel fairly confident they were not there to recruit anyone other than Herro from those two teams, and I feel fairly confident they weren’t just going to watch a kid they were not recruiting. He committed to UW early. And when he decommitted he was not going anywhere but a blue blood program after blowing up at Team USA camp. MU was never an option for him.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #783 on: June 20, 2019, 11:36:19 PM »
Heading to bed, only 1 Big East player picked, Eric Paschall from Nova in the 2nd round. All three early entries (Krampelj, Ponds, Simon) still on the board with 2 picks left.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #784 on: June 21, 2019, 05:18:13 AM »

If the letter story is true.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #785 on: June 21, 2019, 08:09:47 AM »
I sat right next to Wojo and Nelson when Herro and his Whitnall team were playing Brown Deer before Herro committed to UW. I feel fairly confident they were not there to recruit anyone other than Herro from those two teams, and I feel fairly confident they weren’t just going to watch a kid they were not recruiting. He committed to UW early. And when he decommitted he was not going anywhere but a blue blood program after blowing up at Team USA camp. MU was never an option for him.

I just posted this on the Hanging topic on this:

https://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2017/10/17/16492878/tyler-herro-decommits-wisconsin-basketball-recruiting

"When he committed to Wisconsin last year, he did so while holding offers from “dream school” Arizona and Marquette, as well as Creighton, Florida, Indiana, Iowa State, Purdue, Xavier, and others."

https://marquettewire.org/3953484/sports/recruiting-herro-picks-wisconsin-over-mu-others/

"For the second time in 34 days, head basketball coach Steve Wojciechowski and his staff came up short on a highly-touted recruit in Milwaukee County.  This time Tyler Herro, a 2018 guard and resident of Greenfield, Wisconsin, opted to attend Wisconsin."

https://usatodayhss.com/2017/tyler-herro-decommits-from-wisconsin

"He initially chose UW over Arizona, Florida, Purdue, Indiana, Iowa State, Marquette and several other schools."

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21057553/tyler-herro-no-27-espn-100-decommits-wisconsin-badgers

"Prior to his commitment, Herro had a long list of schools involved in his recruitment, including Marquette, DePaul, Arizona, Oregon and Arizona State."

http://snotapwi.com/tyler-herro-chooses-wisconsin-over-marquette/

"Tyler Herro, a 6’4 guard from Whitnall High School, committed to Wisconsin over Marquette and countless other schools yesterday."

So can we be done with the duma$$ narrative that Wojo didn't recruit Tyler Herro?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #786 on: June 21, 2019, 08:56:49 AM »
So can we be done with the duma$$ narrative that Wojo didn't recruit Tyler Herro?

Thanks for showing the work, FBM. If Wojo had devoted more time to recruiting Herro, then we'd hear about how he doesn't know how to prioritize and wasted his time and resources for a guy he'd never get. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.  And regardless of one's position on Wojo, he's earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to in-state blue chippers.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #787 on: June 21, 2019, 09:18:02 AM »
So glad Woj didn't recruit that POS Herro. Who needs a lottery pick shooting guard? Miami sure got uck fayed, hey?

?????   He was offered, he was never coming to MU.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #788 on: June 21, 2019, 09:18:31 AM »

Bo is a hero to some people in this country.....
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #789 on: June 21, 2019, 09:34:02 AM »
Sammie and Joey didn't wanna share toys in da sandbox, aina?

You're a hoot, Doc.

That Wojo didn't appease the Hausers to keep them at MU is on Wojo.

That Wojo did appease the Hausers regarding Herro is also on Wojo.

When a recruit signs elsewhere, you all but celebrate a Wojo miss.

When he lands good recruits, it's either crickets or some veiled rip.

At least you're consistent, oon'a?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #790 on: June 21, 2019, 05:33:54 PM »
Bo is a hero to some people in this country.....
Hey mods, is the "next political post earns a ban" still in place?  Banny McBannerson is hoping this one gets him a set of steak knives.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #791 on: June 21, 2019, 05:59:44 PM »
Hey mods, is the "next political post earns a ban" still in place?  Banny McBannerson is hoping this one gets him a set of steak knives.

Everyone on Scoop knows I am loathe to defend Chico ever, but....

I don’t think we ban people for bad puns.

