[Today at 09:52:10 AM]

Where is Marquette? by muwarrior69
[Today at 09:46:37 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 09:25:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by MarquetteDano
[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1895491 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: NM
« Reply #9675 on: February 17, 2021, 04:17:35 PM »

*People who throw towels and/or scraps on the floor (i.e., slobs) are another topic for another day.

Proof that there is an exception to every rule.

After washing and drying my hands, I ALWAYS use the paper towel to open the door on the way out. I've seen too many people walk straight from the urinal or stall to the door. So I open the door and look for a nearby trash can. Sometimes there is one conveniently near the door. Other times it's several feet away, next to a sink. In the latter instances, I try to do my best Markus Howard shot into the trash...but alas, I am no Markus Howard.

So sometimes I'm one of those people who 'threw' a towel on the floor...but it is NOT because I am a slob.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9676 on: February 17, 2021, 04:21:03 PM »

Proof that there is an exception to every rule.

After washing and drying my hands, I ALWAYS use the paper towel to open the door on the way out. I've seen too many people walk straight from the urinal or stall to the door. So I open the door and look for a nearby trash can. Sometimes there is one conveniently near the door. Other times it's several feet away, next to a sink. In the latter instances, I try to do my best Markus Howard shot into the trash...but alas, I am no Markus Howard.

So sometimes I'm one of those people who 'threw' a towel on the floor...but it is specifically because I am NOT a slob.

I do the same -- use the towel to open the door, not a Markus Howard impression. Fortunately, more and more bathrooms are putting a trashcan near the door. In the increasingly rare cases where there isn't one, I usually usually wad it up and hold onto it until I see one (usually not long) or shove it in my pocket.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9677 on: February 17, 2021, 04:29:16 PM »
Seems like the Jaguars were just being sarcastic when they said they were hiring Urban Meyer.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dress-for-success-jaguars-make-teal-uniforms-their-new-primary-home-color-for-2021/

Kinda figured it was just a joke.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #9678 on: February 17, 2021, 04:32:02 PM »
Seems like the Jaguars were just being sarcastic when they said they were hiring Urban Meyer.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dress-for-success-jaguars-make-teal-uniforms-their-new-primary-home-color-for-2021/

I never realized they left teal.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9679 on: February 17, 2021, 04:45:41 PM »
I do the same -- use the towel to open the door, not a Markus Howard impression. Fortunately, more and more bathrooms are putting a trashcan near the door. In the increasingly rare cases where there isn't one, I usually usually wad it up and hold onto it until I see one (usually not long) or shove it in my pocket.

I do that if there isn't a trash can within my shooting range. Unfortunately, sometimes I get a little too optimistic about my shot-making ability.

I would never just toss it on the floor on purpose if there isn't a trash can....

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #9680 on: February 17, 2021, 05:01:55 PM »

Was one of the top 3 stories this morning on WOKV 104.5 Jacksonville.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #9681 on: February 17, 2021, 06:10:15 PM »
I'd rather piss on my hands than use those cloth towels on a big roll things.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9682 on: February 17, 2021, 06:18:00 PM »

+1
Maigh Eo for Sam

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9683 on: February 17, 2021, 07:38:31 PM »

As long as you don’t have a UTI, at least piss is sterile.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #9684 on: February 17, 2021, 07:41:04 PM »

I know, Bear Grils taught me that.

StateStreetMission

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #9685 on: February 17, 2021, 07:51:03 PM »
If drinking urine was your survivalist backup plan, we've got some bad news. The rumor that your pee is sterile is, well, a rumor. Scientists have found that urine in healthy individuals naturally contains bacteria, so urine isn't quite as “clean” as myths have led us to believe.Jan 8, 2021
www.healthline.com › health › is-ur...

lessthannick11

• Team Captain
« Reply #9686 on: February 17, 2021, 07:54:11 PM »
If drinking urine was your survivalist backup plan, we've got some bad news. The rumor that your pee is sterile is, well, a rumor. Scientists have found that urine in healthy individuals naturally contains bacteria, so urine isn't quite as “clean” as myths have led us to believe.Jan 8, 2021

Either way, still a delicious cocktail

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9687 on: February 17, 2021, 09:34:15 PM »

Probably still healthier than Monster, hey?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9688 on: February 18, 2021, 06:32:26 AM »

This is a common misconception.  Urine is not sterile.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9689 on: February 18, 2021, 09:04:36 AM »
This is a common misconception.  Urine is not sterile.

