[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Masters 2018  (Read 22005 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: Masters 2018
« Reply #175 on: April 13, 2018, 05:19:26 AM »
Let’s not forget the most famous heel-turned-face-turned-heel-turned-face-turned-something-something-something, Hulk Hogan.

Never forget what Hulk did to Macho Man Randy Savage. No human can absorb that many Big Leg Drops. Bah gawd.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #176 on: April 13, 2018, 06:07:37 AM »
I see some folks here partook in a Wrestlemania viewing party last week.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #177 on: April 13, 2018, 08:16:05 AM »
Curious....has anyone ever played with the old wooden clubs?  Like Bobby Jones old wooden clubs, not a bad 70s 3 wood?  Mashies and niblicks, etc.

Or the old gut balls.
My first garage sale set had a wood shafted 6 iron and a thick wood shafted 2 iron.   If I had kept them, a collector would have loved them.  The 2 iron was nearly unhittable.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #178 on: April 13, 2018, 08:39:06 AM »
My first garage sale set had a wood shafted 6 iron and a thick wood shafted 2 iron.   If I had kept them, a collector would have loved them.  The 2 iron was nearly unhittable.

I met a guy years ago, (at a truckstop?  Jaybee's crib?), his hobby was restoring the old hickory sticks.  They were absolutely beautiful clubs.  I could probably hit a ball 25 yards with them.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #179 on: April 13, 2018, 08:46:22 AM »
I met a guy years ago at a truckstop

... is the start to about 20% of Penthouse Forum letters.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #180 on: April 13, 2018, 08:59:42 AM »
I see some folks here partook in a Wrestlemania viewing party last week.

WrestleFest at County Stadium (steel cage match between Andre and Hulk) was pretty much both the pinnacle and the end of my professional wrestling viewing days.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #181 on: April 13, 2018, 09:36:16 AM »
I met a guy years ago at a truckstop...

Ummm...yeah...it's been a while, but my recollection of Penthouse Forum letters was that they were far more likely to start with, "I met a hot chick in my apartment laundry room..." than "I met a guy at a truckstop..."  Maybe my memory is fading.  Maybe I blocked the truckstop stories.  I seem to recall that the target audience would be far more interested in the former scenario than the latter.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #182 on: April 13, 2018, 09:58:44 AM »

Life gets lonely on da bottled water delivery route, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #183 on: April 13, 2018, 10:08:45 AM »

Ummm...yeah...it's been a while, but my recollection of Penthouse Forum letters was that they were far more likely to start with, "I met a hot chick in my apartment laundry room..." than "I met a guy at a truckstop..."  Maybe my memory is fading.  Maybe I blocked the truckstop stories.  I seem to recall that the target audience would be far more interested in the former scenario than the latter.

Looks like 82's been readin' his old lady's dirty magazines again.

Or is that why 4never calls you "Nads"?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #184 on: April 13, 2018, 10:28:05 AM »

Yeah ... as if we all believe "it's been a while"!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #185 on: April 13, 2018, 10:38:09 AM »
Yeah ... as if we all believe "it's been a while"!

Hey, "a while" is an [intentionally] vague time frame.  Five minutes is, "a while."
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #186 on: April 15, 2018, 11:21:19 AM »
Ramsey County, MN

tower912

• All American
« Reply #187 on: April 15, 2018, 11:27:48 AM »
The organizers of my annual trip to Treetops  the 3 days after Memorial Day are starting a betting pool as to whether there will still be snow in the low lying shady spots.  The ski resorts in northern lower Michigan are projecting being open through the first weekend in May.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2018, 02:43:06 PM »
The organizers of my annual trip to Treetops  the 3 days after Memorial Day are starting a betting pool as to whether there will still be snow in the low lying shady spots.  The ski resorts in northern lower Michigan are projecting being open through the first weekend in May.

You play Threetops? How is it? Do you get in 36/day? More? I'd love to get up there sometime.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2018, 03:46:55 PM »
I have played 3tops a few times.  Very cool.  We play 90 holes in 3 days.  Scrambles in the morning of the first two days.  Skins in the afternoons.  Third morning, whatever game you can put together.   Then, if you want, you can play Threetops for an extra $20 or go home.  My decision is made by who wants a game and whether there is little league practice or game that night.

If you want a pure golf challenge, I recommend Garland.     It is a little more remote, but the golf is tougher.    The on-site cabins are really sweet. 20 minutes from the nearest stop light.       Treetops does a really good job.   Plus, if you want to get off site, Gaylord is right there and you are 5 minutes from I-75.    If you are staying at Treetops, try to go next door to the Otsego Club and play the Tribute.   IMO, the Tribute has more dramatic elevation changes than anything at Treetops.   

Forest Dunes is destination golf.     Arcadia Bluffs is the Michigan equivalent of Whistling Straits.   

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 05:16:37 PM by tower912 »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #190 on: April 15, 2018, 06:06:02 PM »
I have played 3tops a few times.  Very cool.  We play 90 holes in 3 days.  Scrambles in the morning of the first two days.  Skins in the afternoons.  Third morning, whatever game you can put together.   Then, if you want, you can play Threetops for an extra $20 or go home.  My decision is made by who wants a game and whether there is little league practice or game that night.

If you want a pure golf challenge, I recommend Garland.     It is a little more remote, but the golf is tougher.    The on-site cabins are really sweet. 20 minutes from the nearest stop light.       Treetops does a really good job.   Plus, if you want to get off site, Gaylord is right there and you are 5 minutes from I-75.    If you are staying at Treetops, try to go next door to the Otsego Club and play the Tribute.   IMO, the Tribute has more dramatic elevation changes than anything at Treetops.   

Forest Dunes is destination golf.     Arcadia Bluffs is the Michigan equivalent of Whistling Straits.
Have you been able to get onto Crystal Downs?
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #191 on: April 15, 2018, 06:13:55 PM »
No. 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #192 on: April 15, 2018, 07:02:48 PM »
No.
Sometimes if your local club pro has some connections they can get you on.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #193 on: April 15, 2018, 07:19:53 PM »
Sometimes if your local club pro has some connections they can get you on.
I don't play at private courses or enough at any one public course to have a club pro to hook me up.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #194 on: April 15, 2018, 08:03:11 PM »
I don't play at private courses or enough at any one public course to have a club pro to hook me up.
If you want to play an interesting course check out Lincoln Hills in Ludington.  Tight rolling greens set near the big lake. You don't need to use driver a lot very sandy conditions.

It is a club but open to the public as well . I had fond memories of it back in the day when people of my color were not generally allowed to play private courses I could  pay my fees and get on. Haven't been there in years but I imagine they have done good things with the course.
                       ---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2018, 08:13:00 PM »
Intriguing

feedback