[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Sam Dekker Causes Bruhaha  (Read 12443 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Sam Dekker Causes Bruhaha
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2018, 04:34:40 PM »
As someone who was called out by many, many people here for using a nasty term about cops who commit crimes, it would seem that DeKKKer is WAY WAY over the line.

He responded to a stupid statement with his own stupid statement. Apparently on Scoop that means accusing him of being like-minded with murderous white supremacist savages.

Make fun of him for his "nimble" feet and ballerina-like coordination, but enough is enough.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2018, 05:20:20 PM »
As someone who was called out by many, many people here for using a nasty term about cops who commit crimes, it would seem that DeKKKer is WAY WAY over the line.

He responded to a stupid statement with his own stupid statement. Apparently on Scoop that means accusing him of being like-minded with murderous white supremacist savages.

Make fun of him for his "nimble" feet and ballerina-like coordination, but enough is enough.
It's not funny because he made a stupid statement. it's funny because:
- the twitter fight that followed when some dude used it
- UW's track record of differing graduation rates between white and black players (not sure there is still a dramatic gap but there was
- the subtle racism that occurs within UW's fan base when a black player picks another school
- the fact that UW is such a white institution they have to photoshop a black guy into their student section to appear diverse
- DeKKKer made a stupid statement about white pride

It's not specific to him it's a reflection of the whole program he represents.........therefore, funny.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2018, 05:42:17 PM »

It's not specific to him it's a reflection of the whole program he represents.........therefore, funny.

There is a picture of Sam Dekker. There are posts about DeKKKer.

But it's not about him. um....OK.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2018, 05:47:34 PM »

Nobody on Scoop has said anything close to this.
"DeKKKer" was written in reference to a tweet made in response to his bad tweet. And it was said in jest.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2018, 06:09:37 PM »

brandi gets a jock-strap snuggie over a play on consonants, and tries to equate it to his hate for the people who put their lives on the line for us every day??  he's been trying so hard, watching for a moral equivalent...swing and a miss, but thanks for playing
don't...don't don't don't don't

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2018, 09:02:26 PM »
Nobody on Scoop has said anything close to this.
"DeKKKer" was written in reference to a tweet made in response to his bad tweet. And it was said in jest.

Using KKK in his name would suggest he is like members of the Klan. Sorta obvious.

Oops, just kidding :o

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2018, 09:18:31 PM »
Using KKK in his name would suggest he is like members of the Klan. Sorta obvious.

Oops, just kidding :o

does it hurt to have no sense of humor?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2018, 09:47:01 PM »
You and I usually are on the same page, brand, but this is a joke. It's making fun of a guy who used to be with the enemy.

You called out an entire group of people. We need to do something about bad cops - Bill Maher closed out New Rules last week with an excellent piece on this subject, including a mention of Brown -- but your blanket reference to them as "pigs" was over the line.

I know you came back and explained that you were talking about those specific cops, but I just felt the language was unnecessary. And there certainly wasn't any good-natured joking in your posts.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2018, 10:15:39 PM »
You and I usually are on the same page, brand, but this is a joke. It's making fun of a guy who used to be with the enemy.

You called out an entire group of people. We need to do something about bad cops - Bill Maher closed out New Rules last week with an excellent piece on this subject, including a mention of Brown -- but your blanket reference to them as "pigs" was over the line.

I know you came back and explained that you were talking about those specific cops, but I just felt the language was unnecessary. And there certainly wasn't any good-natured joking in your posts.

On this one, I'd have to see the reaction of people if someone made a reference to a group like the black panthers in regards to a basketball player.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2018, 09:35:01 AM »
On this one, I'd have to see the reaction of people if someone made a reference to a group like the black panthers in regards to a basketball player.
I honestly think it would depend on how close that players name was to 'black panthers' and the context of quote.  If the players name was Blake Puma and he said something supporting a revolution..."Blake Puma? more like Black Panther" would be funny.  If it was Blake Griffin making a peaceful protest of something and someone referenced the black panthers it would not be funny.

