[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Vander Blue Man Group
[Today at 07:53:14 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Ticket Update  (Read 192673 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: New Arena Ticket Update
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2018, 02:13:18 PM »
If I'm MU, I do a 0% increase next year, hold on to everyone I can, wait for Top 25 type year to raise prices.

Sorry, pigs will fly before that happens. Marquette hasn't raised ticket prices in years.

You seem to contradict yourself.  I suggest a 0% increase next year, and you say pigs will fly first, but then say MU hasn't raised ticket prices in years.    Can you explain what you were trying to say?

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2018, 02:16:00 PM »

Yes, kids...this is how we old folks used to register for classes at Marquette.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2018, 02:18:43 PM »
From what I hear, the increase is more sizable than many on here might like it to be. The Buck's are not going to be friendly landlords to the MU program. They will squeeze every nickel out of the new place as possible.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2018, 02:50:09 PM »
From what I hear, the increase is more sizable than many on here might like it to be. The Buck's are not going to be friendly landlords to the MU program. They will squeeze every nickel out of the new place as possible.

The uppers will be packed.  Plenty of room left for the students in the money seats then.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2018, 02:54:39 PM »

Have you heard anything on scheduling? Do they think it would be a good idea to bring in more high-level programs so people will pay higher ticket prices?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2018, 02:55:16 PM »
Personally, I'm willing to take an increase if the non-conference improves by one marquee game. I'm talking Notre Dame, Louisville or Cincy, at home, the same year Wisconsin is also home game. You gotta give me two premium games in the non-con. It's been explained to me this is impossible due to budget/buy games/home&homes whatever else, but I cannot justify paying $2,000 for my lower section seats, rather than $1,400, if it only means the Big East schedule + Wisco, or whatever garbage opponent they play (Georgia! Wow!) when we're at Madison.

If everything remains status quo relative to scheduling, I will buy season tickets in the upper deck and then buy 2-3 big games in the lower section next season.
Home game vs. top 5 Purdue?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2018, 03:01:38 PM »

While there was, and probably is still friction, the Bucks need MU. And MU got a lot of what they wanted during the negotiations.

The next lease will be the telling one.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2018, 03:03:29 PM »
If I'm MU, I do a 0% increase next year, hold on to everyone I can, wait for Top 25 type year to raise prices.

You seem to contradict yourself.  I suggest a 0% increase next year, and you say pigs will fly first, but then say MU hasn't raised ticket prices in years.    Can you explain what you were trying to say?
MU has not raised ticket prices for several years.
With the new arena, they will absolutely raise ticket prices.
There is a better chance of pigs flying, then MU not raising ticket prices.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2018, 03:03:56 PM »
With the new tax law, the donation portion is one of the major hold ups.

Do corporations/business owners still get to deduct tickets as entertainment expenses as per the prior tax law? If so, having higher ticket prices but no added on license/donation, would be best for some/many, as a way to still get a deduction. 

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2018, 03:05:41 PM »
While there was, and probably is still friction, the Bucks need MU. And MU got a lot of what they wanted during the negotiations.

The next lease will be the telling one.
Can you remind me what MU got a lot of that they wanted?
I honestly don’t know any of the details regarding these negotiations.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2018, 03:06:14 PM »
The uppers will be packed.  Plenty of room left for the students in the money seats then.

Stay downstairs! let us lower point season ticket holders have the uppers where we have been at the BC! :)
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2018, 03:13:16 PM »
I’ll laugh very hard if season tickets sell out the uppers and the lowers are a ghost town.

We can’t come close to filling at current prices for crappy buy games that tip at 6 pm on a Tuesday, I’m not optimistic that’s going to be better for a pricier ticket for a crappy buy game that tips on a Tuesday in a fancy new arena.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2018, 03:19:07 PM »
Home game vs. top 5 Purdue?

Marquee matchups draw fans... granted Purdue is/was top 5/10, an unranked Notre Dame, Louisville or Syracuse would have drawn more fans.  Hell, even UW-M might have drawn more fans... at least their 93 basketball fans would have been 92 more than Purdue sent.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2018, 03:19:51 PM »
Because there are not a lot of people there on a Tuesday night 6 pm tip vs. a crappy team, does not mean that seat has not been purchased. The owners are concerned that the seat sells, not that it is filled. 

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2018, 03:22:37 PM »
I wonder if there will be any way to see what the view will be like from different seats before making a final commitment. Ideally there would be some kind of open house where you could go into the building to see what you would be getting for different prices, but I doubt if the inside of the building will be far enough to allow this.

Of course, we don't know the MU prices, but the Bucks alread have "virtual" seat viewer online...
http://wescsales.io-media.com/web/index.html

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2018, 03:23:21 PM »
Marquee matchups draw fans... granted Purdue is/was top 5/10, an unranked Notre Dame, Louisville or Syracuse would have drawn more fans.  Hell, even UW-M might have drawn more fans... at least their 93 basketball fans would have been 92 more than Purdue sent.
Oh I get it. My point is that some MU STHs would have rather had top 100 Cuse on the schedule than top 5 Purdue because of the name. They would consider the Cuse game a marquee game and forgot about top 5 Purdue—like the poster above.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2018, 03:27:39 PM »

I think he is saying that while Marquette will raise the ticket prices due to the new stadium, they will not raise them again after that.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2018, 03:34:37 PM »

The Old Gym. Wow, hard to believe that was how we did it.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2018, 03:34:46 PM »
I got dibs on the "We Swept Seton Hall 2018" banner

I wanted that!  Fine, I'll settle for the 2018 (Maui) Final Four Banner
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2018, 03:36:09 PM »
Stay downstairs! let us lower point season ticket holders have the uppers where we have been at the BC! :)

We're coming for you since the Uppers are so much closer to the action now. This will be like the old days at Wrigley where the bleachers were packed and the rest of the place was a ghost town.

Ma and Pa have been extolling the virtues of the rare air up there so here we come.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2018, 03:36:45 PM »
Remember those days well.  Picked out those IBM punch cards for classes.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2018, 03:37:42 PM »
The Old Gym. Wow, hard to believe that was how we did it.

Standing in line is for geezers
Waiting online is for snowflakes
Holding on the line is where it's at!

You are now registered FOR (dramatic automated pause)15 credits 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2018, 03:42:47 PM »

For second semester junior year, I got a 8:15 AM registration time on Day 1.  Which meant I basically could have whichever classes I wanted at whatever time they were offered. 

It sounded great until I stayed out until about 2:00 AM the night before.  But I still got up, hit the registration time, got all the classes I wanted, went to an empty bookstore and bought all my books, and was back in bed by 9:30 AM.

College was awesome.

EDIT: Phone registration hit my senior year.  I was AMAZED by the technology.  I think that's the same year they replaced the card catalogs with computers.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2018, 03:45:09 PM »

Ahah, that's wright. Used ta follow Hank Raymonds take the BB players 'round da old gym and tell 'em which professor and section ta pick up an IBM card four. Den, I'd go two da table and ax for the very same classes. Figured Hank new the friendly faculty, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2018, 03:50:17 PM »
I told my daughters about the IBM punch cards for registration, and they looked at me as though I was speaking another language.  Turned out they had no idea what an IBM punch card was....