[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Tickets  (Read 29572 times)

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
Re: Tickets
« Reply #150 on: March 13, 2018, 11:42:00 AM »
Your heart’s in the right place, but the logic isn’t there to play at US Cellular. 
US Cellular? It's UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena. Might as well say Milwaukee Arena or MECCA.  ?-(
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #151 on: March 13, 2018, 11:44:23 AM »
US Cellular? It's UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena. Might as well say Milwaukee Arena or MECCA.  ?-(
I just call it the Arena like I did many moons ago.  UW-M is just renting the billboard.  ;)  (  PS, I call the other building the BC  since the bank is renting the billboard as well ).
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 11:50:30 AM by Nukem2 »

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #152 on: March 13, 2018, 11:51:08 AM »
I'm not entirely sure I'm following you wardle.  I think most folks think it's completely fair and appropriate that STHs had first dibs based on B&G points.  But I also think that many folks believe that MU might have made a mistake in allowing an initial cap of 8 per account, double what anyone's STH package actually is.  Look, it's a tough call.  No doubt MU was most interested in filling the AL and figured their most dedicated, loyal fans would make sure that happens.  I do think that anyone aggressively scalping is taking advantage of the situation in an inappropriate way.  We're not about some random pool of ticket buyers but rather one's fellow STHs.

I have seen a few folks mention (and complain) that no tickets were available for mini-pack holders.  I have a solution for them.

Again, the limit actually was 6 tix online.  I was in the earliest timeslot (9am), and it said limit 6 (I didn’t buy 6).  I know 8 tix limit was communicated, but that was not the case online.  Would love to hear of anyone being able to buy 8 tix.   

For those saying that the limit should have been equalt to # of STH tix, I believe that couldn’t happen due to complexity on IT side.  I don’t think their system is currently programmed to work that way, and MU would have to create a table with everyone’s ticket limit and then have the TM system query off that.  It’s just much easier to administer online with a cap (i.e. 2, 4, or 6). 

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #153 on: March 13, 2018, 12:03:59 PM »
Again, the limit actually was 6 tix online.  I was in the earliest timeslot (9am), and it said limit 6 (I didn’t buy 6).  I know 8 tix limit was communicated, but that was not the case online.  Would love to hear of anyone being able to buy 8 tix.   

For those saying that the limit should have been equalt to # of STH tix, I believe that couldn’t happen due to complexity on IT side.  I don’t think their system is currently programmed to work that way, and MU would have to create a table with everyone’s ticket limit and then have the TM system query off that.  It’s just much easier to administer online with a cap (i.e. 2, 4, or 6).

Great info wardle.  Thank you.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #154 on: March 13, 2018, 12:19:33 PM »
In retrospect, yes, but given that the last two Men's games played in the Al were not sellouts, I can't say I blame the PTB for prioritizing gross sales to super-dedicated fans over relative parity.

I agree with this. But IMHO a limit of 4 tix (even if you only have 2 or 3 season tix) probably would have met the goal of selling out.  6 or 8 seems unnecessarily high...especially for someone with only 2 or 3 season tix.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2018, 01:23:38 PM »
The ability to buy 8 tickets did not exist. The max was 6.
Please stop saying the STHs were able to buy 8 tickets. They weren’t.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2018, 01:27:25 PM »
I said early if someone pays over face value, they have to too much money. I am going one step further, if any STH bought, or tried to buy 8 tickets, they have way, way too much money, and possibly other issues in life.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2018, 01:32:58 PM »

IF sticket = 4 then Nticketmax = 4
elseif sticket = 3 then Nticketmax = 3
elseif sticket = 2 then Nticketmax = 2
elseif sticket = 1 then Nticketmax = 1

Honestly its probably easier if the ticket lotto is done on html 5.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2018, 01:35:17 PM »
I said early if someone pays over face value, they have to too much money. I am going one step further, if any STH bought, or tried to buy 8 tickets, they have way, way too much money, and possibly other issues in life.

If you believe that being able to spend $120 for you and seven of your closest friends/family members can sit in great seats to watch your favorite team in a tournament, is having "way, way too much money" you are the one with the issues, my friend.   ;)
Have some patience, FFS.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #159 on: March 13, 2018, 01:36:43 PM »
I am going one step further, if any STH bought, or tried to buy 8 tickets, they have way, way too much money, and possibly other issues in life.
How about if they have a family of four and four friends at $15/10 per ticket is pretty cheap.  ;)
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Goose

• All American
« Reply #160 on: March 13, 2018, 01:45:28 PM »
Warriorchick

I applaud your popularity. I would have hard time getting seven people to attend (on my dime) the Butler game in Jan. with three weeks notice. If you can have seven close friends/family members join you for an NIT game at the girls gym on two day notice, you must be a very, very nice woman. Have to admit, I am jealous. I asked two of my son's and my wife (all MU fans) and had three "thanks, but no thanks". I actually was pleased because it saved me $150.00 at Elsa's before or after the game.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #161 on: March 13, 2018, 01:48:17 PM »
For those saying that the limit should have been equalt to # of STH tix, I believe that couldn’t happen due to complexity on IT side.

