Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 10:48:14 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[Today at 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Ticket Update  (Read 192783 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: New Arena Ticket Update
« Reply #125 on: February 21, 2018, 03:15:05 PM »
Brew

20%? Might have to go a little deeper than that next season. Good news is, a lot think top twenty team, well worth it for a top program.

I know this was the other Brew, but I think you're right here. If I were to guess, I think it would be in the 25-30% range. Much more than that will likely be too much for a one year hike, but less will leave Marquette trying to stretch dollars pretty thin.

That said, I do think we'll see the biggest percentage jumps in the best seats. In the non-center upper levels, there's no donation, so any increase would end up being a profit over old seats. Let's say Marquette wanted to increase their take by 20%. For those non-donation seats, all you have to do is raise prices by 20%. But on seats where you have a minimum donation that is 25% of the seat cost, you no longer get that as tax free. To get the same equivalency, you would have to raise prices by around 33%.

The next question becomes if Marquette does it like that so that non-donation seats are raised 20% and donation seats are raised 33%, or if they try to make it more equitable and raise everyone's seats by say 30% (because it will have to skew significantly upwards to allow the reduced number of non-donation seats to make any true offset to the lost revenue for the donation seats).

My guess is they will try to keep it equitable, in part to lessen the blow on the bigger donors and in part to insure all the big donors don't flee to cheaper seats. Either way, If I were guessing, I think around 30% will be the most likely price increase.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #126 on: February 21, 2018, 04:31:48 PM »
This is exactly right.  MU has a finite number of fans, and the number decreases with price increases.  MU had to pay the Bucks, so they're not going to generate as much money as they currently do with the lease at the BC.  It's like renting office space in the only office in town.  Your revenues can not match the spike in expenditures, which cuts into profit.

As a fan, you're better off not entering into a year-long lease, and simply picking/choosing the days you want to come.  The space will be there.  I know I would have been far better off financially getting a 4-5 pack and picking up the Winter Break games.

Goose, you may be right, but as others have said, I know MU doesn't want to lose many season ticket holders so they're going to have to be somewhat price-sensitive.  While a 40% increase may be "well worth it" for many, it will certainly be too much to swallow for many others.  MU has to figure out what's the best way to squeeze the most amount of money out of us, and a 40% increase in one year might not be the best way.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

WarhawkWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #127 on: February 21, 2018, 04:47:02 PM »
I have 6 season tickets.  If the price goes up the amount I expect it to I plan to drop 2 seats.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #128 on: February 21, 2018, 05:12:35 PM »
Paid roughly $34000 in daycare last year (for those of you newlyweds, make sure you budget daycare costs, if you want to start a family). Have two seats and drive from Madison. I could probably absorb a 10% increase. Anymore and I'd have to look at it seriously.

Talked to the guy next to me a couple of games back. He's a casual fan (asked me who #1 was, in videos). He said his renewal was based on how much they went up. MU will lose some of these fans, just based on price.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #129 on: February 21, 2018, 05:27:44 PM »
Paid roughly $34000 in daycare last year (for those of you newlyweds, make sure you budget daycare costs, if you want to start a family). Have two seats and drive from Madison. I could probably absorb a 10% increase. Anymore and I'd have to look at it seriously.

Talked to the guy next to me a couple of games back. He's a casual fan (asked me who #1 was, in videos). He said his renewal was based on how much they went up. MU will lose some of these fans, just based on price.

$34K? How many  kids do you have in daycare?
Have some patience, FFS.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #130 on: February 21, 2018, 05:45:23 PM »
$34K? How many  kids do you have in daycare?

He's in Madison, so it must the Harvard of daycare in the Midwest.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #131 on: February 21, 2018, 06:03:17 PM »
Paid roughly $34000 in daycare last year...

Holy crap!  That is significantly more than I paid for two kids to attend a private Jesuit high school last year.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2018, 06:38:24 PM »
Newborn and a toddler/preschooler?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2018, 07:55:26 PM »
Ya mite wanna quit your bottled water delivery gig and bee mudpt's au pair, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2018, 12:21:09 AM »
Newborn and a toddler/preschooler?

5 and almost 2.  Full time. Also get a 10% discount on the older one...

