Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Ticket Update  (Read 192787 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: New Arena Ticket Update
« Reply #150 on: February 22, 2018, 02:30:08 PM »
Not to add insult to injury but I'm glad we're done paying for college too!   :o

Wait for the wedding bills...

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #151 on: February 22, 2018, 02:36:19 PM »

That's their problem beyond a little 'help'.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #152 on: February 22, 2018, 04:51:12 PM »
If you want to find full time daycare for 2 kids in Madison, outside of the 10 we looked at, for a lower price, by all means go for it...

DPT is right.  We've been at a total of 3 different daycares over the past 11 years, prices are all the same.

Good thing we get that $5k in dependent care flex money in our employee benefits.....

Currently, we pay $850/month for 2 at Catholic school and $940/month for a preschooler in full time daycare during the school year.  Plus throw in the cost for a nanny in summer, and paying an increase in home prices to move out of the Madison school district to a good district, and you know why ZFB is pimping himself out on webcam sites.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #153 on: February 22, 2018, 05:08:07 PM »
... and you know why ZFB is pimping himself out on webcam sites.

Which wadesworld thanks you for.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #154 on: February 22, 2018, 06:21:53 PM »
That's their problem beyond a little 'help'.

"No pay, no say."  You sure Chick will go for that?  You better start saving...

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #155 on: February 22, 2018, 06:26:55 PM »
"No pay, no say."  You sure Chick will go for that?  You better start saving...

I am fine with it.  My daughter has amazing taste.
Have some patience, FFS.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #156 on: February 22, 2018, 06:43:32 PM »

We promised our daughters we would do everything we could to help pay for college.  The youngest graduates in May, and they will both be getting through with little or no debt. 

But in return for that promise, we told them they'd be on their own for weddings. 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #157 on: March 26, 2018, 05:33:04 PM »
A few weeks ago, we celebrated the final home game at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.  This last contest for Marquette basketball was surely a memorable one!  It was a great opportunity to reminisce about so many successful seasons and exciting moments we had in the Bradley Center.

I mentioned in February, in preparation for our move into the new state-of-the art Wisconsin Entertainment and Sports Center, we would be connecting with you this month on the seating process for the 2018-19 season.  We believe we have achieved our goal of creating an equitable pricing model that appropriately values the most desired seat locations, while creating multiple price points and positioning Marquette Athletics for sustained success going forward.

Over the next three months, we will be reaching out to 2017-18 season ticket members via email to communicate the process to secure season tickets for the 2018-19 season.  For the most up-to-date information as it relates to the transition please visit MUBBGameday.com.  This new website will include an overview of the reseating process and timeline, as well as FAQ's.

The new arena reseating will consist of the following three phases based on priority points.  As a 2017-18 Season Ticket Member, your deadline to increase your priority points is May 31.  Your seat selection priority window will begin early July 2018.

• Phase 1 – Current 2017-18 Sideline Courtside Season Ticket Members
Deadline to increase priority points for reseating is March 31
Reseating priority window will start April 1 and conclude April 30

• Phase 2 – Current 2017-18 Preferred Season Ticket Members
Deadline to increase priority points for reseating is April 30
Reseating priority window will start May 1 and conclude June 30

• Phase 3 – Current 2017-18 Season Ticket Members
Deadline to increase priority points for reseating is May 31
Reseating priority window will begin early July 2018

Our goal throughout this entire process is to be transparent and communicative to ensure that we are clearly detailing the process for next season and beyond.  We understand this transition may be stressful to you, and Marquette Athletics staff is ready to answer any and all questions and concerns to ensure a seamless transition into the new Wisconsin Entertainment and Sports Center.

I hope to see you at the upcoming men's basketball awards banquet on April 12 at the Black Swan Venue.  For more information and to register for the event please visit GoMarquette.com.

Thank you again for your support and thoughtful consideration as we work to advance all of our programs and provide for the long-term success of all our student-athletes.

Go Marquette!

Bill Scholl
Vice President/Director of Athletics
Marquette Athletics

TheGym

• Starter
« Reply #158 on: March 26, 2018, 06:12:02 PM »
I am not sure the difference between the preferred season ticket holder and regular season ticket holder.  My guess if I have to ask I am in the latter. 

Still no pricing up on the website

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #159 on: March 26, 2018, 06:18:48 PM »
I am not sure the difference between the preferred season ticket holder and regular season ticket holder.  My guess if I have to ask I am in the latter. 

From what I ascertained from the nit. Preferred are the high donators. Points don't matter for them

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #160 on: March 26, 2018, 07:10:29 PM »

If you have to ask...

