Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wojo's seat  (Read 65561 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Wojo's seat
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2017, 06:24:19 PM »
Do you have reading comprehension problems? Read my post and find where it says fans demanding excellence makes mu excellent. In general, in life, striving for excellence creates excellence. settling for mediocrity makes you mediocre. Stop parsing posters words and then criticizing them for what you claim they say.

You should lay off the two-bit "leadership" books for awhile.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2017, 06:25:21 PM »
I don't agree with any of this. Wojo would have been an idiot to decline brining Henry in. And why should we expect Marquette to the exception to the rule (re: frequency of transfers)?

Getting Henry was a big win for Wojo. I think it was a great get and well worth the effort.

Exactly.  A big, early recruiting win.  Plus it was fun to watch him when he was here.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2017, 06:31:21 PM »

You should lay off the two-bit "leadership" books for awhile.
Goose is right you are a kook and I don't get into pissing matches with kooks so bye bye now.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2017, 06:38:30 PM »
Goose is right you are a kook and I don't get into pissing matches with kooks so bye bye now.

Apparently, I once "demanded kookiness."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2017, 06:56:22 PM »

Apparently, I once "demanded kookiness."

Make Marquette Kookie Again

#MMKA
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2017, 07:06:55 PM »
I don't agree with any of this. Wojo would have been an idiot to decline brining Henry in. And why should we expect Marquette to the exception to the rule (re: frequency of transfers)?

You like salt water?

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2017, 09:53:24 PM »
that's not what I was saying  and you know it. what's bizarre is random posters twisting other posters words so they can rip on them.

Do you have reading comprehension problems? Read my post and find where it says fans demanding excellence makes mu excellent. In general, in life, striving for excellence creates excellence. settling for mediocrity makes you mediocre. Stop parsing posters words and then criticizing them for what you claim they say.

If you want respect, be a man and own what you said, instead of going after others who comprehended very well what those words were.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2017, 11:20:17 PM »
Make Marquette Kookie Again

#MMKA

Since we're on the subject, I think Coach Wojo needs to find his inner Kook. Like when Coach Al went into full-crazed Warrior mode and admonished the team that he'd "killzz" them if they don't shape up. Wojo is going to prove to be a keeper, but he needs to know he's not in Raleigh-Durham anymore. The staid, button-down approach that is successful there needs tweaking to succeed in Milwaukee. You don't have to be "Al 2.0" (and no, Buzz was NOT).

Be yourself, Coach. Marquette and the Milwaukee community not only allows a little eccentricity, it embraces it. Take a technical when your star guard gets called for his 2nd ticky-tac foul within the first 2 minutes. Practice horrible and not near expectations? Walk out on em...take a couple "left turns."

Do it your way....jaw with JP Macura mid-game when he inevitably crosses a boundary of taste, then tell him in the handshake line that he's forever a "made man" in these parts for his Madison gator chomp.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2017, 06:49:53 AM »
If you want respect, be a man and own what you said, instead of going after others who comprehended very well what those words were.

Wrong, and I sure as hell I'm not looking for respect from anyone on a fan board. Go back and look at who is going after who. My original statement was not derogatory or disrespectful to anyone, but some poster's responses were derogatory to me.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2017, 07:05:33 AM »
hairy

Well said.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2017, 07:26:52 AM »
Wrong, and I sure as hell I'm not looking for respect from anyone on a fan board. Go back and look at who is going after who. My original statement was not derogatory or disrespectful to anyone, but some poster's responses were derogatory to me.
Nobody is "going after" you.  Stop being a victim.

You wrote something very clearly that was also very clearly silly. That's it.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2017, 08:24:02 AM »

Your statement was a trite cliche.  Sorry for pointing that out.

Hubert Davis

• Starter
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2017, 09:35:03 AM »
Guys, lets all just be completely honest with each other. Wojo has led us to nowhere and nothing. Besides stability in the athletic department and a one and done NCAA tourney birth last season, his tenure has been pretty pedestrian. Enter year FOUR and here we are talking about NEXT season, what PG we need to recruit, can't play defense etc. It's bizarre. Wojo=nice guy, former player, assistant coach. Wojo also =not a very good head coach.

Fire Wojo

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2017, 09:37:42 AM »
To answer the original question, I express my support for the coach/program with season tickets and donation dollars. This year's team seems to be fatally flawed, but I already purchased season tickets, so I'm putting each game up for sale.

