Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NCAA recent investigations  (Read 121396 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: NCAA recent investigations
« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2018, 06:02:54 AM »
Let’s just say that there’s a reason certain malcontents were not kicked off the team by Buzz when they should have been.....

Tattoo removal ain't cheap.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2018, 07:45:57 AM »
Let’s just say that there’s a reason certain malcontents were not kicked off the team by Buzz when they should have been.....

Yeah, let's just say it...without any proof of course...but let's just say it anyway...

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2018, 08:32:32 AM »
Yeah, let's just say it...without any proof of course...but let's just say it anyway...

A lot of that going around these days.  No proof of anything, but destroying the lives of people.  Welcome to America
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2018, 08:33:24 AM »

Not cool. You have hinted at this several times in the last year.  Either come out with it or shut up. 
— Plato

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2018, 09:07:42 AM »
Not cool. You have hinted at this several times in the last year.  Either come out with it or shut up.

Still waiting on the Chicos Bail Bonds Blue Ribbon Panel Report on the Buzz Era too, aina.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 04:10:27 PM by ZiggysFryBoy »

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2018, 09:40:12 AM »
A lot of that going around these days.  No proof of anything, but destroying the lives of people.  Welcome to America

LOL

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2018, 09:46:59 AM »

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2018, 01:48:55 PM »
In before the lock  :P
Goal is National Championship

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2018, 08:50:37 PM »

So weird.  This guy named Chicos used to say things similar to that.  But he wasn't from Chicago.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2018, 08:57:41 PM »

Persona Point-Counterpoint.  Bonus points

MU82

• All American
« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2018, 09:03:55 PM »
Persona Point-Counterpoint.  Bonus points

chicos, you ignorant sl*t
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #111 on: October 05, 2018, 09:05:06 PM »
So weird.  This guy named Chicos used to say things similar to that.  But he wasn't from Chicago.

Several guys around here used to say similar things to that.  But it was actually just one guy... and Chico’s wasn’t even this guy’s “main.”

Am I the only one who’s figured this out?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2018, 07:10:15 AM »
Several guys around here used to say similar things to that.  But it was actually just one guy... and Chico’s wasn’t even this guy’s “main.”

Am I the only one who’s figured this out?

Benny - Agree that there have been several iteration of Chico (sometimes even multiple ones simultaneously) but I would be interested in a) your summary/explanation and b) who his "main" was.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #113 on: October 06, 2018, 11:57:58 AM »
— Plato

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #114 on: October 06, 2018, 08:39:19 PM »
Benny - Agree that there have been several iteration of Chico (sometimes even multiple ones simultaneously) but I would be interested in a) your summary/explanation and b) who his "main" is.

A) First off, the whole Chicos “persona” is a complete fabrication.  As Jon Lovitz would say.... “aaaact-ing.”  And I’m not talking about how Chicos pretends to be someone else.  The “Chicos” character itself is someone pretending to be “Chicos.”

That being said, two words that will lead you to the promised land: Cracked Sidewalks.

B) FIFY. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #115 on: October 06, 2018, 09:49:12 PM »
A) First off, the whole Chicos “persona” is a complete fabrication.  As Jon Lovitz would say.... “aaaact-ing.”  And I’m not talking about how Chicos pretends to be someone else.  The “Chicos” character itself is someone pretending to be “Chicos.”

That being said, two words that will lead you to the promised land: Cracked Sidewalks.

B) FIFY. 

Nah.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #116 on: October 07, 2018, 07:25:51 AM »
Wait ... what's a chicos?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #117 on: October 07, 2018, 01:29:40 PM »
A Hoopaloop?

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #118 on: October 07, 2018, 07:12:13 PM »

I asked a question months ago and all people had to do was answer the question. Now I understand it is a user here, but how hard would it have been to answer the question?

— Plato

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #119 on: October 07, 2018, 07:12:55 PM »
I want Who is keefe? vs What's a Chicos? in the next meme tournament.

Who is keefe?  Is that the same person as baby david?
— Plato

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2018, 02:21:29 PM »
At what point does the ncaa get involved??
Sean miller on tape discussing  payments, yet he is coaching?  Asst coaches discussing payments?  Is the ncaa unaware of these indictments? 
As sad as itsounds, it appears Louisvilke is the only program to handle these cases anywhere close to appropriately.  How can it possibly be that numerous other head coaches have not been fired?? What am i missing here?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2018, 02:40:11 PM »
Sean miller on tape discussing  payments, yet he is coaching?  Asst coaches discussing payments?  Is the ncaa unaware of these indictments? 
As sad as itsounds, it appears Louisvilke is the only program to handle these cases anywhere close to appropriately.  How can it possibly be that numerous other head coaches have not been fired?? What am i missing here?
FBI asked NCAA to wait

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2018, 02:53:47 PM »
All good questions but I think the simple answer is money. The schools don't want to open themselves up to wrongful termination lawsuits. NCAA violations and the associated punishments will put the institutions on firmer ground to terminate. Unfortunately the NCAA has been put on the sidelines by the FBI while they complete their process.

The trendy public opinion is that "the NCAA is a joke and will never do anything to clean up the mess" but I don't believe that is the case. If anything the NCAA has shown the propensity to over reach their authority as they did at Penn State. The UNC fiasco turned out to be a legal loophole that the school used to avoid punishment. Unfortunate but the NCAA has to play the hand dealt them. Also, Michigan State was outside the NCAA jurisdiction but the school did hang a $1/2 billion bill on the tax payers of Michigan.

FWIW, my Arizona friends tell me its 'a matter of when not if' Miller is gone and they are not too upset to see him leave due to their perception that he has underachieved in Tucson, especially since he has been paying recruits.   

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2018, 04:04:58 PM »

B) FIFY.

This is Publius Enigma level $hit, Benny.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #124 on: October 08, 2018, 08:26:21 PM »

Per Dick Vitale tonight:
A source involved in the @FBI hoops investigation told me  there could be some testimony tomorrow that can create a big nightmare for some coaches & schools / stay tuned ! @espn

Could be interesting, but like Newsdreams stated, FBI told NCAA to wait on any action until trials are over, like in April. 

feedback