[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by THRILLHO
[Today at 04:05:24 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1894063 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: NM
« Reply #1350 on: September 30, 2017, 11:51:20 AM »
This.

Since Mt. Rushmore season is over, let's power rank Rick Rubin produced albums.

In my opinion in the mix are: Blood Sugar, License To Ill, Californication by RHCP, Jay Z the Black Album, Adele 21, Yeezus

1. License to Ill
2. BSSM
3. The Black Album
4. 21

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Rubin_production_discography

You have to put Raising Hell in there. Probably did more to introduce rap to the masses than any other album.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1351 on: September 30, 2017, 12:01:58 PM »
You have to put Raising Hell in there. Probably did more to introduce rap to the masses than any other album.

Good call, missed it during my first pass.  And reviewing the list again, I would find room for Public Enemy "It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1352 on: September 30, 2017, 12:13:33 PM »
Good call, missed it during my first pass.  And reviewing the list again, I would find room for Public Enemy "It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back"

Yep. Good one.

The problem with some of his later producing credits is that I'm not sure how much "producing" he is really doing. Vanessa Carlton's album was good, but the wiki article about the album doesn't even list Rubin as a producer.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #1353 on: September 30, 2017, 02:26:01 PM »
She stuck her hind leg through my headlight, knocked the plastic bumper loose, and kept running.

and the officer bought that?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1354 on: September 30, 2017, 05:48:56 PM »
and the officer bought that?

I just hope the deer had good insurance.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1355 on: September 30, 2017, 07:12:01 PM »
No officer involved.   Kept driving.   Hitting deer in Michigan is almost like hitting a pothole.   The car is still driveable, the fur is still in the hood.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1356 on: October 01, 2017, 04:47:16 PM »
No officer involved.   Kept driving.   Hitting deer in Michigan is almost like hitting a pothole.   The car is still driveable, the fur is still in the hood.

And right now the deer is saying "Kicking cars around here is like running into branches.  I can still run."

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1357 on: October 01, 2017, 05:10:59 PM »
And right now the deer is saying "Kicking cars around here is like running into branches.  I can still run."

It's amazing how tame they have become in some areas.  Once I was driving on a relatively major road (for the U.P., at least), and I had to stop because a doe was standing right in the middle of it, nursing a fawn.  She looks up at me as if she was saying, "What the hell are you looking at?", and didn't budge.
Have some patience, FFS.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1358 on: October 01, 2017, 07:38:04 PM »
It's amazing how tame they have become in some areas.  Once I was driving on a relatively major road (for the U.P., at least), and I had to stop because a doe was standing right in the middle of it, nursing a fawn.  She looks up at me as if she was saying, "What the hell are you looking at?", and didn't budge.

Yep.  The other evening, I was on a walk at dusk.  I was walking past some trees - about 10 feet away - and noticed a deer standing right there.  I kept walking and keeping an eye on the deer, and it just watched me walk by.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #1359 on: October 02, 2017, 01:17:49 PM »

Back in the day, a few of us went paint balling on a fall Saturday and on the way back going down a two-lane county highway when our caravan of 4-5 cars scared up a flock of pheasant that were along the side of the road.  Once we got back onto 41, our car passed the guy who was in front when the birds flew up, and there hanging from the front of his car, with it's neck wedged into the gap between the hood and headlight, was one of the birds.  We almost ran off the road laughing... not so much at the bird, but from trying to communicate to the other driver (who couldn't see the bird he hit) that there was a bird hanging from the front of his car.  Rough times before cell phones.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1360 on: October 02, 2017, 04:32:40 PM »

Rough times before cell phones.

Reminds me of the summer between my junior and senior years in HS.  A friend and I took a summer-long trip - splitting time between my aunt's house in FL and his uncle's place in TX.  We called a few times, but often weeks would pass where we never called at all.  Between the long distance charges, the lack of cell phones and our teenage need to show we were "grown up" (ha!), we rarely bothered.  There were days when my parents would never even have had a clue what state we were in.  And I had just turned 17.

Talk about back in the day....

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1361 on: October 02, 2017, 05:09:10 PM »
We have deer around here, but the wild animals that get me are the turkeys.  A few years back I was trying to pass a back road where there was a turkey in the road.  It would not move to let me get by.  I would veer a little left and it would move to block me and move to the right and it would do the same, honking or barking or whatever it is they do at me.  I finally got around it and came across a policeman standing over some road work maybe 50 yards further down the road and he was having a good laugh and waved me over  I pulled over to talk to him and he said he'd been watching the turkey do that to car after car for the past hour or so.  Those are some ornery birds.  No wonder Ben Franklin wanted to make them our national symbol instead of the bald eagle.  There were plenty of them around a few years ago, but I haven't seen any in more than a year, I think.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1362 on: October 03, 2017, 05:28:54 PM »
We have deer around here, but the wild animals that get me are the turkeys.  A few years back I was trying to pass a back road where there was a turkey in the road.  It would not move to let me get by.  I would veer a little left and it would move to block me and move to the right and it would do the same, honking or barking or whatever it is they do at me.  I finally got around it and came across a policeman standing over some road work maybe 50 yards further down the road and he was having a good laugh and waved me over  I pulled over to talk to him and he said he'd been watching the turkey do that to car after car for the past hour or so.  Those are some ornery birds.  No wonder Ben Franklin wanted to make them our national symbol instead of the bald eagle.  There were plenty of them around a few years ago, but I haven't seen any in more than a year, I think.