If Dekker's name was 'Decker' or 'Dekler' it moves out of the realm of humor.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2018, 09:58:55 AM »

If Dekker's name was 'Decker' or 'Dekler' it moves out of the realm of humor.

Dirk Dekler?

DeKKKer is funnier. Makes me giggle every time I see it.

White Pride '18!

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2018, 12:01:59 PM »
In no way does anyone think that Sam Dekk(k)er is part of the KKK. Lets cool the jets a bit.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2018, 12:09:57 PM »
In no way does anyone think that Sam Dekk(k)er is part of the KKK. Lets cool the jets a bit.

DO YOU HAVE PROOF THAT HE ISN"T?????

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2018, 01:25:56 PM »
I would rather just focus on his face-dribbling technique, and this quote from the original article:

At least four years ago, when a Twitter guy drove 35 minutes to Temecula, Calif., on Christmas Day to fight another Twitter guy who said mean things about Kobe Bryant, the feud was about a player who was actually good.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2018, 02:47:05 PM »

Brandy might not think that, but his feelings are hurt.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2018, 02:47:47 PM »
I’ve never quite understood why I should be proud of things I’ve never had any control of, things that are purely genetics.  Should I be proud that I am tall?  Proud that I am genetically lucky and still have a full head of hair?  I had nothing to do with these things. It’s like claiming a prize for something I didn’t earn.

And to be clear, TAMU’s point that minorities say “proud to be” X is something quite different, as he said a pushback against being marginalized.

But why would I or Dekker be “proud” to be born of a particular skin tone when we had nothing to do with it?

If you haven't heard George Carlin's bit on national pride, you should as you just nailed his point:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOmQP9guIl0
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2018, 02:53:10 PM »
who cares about Dekker (other than the Badger obsessed crowd), the real story here is that some MAGA douche (allegedly) bought a plane ticket to fight a guy he had a disagreement with on Twitter. If that doesn't prove the downfall of our civil society that social media has created, I don't know what does.

And to make it even more ridiculous, he (allegedly) put the dude in a middle seat in basic economy and had him fly in on the last flight out of SFO.  I say "allegedly" because I don't know how one could book an airline ticket for someone else when they have no identifying information for them.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2018, 02:58:39 PM »
Brandy might not think that, but his feelings are hurt.

why am i NOT surprised he found something racist in all of this :o??
don't...don't don't don't don't

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2018, 03:43:41 PM »

DO YOU HAVE PROOF THAT HE ISN"T?????
No,

But Davison is a human false flag though

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2018, 06:07:23 PM »
who cares about Dekker (other than the Badger obsessed crowd), the real story here is that some MAGA douche (allegedly) bought a plane ticket to fight a guy he had a disagreement with on Twitter. If that doesn't prove the downfall of our civil society that social media has created, I don't know what does.

And to make it even more ridiculous, he (allegedly) put the dude in a middle seat in basic economy and had him fly in on the last flight out of SFO.  I say "allegedly" because I don't know how one could book an airline ticket for someone else when they have no identifying information for them.

See that's low. Nobody's in condition fight after being in the middle seat. You need at least two days of stretching and bio freeze before your muscles are loose enough for fisty cuffs
Maigh Eo for Sam

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2018, 10:42:40 AM »
See that's low. Nobody's in condition fight after being in the middle seat. You need at least two days of stretching and bio freeze before your muscles are loose enough for fisty cuffs

the guy presents himself as a baller and that's the best he can do for the guy whose ass he intends to beat?

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2018, 03:21:37 AM »

Really?  Fisty cuffs?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2018, 07:34:37 AM »
Really?  Fisty cuffs?

Most instances of two untrained people trying to fight don't deserve to be called fights so figured I'd have some fun with it
Maigh Eo for Sam

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2018, 08:25:26 AM »
Really?  Fisty cuffs?

This man is about to partake in some fisty cuffs.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2018, 09:58:04 AM »

This man is about to partake in some fisty cuffs.

He'll pepper your porridge.  He'll crimson your face.

feedback