But they've had since February 24th to figure it out.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

WayOfTheWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #162 on: March 13, 2018, 02:00:11 PM »
Hopefully we play Oregon and I can get another chance to try and scoop some up.

UWM Panther Arena/MECCA/US Cellular/BC Jr./small bowl full of sports stuff has a capacity of 12.7k. I would be curious what would be an acceptable minimum attendance for that venue and if a game against ORE would help? 9k? Some have said we have 7k+ STH. That's doable right?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #163 on: March 13, 2018, 02:00:59 PM »
Warriorchick

I applaud your popularity. I would have hard time getting seven people to attend (on my dime) the Butler game in Jan. with three weeks notice. If you can have seven close friends/family members join you for an NIT game at the girls gym on two day notice, you must be a very, very nice woman. Have to admit, I am jealous. I asked two of my son's and my wife (all MU fans) and had three "thanks, but no thanks". I actually was pleased because it saved me $150.00 at Elsa's before or after the game.

This doesn't seem like a reason to judge people for having "too much money and possible other issues in life."
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Crispy

• Walk-On
« Reply #164 on: March 13, 2018, 02:07:18 PM »
I'm going to beat a dead horse here, but when I texted the ticket office at 10:28am yesterday asking what the ticket limit was, they replied 8. Someone in the office was obviously wrong, but that's where that number came from. I agree that after we win tomorrow night, the limit should be lowered to 4.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #165 on: March 13, 2018, 02:09:34 PM »
TAMU

I was teasing, far worse ways to spend money.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #166 on: March 13, 2018, 02:15:09 PM »
This doesn't seem like a reason to judge people for having "too much money and possible other issues in life."

Not to mention extremely patronizing.

I would love to see you refer to the Al as the "girls gym"  to the women's basketball team.  You would be grateful that they are ladies, and I mean that in the manners sense.
Have some patience, FFS.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #167 on: March 13, 2018, 02:20:58 PM »
Warriorchick

I have been a proud supporter of the lady Warriors for over 40 years. My next door neighbor was women's coach, AD and volleyball coach for many years. I worked the scoreboard and did audio for women's games for several years. In addition, my daughter played on the MU women's soccer team. For the record, the girl's gym is actually a family joke with my daughter.

I can assure you, if I am going to patronize, it sure as hell would be something bigger than calling The Al a girl's gym.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 02:37:52 PM by Goose »

nyg

• All American
« Reply #168 on: March 13, 2018, 02:22:40 PM »
If you believe that being able to spend $120 for you and seven of your closest friends/family members can sit in great seats to watch your favorite team in a tournament, is having "way, way too much money" you are the one with the issues, my friend.   ;)

Its a perfect night for family and friends, enjoy the game in that environment.  Many wish they had the opportunity like you have.  Root for the team. 

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #169 on: March 13, 2018, 02:24:32 PM »
“Chicks gym”?

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #170 on: March 13, 2018, 02:24:50 PM »

Wow a NIT Sell out. I didn't see it coming, who did?
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #171 on: March 13, 2018, 02:26:33 PM »
Warriorchick

I can be your adoptive son. I'll rack up that bill for ya.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #172 on: March 13, 2018, 02:28:15 PM »
Unleash

If you were the real Rowsey, you would have a deal. Unfortunately, the real Rowsey might enjoy more than $150 in beer alone.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #173 on: March 13, 2018, 02:29:54 PM »
Hopefully we play Oregon and I can get another chance to try and scoop some up.

UWM Panther Arena/MECCA/US Cellular/BC Jr./small bowl full of sports stuff has a capacity of 12.7k. I would be curious what would be an acceptable minimum attendance for that venue and if a game against ORE would help? 9k? Some have said we have 7k+ STH. That's doable right?
11,052 if I remember correctly.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #174 on: March 13, 2018, 02:31:10 PM »
Unleash

If you were the real Rowsey, you would have a deal. Unfortunately, the real Rowsey might enjoy more than $150 in beer alone.

Are you questioning my ability to drink sir? Lets do this.