Shoulda used teal. I thought the context (responding to a post about pissing on hands) would have made that clear. My bad, I guess.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #9690 on: February 18, 2021, 09:11:40 AM »

Shoulda used teal. I thought the context (responding to a post about pissing on hands) would have made that clear. My bad, I guess.

And here I believed and trusted you.  Will I die?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9691 on: February 18, 2021, 09:25:33 AM »
And here I believed and trusted you.  Will I die?

Nah. Still healthier than Monster or Red Bull. No teal required.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #9692 on: February 19, 2021, 08:11:43 AM »
My son woke us up at 1am to tell us he had a pain in his leg.   This morning I'm explaining it was probably a cramp .. and former MU great Dom James used to go down in games, writhing in pain due to cramps.

Told him if it happens again to not wake us up, and instead go to the fridge and grab a jar of pickles and drink the juice.

Also, this website looks fun:  https://picklepower.com

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9693 on: February 19, 2021, 08:21:29 AM »
My son woke us up at 1am to tell us he had a pain in his leg.   This morning I'm explaining it was probably a cramp .. and former MU great Dom James used to go down in games, writhing in pain due to cramps.

Told him if it happens again to not wake us up, and instead go to the fridge and grab a jar of pickles and drink the juice.

Think they could get Arby's to sell this stuff in their stores?

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #9694 on: February 19, 2021, 03:08:42 PM »

Lol, one of the featured reviews was from Kenneth Noisewater. I wonder if he knows a James Westfall.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #9695 on: February 20, 2021, 01:42:39 AM »
Meat Mountain.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9696 on: February 20, 2021, 02:51:54 AM »
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9697 on: February 21, 2021, 07:52:25 AM »
And in the latest installment of Stupid Criminals ...

In an angry and vulgar letter commemorating his 20 years in prison, Joel Cliett promised to kill his trial judge, the judge’s family, his Gaston County prosecutor, the jury, and “everyone who lied on me.”

“I’ve done 20 years for a crime that never happened, and you have my word that I am going to kill you,” Cliett told retired Superior Court Judge Marcus Johnson of Charlotte in his letter.

“There’s nothing you can do to me.”

This week, federal prosecutors proved otherwise. They indicted Cliett on the charge of mailing threatening communications, which carries a maximum 10-year prison sentence. His letter appears in the indictment filed this week by the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Charlotte.

Cliett, 44, and a prisoner at Alexander Correctional Institution, already is serving just under a 50-year sentence, which includes his 2001 conviction in Gaston County for first-degree sexual offense.

According to court documents, Cliett volunteered to fix a window in a woman’s trailer that had been broken out by her boyfriend during an argument. When Cliett began talking about becoming the woman’s boyfriend himself, she asked him to leave.

Cliett came back that night, with a knife, according to court documents. That night, after the woman had fallen asleep on her couch, she awoke just after midnight to find Cliett on top of her. When she screamed for help, Cliett punched and molested her, threatening to rape her daughter when he finished raping her. The jury convicted him of first-degree sexual offense and communicating threats. Cliett was sentenced to between 24 to almost 30 years in prison.

While in prison, according to state records, Cliett has been found guilty of 110 infractions, including the 2011 shanking of a prison guard and multiple instances of threatening to injure staff. He is scheduled for release in 2049.

Now that may be pushed back.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9698 on: February 22, 2021, 07:44:30 PM »
Freshman hits two grand slams in one inning...in his first two collegiate at bats.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/30936799/florida-atlantic-freshman-caleb-pendleton-hits-2-grand-slams-first-2-plate-appearances

It’s all downhill from here....

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #9699 on: February 22, 2021, 07:48:05 PM »

feedback