I agree with most of your posts, TSmith, but I think you took this a bit too seriously.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #792 on: June 21, 2019, 06:11:13 PM »

I agree with most of your posts, TSmith, but I think you took this a bit too seriously.

While I would not favor a ban, what Cheeks wrote was not a play on words (a pun) but an opinion - that some in this country consider Bo Bergdahl a hero (insinuating, I guess, that Bo is a hero to some on the left). I would guess very few of any political persuasion believe this.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #793 on: June 21, 2019, 06:22:44 PM »

Jockey, I believe the same as Lenny -- it is just another of Chicos' colossally stupid right-wing slurs.  It was not a play on Bo Ryan.  He is quite literally unable stop himself from repeating idiotic things like this.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #794 on: June 21, 2019, 07:04:44 PM »
It was absolutely political, and not the first political post he has had since the "next political talk gets a ban" warning.

I guess his rabbit's foot is working well for him.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #795 on: June 21, 2019, 07:40:45 PM »
While I would not favor a ban, what Cheeks wrote was not a play on words (a pun) but an opinion - that some in this country consider Bo Bergdahl a hero (insinuating, I guess, that Bo is a hero to some on the left). I would guess very few of any political persuasion believe this.

Let me correct myself, Lenny and Mike.

I mixed up two different threads. I was reading the other thread involving Herro and UW - and, skimming too quickly, took it as a pun about Bo Ryan and Tyler Herro.

It was my mistake, Chico should be banned, and I was an idiot for even entertaining the idea of defending him.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #796 on: June 21, 2019, 08:53:51 PM »

How is that a political post?  It isn't.  What I stated was true, he is a hero to some people in this country.  You disagree, that's fine and your right....but what I said was true.  His father, some of his fellow soldiers, and some members of his hometown call him a hero. As do many other people.  That was my statement, it is factually true and you are reading something that isn't there. Nothing about ideology, politics, etc, and no insinuation either.  I simply said he is a hero to some people in this country. FACT.

As an example:

"To those of us in Hailey, he is certainly a hero," said Sue Martin,  Sgt Bergdahl's former boss the owner of Zaney's River Street Coffee House

If my post was political, then wouldn't Lenny's be political from the start for bringing this man's name up in the first place? Personally, I say no.  Also, didn't someone yesterday bring up a candidate's name in the UCONN to Big East thread  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58833.msg1139723#msg1139723 ?   I don't recall you guys saying a single word about their comments, because you didn't. 

Stop reading into things that aren't there.  Let's stick to truthful posts based on facts...as I did.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #797 on: June 22, 2019, 08:10:12 AM »
How is that a political post?  It isn't.  What I stated was true, he is a hero to some people in this country.  You disagree, that's fine and your right....but what I said was true.  His father, some of his fellow soldiers, and some members of his hometown call him a hero. As do many other people.  That was my statement, it is factually true and you are reading something that isn't there. Nothing about ideology, politics, etc, and no insinuation either.  I simply said he is a hero to some people in this country. FACT.

As an example:

"To those of us in Hailey, he is certainly a hero," said Sue Martin,  Sgt Bergdahl's former boss the owner of Zaney's River Street Coffee House

If my post was political, then wouldn't Lenny's be political from the start for bringing this man's name up in the first place? Personally, I say no.  Also, didn't someone yesterday bring up a candidate's name in the UCONN to Big East thread  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58833.msg1139723#msg1139723 ?   I don't recall you guys saying a single word about their comments, because you didn't. 

Stop reading into things that aren't there.  Let's stick to truthful posts based on facts...as I did.

So all of your political posts are not factual? They are filled with lies? Good to know!

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #798 on: June 22, 2019, 12:07:38 PM »
So all of your political posts are not factual? They are filled with lies? Good to know!

My post wasn’t politicL....but seeing the three or four of you that reacted and saw it that way makes me feel group think is alive and well...you have a lot in common.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #799 on: June 22, 2019, 12:56:08 PM »
Hey mods, is the "next political post earns a ban" still in place?

Well, I mean, since it was my rule early in the week, yes it's still in place.  I then took a few day Scoopcation (totally voluntary - others could learn!).  In the meantime SoCal locked the "Here comes the judge" thread, and I still own one of the magical ban-hammers.