collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:41:27 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MKE Hotels & Hotspots  (Read 1715 times)

Disco Hippie

• Scholarship Player
MKE Hotels & Hotspots
« on: April 26, 2018, 10:08:57 AM »
A couple of my colleagues are headed to MKE for business for a couple of days next week and asked if I could recommend hotels and great restaurants / hotspots.   

I've only been back a couple times since graduation over 20 years ago and was last there in 2012 but I've heard downtown has really come back in a big way the last couple years in particular.

As for hotels, I would recommend the Iron Horse, Brew House, and the new Kimpton Journeyman seems really nice but I personally have only been to the Iron Horse.  Not as a guest, but have dined there and been to the bar a couple of times.

I don't know that I'd stay anywhere other than those 3 Hotels.....Maybe Pfister but that seems dated now.  What about restaurants and bars?   Any recommendations?  Thanks in advance scoopers!

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
Re: MKE Hotels & Hotspots
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 10:24:01 AM »
I was going to recommend Wolf Peach but it looks like it closed a few weeks ago.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 10:29:13 AM »
A couple of my colleagues are headed to MKE for business for a couple of days next week and asked if I could recommend hotels and great restaurants / hotspots.   

I've only been back a couple times since graduation over 20 years ago and was last there in 2012 but I've heard downtown has really come back in a big way the last couple years in particular.

As for hotels, I would recommend the Iron Horse, Brew House, and the new Kimpton Journeyman seems really nice but I personally have only been to the Iron Horse.  Not as a guest, but have dined there and been to the bar a couple of times.

I don't know that I'd stay anywhere other than those 3 Hotels.....Maybe Pfister but that seems dated now.  What about restaurants and bars?   Any recommendations?  Thanks in advance scoopers!

Not sure any place I would recommend would be exclusive enough for you.  I mean, they let just about anyone through the front door.   ;)
Have some patience, FFS.

Disco Hippie

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 10:53:02 AM »
Not sure any place I would recommend would be exclusive enough for you.  I mean, they let just about anyone through the front door.   ;)

Um, I told them if they have time they must go to Kopps although it's not a place they could realistically go for a client lunch or dinner.   Hardly the place a true elitist would frequent or recommend others to go there.

It's fine to poke fun of my east coast sensibility but the views I often express on here about MU's questionable admissions strategy is to protect the brand of our mutual alma-mater, which I believe has taken a big hit and will continue to as long as they stay the course so please forgive me for wanting to protect the Marquette brand.  I learned recently from two different sources in admissions that my POV is hardly unique and by no means exclusive to alums on the east coast.  My understanding is that they are pivoting somewhat due to much higher than anticipated negative feedback on their strategy from various and assorted constituencies, Alumni being only one of them and frankly not the constituency they're most concerned with.

Would appreciate any recommendations if you have any.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 10:58:33 AM »
Um, I told them if they have time they must go to Kopps although it's not a place they could realistically go for a client lunch or dinner.   Hardly the place a true elitist would frequent or recommend others to go there.

It's fine to poke fun of my east coast sensibility but the views I often express on here about MU's questionable admissions strategy is to protect the brand of our mutual alma-mater, which I believe has taken a big hit and will continue to as long as they stay the course so please forgive me for wanting to protect the Marquette brand.  I learned recently from two different sources in admissions that my POV is hardly unique and by no means exclusive to alums on the east coast.  My understanding is that they are pivoting somewhat due to much higher than anticipated negative feedback on their strategy from various and assorted constituencies, Alumni being only one of them and frankly not the constituency they're most concerned with.

Would appreciate any recommendations if you have any.

Dude, it was a joke.  Just take it as one.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 11:23:59 AM »

Dude, it was a joke.  Just take it as one.

I think I discovered Disco's true identity.

Have some patience, FFS.

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 01:13:17 PM »
The intercontinental is in a nice central location. Same goes for the Marriott residence inn. Both are right on the river.

Mason street grill and carnevor are nice steakhouses downtown. 5 o’clock steakhouse is down state street by Marquette so in a less convenient/worse area but is a cool spot with great steaks. Rumpus room on water street is a solid gastropub.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2018, 02:11:23 PM »
It's all about the points, Hampton Inn & Suites on Wisconsin right near the river walk.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 01:29:35 PM »
The "new" marriott on E. Wisconsin ave is the nicest hotel in downtown.  I've stayed in nearly all of them over the last 5-6 years or so.  For restaurants, I still take people to Elsa's, and it never ceases to impress.  Nothing OTT, just good with good service. 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Goose

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2018, 01:41:32 PM »
WarriorFan

The "new" Marriott is very nice. I have stayed there several times and love the hotel and location. Elsa's is still or main go to place in downtown.

feedback