[Today at 09:03:13 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by lawdog77
[Today at 07:14:12 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: First House  (Read 20807 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: First House
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2018, 09:31:15 AM »
We have three of them in our home in Chicago. Never clogs. Never. Best working toilets ever.

Got them from a plumbing distributor in Buffalo Grove. Had plenty in stock. No games to be played there. They were fair with us..

Ironically, our plumber who installed them just shook his head. "Gosh, I never imagined people would pay this much for a toilet," he said.

Heck, I didn't think it was that expensive -- especially for something that works.

Doggone it ... I wish I had this forum back then. I used to drive to Buffalo Grove to play golf fairly often. Woulda happily gone for a non-black-market Toto!!!

As I said, the Kohlers worked out just fine.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2018, 11:42:14 AM »
If you're paying less than $150 for a toilet, you're doing it wrong.

You'll pay $25 for a pair of Duluth underwear but not $3 bills for a heated Toto Washlet?

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2018, 12:34:03 PM »
My Kohler toilets have never clogged either.

Played plenty of golf at the BG village golf course myself

🏀

• All American
« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2018, 08:33:26 AM »
Kinda like getting a good mattress, aina? You take out my time in bed and on the can and I've only got like 30% of my day left.

I'm in line for a new mattress in the next 12 months, and I'm giddy. Just have to replace all the house windows first.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2018, 09:35:19 AM »
I'm in line for a new mattress in the next 12 months, and I'm giddy. Just have to replace all the house windows first.

If you're in Chicago I highly recommend American Mattress. Family owned and good price

🏀

• All American
« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2018, 10:05:44 AM »
If you're in Chicago I highly recommend American Mattress. Family owned and good price

Noted, thanks. Quality jingle too.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #131 on: March 28, 2018, 10:13:54 AM »
I thought everyone bought mattresses online now?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #132 on: March 28, 2018, 12:14:09 PM »

Or you can get the same mattress at Sam's club for a couple hundred less than AM's "best" price.  But Sam's won't deliver.

On the toilets, we have a round one-piece Eljer in our master bath... small and simple.  Does the job.  Has only clogged once in the last 7 years.  We put one of these on it, and frankly, there could be a 5 gallon bucket underneath and it wouldn't matter.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #133 on: March 28, 2018, 12:22:00 PM »
You'll pay $25 for a pair of Duluth underwear but not $3 bills for a heated Toto Washlet?

Gotta wait one more day and the Armachillos will be on sale for $16.

As for mattresses, if you aren't buying them from the high school golf team fund raiser, you aren't living right.

When we built last year, my 3 requests were a good $hitter, a top notch bed and a big TV.  The old lady got the rest of what she wanted.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #134 on: March 28, 2018, 12:32:52 PM »
Gotta wait one more day and the Armachillos will be on sale for $16.

As for mattresses, if you aren't buying them from the high school golf team fund raiser, you aren't living right.

When we built last year, my 3 requests were a good $hitter, a top notch bed and a big TV.  The old lady got the rest of what she wanted.

The local high school was running one of those a couple weeks back.  I can't think of a worse fundraiser to be holding in a school parking lot on a cold March day.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2018, 02:04:38 PM »

Are Duluth's that good? I excluded from them from my underwear testing of 2017. Why? Unsure. Anyways, the best performing pair for the money in my opinion were Under Armour's Boxerjock. Usually can get them for around $13 while the deals are out. Tested a solid 7-8 pairs. Saxx, Pair of Thieves,  Ex Officio, Uniglo, Calvin Klein...wild stuff.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2018, 02:10:20 PM »
Are Duluth's that good? I excluded from them from my underwear testing of 2017. Why? Unsure. Anyways, the best performing pair for the money in my opinion were Under Armour's Boxerjock. Usually can get them for around $13 while the deals are out. Tested a solid 7-8 pairs. Saxx, Pair of Thieves,  Ex Officio, Uniglo, Calvin Klein...wild stuff.

