[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette NBA Thread  (Read 455627 times)

BM1090

• All American
Re: Marquette NBA Thread
« Reply #1200 on: May 22, 2021, 11:43:14 PM »
There are definitely a few scoopers who owe me some money after Howard's NBA performance this year. I'm too lazy to look though. You know who you are.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #1201 on: May 23, 2021, 08:15:10 AM »
Markus has to be one of the biggest beneficiaries of the weird 2-way rules this year. Given his performances early on hard to see how he wouldn't have been sent down under the regular rules. Instead he's made the most of the opportunity and has a shot at a.legit NBA career
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #1202 on: May 23, 2021, 09:30:01 AM »
Markus Howard has entered the game and scored.  So not only has he played in the NBA in defiance of what many here thought, he’s now getting playoff minutes and contributing

Taking down this jacka$$ post and sincerely apologize to all for it. 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 09:00:55 PM by HutchwasClutch »

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #1203 on: May 23, 2021, 10:15:14 AM »
MH and Compazzo out there at the same time gave me defensive flashbacks to the MH/Rowsey era. Not sure I can ever remember 2 sub 5'10" guards playing together in the NBA.

Not sure that size differential holds up over a game, but they made the most of it. Markus fights his a off, but there's only so much he can do. Props to MH though. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1204 on: May 23, 2021, 11:19:02 AM »
Bet the opposite of the majority opinion and narrative here and you’ll do very well.  Yet, obnoxious know nothings are still never humbled.  Just look at their post stats in the tens of thousands.

I know.   Crazy, right?    I said countless times that he was a 5'10 Curry, that if he had been 6'3 he'd have gone early.     Man, those people who used to call him a cancer.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #1205 on: May 23, 2021, 12:06:52 PM »
I'll admit it.  I didn't think Markus had enough to make a true mark in the NBA.  He is an elite shooter, in many was the opposite of Vander, in that he has one A+ skill rather than a cupboard full of B+ ones.  And it's true that NBA teams can find ways to use guys with special talent in one area.

Anyway, super happy for him as he's a great kid.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1206 on: May 23, 2021, 12:31:51 PM »
Bet the opposite of the majority opinion and narrative here and you’ll do very well.  Yet, obnoxious know nothings are still never humbled.  Just look at their post stats in the tens of thousands.

I said Markus had a legit shot due to his one superior skill. But go ahead and generalize ... because it’s a verifiable fact that every single Scooper with lower post numbers predicted that he’d play 20 minutes in playoff games.

For the record, I also am saying Sam Hauser will use a similar skillset to be an NBA player for multiple seasons.

And for the record, no, I didn’t think Juan would be an NBA player.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1207 on: May 23, 2021, 01:53:54 PM »
Markus is making the most of his opportunity. Sports are unforgiving especially the higher up you go on the ladder. Every solid game is more proof of concept that he belongs.  Would be good if the Nuggets could go deep in the playoff and give Markus more chances to keep developing his niche.

A few years back Jamil was playing well, Had Doc in his corner and then he ran out of two way days, and the Herpes episode put a lid on his chances. 
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #1208 on: May 23, 2021, 03:33:14 PM »
Credit to JB, he was #M2N from the beginning.
Goal is National Championship

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #1209 on: May 23, 2021, 08:29:47 PM »
Credit to JB, he was #M2N from the beginning.

Yes he was.  Bravo!
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1210 on: May 30, 2021, 08:11:51 PM »
Great to see Jae have a quality game today in the Suns win over the Lakers
            ---Al McGuire

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #1211 on: May 30, 2021, 10:40:57 PM »
Great to see Jae have a quality game today in the Suns win over the Lakers

Agreed.  Tough son of a gun. 

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #1212 on: May 31, 2021, 07:39:45 AM »
He keeps on going. Also some good moments from Wes.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1213 on: May 31, 2021, 11:11:24 AM »
Its hard to argue against the value that CP3 has brought to the Suns and how much him health running the show makes them better

But you could make a legit case that Jae is their second most valuable player.