Lots of turkeys around here, but I've never had one block my way in the road.  Most of my encounters have been when riding my bike, and they always scatter.  Your turkey encounter reminds me of the bison in Rocky Mountain National Park.  They take their sweet time crossing the road.

On the bike, my biggest fear is squirrels.  They're ridiculously unpredictable.  They seem to be running safely out of the way...only to dart straight toward my wheels when I'm right on them.  Crazy.  I just hold a straight line to increase my chances of staying upright if one ever darts under a wheel....

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #1363 on: October 04, 2017, 10:36:25 AM »
Lots of turkeys around here, but I've never had one block my way in the road.  Most of my encounters have been when riding my bike, and they always scatter.  Your turkey encounter reminds me of the bison in Rocky Mountain National Park.  They take their sweet time crossing the road.

On the bike, my biggest fear is squirrels.  They're ridiculously unpredictable.  They seem to be running safely out of the way...only to dart straight toward my wheels when I'm right on them.  Crazy.  I just hold a straight line to increase my chances of staying upright if one ever darts under a wheel....

;D There's a classic joke (a bit long though) your post reminds me of:

I never dreamed slowly cruising on motorcycle through a residential neighborhood could be so incredibly dangerous! Little did I suspect.... 

I was on Brice Street - a very nice neighborhood with perfect lawns and slow traffic. As I passed an on coming car a brown furry missile shot out from under it and tumbled to a stop immediately in front of me.

It was a squirrel and it must have been trying to run across the road when it encountered the car. I really was not going very fast but there was no time to brake or avoid it -- it was that close. I hate to run over animals and I really hate it on a motorcycle but a squirrel should pose no danger to me.

I barely had time to brace for the impact. Animal lovers never fear. Squirrels I discovered can take care of themselves.

Inches before impact the squirrel flipped to his feet. He was standing on his hind legs and facing my oncoming Victory Cross Country Tour with steadfast resolve in his beady little eyes.

His mouth opened and at the last possible second he screamed and leaped!

I was pretty sure the scream was Squirrel for "Banzai!" or maybe "Die you gravy sucking heathen scum!" The leap was nothing short of spectacular...

He shot straight up, flew over my windshield and impacted me squarely in the chest. Instantly he set upon me. If I did not know better I would have sworn he brought 20 of his little buddies along for the attack.

Snarling, hissing, and tearing at my clothes, he was a frenzy of activity. As I was dressed only in a light T-shirt, summer riding gloves and jeans, this was a bit of a cause for concern. This furry little tornado was doing some damage!

Picture a large man on a huge Sunset Red touring bike, dressed in jeans, a T-shirt and leather gloves, puttering at maybe 25 MPH down a quiet residential street and in the fight of his life with a squirrel.

And losing...

I grabbed for him with my left hand. After a few misses I finally managed to snag his tail. With all my strength I flung the evil rodent off to the left of the bike, almost running into the right curb as I recoiled from the throw. That should have done it. The matter should have ended right there.

It really should have. The squirrel could have sailed into one of the pristine kept yards and gone on about his business and I could have headed home. No one would have been the wiser. But this was no ordinary squirrel. This was not even an ordinary angry squirrel. This was an EVIL MUTANT ATTACK SQUIRREL OF DEATH! Twisted Evil.

Some how he caught my gloved finger with one of his little paws and with the force of my throw, swung around and with a resounding thump and an amazing impact, landed squarely on my BACK and resumed his rather antisocial and extremely distracting activities. He also managed to take my left glove with him! The situation was not improved, not improved at all.

His attacks were continuing and now I could not reach him. I was startled to say the least. The combination of the force of the throw, only having one hand (the throttle hand) on the handle bars, and my jerking back unfortunately put a healthy twist through my right hand and into the throttle. A healthy twist on the throttle of a Victory Cross Country Tour can only have one result.

Torque.

That is what the Victory Cross Country Tour is made for, and she is very, very good at it.

The engine roared and the front wheel left the pavement.

The squirrel screamed in anger.

The Victory Cross Country Tour screamed in ecstasy.

I screamed in ... well ... I just plain screamed.

Now picture a man on the huge Sunset Red touring bike, dressed in jeans, a slightly squirrel torn T-shirt, wearing only one leather glove and roaring at maybe 50 MPH and rapidly accelerating down a quiet residential street on one wheel with a demonic squirrel of death on his back.

The man and the squirrel are both screaming bloody murder.

With the sudden acceleration, I was forced to put my other hand back on the handlebars and try to get control of the bike.

