[Today at 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[Today at 07:48:11 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 05:47:31 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Masters 2018  (Read 22253 times)

Benny B

• All American
Re: Masters 2018
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2018, 01:06:56 PM »
Finau popping his dislocated ankle back into place and then shooting 68 the next day has to be one of the coolest stories I have heard in a while.

Good thing he's shooting 3 over today, otherwise, we would have seen Kathy Bates as someone's personal trainer next year.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2018, 02:31:48 PM »
Nobody is going low today.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2018, 02:36:30 PM »

Especially Eldrick.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2018, 02:46:09 PM »

Patrick Reed would like a word
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

tower912

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2018, 03:12:13 PM »
It's early.  And it isn't the Ryder cup.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2018, 03:53:23 PM »

he's on fire!  but, a big lead in the masters?  better axk sergio
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2018, 04:02:48 PM »
Tiger winning this week was always a pipe dream.    Based more on heart than head. 

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2018, 04:46:05 PM »
Tiger winning this week was always a pipe dream.    Based more on heart than head.

If he makes the cut, should be a huge win for him and will definitely add to the Tiger intrigue in this year's majors. No reason for it to be a disappointment based on the pipe dreams, as you said. Winning the Masters is an insanely tall order especially for a player still on the comeback trail.

Just happy for him to seem healthy and really competing.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2018, 05:24:42 PM »
Completely agree.   He just isn't far enough along in his comeback.    BTW, maybe Reed is due.  I thought he would have made a double by now.   

MU82

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2018, 07:43:44 PM »

But it was a dream a lot of dreamers were dreaming. Crazy.

Weather is supposed to move in bigly tomorrow. Nearly 100% chance of rain for several hours. So who knows how much of tomorrow's round will even be played.

There are some very good names within striking distance - Stenson, Spieth, McIlroy, Johnson, Thomas, Watson. I hope they get to do their thing tomorrow.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2018, 08:30:15 PM »
I am a fan, and I'm an even bigger fan of the food prices. I was stunned by how low they were.
Beer was $5. I’m told that’s up quite a bit from past years.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2018, 08:31:28 PM »
But it was a dream a lot of dreamers were dreaming. Crazy.

Weather is supposed to move in bigly tomorrow. Nearly 100% chance of rain for several hours. So who knows how much of tomorrow's round will even be played.

There are some very good names within striking distance - Stenson, Spieth, McIlroy, Johnson, Thomas, Watson. I hope they get to do their thing tomorrow.

Rickie was about 1.5" short cumulative today of behind 6 under on the round. His luck turns around tomorrow.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2018, 06:52:08 AM »
i've got a nice little team put together here, but they've got to get it all together-

charlie zach kooootch  lefty  patrick  and JT    i'm in 1960th place out of 90,000

got any good ones going goose?
don't...don't don't don't don't

Goose

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2018, 07:40:59 AM »
Rocket

Nothing good at the moment, but most guys made the cut. I wac is great shape in the 3.5 million one at about noon yesterday, but things move quickly at The Masters. Good luck!!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2018, 06:46:46 PM »
CBS has got some young guns in the final two groups.      Rematch of the Ryder cup between Reed and Rory.   

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2018, 09:00:43 AM »
Final pairing of McIlroy and Reed is going to be fun to watch. I expect both to be firing at pins.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2018, 09:38:59 AM »
I will enjoy watching today as I work on my taxes and other stuff in the background.

With Tiger not being a factor pretty much from the get-go, unless McIlroy, Reed or somebody else makes an incredible impression today, the lasting memory from the 2018 Masters will be of the defending champion getting a 13 on No. 15 on Day 1.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2018, 10:19:50 AM »
I will enjoy watching today as I work on my taxes and other stuff in the background.

With Tiger not being a factor pretty much from the get-go, unless McIlroy, Reed or somebody else makes an incredible impression today, the lasting memory from the 2018 Masters will be of the defending champion getting a 13 on No. 15 on Day 1.

Funny how many people work on taxes during the Masters. I thought the best part of Garcia's disaster was on how he was willing to meet with reporters and be forthright about what happened. A lot of guys would duck that interview.  Hope he does well at the other majors.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2018, 12:27:40 PM »
Funny how many people work on taxes during the Masters. I thought the best part of Garcia's disaster was on how he was willing to meet with reporters and be forthright about what happened. A lot of guys would duck that interview.  Hope he does well at the other majors.

Sergio has grown up a lot. He used to be very pouty. I'm sure finally winning a major helped him.

He was great to deal with when he was a kid, though. I was at that 1999 PGA Championship at Medinah when he hit that blind shot from the roots of that tree. It was an electric moment. Many of us thought he and Tiger would be the two young guns challenging each other for a couple decades - kind of the new Nicklaus/Palmer. Well, half of that equation didn't work out so well!

Sheriff

• Starter
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2018, 01:05:10 PM »
CBS has got some young guns in the final two groups.      Rematch of the Ryder cup between Reed and Rory.

You were right the first time. This isn’t the Ryder Cup.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2018, 02:11:36 PM »
Reed is cracking already. At least Spieth waited until the back nine.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2018, 02:37:53 PM »
Reed is cracking already. At least Spieth waited until the back nine.

Not so fast...

Respectfully disagree. You have either arguably the best young golfer post-Tiger in Rory completely the career Grand Slam, or the first for Ryder Cup hero and burgeoning tour heel Patrick Reed.  It’s not like it’s going to be won by a little known golfer or a semi successful Euro player with little name recognition (unless Rahm pulls a miracle)

🏀

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2018, 02:49:42 PM »
Rickie going to to Rick this Sunday up.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2018, 03:13:44 PM »
Respectfully disagree. You have either arguably the best young golfer post-Tiger in Rory completely the career Grand Slam, or the first for Ryder Cup hero and burgeoning tour heel Patrick Reed.  It’s not like it’s going to be won by a little known golfer or a semi successful Euro player with little name recognition (unless Rahm pulls a miracle)

Fair point.

I do think that if Reed wins, history will judge how "big" it was. If it's his only Masters and he turns into Duval ... meh. But if he wins this dramatically and goes on to have the nice career most think he will, then you're probably right.

Still, I do think everybody who was there Thurs or who saw it will be saying this in 2038: "The 2018 Masters? Wasn't that where Sergio Garcia dunked 5 in the water and got the 13 on 15?"

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2018, 03:37:35 PM »
It would be nice to see Spieth make a comeback on the back nine.

feedback