only if you require firehose underwear after eating @ RC

I thought everyone bought mattresses online now  ?-(

🏀

• All American
« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2018, 02:17:09 PM »
only if you require firehose underwear after eating @ RC

We've all been there, but it's not a daily requirement.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2018, 02:51:02 PM »

The Buck Nakeds tested well on the "coup de crotch” scale...

https://www.google.com/amp/host.madison.com/business/mike-tighe-undercover-probe-finds-buck-naked-truth-about-duluth/article_10e0e9cd-283d-56ab-83e1-10fb96987be9.amp.html

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2018, 06:20:25 PM »
I'm a Duluth snob.  Love their stuff.  Won't wear any pants or shorts, outside of dress pants, that aren't ballroom.  About the only clothes that I buy elsewhere  are golf shirts.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #140 on: March 29, 2018, 10:53:07 AM »
Or you can get the same mattress at Sam's club for a couple hundred less than AM's "best" price.  But Sam's won't deliver.

On the toilets, we have a round one-piece Eljer in our master bath... small and simple.  Does the job.  Has only clogged once in the last 7 years.  We put one of these on it, and frankly, there could be a 5 gallon bucket underneath and it wouldn't matter.

How the hell am I supposed to get a king size mattress and box spring home (and up a flight of stairs to my bedroom) without delivery?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 11:00:13 AM by Coleman »

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2018, 10:56:02 AM »
Duluth undies are great. Pricey though. Wifey always gets me a few pairs for birthday/Christmas, so I haven't had to buy any.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #142 on: March 29, 2018, 11:27:40 AM »
How the hell am I supposed to get a king size mattress and box spring home (and up a flight of stairs to my bedroom) without delivery?

Plus, who's taking the old one out?

Hard pass.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2018, 02:41:20 PM »
Know wons admittin' ta swingin' commando, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #144 on: March 29, 2018, 07:49:07 PM »
Know wons admittin' ta swingin' commando, aina?

Onlee when I chit my draws heyna
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2018, 04:37:23 PM »

Dolly. You tell them where, when, and what, and they'll get it for you. Price is based on distance, # of items, and how much work it will take them to drop it off (curbside, stairs, assembly, etc.) Option for one person to do it, two people, or one person plus you riding with them.

I've used it twice and been satisfied. Good for stores that don't deliver, small-scale moves, Craigslist purchases, etc.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2018, 08:58:32 PM »
I'm a Duluth snob.  Love their stuff.  Won't wear any pants or shorts, outside of dress pants, that aren't ballroom.  About the only clothes that I buy elsewhere  are golf shirts.

Anything with the name Duluth on it gives me frostbite.

Not sure I want that at my most valuable parts.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2018, 10:34:08 PM »
Talking about your underwear....some real fancy boys, a bunch of dandies you are.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #148 on: April 15, 2018, 11:18:50 AM »
Anyone with recommendations for a real estate attorney that will service Kenosha County in WI? 

If so, please send a PM.  Thanks!

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2018, 01:06:10 PM »
#UnleashLaxBros, did you ever end up finding a house?

I lived in Cooper Park for 9 years before selling last year in preparation for our family growing.  LAMUfan pointed you to the Enderis Park neighborhood which is just east of Cooper park.  Cooper Park is from roughly 76th on the east, 92nd on the west, Center on south, and burleigh on North. 

This is a FANTASTIC first home area and very affordable.  Homes go from low 100's to around 200-ish.  It's really quiet but close to (even walkable to if you have a beverage or two) Tosa amenities, a short drive to anywhere in the metro (My commute to work downtown was 12-ish min, sometimes less), and very tight neighborhood where everyone knows each other.  Because of pricing and size of the post-war homes, ownership turnover is rather high... but that also means it's great for finding new homes for sale.  That is especially true this time of year.  You'll see several homes come on the market and sold every week. 

I highly recommend giving it a look.  You'll feel like you live in Tosa without the Tosa home prices.

feedback