[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Masters 2018  (Read 22205 times)

lawdog77

• All American
Re: Masters 2018
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2018, 03:37:40 PM »
Spieth putting some pressure on the final pairing

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2018, 04:32:16 PM »
Holy Spieth...

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2018, 05:28:48 PM »
Come on Reed. Give us a playoff

tower912

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2018, 05:39:04 PM »
Congrats to Pat.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2018, 05:42:00 PM »
Not so fast...

Respectfully disagree. You have either arguably the best young golfer post-Tiger in Rory completely the career Grand Slam, or the first for Ryder Cup hero and burgeoning tour heel Patrick Reed.  It’s not like it’s going to be won by a little known golfer or a semi successful Euro player with little name recognition (unless Rahm pulls a miracle)

Spieth almost made this a truly memorable Masters.

It ended up being fine.

Nice 13 by Sergio!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2018, 05:51:38 PM »
Drive for show.  Putt for dough.  Congrats to Reed.  Nice job for Rickie and Justin for putting the pressure on.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2018, 06:34:25 PM »
what a great show

rahm is surely a talent we should continue to see more of, but he's a snapped driver away from ruining an image

it's never over till...it's over
don't...don't don't don't don't

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2018, 07:00:10 PM »
what a great show

rahm is surely a talent we should continue to see more of, but he's a snapped driver away from ruining an image

it's never over till...it's over

In fairness, a ruined image hasn't stopped the Tiger bandwagon one bit.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2018, 07:08:34 PM »
Reed is the worst. He's going to be the old pretty boy in the jacket 50 years from now.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2018, 07:24:33 PM »
Golf needs a heel.    Reed had a sketchy college experience.   He came out on tour brash and arrogant.    He will drop an F-bomb on an open mic after a bad shot.    He got it done today.    He earned it and it cannot be taken away from him.     If he continues on as a heel....... meh.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Goose

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2018, 07:28:34 PM »
Tower

I agree on Reed being the heel. Not very well liked by his peers, and most fans that I know. I was watching in public setting a folks booed when he won. Caught me by surprise because they were grown adults.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2018, 07:39:26 PM »
I am neither a fan nor a hater.    I don't like Rory.  Rahm is far more temperamental than Reed ever was and is still somehow popular.    And towards the end, I wanted to see Reed hold on.    Ryder Cup..... Reed, Spieth, Fowler, Thomas, Dustin....   already looking forward to France. 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 07:45:02 PM by tower912 »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2018, 08:14:04 PM »
Knot bad four playin' 4 games (18 hours) of golfin', hey?

Patrick Reed, $1,980,000 
2. Rickie Fowler, $1,188,000
 3. Jordan Spieth, $748,000 
4. Jon Rahm, $528,000
 T5. Rory McIlroy, $368,375 
T5. Cameron Smith, $368,375 
T5. Henrik Stenson, $368,375
 T5. Bubba Watson, $368,375
 9. Marc Leishman, $319,000 
T10. Tony Finau, $286,000
T10. Dustin Johnson, $286,000
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

🏀

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2018, 08:16:17 PM »
Hope they locked up the putters inside the clubhouse.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2018, 08:40:06 PM »
The only time I root for Reed is during the Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup. Seems like during those competitions the guy has a gigantic set of balls and bleeds red, white and blue. That being said I would have preferred to see Rickie or Jordan win. Not that it’s going to happen but I’d love to see Phil (or Spieth) win the career grand slam before Rory.

As for Tiger, somehow they’ll try to keep him relevant to the discussion this year (“He fought his way back...watch out for him at the (name the major)...”

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2018, 09:01:20 PM »
In fairness, a ruined image hasn't stopped the Tiger bandwagon one bit.

also in fairness, tiger checked himself in and cleaned himself up.  he gives a nice interview now and he looks good.  i'm just sayin, rahm will have to go thru some humbling moments and if he does it right, he's going to be alright.  golf has some unwritten rules and they have a way of handling stuff "in house".

i can see patrick rubbin some the wrong way, but man, ya gotta love his competitive drive; he thrives on pressure.  big big win.  ya know what caught my eye early with him? brashness aside, but when i saw his wife caddying for him-now that is love and i do not by any means, mean that in a misogynist way at all,  sure beats cookin and cleanin though, eyn'er?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2018, 12:18:46 AM »
Tower

I agree on Reed being the heel. Not very well liked by his peers, and most fans that I know. I was watching in public setting a folks booed when he won. Caught me by surprise because they were grown adults.

Among the players, only Bubba Watson is disliked more.

Personally, I like Reed's arrogance on the course. I always wanted my opponent to think that I thought I was better than him. In reality, I was really playing against the course and not my opponent, though. Burt he didn't need to know that.

