[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1893671 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: NM
« Reply #8775 on: July 13, 2020, 09:45:29 AM »
And Vander in Rowsey's roster spot

Rowsey should definitely remain on the team. Deiner's getting older so they'll need 3pt shooting. Vander will not replace that.
Maigh Eo for Sam

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #8776 on: July 13, 2020, 09:52:33 AM »
Rowsey should definitely remain on the team. Deiner's getting older so they'll need 3pt shooting. Vander will not replace that.
I'd argue that they have plenty of 3pt shooting without Diener (1 in TBT) or Rowsey (1 in TBT). Much as I loved Rowsey at MU, he doesn't have the size/athleticism/willingness to play adequate D against TBT caliber players. Vander has all those things, plus slashing ability plus NBA experience.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #8777 on: July 13, 2020, 10:02:08 AM »
I'd argue that they have plenty of 3pt shooting without Diener (1 in TBT) or Rowsey (1 in TBT). Much as I loved Rowsey at MU, he doesn't have the size/athleticism/willingness to play adequate D against TBT caliber players. Vander has all those things, plus slashing ability plus NBA experience.

That's fair. But he managed a 40pt game in the GLeague. I mean that's definitely TBT level standard IMO. Just unsure what Vander brings. We have better driving at the 2 from DJO and Buycks Plus than enough scoring. Rowsey replaces shooting that Jake Thomas/Deiner were in to bring
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #8778 on: July 13, 2020, 10:17:48 AM »
It's a testament to how deep we are that Rowsey can average 19 ppg in the G League and barely get any run with this team.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #8779 on: July 13, 2020, 10:18:53 AM »
Henry in Luke’s roster spot next year on TBT?? Wow they would be good!

It would be interesting to see Henry’s rebounding ability in TBT. It feels like there’s a lot of tipped rebounds, so I don’t know if he’d be athletic enough to corral them instead of tips.

Him and Jamil would be a pretty versatile front court. Although, I don’t know if you take Cook off the court who I think has been one of the best pickups the last few years.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #8780 on: July 13, 2020, 10:42:42 AM »
It would be interesting to see Henry’s rebounding ability in TBT. It feels like there’s a lot of tipped rebounds, so I don’t know if he’d be athletic enough to corral them instead of tips.

Him and Jamil would be a pretty versatile front court. Although, I don’t know if you take Cook off the court who I think has been one of the best pickups the last few years.

There's no easy rebounds for Henry to get in the TBT
Maigh Eo for Sam

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #8781 on: July 13, 2020, 10:53:51 AM »

I'd much rather have Elgin Cook play 25 minutes a game on the TBT team instead of Henry. That's not a shot at Hank, Cook has just been that good.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #8782 on: July 13, 2020, 10:57:45 AM »
That's fair. But he managed a 40pt game in the GLeague. I mean that's definitely TBT level standard IMO. Just unsure what Vander brings. We have better driving at the 2 from DJO and Buycks Plus than enough scoring. Rowsey replaces shooting that Jake Thomas/Deiner were in to bring
Oh yeah, Rowsey definitely does one thing incredibly, incredibly well. If he were a foot taller he'd be the second coming of Steve Novak, with the NBA career to go with it. But at 5'10" he is what he was at MU--a toss up whether his scoring outweighs his defensive deficits.

I like him as an option, but if I were forced to chose for that roster spot, I'm taking the bigger, faster, more athletic slasher who can also play really good defense, and while he is no Rowsey from 3pt, he isn't a total bricklayer either.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #8783 on: July 13, 2020, 03:25:28 PM »
D'oh! Ellenson! That proves how irrelevant he is!

Also keep your TBT crap out of here. Wrong thread

Also, my autocorrect keeps turning "Ellenson" to "Ellen's on" which is also hilarious.

Henry, Ellen's on! You don't want to miss your favorite talk show!
Have some patience, FFS.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #8784 on: July 13, 2020, 03:59:45 PM »
D'oh! Ellenson! That proves how irrelevant he is!

Also keep your TBT crap out of here. Wrong thread

Also, my autocorrect keeps turning "Ellenson" to "Ellen's on" which is also hilarious.

Henry, Ellen's on! You don't want to miss your favorite talk show!

Speaking of the Ellenson brothers. 
I found out after the Ellenson tenure that my kid's high school cross country cost was Wally before Wally.  Back in the early 90's at Southern Connecticut State Univ he was a D-II All American in the High Jump and he was also on scholarship for the SCSU basketball team.   

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #8785 on: July 13, 2020, 08:49:49 PM »

I think Henry would have the same problem as Gardner who was noT effective  his year at TBT and has not been back since
Goal is National Championship

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #8786 on: July 14, 2020, 12:25:43 PM »
We were driving though Bumblefudge northern Wisconsin this morning and did a radio search.  A few stations were "easy listening."

It made me wonder .. who works at an Easy Listening station.  Wouldn't they effing hate their job?    I mean, I get it.  EL has a place in elevators, hallways, offices.  Background music.

But no one is thinking "man, when I grow up I want to be a DJ at an Easy Listening station.  That'd be awesome."

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #8787 on: July 14, 2020, 03:48:50 PM »
We were driving though Bumblefudge northern Wisconsin this morning and did a radio search.  A few stations were "easy listening."