This was leaving the mutant squirrel to his own devices, but I really did not want to crash into somebodies tree, house or parked car. Also, I had not yet figured out how to release the throttle ... my brain was just simply overloaded. I did manage to mash the back brake, but it had little effect against the massive power the the big touring bike.

About this time the squirrel decided I was not paying sufficient attention to this very serious battle (maybe he was an evil mutant NAZI attack squirrel of death), and he came around my neck and INSIDE my full-face helmet with me.

As the face shield closed part way, he began hissing in my face. I am quite sure my screaming changed intensity. It had little effect on the squirrel however. The RPM's on the Freedom 106 maxed out (since I was not bothering with shifting at the moment), so her front end started to drop.

Now picture a large man on a huge Sunset Red touring bike, dressed in jeans, a very raggedly torn T-shirt, wearing only one leather glove, roaring at probably 80 MPH, still on one wheel, with a large puffy squirrel's tail sticking out of the mostly closed full-face helmet. By now the screams are probably getting a little horse.

Finally I got the upper hand ... I managed to grab his tail again, pulled him out of my helmet and slung him to the left as hard as I could. This time it worked ... sort of.

Spectacularly sort-of, so to speak.

Picture a new scene. You are a cop. You and your partner have pulled off on a quiet residential street and parked with your windows down to do some paperwork. Suddenly a large man on a huge Sunset Red touring bike, dressed in jeans, a torn T-shirt flapping in the breeze, and wearing only one leather glove, moving at probably 80 MPH on one wheel and screaming bloody murder roars by and with all his strength throws a live mutant squirrel into your police car.

I heard screams.

This time they weren't mine...

I managed to get the big motorcycle under control and dropped the front wheel to the ground. I then used maximum braking and skidded to a stop in a cloud of tire smoke at the stop sign of a busy cross street. I would have returned to fess up (and to get my glove back), I really would have. Really ... Except for two things.

First, the cops did not seem interested or the slightest bit concerned about me at the moment. When I looked back, the doors on both sides of the patrol car were flung open. The cop from the passenger side was on his back doing a crab walk into some body's front yard quickly moving away from the car. The cop who had been in the driver's seat was standing in the street aiming a riot gun at his own police car.

So, the cops were not interested in me. They often insist to "let the professionals handle it" anyway.

That was one thing. The other?

Well, I could clearly see shredded and flying pieces of foam and upholstery from the back seat. But I could also swear I saw the squirrel in the back window, shaking his little fist at me. That is one dangerous squirrel. And now has a patrol car. A somewhat shredded patrol car ... but it was all his.

I took a deep breath, turned on my turn signal, made a gentle right turn off of Brice Street and sedately left the neighborhood. I decided it was best to just buy myself a new pair of gloves. And a whole lot of Band-Aids.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1364 on: October 04, 2017, 01:11:52 PM »
Ok...so I'm going to think twice next time I come up on a squirrel.  ;D

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #1365 on: October 04, 2017, 02:07:12 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MziwbQv9zQ0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MziwbQv9zQ0</a>
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1366 on: October 05, 2017, 05:53:43 PM »
Stir-fry tonight.

White rice, brown rice or quinoa?

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #1367 on: October 05, 2017, 06:36:38 PM »
Stir-fry tonight.

I'm a brown rice guy but i can't make fried rice with it without huge clumps of starchy rice.  if you figure out how to avoid that please share.

So.....white rice for stir fry for me

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1368 on: October 05, 2017, 06:48:35 PM »
Stir-fry tonight.

I haven't eaten quinoa ever since I found out that Bolivian people were starving because American health nuts have driven up the demand for their native food staple so much that they couldn't afford to buy it anymore.

Plus it tastes like ass.
Have some patience, FFS.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1369 on: October 05, 2017, 07:09:43 PM »
So you’re an authority on ass tastin’, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1370 on: October 05, 2017, 07:10:41 PM »
Stir-fry tonight.

[/quo

Q, no question, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #1371 on: October 05, 2017, 07:23:28 PM »
Not to burst your bubble doc, but quinoa is a grain.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1372 on: October 05, 2017, 07:27:42 PM »
Not to burst your bubble doc, but quinoa is a grain.

Didn’t say I wood eat it. Butt, its a much bedder choice dan rice, four those who do, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1373 on: October 05, 2017, 09:13:50 PM »
I haven't eaten quinoa ever since I found out that Bolivian people were starving because American health nuts have driven up the demand for their native food staple so much that they couldn't afford to buy it anymore.

Plus it tastes like ass.

I could understand many descriptions about the taste of quinoa, but ass isn't one of them.

Have you boycotted all Chinese-made goods yet, since we know American demand makes them work in appalling conditions?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1374 on: October 05, 2017, 09:16:30 PM »
I could understand many descriptions about the taste of quinoa, but ass isn't one of them.

Have you boycotted all Chinese-made goods yet, since we know American demand makes them work in appalling conditions?

Buying Chinese goods isn't making rice so expensive that Chinese people are starving to death.
Have some patience, FFS.