Almost every other guy out there feels the same way inside (or they shouldn't be on the tour). They just hide it better.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2018, 12:47:42 AM »
Among the players, only Bubba Watson is disliked more.

I found it ironic that Bubba was the first to greet him due to this fact.

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2018, 03:30:58 AM »
Weird question for the guys who have been there.  Did you see any squirrels?  Someone that called in on The Dan Lebatard Show said that Augusta National "got rid" of any squirrels on the course.  Michael Collins (ESPN golf reporter) said that he asked a member and was told a story about how the type of trees on the course are too soft of wood and squirrels don't like them.  Seems fishy.  Just curious.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2018, 05:40:34 AM »
just read the espn article post-masters.  yes reed has some dirty laundry.  yes reed has made some enemies.  yes reed has said some brash things.  yes...but come on man-the guy just won the masters.  he's had some amazing rounds in the ryder  and the president's cup, and now the masters.  the media, up until tiger's infamous incident, was pretty forgiving of the guy.  yes, tiger did for golf what no one else had been able to do.  well, john daly did bring on the grip it n rip it era(among a few other things), but he wasn't tiger.  tiger got away with A LOT of "shenanigans" leading up to his now ex-wife throwing him out of the house.  the escapades of jordan, barkeley and tiger were of "hangover-esque" proportions and the media just chuckled and said-boys will be boys, ein'a?  i believe a lot of tiger's physical issues were aided by one dr. galea.  everyone lives in glass houses, some are just more fragile than others

don't get me wrong though-i like tiger, where he's taken the world of golf and his comeback in the making, but let's be honest, patricks issues are very much like tigers, very much like bubba's very much like...just different.  just saying, let's celebrate the guys accomplishment and allow the dude to enjoy the moment.  if patrick isn't humbled with age and continues to "be patrick" then he will continue to get his due

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/23083108/masters-2018-patrick-reed-brushes-aside-pressure-win-first-major-championship

🏀

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2018, 07:12:37 AM »
just read the espn article post-masters.  yes reed has some dirty laundry.  yes reed has made some enemies.  yes reed has said some brash things.  yes...but come on man-the guy just won the masters.  he's had some amazing rounds in the ryder  and the president's cup, and now the masters.  the media, up until tiger's infamous incident, was pretty forgiving of the guy.  yes, tiger did for golf what no one else had been able to do.  well, john daly did bring on the grip it n rip it era(among a few other things), but he wasn't tiger.  tiger got away with A LOT of "shenanigans" leading up to his now ex-wife throwing him out of the house.  the escapades of jordan, barkeley and tiger were of "hangover-esque" proportions and the media just chuckled and said-boys will be boys, ein'a?  i believe a lot of tiger's physical issues were aided by one dr. galea.  everyone lives in glass houses, some are just more fragile than others

don't get me wrong though-i like tiger, where he's taken the world of golf and his comeback in the making, but let's be honest, patricks issues are very much like tigers, very much like bubba's very much like...just different.  just saying, let's celebrate the guys accomplishment and allow the dude to enjoy the moment.  if patrick isn't humbled with age and continues to "be patrick" then he will continue to get his due

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/23083108/masters-2018-patrick-reed-brushes-aside-pressure-win-first-major-championship

What?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2018, 08:05:13 AM »

Ah. No.

Tiger never cheated the game. Or stole from his teammates.

Look at the opinions on tour. Pros have always liked Tiger. They have never liked Reed or Bubba.

Not at all the same.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2018, 08:19:38 AM »
I found it ironic that Bubba was the first to greet him due to this fact.

"Bubba, what are you doing" - All the guys in my basement at the end.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2018, 08:31:27 AM »
Ah. No.

Tiger never cheated the game. Or stole from his teammates.

Look at the opinions on tour. Pros have always liked Tiger. They have never liked Reed or Bubba.

Not at all the same.

sooooo, steroids ain't cheating?  what about the #metoo thingy? 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2018, 08:44:24 AM »
sooooo, steroids ain't cheating?

You have proof, right?

I laughed at your depiction of the media "cover-ups" of Jordan, Barkley and Woods.

They have been among the most scrutinized athletes ever. Jordan would go out after games and gamble, and it would be reported and he would be criticized ... and then, tired and hung-over, he would go out and score 40 in a playoff game.

Barkley's bar brawls went public, stories broken by the aggressive media.

Same with Tiger.

Did every situation involving each of them get reported? Of course not. The same is true of Brady, Sinatra and Trump, too.

Tiger might have used steroids. I just did some quick googling; all of the results were mad speculation. You seem to be accepting it as a fact. Cool. Reed might do steroids, too.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback