Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Ticket Update  (Read 192759 times)

MUfan12

• All American
Re: New Arena Ticket Update
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2018, 03:59:06 PM »
Standing in line is for geezers
Waiting online is for snowflakes
Holding on the line is where it's at!

You are now registered FOR (dramatic automated pause)15 credits

"This... course section... is..... FULL."

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2018, 04:06:28 PM »

Ahah, that's wright. Used ta follow Hank Raymonds take the BB players 'round da old gym and tell 'em which professor and section ta pick up an IBM card four. Den, I'd go two da table and ax for the very same classes. Figured Hank new the friendly faculty, hey?

I kind of did the same thing.  I enrolled in the College of Communications.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2018, 04:13:01 PM »
I wanted that!  Fine, I'll settle for the 2018 (Maui) Final Four Banner

This is off-topic, but it doesn't warrant a new thread:

Speaking of banners, did anyone notice the mention in the ESPN article  "Villanova's epic 5yr run" of how, ironically, Nova's main practice court features plain walls devoid of any sign of boasting banners? 

While I realize the importance to recruiting of having bigger-than-life sized likenesses of MU NBA greats hanging from the rafters or painted on the walls of the main practice court....I like Villanova's humble, subtle approach of having the pride/trophy room situated far away from where the current group toils passionately and joyously to attain future accomplishments.

Marquette does what 90 pct of programs (with similar athletic and NBA-alum bona-fides) do with regard to practice-center decoration, so I am not singling us out. We have a tremendous history and tradition to embrace at MU. Does it matter specifically where we embrace it?  IOW, is it a hindrance or boon to on-court team/player development to work in such close proximity to trophies and banner hype? What do studies show re workplace feng-shui etc?

Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2018, 04:18:25 PM »
This is off-topic, but it doesn't warrant a new thread:

Speaking of banners, did anyone notice the mention in the ESPN article  "Villanova's epic 5yr run" of how, ironically, Nova's main practice court features plain walls devoid of any sign of boasting banners? 

While I realize the importance to recruiting of having bigger-than-life sized likenesses of MU NBA greats hanging from the rafters or painted on the walls of the main practice court....I like Villanova's humble, subtle approach of having the pride/trophy room situated far away from where the current group toils passionately and joyously to attain future accomplishments.

Marquette does what 90 pct of programs (with similar athletic and NBA-alum bona-fides) do with regard to practice-center decoration, so I am not singling us out. We have a tremendous history and tradition to embrace at MU. Does it matter specifically where we embrace it?  IOW, is it a hindrance or boon to on-court team/player development to work in such close proximity to trophies and banner hype? What do studies show re workplace feng-shui etc?

No.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2018, 04:27:49 PM »

No.

LoL. Why do I feel like the character in GranTorino who just had a cigarette put out on his face?
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2018, 04:36:33 PM »
I wish I had taken screenshots of that entire survey process, but my expectation is the new arena prices will pretty closely match up with one of the highest tiers they suggested. My reasoning is that because the tax exempt portion was eliminated, Marquette will have to charge significantly more to earn comparable revenue. The question they are now faced with is how much they can get away with charging that will achieve the goals of not pushing season ticket holders away while also making enough to cover the rent and come away with a comparable profit to the BC.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2018, 05:00:07 PM »
LoL. Why do I feel like the character in GranTorino who just had a cigarette put out on his face?

Not at all equating Sultan with the Hmong gangsta nor calling him a bully, I just admire his penchant for succinct brevity and ability to extinguish off-topic tangential thoughts in same manner as his Avatar would extinguish his cig.

Just wondered what a sports-psychologist would posit on Nova's approach and its effect on performance. Not saying their model is superior.

On topic, Bill Scholl is a smart administrator. Aside from the obvious revenue aspects, he knows that if MU wants to maintain its historically strong position in NCAA attendance rankings, something has to give. BC sro capacity of 19,000+ is no longer available. If we garner the expected 17K+ sellouts for Nova, X, NMD, UW etc, we have to make up the difference by drawing better than we historically have for the remainder of BE and non-con schedule. Drastic price increases, even with a dramatically improved arena and on-court product is simply not the way to accomplish this. How do you draw MORE fans (than in years past) to the lesser games with a higher price point on the horizon? This is no simple task.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 05:03:14 PM by ZenyattasTapitColt »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2018, 05:03:52 PM »
Doc

My first three semesters, Hank did all of my heavy lifting at registration. Walked me station to station with Dwayne Johnson, Mandy and Terry Reason. Owe him and Rick for my degree, along with a couple of other unnamed folks in the College of Speech.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2018, 05:23:57 PM »
Doc

My first three semesters, Hank did all of my heavy lifting at registration. Walked me station to station with Dwayne Johnson, Mandy and Terry Reason. Owe him and Rick for my degree, along with a couple of other unnamed folks in the College of Speech.