Although I've definitely turned anti-Wojo (poor roster construction, no ability to teach defense, needs great players -- hasn't shown the ability to "coach up" a team of misfits ) I acknowledge I'm excited about next year's roster. I'm still planning to renew my season tickets and acknowledge firing Wojo would set our program back ANOTHER four years. I think Year No. 5 will be Wojo's best, I just wish we didn't have to suffer with some of the abominations we've seen on the court (Nebraska-Omaha, Iowa, etc.) in the past few years.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2017, 09:52:11 AM »
We've had some lows with Wojo so far. But it's interesting how quickly some folks forgot about Nova.

No, that one win is not enough to justify anything. But if you're going to provide evidence for "firing" or being "anti-wojo", need to acknowledge both sides.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2017, 10:08:04 AM »
Matt Heldt
Ed Morrow
Sacar Anim
Ike Eke
Harry Froling (probably)

That's likely our roster starting point if Wojo is fired after this year.  So even though Wojo hasn't proven he definitely is the guy, he gets at least one more year.  Deal with it.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2017, 11:09:35 AM »
Matt Heldt
Ed Morrow
Sacar Anim
Ike Eke
Harry Froling (probably)

That's likely our roster starting point if Wojo is fired after this year.  So even though Wojo hasn't proven he definitely is the guy, he gets at least one more year.  Deal with it.

Did Markus Howard jump ship somewhere? Along with Elliot and cain?

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2017, 11:14:01 AM »
I can't imagine why anyone would want Wojo's seat to be even remotely hot right now. Fire Wojo to do what exactly? Bring in a guy with Wojo's exact credentials but a different last name, without the recruiting victories, and a sense that we'll can him in four years without a Sweet 16 even if the future looks bright? Great.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2017, 11:22:24 AM »
Did Markus Howard jump ship somewhere? Along with Elliot and cain?

My roster was assuming Wojo is fired.  Howard hypothetically transfers out west  (Arizona, ASU, UCLA, USC, etc).  Sam and Joey decide between Michigan State and Virginia.  Greg, Jamal, and Theo likely transfer.

Do you think they are staying if Wojo is fired?  I highly doubt it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2017, 12:00:54 PM »
Guys, lets all just be completely honest with each other. Wojo has led us to nowhere and nothing. Besides stability in the athletic department and a one and done NCAA tourney birth last season, his tenure has been pretty pedestrian. Enter year FOUR and here we are talking about NEXT season, what PG we need to recruit, can't play defense etc. It's bizarre. Wojo=nice guy, former player, assistant coach. Wojo also =not a very good head coach.

Fire Wojo

Agreed. Don't even let him finish the season.

Then, after we go 14-17 this year, and a bunch of guys transfer, and the recruits go elsewhere, you can get all "honest" with us again 3-4 years from now and say: Fire (Insert Coach's Name).

Perfect!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 01:09:08 PM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2017, 12:24:51 PM »
Agreed. Don't even let him finish the season.

Then, after we go 14-17 this year, and a bunch of guys transfer, and the recruits go elsewhere, you can get all "honest" with us and say: Fire (Insert Coach's Name).

Perfect!

It’s the Al Davis way.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2017, 12:30:51 PM »
My roster was assuming Wojo is fired.  Howard hypothetically transfers out west  (Arizona, ASU, UCLA, USC, etc).  Sam and Joey decide between Michigan State and Virginia.  Greg, Jamal, and Theo likely transfer.

Do you think they are staying if Wojo is fired?  I highly doubt it.

Sure some might transfer. I do not see Howard and Sam burning a year in college when they are both going to be making money off the sport. I also don't see all 3 freshman transferring. (infact if Wojo was fired I'd only see Eke likely to transfer.)

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2017, 12:39:52 PM »
I can't imagine why anyone would want Wojo's seat to be even remotely hot right now. Fire Wojo to do what exactly? Bring in a guy with Wojo's exact credentials but a different last name, without the recruiting victories, and a sense that we'll can him in four years without a Sweet 16 even if the future looks bright? Great.

I agree with this. Everyone calling for Wojo's head right now - what's the alternative? Who do we bring in?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2017, 01:10:31 PM »
I agree with this. Everyone calling for Wojo's head right now - what's the alternative? Who do we bring in?

Maybe Calipari. Or Roy Williams. Or Bill Self.

The whole "fire Wojo" thing is dopier beyond dopiness because it simply isn't going to happen, so why not get crazy dopey?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2017, 01:28:44 PM »
Sure some might transfer. I do not see Howard and Sam burning a year in college when they are both going to be making money off the sport. I also don't see all 3 freshman transferring. (infact if Wojo was fired I'd only see Eke likely to transfer.)

Agree to disagree, I guess.  No matta since Wojo isn't getting fired this year.

feedback