[Today at 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[Today at 07:48:11 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 05:47:31 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Ticket Update  (Read 192729 times)

DienerTime34

• All American
Re: New Arena Ticket Update
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2018, 11:24:33 AM »
Personally, I'm willing to take an increase if the non-conference improves by one marquee game. I'm talking Notre Dame, Louisville or Cincy, at home, the same year Wisconsin is also home game. You gotta give me two premium games in the non-con. It's been explained to me this is impossible due to budget/buy games/home&homes whatever else, but I cannot justify paying $2,000 for my lower section seats, rather than $1,400, if it only means the Big East schedule + Wisco, or whatever garbage opponent they play (Georgia! Wow!) when we're at Madison.

If everything remains status quo relative to scheduling, I will buy season tickets in the upper deck and then buy 2-3 big games in the lower section next season.

connie

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2018, 11:39:16 AM »
Personally, I'm willing to take an increase if the non-conference improves by one marquee game. I'm talking Notre Dame, Louisville or Cincy, at home, the same year Wisconsin is also home game. You gotta give me two premium games in the non-con. It's been explained to me this is impossible due to budget/buy games/home&homes whatever else, but I cannot justify paying $2,000 for my lower section seats, rather than $1,400, if it only means the Big East schedule + Wisco, or whatever garbage opponent they play (Georgia! Wow!) when we're at Madison.

If everything remains status quo relative to scheduling, I will buy season tickets in the upper deck and then buy 2-3 big games in the lower section next season.
I agree, and all of this gets thrown into the mix.  Pretty sure we are going to re-new for next year to see both what I expect to be a better product as well as the new shiny, but if the license fees are crazy I don't see us getting lesser tickets.  I think the most likely result is giving up the season and just targeting a few games.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2018, 11:40:46 AM »
If there's a ribbon cutting ceremony for the Chaluparena, Freeway should have scissors duty.

Is he permitted to use scissors?

fjm

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2018, 11:42:05 AM »
These are all great points.
I will likely renew, but having said that, MUPanther (Aka Mr. Nielsen) continues to promote all of these amazing deals, that there is no incentive for me to buy season tickets.

I could have gotten amazing seats for all of the mid winter games for $25, then I could have gotten basically the whole big east schedule for $100. And then I could easily buy $5 tickets on stubhub for the first half of the season and end up only paying $250 for a seasons worth of decent seats.

A price hike will affect me as I am a new grad, but there are just so many other options to see the games now.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2018, 12:01:17 PM »
I'm going to withhold comment until I see the pricing.  No sense getting the undies bunched when there's no telling what the options are going to be; however, the seat donation deductabye-bye is really quite vexing.  Not sure how MUAD is going to react to that (hopefully not "over-").
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2018, 12:03:34 PM »
I will likely renew, but having said that, MUPanther (Aka Mr. Nielsen) continues to promote all of these amazing deals, that there is no incentive for me to buy season tickets.

I could have gotten amazing seats for all of the mid winter games for $25, then I could have gotten basically the whole big east schedule for $100. And then I could easily buy $5 tickets on stubhub for the first half of the season and end up only paying $250 for a seasons worth of decent seats.

A price hike will affect me as I am a new grad, but there are just so many other options to see the games now.

My brother and I were talking about the same thing. Why pay $50 dollars for two tickets a game when I can sit in the student section all January, buy 6 dollar row A 400's for non-con and then shell out the savings on great seats for the big games?

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2018, 12:05:56 PM »

If I'm MU, I do a 0% increase next year, hold on to everyone I can, wait for Top 25 type year to raise prices.
Sorry, pigs will fly before that happens. Marquette hasn't raised ticket prices in years.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2018, 12:07:14 PM »
My brother and I were talking about the same thing. Why pay $50 dollars for two tickets a game when I can sit in the student section all January, buy 6 dollar row A 400's for non-con and then shell out the savings on great seats for the big games?

Because I still haven't been season ticket member of the game yet.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2018, 12:15:03 PM »

I'm glad you brought that up. The mini plan and "Be the Student Deal" are great deals. I did say in our last meeting on campus on Feb. 4th, that word is going around on these great deals in the mini plans, which might make some not get season-tickets if the cost is jacked up.

I also can't worry about something I don't know. I'm planning on having my season-tickets for Marquette next year, along with my UWM tickets and my Admirals mini plan. That said, if prices for MU are crazy, I might have to re-think things. I do believe it will work out well for everyone!  :-\
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 12:16:37 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2018, 12:20:59 PM »
Because I still haven't been season ticket member of the game yet.

Nominate yourself ;)

Right now I still plan to go the STH route because I like the consistency of seats and I've found that if you're diligent in selling, it isn't too difficult to move seats. I'm expecting about a 40-50% increase in prices thanks to the tax change, which may be tough. Still, I imagine it will be significantly worse for the donors that have current higher included donations (mine are $120/seat).
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2018, 12:21:28 PM »
I'm glad you brought that up. The mini plan and "Be the Student Deal" are great deals. I did say in our last meeting on campus on Feb. 4th, that word is going around on these great deals in the mini plans, which might make some not get season-tickets if the cost is jacked up.