It made me wonder .. who works at an Easy Listening station.  Wouldn't they effing hate their job?    I mean, I get it.  EL has a place in elevators, hallways, offices.  Background music.

But no one is thinking "man, when I grow up I want to be a DJ at an Easy Listening station.  That'd be awesome."

There are far more people who want to work in the entertainment industry than there are cool jobs.

That's why actors appear in commercials for deodorant.  Or why musicians play for tips in crappy bars.  Or journalists write for tawdry gossip blogs.
Have some patience, FFS.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8788 on: July 14, 2020, 04:16:38 PM »
There are far more people who want to work in the entertainment industry than there are cool jobs.

That's why actors appear in commercials for deodorant.  Or why musicians play for tips in crappy bars.  Or journalists write for tawdry gossip blogs.

Yep. I'm guessing many started with aspirations of being a TV or radio news or talk show host, or at least a DJ at some cutting-edge station. They fall to these jobs because they have openings. It reminds me of my law school days at Vanderbilt, just a few blocks from Music Row. Most of the restaurant servers were musicians who did small gigs on the weekends hoping to be discovered.

And on the plus side...'easy listening' these days often includes Elvis and the Beatles, once consider pretty cutting-edge themselves.... ;)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #8789 on: July 15, 2020, 10:01:24 AM »
Maybe not best covers of all time but some of my favorite covers by rock artists:

Man Who Sold the World - Nirvana
Happy Together - Filter
Jolene - The White Stripes
When I Grow Up - All Time Low
Zombie - Bad Wolves
Heart Shaped Box - Evanescence
The Sound of Silence - Disturbed
I Fought the Law - The Clash
The Ballad of Hollis Brown - Rise Against

Bringing it back to best covers for a moment. One popped up on my playlist today that I had forgotten about but should have included:

Billie Jean - Chris Cornell

Very good version if you've never heard it. Like it better than the original
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #8790 on: July 15, 2020, 10:36:05 AM »
Bringing it back to best covers for a moment. One popped up on my playlist today that I had forgotten about but should have included:

Billie Jean - Chris Cornell

Very good version if you've never heard it. Like it better than the original

Also try Billie Jean by the Civil Wars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=441mR2zsQbg

« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 10:37:57 AM by Warrior Code »
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #8791 on: July 15, 2020, 08:18:35 PM »
So Glow and I were listening to the radio, and he wondered aloud what pop or rock song has been played the greatest number of times in concert by its original artist.  It would have to be someone who has been around a long time and does a lot of touring.

Glow originally came up with "Rock and Roll all Night" by Kiss, but then agreed with my guess of "Come Monday" by Jimmy Buffett. He released the song in 1974, and has toured nearly every summer since then.

Any other guesses?
Have some patience, FFS.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #8792 on: July 15, 2020, 08:35:31 PM »
I would go with Sugar Magnolia by the Grateful Dead.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #8793 on: July 15, 2020, 08:38:52 PM »
I would go with Sugar Magnolia by the Grateful Dead.

Sorry, I should have been clear that it had to be a hit song.

Also, Jerry Garcia has been dead for 25 years.  It's not really the same band.
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #8794 on: July 15, 2020, 08:50:01 PM »
So Glow and I were listening to the radio, and he wondered aloud what pop or rock song has been played the greatest number of times in concert by its original artist.  It would have to be someone who has been around a long time and does a lot of touring.

Glow originally came up with "Rock and Roll all Night" by Kiss, but then agreed with my guess of "Come Monday" by Jimmy Buffett. He released the song in 1974, and has toured nearly every summer since then.

Any other guesses?

Perhaps Born to Run by Bruce, no satisfaction by the stones, with or without you U2.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #8795 on: July 15, 2020, 09:00:56 PM »
Perhaps Born to Run by Bruce, no satisfaction by the stones, with or without you U2.

Born to Run and Satisfaction are good choices.

Others: Paul McCartney “Yesterday”, Billy Joel “Piano Man”, Elton John “Your Song”, Willie Nelson “On the Road Again”, Gladys Knight “Midnight Train to Georgia”.

I left out Bob Dylan because even though he’s toured a ton over the last 50 years his set list constantly changes.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #8796 on: July 15, 2020, 09:10:03 PM »
Buycks djo takin on Duke on acc network rn. Idk why but I've watched this game like 3 times randomly over the last couple years. They just keep airing it

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #8797 on: July 15, 2020, 09:24:10 PM »
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - Rolling Stones 1965
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #8798 on: July 15, 2020, 09:31:12 PM »
Born to Run and Satisfaction are good choices.

Others: Paul McCartney “Yesterday”, Billy Joel “Piano Man”, Elton John “Your Song”, Willie Nelson “On the Road Again”, Gladys Knight “Midnight Train to Georgia”.

I left out Bob Dylan because even though he’s toured a ton over the last 50 years his set list constantly changes.

Bruce might be up there, but he hasn't really toured that much in the past decade.

Paul McCartney and the Stones don't tour every year, and when they do, they are more likely to do a handful of huge places as opposed to  50-60 dates.

The others might be in the running.
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #8799 on: July 15, 2020, 09:34:16 PM »
I am also thinking "Listen to the Music" by the Doobie Brothers is in the running.  It was released in 1972.
Have some patience, FFS.