[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Interesting Day Ahead...  (Read 122690 times)

StillAWarrior

• All American
Re: Interesting Day Ahead...
« Reply #700 on: February 27, 2018, 09:36:45 AM »
What I find hilarious about the whole "paid more if fired for cause" concept is that if that were indeed true, UA would simply fire him without cause.

Well, that would make for an interesting conversation/litigation:

Miller:  "You had cause to fire me, and you know it!  I was on tape talking about paying players.  If that's not cause, nothing is!"

UofA:  "What are you talking about?  We had absolutely no cause to fire you.  So, you paid players?  Who doesn't?!  We call that, 'just doing your job.'"
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #701 on: February 27, 2018, 11:27:50 AM »
Well, that would make for an interesting conversation/litigation:

Miller:  "You had cause to fire me, and you know it!  I was on tape talking about paying players.  If that's not cause, nothing is!"

UofA:  "What are you talking about?  We had absolutely no cause to fire you.  So, you paid players?  Who doesn't?!  We call that, 'just doing your job.'"

"Dammit!  Just admit it!  You know I am dirty and there is no denying it!  On top of it all, I committed dozens of recruiting violations you don't even know about!"
Have some patience, FFS.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #702 on: March 01, 2018, 07:25:23 PM »
So what is now everyone's thought about Sean Miller?

Still RIP?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #703 on: March 01, 2018, 07:33:01 PM »
ESPN is sticking by their story and has actually reverted back to their original timeline.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #704 on: March 01, 2018, 09:21:03 PM »
Miller is a fookin' dead man walkin', hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #705 on: March 01, 2018, 09:23:56 PM »
heard a Tucson or Phx sports reporter on the Score tonight.  he said that Miller hasn't been recruiting since September.  Literally no recruiting. 

Don't know if the assistants are still doing work or if Miller is just a fookin' dead man walkin'.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #706 on: March 02, 2018, 08:58:45 PM »
Brandon Williams decommitted.  He was the last of the 2018 recruiting class.

Zero new players coming in September.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/22626040/class-2018-espn-100-point-guard-brandon-williams-decommits-arizona-wildcats

Next will be the massive transfers and Ayton going pro after the season ends.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #707 on: March 02, 2018, 09:19:44 PM »

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/22626040/class-2018-espn-100-point-guard-brandon-williams-decommits-arizona-wildcats

Has the NCAA lifted the one year eligibility penalty for kids transferring out of programs hit with sanctions in the past? Maybe this could open some doors for us for next season given all the.. ahem, issues... being brought to light right now.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #708 on: March 02, 2018, 09:57:57 PM »

You also predicted Ayton would be ruled ineligible and Miller would be fired and neither would ever see another game for Arizona. In the meantime, Ayton has played in both games and Miller was back coaching last night. So we’ll see how that massive transfers prediction goes. Maybe you’ll go 1 for 3.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #709 on: March 02, 2018, 10:03:15 PM »
I'm confused. So Miller is claiming that wasn't him on the tape?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #710 on: March 02, 2018, 10:24:59 PM »

No. He's claming the player discussed wasn't Ayton. And the player discussed ended up committing elsewhere, so he didn't commit any recruiting violations.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #711 on: March 02, 2018, 10:34:28 PM »

Maybe I'm leaning toward the skeptics' side here, but he sure seems to use some very specific language when talking about the recent reports. Maybe very intentionally specific. He doesn't paint with a broad brush and say he did nothing wrong. He doesn't even mention anything about the wire tap. I'm guessing he got caught discussing a no-no, but what was reported is factually incorrect.

When Miller says that he has never paid a player, that could be true. But he could know that Mr. Rich Alum paid the player a la Blue Chips. Technically, Miller is being honest, but in reality, the situation is an NCAA violation, and possibly even a violation of bribery laws. He says a lot about what he himself hasn't done, but that doesn't mean that no one got paid or that no regulations were violated.

My money is on Miller losing his job once the atual wire tap is reviewed by the NCAA and/or the Arizona admins. For now, it sounds like he's going to continue to skate on thin ice, but the full details will be released eventually.

Miller's presser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2tBSnfV9XM

A great discussion about Miller's presser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3oA-8UkjQk

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #712 on: March 02, 2018, 11:00:38 PM »
I think Arizona realizes that the entire season is going to be vacated, Miller will be gone, and they will be doing a rebuild.

So they mind as well win the whole damn thing...at least they get that for now.  A vacated championship later is still a championship when it occurs.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #713 on: March 02, 2018, 11:11:28 PM »
You also predicted Ayton would be ruled ineligible and Miller would be fired and neither would ever see another game for Arizona. In the meantime, Ayton has played in both games and Miller was back coaching last night. So we’ll see how that massive transfers prediction goes. Maybe you’ll go 1 for 3.

