[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Ticket Update  (Read 192409 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
New Arena Ticket Update
« on: February 19, 2018, 07:23:57 PM »

Marquette Basketball Fans,

The final home game at the BMO Harris Bradley Center for Marquette basketball is rapidly approaching. Beginning with the Hoopla event last summer, and continuing throughout this current season, we have all had a chance to remember those magical moments that have made the past 30 years so special. Here are a few fun facts from our time in the BMO Harris Bradley Center:
Our men’s basketball program has played 500 games at the Bradley Center
Over 6.5 million fans have watched Marquette in the Bradley Center
They won over 75 percent of their games (385-115) at home
Men’s basketball owns three undefeated seasons at home (1995-96, 2001-02, 2012-13)
They have had a winning year at home every season since 1988-89
While we have had a great opportunity to reminisce, it’s equally exciting to look to the future as we prepare to call the spectacular new arena our home, while also continuing our long-standing relationship with the Milwaukee Bucks.

In preparation for our move into the new state-of-the art facility beginning next season, we are in the final stages of completing a detailed market research study to help determine appropriate ticket pricing for the 2018-19 season. Analysis included surveys to you, our season ticket members and donors, to incorporate your input and discussions with University Leadership.  We also analyzed peer benchmarking data and recommendations from our consultant, Legends Sports Marketing.  The goal of the study is to create an equitable pricing model that appropriately values the most desired seat locations, while creating multiple price points and positioning Marquette Athletics for success going forward.

In the coming weeks we will be sharing more information related to 2018-19 season ticket pricing, along with a timeline and seat selection process. As a 2017-18 season ticket member you will receive priority access to secure your seat location prior to the general public.

We look forward to seeing you at our two final home games: February 21st vs. St. John’s on Al’s night and March 3rd vs. Creighton for Senior Day at 1:30pm, which will also be our final game in the BMO Harris Bradley Center.

Go Marquette!

Bill Scholl
Vice President/Director of Athletics
Marquette Athletics

GGGG

• All American
Re: New Arena Ticket Update
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 07:29:52 PM »
In preparation for our move into the new state-of-the art facility beginning next season, we are in the final stages of completing a detailed market research study to help determine appropriate ticket pricing for the 2018-19 season. Analysis included surveys to you, our season ticket members and donors, to incorporate your input and discussions with University Leadership.  We also analyzed peer benchmarking data and recommendations from our consultant, Legends Sports Marketing.  The goal of the study is to create an equitable pricing model that appropriately values the most desired seat locations, while creating multiple price points and positioning Marquette Athletics for success going forward.

IOW, "grab the lube and bend over."

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 07:30:46 PM »
... and March 3rd vs. Creighton for Senior Day at 1:30pm, which will also be our final game in the BMO Harris Bradley Center.

YEAHHH! You can tell 'em Bill sez f*ck the NIT!
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 07:37:17 PM »

Lol

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 07:49:15 PM »
 In not so many words "were going to raise ticket prices even though the survey was adamantly against such a high raise."

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 08:45:00 PM »
The problem is the new tax law for the blue & gold donation. That's the hold up.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 09:00:22 PM »
The problem is the new tax law for the blue & gold donation. That's the hold up.

Close to 80% of season ticket holders are paying $1440 ($360 / tik x 4)  or less for their seat donations.  I would think not be deduct that is not going to be a big hold up.  People know the new law and people are paying that amount to move up, not for the deduction.

Of course like anything in business it's the top 20% that can really dictate where you go.

But again, it's a new law, so it's a hurdle / objection but people have to understand if they want the points, it is what it is.

My advice for the department would simply be to win out.  Just win 4 more regular season games, then win 3 games in the BET and here's where it's really important, win 6 in the NCAA tournament.  I think those 13 wins will help ease any concerns fans have over 40% increases in ticket costs.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

muguru

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 09:10:25 PM »
Close to 80% of season ticket holders are paying $1440 ($360 / tik x 4)  or less for their seat donations.  I would think not be deduct that is not going to be a big hold up.  People know the new law and people are paying that amount to move up, not for the deduction.

Of course like anything in business it's the top 20% that can really dictate where you go.

But again, it's a new law, so it's a hurdle / objection but people have to understand if they want the points, it is what it is.

My advice for the department would simply be to win out.  Just win 4 more regular season games, then win 3 games in the BET and here's where it's really important, win 6 in the NCAA tournament.  I think those 13 wins will help ease any concerns fans have over 40% increases in ticket costs.

That was a grand slam Lens...You know what will make people not care about the ticket prices so much?? Winning..it's really that simple.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 09:23:00 PM »
Why doesn't the letter mention you can take your game used seat home as a souvenir after the conclusion of Senior Day festivities? 
Because that's what's happening.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 09:25:23 PM »
Why doesn't the letter mention you can take your game used seat home as a souvenir after the conclusion of Senior Day festivities? 
Because that's what's happening.

I am taking the cup holder.
Have some patience, FFS.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 09:36:19 PM »
Can someone just ease this regional crisis and confirm what section Dick will be pouring beer from next season?

Thanks in advance.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 10:03:02 PM »

I plan to take the bat.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2018, 11:05:17 PM »
I got dibs on the "We Swept Seton Hall 2018" banner

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2018, 11:48:52 PM »

And I'll take the "we swept Creighton" one.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2018, 12:06:03 AM »

In the first row of the upper, your cup holder is the concrete wall.  I will help!

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2018, 08:45:01 AM »
I want the old 2006 CBE banner wherever that's hiding.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2018, 08:47:17 AM »
Is someone going to point Freeway to the Chaluparena?

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2018, 09:14:53 AM »
Is someone going to point Freeway to the Chaluparena?
I haven't seen him in a couple years.  He still hanging about?
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2018, 09:16:35 AM »

And pray that we don't play them in the BET.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2018, 09:34:52 AM »
If there's a ribbon cutting ceremony for the Chaluparena, Freeway should have scissors duty.

The Man in Gold

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2018, 10:01:23 AM »
I want the old 2006 CBE banner wherever that's hiding.

Dibs on the Black Coaches Association Classic banner from 2004!
Captain, We need more sweatervests!  TheManInGold has been blinded by the light (off the technicolor sweatervest)

connie

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2018, 10:40:46 AM »
I am very concerned about this as well.  For years the personal cost/benefit analysis I have done on our season tickets has been trending closer and closer towards not renewing.  I am afraid the new stadium costs to MU will make that choice much harder (or easier--:().
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2018, 10:56:05 AM »
I am very concerned about this as well.  For years the personal cost/benefit analysis I have done on our season tickets has been trending closer and closer towards not renewing.  I am afraid the new stadium costs to MU will make that choice much harder (or easier--:().

I think a lot of people are in that boat.  If $1300 for 2 seats becomes $1600 .. why not just pick 5-8 games and scalp tickets?

If I'm MU, I do a 0% increase next year, hold on to everyone I can, wait for Top 25 type year to raise prices.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2018, 11:14:15 AM »
'cuz MU probably got bf'ed on its rent increase two, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

fjm

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2018, 11:18:30 AM »
I haven't seen him in a couple years.  He still hanging about?

Dude yea! I partied with freeway last weekend accidentally. He was crushing it at a country bar, singing every word. I was going to buy him a drink buuuut he looked preoccupied.

feedback