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #161 on: March 26, 2018, 07:21:11 PM »

As Sultan said,  "if you have to ask"...These are Tuggie type seats where you can hear cuddle talk about Johnson's falling off...

http://www.gomarquette.com/bluegold-fund/bgf-preferred-season-tickets.html

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #162 on: April 04, 2018, 11:46:09 AM »
So, Phase 1 of reseating is underway. Any word on the price jack leaking out for the Wallets? 

Next up, the year end banquet. Any one going?  I will be in Vegas unfortunately. 

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #163 on: April 04, 2018, 11:54:48 AM »
I find it very interesting that the priority seating process will take 2 months. That implies either that there are a lot of them or there will be a lot of churn and/or cajoling. As one of the poor huddled masses, waiting to July to figure out what seats are left and the price points therein is not ideal. Gotta start budgeting for this price jacking now.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #164 on: April 04, 2018, 12:02:49 PM »
I find it very interesting that the priority seating process will take 2 months. That implies either that there are a lot of them or there will be a lot of churn and/or cajoling. As one of the poor huddled masses, waiting to July to figure out what seats are left and the price points therein is not ideal. Gotta start budgeting for this price jacking now.

I think the first two phases will be appointment only so MU can sell in all the club services/donations to corporations and promotional sponsors.

As for us huddled masses, it looks like they will leave us dangling to post-banquet.  Perhaps start some whispers in the hallway...but who wants to release the XX% increases before and listen to all the griping about paying a premium for this team/coach's lack of quality cuddles.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #165 on: April 04, 2018, 12:17:35 PM »
I think the first two phases will be appointment only so MU can sell in all the club services/donations to corporations and promotional sponsors.

As for us huddled masses, it looks like they will leave us dangling to post-banquet.  Perhaps start some whispers in the hallway...but who wants to release the XX% increases before and listen to all the griping about paying a premium for this team/coach's lack of quality cuddles.

#tinfoilalert

What you are saying makes sense, I also wonder if the standard issues season ticket pricing will be adjusted based on the success or lack thereof in generating revenue from the first two groups. I'm sure they have a revenue target for 2018 and will need to make that somehow.

Side note, my company has a corporate box for Bucks and Marquette games, and I know for a fact the new arena folks asked for double what we were paying in the BC for just the Bucks alone. They didn't get that, but it's their starting point. It's gonna get interesting.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #166 on: April 04, 2018, 12:21:04 PM »
As a person that sits in the cheap seats, I’m worried by the time it gets to me, enough people have moved up to make it difficult to get in the cheap seats again.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #167 on: April 04, 2018, 12:22:21 PM »
As a person that sits in the cheap seats, I’m worried by the time it gets to me, enough people have moved up to make it difficult to get in the cheap seats again.

I also have this fear, I think we may see some folks moving back....which will be interesting. Do they have a plan to fill the lower bowl?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #168 on: April 04, 2018, 12:24:50 PM »
We should recruit Marlins Man to be a STH.  Dude is looking for a new squad.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #169 on: April 04, 2018, 12:36:50 PM »
What you are saying makes sense, I also wonder if the standard issues season ticket pricing will be adjusted based on the success or lack thereof in generating revenue from the first two groups. I'm sure they have a revenue target for 2018 and will need to make that somehow.

I think this is exactly what they're doing.  They're meeting with each of the high rollers to see how much they can squeeze out of them in these 1st and 2nd phases, then they'll use that information to set pricing for us common folk for the remaining seats.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #170 on: April 04, 2018, 01:04:45 PM »
I think this is exactly what they're doing.  They're meeting with each of the high rollers to see how much they can squeeze out of them in these 1st and 2nd phases, then they'll use that information to set pricing for us common folk for the remaining seats.

How so?  I am not sure there is any relation between what the high rollers are willing to pay and what us common folk are willing to pay.
Have some patience, FFS.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #171 on: April 04, 2018, 01:08:57 PM »
How so?  I am not sure there is any relation between what the high rollers are willing to pay and what us common folk are willing to pay.
Wouldn't they get that info from the survey?
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #172 on: April 04, 2018, 01:16:23 PM »
Thenew arena and gameday atmosphere is going to be incredibly.  I dont really care what the tickets ate going to cost.  Neither, is my guess, will other members of the first two groups, especially after going to a game.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #173 on: April 04, 2018, 01:22:18 PM »

That survey was dumb and dangerous

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #174 on: April 04, 2018, 01:40:50 PM »

If that survey was intended to determine the price elasticity of tickets for the common STH, my MBA from MU isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

feedback