[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[Today at 11:16:57 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Marquette NBA Thread  (Read 439169 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Marquette NBA Thread
« Reply #1525 on: November 30, 2021, 04:11:22 PM »
It's honestly amazing news to hear that Justin has already been drafted, and is making big bucks in the NBA!  Best of luck to him, it was a pleasure to have him as a Marquette player for the past 1+ year. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1526 on: November 30, 2021, 05:36:49 PM »
It's honestly amazing news to hear that Justin has already been drafted, and is making big bucks in the NBA!  Best of luck to him, it was a pleasure to have him as a Marquette player for the past 1+ year.
Must have gone to the ABA.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #1527 on: November 30, 2021, 06:07:58 PM »
Shaka opened J Lew’s  fridge…….saw that it was empty and told him to go to the league….today!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1528 on: November 30, 2021, 07:03:22 PM »
Wojo only got the easy NBA players.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1529 on: November 30, 2021, 11:39:03 PM »
Shaka opened J Lew’s  fridge…….saw that it was empty and told him to go to the league….today!

Did Shaka punch J Lew in the face first?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

lawdog77

• All American

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1531 on: December 01, 2021, 02:49:15 PM »
Possible time for Markus to breakthrough?

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32762074/denver-nuggets-bones-hyland-austin-rivers-enter-nba-health-safety-protocols-sources-say

So you're saying that not only was he a cancer in college, he's now causing breakthrough COVID cases on the Nuggets?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #1532 on: December 01, 2021, 02:53:05 PM »
So you're saying that not only was he a cancer in college, he's now causing breakthrough COVID cases on the Nuggets?

Ha!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1533 on: December 01, 2021, 03:41:11 PM »

Diseases, viruses, illnesses ... and they said Markus only did one thing well!

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #1534 on: December 01, 2021, 03:49:01 PM »

I am 100% sure he is vaccinated cause we all know he is always up for a shot.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1535 on: December 01, 2021, 04:08:47 PM »
Yup.  Never met a shot he wouldn't take.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #1536 on: December 03, 2021, 06:23:52 PM »
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1466890417752915968

Free agent Wesley Matthews plans to sign a deal with the Bucks, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. The 12-year veteran, who spent last season with the Los Angeles Lakers, is set to return to Milwaukee.

Galway Eagle

• All American
Maigh Eo for Sam

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #1538 on: December 03, 2021, 10:03:55 PM »
Juan is having a great first half for Golden State against the Suns. Put Javale McGee on a poster earlier and making a bunch of glue guy plays.

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #1539 on: December 03, 2021, 10:09:30 PM »
Juan is having a great first half for Golden State against the Suns. Put Javale McGee on a poster earlier and making a bunch of glue guy plays.

Crowder also playing well but Suns are struggling a little bit.

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #1540 on: December 03, 2021, 11:10:36 PM »
Lol Crowder called for a flagrant on Juan going in for a dunk.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1541 on: December 03, 2021, 11:27:18 PM »
Huge game for JTA tonight.  7-8, 17 pts.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1542 on: December 04, 2021, 07:00:50 PM »
Looks like WesMat is suited up for the Heat v Bucks game tonight. Too bad Jimmy is out.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1543 on: December 04, 2021, 07:10:59 PM »
Looks like WesMat is suited up for the Heat v Bucks game tonight. Too bad Jimmy is out.
Delighted that the Bucks picked up Wes Matthew’s .
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #1544 on: December 12, 2021, 07:41:33 AM »
To take your mind off the UCLA game, try to find a replay of the Nuggets game last night. Markus being Markus, 5 threes and  16 points in the 2nd quarter. Ends with 21.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1545 on: December 12, 2021, 10:00:40 AM »
To take your mind off the UCLA game, try to find a replay of the Nuggets game last night. Markus being Markus, 5 threes and  16 points in the 2nd quarter. Ends with 21.

From the Denver Post:

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/12/12/markus-howard-nuggets-spurs-chance/

His second-quarter eruption catapulted the Nuggets to a 72-56 halftime lead, and eventually, a win. He poured in 16 of his 21 points in the quarter, dousing San Antonio’s porous defense with five of his six 3-pointers.

“I thought Markus was a difference-maker tonight,” said Nuggets coach Michael Malone, who brought his name up unsolicited.

Howard accounted for six of Denver’s 20 3-pointers.

On the first triple, Howard broke the Spurs’ press by canning a 3-pointer from the top of the arc with 14 seconds left on the shot clock. Next, he buried one from the corner after Facu Campazzo collapsed the defense with his penetration.

Sensing his thermometer was rising, the Nuggets ran plays for Howard on his next two threes, both of which came via dribble hand-offs by Nikola Jokic. On his last trey of the second quarter, the Spurs lost him in transition and Howard buried another one.

“Markus can shoot, he can score,” Malone said. “Some of those plays we haven’t ran in a while.”

When he checked out with 3:12 left in the quarter, the Nuggets up 59-52, the entire bench stood to congratulate him as he walked to his seat.

“I just know any time I’m put in a position to be in the game, I know my skillset, and I know what I’m capable of doing,” Howard said. “And so do my teammates. They have trust in me to be able to make plays.”

It's why he'll make nice money for a long time.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1546 on: December 12, 2021, 11:12:44 AM »
Delighted to see Markus get some quality minutes .  He is making the most of his opportunities like this when they happen
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

1SE

• All American
« Reply #1547 on: December 12, 2021, 12:36:10 PM »
Great to see Markus do Markus with some extended run.

The Nuggets are such a mixed blessing for him - I think the organization is really high on him and spends a lot of time on his development - but he's buried so far down the chart that his only chance for real minutes are if a bunch of guys are hurt.

I wonder if in these early years he wouldn't be better served being on a bottom feeder where he got a ton of run and exposure, which then might lead him to being scooped up by some better team on something other than a two-way.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1548 on: December 12, 2021, 04:10:38 PM »
Great to see Markus do Markus with some extended run.

The Nuggets are such a mixed blessing for him - I think the organization is really high on him and spends a lot of time on his development - but he's buried so far down the chart that his only chance for real minutes are if a bunch of guys are hurt.

I wonder if in these early years he wouldn't be better served being on a bottom feeder where he got a ton of run and exposure, which then might lead him to being scooped up by some better team on something other than a two-way.

I honestly think he’s in a great spot.  Malone is a very good coach and clearly likes him.  He’s in a system that can utilize him and work for him.  And he gets to play with talent guys every day in practice.

I don’t necessarily think a bad team like the Pistons or Rockets are any better.  Look at Vander and others that got run on terrible Lakers teams. Young draft picks and touted  prospects are the focus of those teams.  The boundary guys get run and eat up minutes but it’s not like they are getting proper auditions.

Markus getting shine in situations like this and even in the playoffs last year will lead to more

1SE

• All American
« Reply #1549 on: December 12, 2021, 04:27:12 PM »
I honestly think he’s in a great spot.  Malone is a very good coach and clearly likes him.  He’s in a system that can utilize him and work for him.  And he gets to play with talent guys every day in practice.

I don’t necessarily think a bad team like the Pistons or Rockets are any better.  Look at Vander and others that got run on terrible Lakers teams. Young draft picks and touted  prospects are the focus of those teams.  The boundary guys get run and eat up minutes but it’s not like they are getting proper auditions.

Markus getting shine in situations like this and even in the playoffs last year will lead to more

No, I think Denver is a great organisation for him - just don't like the fact the getting minutes depends on a bunch of other guy getting hurt. But maybe that would be his situation anywhere.

At any rate, he may have already scored more association pts the both hauser bros ever will
Real Warriors Demand Excellence