For most of this series he hasnt been able to hit a shot if his life depended on it. And the Suns have still been far, far, far better whenever hes on the court than when hes off it.

Guy just does so much all around to help the team.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1214 on: May 31, 2021, 11:57:07 AM »
Its hard to argue against the value that CP3 has brought to the Suns and how much him health running the show makes them better

But you could make a legit case that Jae is their second most valuable player.

For most of this series he hasnt been able to hit a shot if his life depended on it. And the Suns have still been far, far, far better whenever hes on the court than when hes off it.

Guy just does so much all around to help the team.
I think the Heat are missing the grittiness and team first attitude Jae brings every day. 
            ---Al McGuire

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #1215 on: June 01, 2021, 08:21:02 AM »
I think the Heat are missing the grittiness and team first attitude Jae brings every day.

Yes very dumb of them to let him go

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1216 on: June 01, 2021, 08:38:39 AM »
I get why they didn't.  He shot way better than his career average last year in the 20 games plus playoffs with the Heat.  (His EFG was 100 points LESS this year with the Suns.)  Furthermore the Suns offered him three years, which the Heat were never going to match because they have been setting themselves up for this off-season with some cap space available.  Though that Bam contract is pretty bad.

Sure they miss the intangibles he brought to the floor, but with those have gotten them past the Bucks, Nets and Sixers? Highly doubtful.

I love me some Jae Crowder but I think we are wearing some blue and gold glasses here.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1217 on: June 01, 2021, 09:18:03 AM »
I get why they didn't.  He shot way better than his career average last year in the 20 games plus playoffs with the Heat.  (His EFG was 100 points LESS this year with the Suns.)  Furthermore the Suns offered him three years, which the Heat were never going to match because they have been setting themselves up for this off-season with some cap space available.  Though that Bam contract is pretty bad.

Sure they miss the intangibles he brought to the floor, but with those have gotten them past the Bucks, Nets and Sixers? Highly doubtful.

I love me some Jae Crowder but I think we are wearing some blue and gold glasses here.

I don't follow the heat close enough at all to know if anything else changed but him playing with the heat got them past the bucks last year just to be fair
Maigh Eo for Sam

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1218 on: June 01, 2021, 09:51:19 AM »
I don't follow the heat close enough at all to know if anything else changed but him playing with the heat got them past the bucks last year just to be fair

True, but the Bucks are much better this year in my opinion.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1219 on: June 01, 2021, 11:02:56 AM »

Would Jae on the Heat of lead them on the exact same run? Probably not. But he probably helps them win an extra game or 2 to get that much better 4/5 game. He also does give them a better chance in any one series.

Like I said the other day. Just look at the Suns in this series with Jae on the court vs off the court. Guy is shooting like most of us would out there and they are still considerably better just by simply having him on the court

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #1220 on: June 01, 2021, 11:24:42 AM »

About 27 teams would trade for Bam in a vacuum (probably not Denver, Utah or Philly). 

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1221 on: June 01, 2021, 01:08:06 PM »
Would Jae on the Heat of lead them on the exact same run? Probably not. But he probably helps them win an extra game or 2 to get that much better 4/5 game. He also does give them a better chance in any one series.

Like I said the other day. Just look at the Suns in this series with Jae on the court vs off the court. Guy is shooting like most of us would out there and they are still considerably better just by simply having him on the court

Jae is one of my fave MU guys, but 3-and-D guys are pretty common in the league. I think the biggest plus with Jae is his attitude. He never takes a play off - always 100%.That can be infectious.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1222 on: June 01, 2021, 04:17:00 PM »
About 27 teams would trade for Bam in a vacuum (probably not Denver, Utah or Philly). 

With that contract?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1223 on: June 03, 2021, 08:29:47 PM »
Big opportunity for Jae and the Suns tonight
            ---Al McGuire

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1224 on: June 03, 2021, 09:40:46 PM »
Markus rode pine today but the Nuggets closed it out and hes moving on to Round 2.

Awesome stuff.

feedback