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2018, 01:32:50 AM »
Damn, DPT.  $34k is roughly what we’re paying for three kids in Catholic school and an au pair.  I hope your full boat is at least subsidizing another family or two. 

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2018, 07:19:11 AM »
5 and almost 2.  Full time. Also get a 10% discount on the older one...

I have to believe you are paying that much out of choice, not necessity. It's a luxury at that point. It's like saying your commuting costs are $1500 a month because you are leasing A Mercedes S-Class to drive to work.
Have some patience, FFS.

OhioGoldenEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2018, 07:26:45 AM »
4 kids, >40k/year in 2018.  Winning

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2018, 07:30:51 AM »
Having put three kids thru full time daycare, now nanny...

I can’t wait until they’re at MUHS / DSHA so I can finally see some cost savings.

How much have the last two wins cost us?  Each another $5 per seat per game?
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #139 on: February 22, 2018, 08:22:56 AM »
I have to believe you are paying that much out of choice, not necessity. It's a luxury at that point. It's like saying your commuting costs are $1500 a month because you are leasing A Mercedes S-Class to drive to work.

If you want to find full time daycare for 2 kids in Madison, outside of the 10 we looked at, for a lower price, by all means go for it...

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #140 on: February 22, 2018, 08:28:32 AM »
If you want to find full time daycare for 2 kids in Madison, outside of the 10 we looked at, for a lower price, by all means go for it...

I am definitely in the wrong business, then....
Have some patience, FFS.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #141 on: February 22, 2018, 08:42:39 AM »
Knot two late four ya yet if ya get write on it, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #142 on: February 22, 2018, 09:12:28 AM »

Really, something like $750 per week?  I'm glad we're done.  I know that makes me sound old.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2018, 09:59:08 AM »
Really, something like $750 per week?  I'm glad we're done.  I know that makes me sound old.
Yep, same here. I paid like 38K/yr (including discount) for 3 in Catholic HS down here. That was like 8 yrs ago, but still 34K for daycare that is crazy.
Goal is National Championship

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #144 on: February 22, 2018, 10:09:49 AM »
For a 2 year old we pay almost 11k in a suburb of MKE for 4-5 days a week. I have no doubt that Madison is significantly more expensive.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #145 on: February 22, 2018, 10:12:22 AM »
Not to add insult to injury but I'm glad we're done paying for college too!   :o

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #146 on: February 22, 2018, 10:16:29 AM »
Yep, same here. I paid like 38K/yr (including discount) for 3 in Catholic HS down here. That was like 8 yrs ago, but still 34K for daycare that is crazy.

I can't imagine that home daycare providers charge that much.  That's what I had, and I couldn't have been happier with my choice.  She was like their second mom.  She had a couple of great dogs so my kids had the experience of having pets (they were even assigned backyard doody pickup) without Glow and me having any of the responsibility or expense.  In the summer, she would take all the kids to Six Flags once a week (and not bring them back till ten p.m. - date night!) and take them on at least one other field trip per week to the pool or zoo or museum.

And I think the most I ever paid for both kids was $250/week.  Even adjusted for inflation, I don't think that would be more than $350 ($18K/year).
Have some patience, FFS.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #147 on: February 22, 2018, 01:09:38 PM »
For a 2 year old we pay almost 11k in a suburb of MKE for 4-5 days a week. I have no doubt that Madison is significantly more expensive.

13K for a 15 month old in Rockford, IL.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #148 on: February 22, 2018, 02:12:35 PM »
13K for a 15 month old in Rockford, IL.

Yeah we were around there until he turned two. That's when the legal ratios of students to teachers increased so price went down. It's funny because I think he is way, way more work as a 2 year old than he ever was at 14 months. Spend the first two years of his life teaching him to walk and talk and apparently the rest of my life getting him to sit down and shut up.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #149 on: February 22, 2018, 02:20:37 PM »
Yeah we were around there until he turned two. That's when the legal ratios of students to teachers increased so price went down. It's funny because I think he is way, way more work as a 2 year old than he ever was at 14 months. Spend the first two years of his life teaching him to walk and talk and apparently the rest of my life getting him to sit down and shut up.

:-X

feedback