You actually think this is win for you?  You actually think the Board of Regents at AZ has done the right thing?

Becuase correct me if I'm the wrong because I do not recall you arguing Miller is a victim and all this would blow over.

Why are you gleeful that no one has been punished at AZ?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 11:18:28 PM by Tugg Speedman »

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #714 on: March 02, 2018, 11:22:26 PM »
So what is now everyone's thought about Sean Miller?

Still RIP?

Miller probably threatened them with lawsuits and his departure was going to make the program so toxic until this entire thing blows over, which it is not for a while.  So AZ figured they are so F'ed right now anyway they might as well ride out the rest of this season.  Probably all getting vacated anyway.

Or, are you in wadesworld camp that FBI tapes of him talking about payment is a bunch of nothing and all of this will die of boredom and go away?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #715 on: March 02, 2018, 11:55:11 PM »
I'm fully expecting Arizona to go to the Final Four now. Probably be joined by Michigan State, Auburn, and Louisville.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #716 on: March 03, 2018, 12:29:04 AM »
You actually think this is win for you?  You actually think the Board of Regents at AZ has done the right thing?

Becuase correct me if I'm the wrong because I do not recall you arguing Miller is a victim and all this would blow over.

That's not what you were arguing at all.  Not even remotely close.  So I guess if you want to shift the goalposts that works.  I'm not gleeful about anything.  You were simply wrong, and in fact I believe you even posted that Ayton would not play another game for Arizona in his career AFTER they had already declared him ELIGIBLE for their next game.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #717 on: March 03, 2018, 12:37:51 AM »

That represents nothing about what Wades said or about your original prognostications

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #718 on: March 03, 2018, 12:38:52 AM »
Miller probably threatened them with lawsuits and his departure was going to make the program so toxic until this entire thing blows over, which it is not for a while.  So AZ figured they are so F'ed right now anyway they might as well ride out the rest of this season.  Probably all getting vacated anyway.

Or, are you in wadesworld camp that FBI tapes of him talking about payment is a bunch of nothing and all of this will die of boredom and go away?

I was just curious if people's initial thoughts had changed

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #719 on: March 03, 2018, 12:40:52 AM »
That's not what you were arguing at all.  Not even remotely close.  So I guess if you want to shift the goalposts that works.  I'm not gleeful about anything.  You were simply wrong, and in fact I believe you even posted that Ayton would not play another game for Arizona in his career AFTER they had already declared him ELIGIBLE for their next game.

Heisys response was.. weird..

But pretty standard. He makes a prediction. It turns out to be wrong. Someone points it out to him. He intentionally misstates/changes the statement made by "someone". Then shifts the goalposts of his original position

MU82

• All American
« Reply #720 on: March 03, 2018, 06:04:28 AM »

Smuggles:

The way I read what wades had said, he simply was happy to see you being wrong (again) after being so smug and positive about an opinion disguised as a "fact."

See, when a guy is so cocksure about every freakin' thing that he actually brags about his smugness, and then when instead of tanking the stock goes from 90 to 180, others get a little kick out of that.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #721 on: March 03, 2018, 07:14:00 AM »
Miller is just muddin' the da fookin' cesspool stink. He's a deadman walkin' byein' sum tyme, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #722 on: March 03, 2018, 07:44:01 AM »
Smuggles:

The way I read what wades had said, he simply was happy to see you being wrong (again) after being so smug and positive about an opinion disguised as a "fact."

See, when a guy is so cocksure about every freakin' thing that he actually brags about his smugness, and then when instead of tanking the stock goes from 90 to 180, others get a little kick out of that.

I wrote “Ayton has played his last game” so wades believes the most important part of that is I was wrong?  However if I wrote “Ayton SHOULD have played his last game” then all of this goes away and wades probably agrees with me?

That what this is about, small minds correcting writing styles because that is more important than the subject.  And that is why people come to this thread, to watch others correct styles and grammar.

Hey Wades, I’m going to revise my last statement.... now that Miller weaseled out of getting fired, and the entire 2018 class has bailed on him, and if the previous post is correct that he has not gone on a recruiting trip since September, And Ayton will go pro, we should expect massive numbers of transfers this spring.”

Feel better now?

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #723 on: March 03, 2018, 10:08:03 AM »
After all this time, are we experiencing a break through?  Sure, it's smug and argumentative...but it does exhibit at least a trace of self-awareness.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #724 on: March 03, 2018, 11:57:21 AM »
Miller is just muddin' the da fookin' cesspool stink. He's a deadman walkin' byein' sum tyme, aina?

deadman walkin' or deadman circling the drain?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.