[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Amazon narrows its list of cities for its second HQ  (Read 26193 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Amazon narrows its list of cities for its second HQ
« Reply #150 on: March 22, 2018, 10:45:43 AM »
So IOW, millennials are doing exactly what their predecessors did...but are just doing it later.  Hardly surprising.

Me on Page 3 of this thread:
Another point .... indications are that once millennials get married and have kids, they, like previous generations, are moving to the suburbs. Definitely later in life, and perhaps not at quite the same frequency, but they're still doing it. The notion that they're all going to be urban dwellers is vastly overstated. Certainly some will choose to remain in the city into their late 40s and raise high schoolers there (remember ... they're not having kids until their 30+), most will be out in the burbs just like their parents.

Sultan on Page 4 of this thread:
Most millennials are delaying everything.  Getting married later.  Having kids later.

They'll move out to the suburbs later.  But if the housing is cheaper, with a nice yard, and the good schools are public schools instead of the charter and private schools in the city, the vast majority will move and commute like previous generations did.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #151 on: March 22, 2018, 11:03:10 AM »
Me on Page 3 of this thread:
Another point .... indications are that once millennials get married and have kids, they, like previous generations, are moving to the suburbs. Definitely later in life, and perhaps not at quite the same frequency, but they're still doing it. The notion that they're all going to be urban dwellers is vastly overstated. Certainly some will choose to remain in the city into their late 40s and raise high schoolers there (remember ... they're not having kids until their 30+), most will be out in the burbs just like their parents.

Sultan on Page 4 of this thread:
Most millennials are delaying everything.  Getting married later.  Having kids later.

They'll move out to the suburbs later.  But if the housing is cheaper, with a nice yard, and the good schools are public schools instead of the charter and private schools in the city, the vast majority will move and commute like previous generations did.

We are clearly very smart.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #152 on: March 22, 2018, 12:48:22 PM »
My daughter (31) and my son (30) got married in the last 6 months (not to each other; this ain't Kentucky!).

My daughter and her husband loved renting right in the city of Seattle but when it came time to buy a few months ago, they did so in a suburb. They plan to have kids very soon.

My son and his new bride (just married 14 days ago) have been renting on Chicago's North Side and are just starting to consider buying. They hope to stay in the city but aren't sure. They also want to have kids fairly soon.

All four young people (my kids and their spouses) are gainfully employed, all are good people who contribute to society, all very responsible. I get sick of reading about how "entitled" or "spoiled" or whatever that Millennials are. Not saying that's what folks are doing here. Just saying that, in general, I hate generalizations!

'hole lotta shakin' goin' on wit Nads kin, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #153 on: March 22, 2018, 01:33:32 PM »
My daughter (31) and my son (30) got married in the last 6 months (not to each other; this ain't Kentucky!).

My daughter and her husband loved renting right in the city of Seattle but when it came time to buy a few months ago, they did so in a suburb. They plan to have kids very soon.

My son and his new bride (just married 14 days ago) have been renting on Chicago's North Side and are just starting to consider buying. They hope to stay in the city but aren't sure. They also want to have kids fairly soon.

All four young people (my kids and their spouses) are gainfully employed, all are good people who contribute to society, all very responsible. I get sick of reading about how "entitled" or "spoiled" or whatever that Millennials are. Not saying that's what folks are doing here. Just saying that, in general, I hate generalizations!

:-\
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #154 on: March 22, 2018, 02:03:24 PM »
:-\

Oh Benny ... you're not going to make me point out that I meant to say it that way, are you?

The quote I usually like to use is:

Generalization is bad, and everybody who does it is stupid.
β€œIt’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #155 on: March 22, 2018, 02:07:38 PM »

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #156 on: March 29, 2018, 07:26:37 AM »
Some details on a few of the New York bids:
https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/politics/albany/2018/03/27/amazon-headquarters-rochester-ny-failed-bid-exclusive-details/462053002/

Indy's IBJ estimates the Indy bid could include up to 1.5 Billion in incentives.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #157 on: February 26, 2019, 01:06:16 PM »
Since the "Y'all got Bezo'd" thread got locked. 
I saw this in today's New Haven Register.

Dan Haar: How lucky for CT β€” Nooyi named to Amazon board
https://www.nhregister.com/business/danhaar/article/Dan-Haar-How-lucky-for-CT-Nooyi-named-to-13644199.php