Goose. I am a 40something MU grad who loves our tradition, but one name I had forgotten was Dwayne 'DJ' Johnson. I had to do a double take at first, thinking "The Rock" had registered with you. Good to hear and know that Hank and Rick were your ROCK in the reg process.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2018, 05:50:44 PM »
Colt

DJ and I had many, many classes together. My nickname is JD and the two of us shared work quite often. Sadly, I shared his work, which may not have been done by him. Back in the day, there a number of friends of the program.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2018, 05:56:52 PM »
Not at all equating Sultan with the Hmong gangsta nor calling him a bully, I just admire his penchant for succinct brevity and ability to extinguish off-topic tangential thoughts in same manner as his Avatar would extinguish his cig.

Just wondered what a sports-psychologist would posit on Nova's approach and its effect on performance. Not saying their model is superior.

On topic, Bill Scholl is a smart administrator. Aside from the obvious revenue aspects, he knows that if MU wants to maintain its historically strong position in NCAA attendance rankings, something has to give. BC sro capacity of 19,000+ is no longer available. If we garner the expected 17K+ sellouts for Nova, X, NMD, UW etc, we have to make up the difference by drawing better than we historically have for the remainder of BE and non-con schedule. Drastic price increases, even with a dramatically improved arena and on-court product is simply not the way to accomplish this. How do you draw MORE fans (than in years past) to the lesser games with a higher price point on the horizon? This is no simple task.

I am somewhat legendary at work for responding to three paragraph emails with a word or two. I’m a succinct individual.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2018, 05:58:20 PM »

I'm guessing you could get ten sports psychologists in a room and get ten different answers.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2018, 06:04:39 PM »
Doc

Silly me thought you were a traditional walk-on that Hank was gettin' registered da right way, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2018, 06:42:31 PM »
I wish I had taken screenshots of that entire survey process, but my expectation is the new arena prices will pretty closely match up with one of the highest tiers they suggested. My reasoning is that because the tax exempt portion was eliminated, Marquette will have to charge significantly more to earn comparable revenue. The question they are now faced with is how much they can get away with charging that will achieve the goals of not pushing season ticket holders away while also making enough to cover the rent and come away with a comparable profit to the BC.

I haven't read all of the new tax code, but in general, there is more of a clampdown on unrelated business (UBI) for NFPs.  I wonder if it affects sports revenue for universities.

If that is the case, it's a double whammy.  The purchase can't deduct the "donation", and the university may have to pay income tax on that money.
Have some patience, FFS.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2018, 06:49:46 PM »
Doc

I was traditional with Juco cred in the classroom. Kind of a hybrid.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2018, 07:07:28 PM »
So my seats now are $82.50 per game per seat, donation included.  The uppers go from $35 for the Glow Box to $7.80 (not counting the Coors Light Corner). That $7.80 is a cost of a discounted movie ticket, a great deal for families or Chicago alums. 

Going up almost 40% to $115 is a good guess for mine.  But, the Uppers' percent increase has to go up a lot more. MU cannot keep their discount curves this steep. If they do, the Lowers are moving up. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2018, 07:10:11 PM »
I haven't read all of the new tax code, but in general, there is more of a clampdown on unrelated business (UBI) for NFPs.  I wonder if it affects sports revenue for universities.

If that is the case, it's a double whammy.  The purchase can't deduct the "donation", and the university may have to pay income tax on that money.

Athletic revenue is exempt just as before.

How to price tickets is a problem though.  They want to raise prices going into the new arena, but the real value of the tickets without the donation has gone down.  I'm wondering if they are talking with other schools about the best ways to approach this issue.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2018, 07:15:18 PM »
'cuz MU probably got bf'ed on its rent increase two, hey?

ya der hey 4ever, dey got it widout da lube hey?  dey shudda bought dat arena way back when, eh?  12,000 every game and a line to get in!! plus additional revenue stream for da panthers and concerts.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2018, 07:24:50 PM »
So my seats now are $82.50 per game per seat, donation included.  The uppers go from $35 for the Glow Box to $7.80 (not counting the Coors Light Corner). That $7.80 is a cost of a discounted movie ticket, a great deal for families or Chicago alums. 

Going up almost 40% to $115 is a good guess for mine.  But, the Uppers' percent increase has to go up a lot more. MU cannot keep their discount curves this steep. If they do, the Lowers are moving up.
Where do you sit? The highest per game with donation is $75 per game, unless your court side.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2018, 07:29:23 PM »
Has anybody claimed the Great Alaska Shootout title banner? 'cause I want that

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2018, 07:30:43 PM »
I wish I had taken screenshots of that entire survey process..

There are some screen shots in this thread ..

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=54776.0

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2018, 07:31:05 PM »
Where do you sit? The highest per game with donation is $75 per game, unless your court side.

Dead center.  Donation and ticket is $1320 divided by 16 games = $82.50

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2018, 07:33:23 PM »
Has anybody claimed the Great Alaska Shootout title banner? 'cause I want that

IIRC, they auctioned that off for B&G a couple of years ago.  I thought Chicos bid on it.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2018, 07:38:54 PM »
Hangin' on Crean's bedroom ceilin' sew Joannie gets a birdseye view of da banner and Wade's IU shorts at da same time, hey?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 08:19:36 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2018, 07:40:54 PM »
IIRC, they auctioned that off for B&G a couple of years ago.  I thought Chicos bid on it.

sunofabitch .... my heart is broken