I also can't worry about something I don't know. I'm planning on having my season-tickets for Marquette next year, along with my UWM tickets and my Admirals mini plan. That said, if prices for MU are crazy, I might have to re-think things. I do believe it will work out well for everyone!  :-\

Thanks for representing the little guys kinda in those meetings...

and all that said, I still appreciate you always posting the new deals and the times for games. It's just a bit frustrating seeing what I am paying vs what I COULD be paying (saving).

lessthannick11

• Team Captain
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2018, 12:22:45 PM »

Any talk if they will continue the mobile pass at the new arena? I love having mine and went to a couple more games than I would have if I just bought the mini plan like other years. Ive had nosebleeds for all the bigger games, but I also sat a few rows off the court for the buy-games so its definitely been worthwhile

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2018, 12:27:58 PM »

Any talk if they will continue the mobile pass at the new arena? I love having mine and went to a couple more games than I would have if I just bought the mini plan like other years. Ive had nosebleeds for all the bigger games, but I also sat a few rows off the court for the buy-games so its definitely been worthwhile
I don't see the mobile pass going away. Sales went up for that this year.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2018, 12:46:55 PM »
Thanks for representing the little guys kinda in those meetings...

and all that said, I still appreciate you always posting the new deals and the times for games. It's just a bit frustrating seeing what I am paying vs what I COULD be paying (saving).
Your welcome.......

The Milwaukee Bucks are selling the new arena as this place will 10 billion times better for basketball than the BC. I'm sure it will! That said, I like using Miller Park as a history lesson for the Bucks and Marquette. Year One at Miller Park, average attendance was over 35,000 per game. Year Three, it sank to 20,000 per game. If your not winning, it doesn't matter how nice this new arena will be, fans will not come out, if your setting the prices too high for a losing product.
-Bill Walton

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2018, 12:52:21 PM »
Your welcome.......

The Milwaukee Bucks are selling the new arena as this place will 10 billion times better for basketball than the BC. I'm sure it will! That said, I like using Miller Park as a history lesson for the Bucks and Marquette. Year One at Miller Park, average attendance was over 35,000 per game. Year Three, it sank to 20,000 per game. If your not winning, it doesn't matter how nice this new arena will be, fans will not come out, if your setting the prices too high for a losing product.

Yep.  Tix will be tight next season, but after that it's all about wins and losses.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2018, 12:57:27 PM »
Sorry if I missed it above.  But, I assume the "donation" portion of the ticket price will be dropped...?  Or, will they still have some sort of licensing fee along with the ticket price?

I would much rather simply have a ticket price and not have any sort of license, donation, or whatever you want to call it add on cost.

Also, as said above, sales will be fine for the first year and maybe the second no matter what. After that, price and quality of the schedule and the team will be hugh factors.  The cost of attending games has only gone up - as Milwaukee is more like a big city now, than a big town... food, beer, parking in downtown are no longer cheap, unless you really search it out or go out of the way.   MU games used to be a great value.  Next year, I suspect they will be considered an expensive night out.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2018, 01:04:06 PM »
Sorry if I missed it above.  But, I assume the "donation" portion of the ticket price will be dropped...?  Or, will they still have some sort of licensing fee along with the ticket price?

I would much rather simply have a ticket price and not have any sort of license, donation, or whatever you want to call it add on cost.

With the new tax law, the donation portion is one of the major hold ups.
-Bill Walton

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2018, 01:04:30 PM »
Certainly understand those worried about a price increase. But I will say, the new stadium is going to be worth a price increase.  I don't know how much of one,  but the game experience is going to be so much better than the BC.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2018, 01:18:11 PM »
Certainly understand those worried about a price increase. But I will say, the new stadium is going to be worth a price increase.  I don't know how much of one,  but the game experience is going to be so much better than the BC.

Having been through the new arena twice, I can absolutely second that opinion.  It feels so small.  Buy games will feel fun, big game will feel amazing.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Goose

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2018, 01:26:17 PM »
The Bucks have little to be concerned about in regards to selling out the first 3-4 years. The team will be good to very good, not a insane big joint and it will be a tourist attraction for folks around the state. MU might get some carryover from nosy folks not wanting to pay Bucks or concert ticket prices.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2018, 01:33:49 PM »

The question is, how many people will be able to make that leap...I'm paying more(likely significantly more) for a better game experience?

How many people are going to look at the season ticket prices and say, naw I'll just get 6 or 7 single games, save some money in the long run and still get that "experience"?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2018, 01:47:29 PM »
I’m going to wait and see what the prices are before deciding to renew, and I wonder if there will be any way to see what the view will be like from different seats before making a final commitment. Ideally there would be some kind of open house where you could go into the building to see what you would be getting for different prices, but I doubt if the inside of the building will be far enough to allow this.

Like a lot of people, how competitive the team is will play a big role in my future decisions. It’s hard for me to get excited about committing to 16 plus games when many of them are against lousy opponents and the team is consistently in the bottom few in the league.

Next year is going to be a huge year for both Coach Wojo and the MUAD. Wait until next year will be sounding pretty hollow in Year 5.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2018, 01:51:30 PM »
You know what experience I want?  Winning.  At home.  16x per year, at least.

I'd watch MU win 16x a year here, than win 10x in a $99 trillion dollar arena.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2018, 02:10:05 PM »
The question is, how many people will be able to make that leap...I'm paying more(likely significantly more) for a better game experience?

How many people are going to look at the season ticket prices and say, naw I'll just get 6 or 7 single games, save some money in the long run and still get that "experience"?
You could say that now or in the past years. If someone wants to go to every game, that's why they have season-tickets. Plus, to support their school/team.
-Bill Walton

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2018, 02:11:28 PM »
One “problem” I have is that I go to the games to watch the games. Fancy clubs and concessions and the ability to see the court while in line for concessions is of no value to me. More often than not I drive downtown, park the car, get to my seat 10 minutes or less before the game starts, watch the game, and walk back to the car and drive home when it’s over. All I really care about is the game watching experience, not a lot of the amenities that attract casual fans or people who couldn’t care less about the games.

feedback