[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1893360 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: NM
« Reply #1050 on: September 03, 2017, 07:02:46 PM »
If you are talking about Tex Mex, I agree with you. Most overrated food genre IMHO. But there are some great food joints down here if you know where to look, especially the BBQ.
Agree on the BBQ, particularly if you can get it earlier in the day when it is moister
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1051 on: September 03, 2017, 08:22:35 PM »
Grain-free?  If I got rid of oatmeal, pasta, bread, cookies and such, I'm not sure I'd care how my gut felt....

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #1052 on: September 03, 2017, 08:30:24 PM »
So, why was Walmart so damned busy this weekend. Went to buy some motor oil. Geez, shopping carts just packed and 5-8 deep at every register. Just a madhouse.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1053 on: September 03, 2017, 09:36:26 PM »
So, why was Walmart so damned busy this weekend. Went to buy some motor oil. Geez, shopping carts just packed and 5-8 deep at every register. Just a madhouse.

Back to school shopping?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1054 on: September 03, 2017, 10:39:49 PM »
If you are talking about Tex Mex, I agree with you. Most overrated food genre IMHO. But there are some great food joints down here if you know where to look, especially the BBQ.

My favorite description of Tex Mex came from my buddy Al, who is a 2nd generation Mexican immigrant from the San Antonio area. He told me that Tex Mex came about when Mexicans realized that they could charge white people $30 for a plate of strip steak and some tortillas.

Tex Mex is a large part of it, yes. I don't find that Texas does anything better than anyone else they claim to. I have a yearly Houston trip and the developers down there swear by these places every year, but they end up by large bland. It's actually becoming a joke with these guys.

BBQ? Keep it, other locals are more original and better.

What is Texas claim to culinary fame? Whataburger? I'll take In N' Out, easily.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1055 on: September 03, 2017, 11:09:47 PM »
Tex Mex is a large part of it, yes. I don't find that Texas does anything better than anyone else they claim to. I have a yearly Houston trip and the developers down there swear by these places every year, but they end up by large bland. It's actually becoming a joke with these guys.

BBQ? Keep it, other locals are more original and better.

What is Texas claim to culinary fame? Whataburger? I'll take In N' Out, easily.

Well if you're experience of food in Texas is based on Houston than I don't blame you. Easily the worst of the major Texas cities for the food scene. I'd even rank it behind El Paso and Lubbock.  Austin and San Antonio have the best eats in the state. I would say Texas' claim to culinary fame is BBQ (no good BBQ joints in Houston so I'd give it another try if I were you) and Mexican (not Tex Mex). The one thing Houston does have is a surprisingly good Korean restaurant scene. No idea why but there are some great joints down there.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1056 on: September 04, 2017, 07:48:10 AM »

Neva bin in Walmart. Watt dey cell der, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #1057 on: September 04, 2017, 08:04:43 AM »
Doomsday prepping....apparently you haven't heard.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #1058 on: September 04, 2017, 08:06:47 AM »
Toothpaste and dental floss.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1059 on: September 04, 2017, 09:26:32 AM »
Grain-free?  If I got rid of oatmeal, pasta, bread, cookies and such, I'm not sure I'd care how my gut felt....

My theory is that eating healthy doesn't actually make you live longer. It just makes the time pass more slowly.
Have some patience, FFS.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #1060 on: September 04, 2017, 09:45:16 AM »
My theory is that eating healthy doesn't actually make you live longer. It just makes the time pass more slowly.

I've heard this joke before.  My personal experience, losing 50 lbs greatly improved my health and energy. I've slept better.  Quality of life greatly improved.

I eat healthy probably 80% of the time so I can eat whatever I want 20% of the time.  Plus, you can actually eat healthy food that tastes good.  It's a huge myth that eating healthy means you have to eat poor tasting food.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #1061 on: September 04, 2017, 09:46:13 AM »

You forgot my favorite grain: Beer.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1062 on: September 04, 2017, 11:44:37 AM »

Well, you just keep on belivin' dat, sista, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #1063 on: September 04, 2017, 12:27:49 PM »
Well, you just keep on belivin' dat, sista, hey?

Tha grainz have infected her thinkin capasity, ain''er?

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1064 on: September 04, 2017, 01:01:41 PM »

I got my 4ever -> English dictionary at a Walmart. Other than that, not much worth getting...

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1065 on: September 04, 2017, 06:22:14 PM »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1066 on: September 04, 2017, 07:19:21 PM »

It must be far more effort to repeatedly use your busted grammar. Knowing you didn't always type like a simpleton, why the change?
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

4everwarriors

• All American
Re:
« Reply #1067 on: September 04, 2017, 07:57:30 PM »
Some posters will contribute to this board as if their input shapes the course of world peace negotiations. I don't and I have far bigger fish to fry. Its merely a diversion from reality. Over the years, however, I've seen the infighting, name calling, penis and vagina measuring increase to an embarassing level. The pontificating of some posters is, in fact, disgusting. No one's chit here smells like Chanel #5.
So, I prefer to make light of virtually all discourse unless its a serious topic of discussion, I'm P.O.'ed, or I just feel like it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 08:23:29 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
Re:
« Reply #1068 on: September 04, 2017, 07:59:25 PM »
Some posters will contribute to this board as if their input shapes the course of world peace negotiations. I don't and I have far bigger fish to fry. Its merely a diversion from reality. Over the years, however, I seen the in fighting, name calling, penis and vagina measuring increase to an embarassing level. The pontificating of some posters is, in fact, disgusting. No one's chit here smells like Chanel #5.
So, I prefer to make light of virtually all discourse unless its a serious topic of discussion, I'm P.O.'ed, or I just feel like it.

I feel u kin! (nh)
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1069 on: September 04, 2017, 08:02:59 PM »
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re:
« Reply #1070 on: September 04, 2017, 08:07:04 PM »
Some posters will contribute to this board as if their input shapes the course of world peace negotiations. I don't and I have far bigger fish to fry. Its merely a diversion from reality. Over the years, however, I seen the in fighting, name calling, penis and vagina measuring increase to an embarassing level. The pontificating of some posters is, in fact, disgusting. No one's chit here smells like Chanel #5.

you da man! 
don't...don't don't don't don't

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re:
« Reply #1071 on: September 04, 2017, 08:17:44 PM »
Some posters will contribute to this board as if their input shapes the course of world peace negotiations. I don't and I have far bigger fish to fry. Its merely a diversion from reality. Over the years, however, I seen the infighting, name calling, penis and vagina measuring increase to an embarassing level. The pontificating of some posters is, in fact, disgusting. No one's chit here smells like Chanel #5.

FWIW, I for one love it.  Gives the board personality

real chili 83

• All American
Re:
« Reply #1072 on: September 04, 2017, 08:26:48 PM »
Some posters will contribute to this board as if their input shapes the course of world peace negotiations. I don't and I have far bigger fish to fry. Its merely a diversion from reality. Over the years, however, I've seen the infighting, name calling, penis and vagina measuring increase to an embarassing level. The pontificating of some posters is, in fact, disgusting. No one's chit here smells like Chanel #5.

Mi chit smels lik channel num 5 a'aaaiaana.

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re:
« Reply #1073 on: September 04, 2017, 08:56:18 PM »

King's English or doc speak no matter - you're a Scoop legend!

Crean sucks.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
Re:
« Reply #1074 on: September 04, 2017, 09:10:08 PM »

Considering you're the biggest motherunnatural carnal knowledgeer on this board who has engaged in a dick measuring contest for years, this is outstanding.

feedback