[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1893321 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: NM
« Reply #7600 on: November 10, 2019, 04:20:38 PM »

Or so she would have us believe....

Plus Pig Pen....yes, she was leading us on the whole time.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7603 on: November 11, 2019, 02:06:41 PM »
Cheeks Go Home!

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-11-10/go-back-to-california-wave-of-newcomers-fuels-backlash-in-boise

When MU played in the tourney in Boise a while back, I talked  to a local who expressed his concern for how Californians were affecting property values. Heard it in Oregon as well.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #7604 on: November 11, 2019, 02:35:53 PM »
When MU played in the tourney in Boise a while back, I talked  to a local who expressed his concern for how Californians were affecting property values. Heard it in Oregon as well.

And Nevada, although the uptick is welcome these days.  They also had a hand in the run-up before the 2008 crash.
Have some patience, FFS.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #7605 on: November 11, 2019, 03:19:13 PM »
Cheeks Go Home!

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-11-10/go-back-to-california-wave-of-newcomers-fuels-backlash-in-boise

Yeah, my hometown in SW Colorado has had the same issue.  Housing is extremely expensive.  Very plain, basic houses pushing $500k+.  Many of my friends who still live in the area have moved to neighboring towns 15-30 miles away. 
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7606 on: November 15, 2019, 04:18:24 PM »
Bill Russell accepts his NBA HOF ring 44 years after he was voted in. Didn't think he should've been the first black player inducted. I only saw him at the very end of his career when I was young, but the guy had a nose for the ball.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28088224/bill-russell-accepts-hall-fame-ring-44-years-induction

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #7607 on: November 16, 2019, 09:52:32 AM »
Didn’t know where to put this but for any bowlers out there Brunswick bowling bough EBI yesterday.

That’s like the equivalent of Verizon buying AT&T

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7608 on: November 16, 2019, 07:09:53 PM »
Didn’t know where to put this but for any bowlers out there Brunswick bowling bough EBI yesterday.

Any of the old-timers remember Bowling With the Champs? I remember watching on Sundays growing up.

Milwaukee might be the only city that could maintain a locally-produced bowling show for 40 years.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #7609 on: November 17, 2019, 10:35:17 AM »

Any of the old-timers remember Bowling With the Champs? I remember watching on Sundays growing up.

Milwaukee might be the only city that could maintain a locally-produced bowling show for 40 years.

Of course. An absolute staple. Hank Stoddard for decades.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7610 on: November 18, 2019, 08:45:50 AM »
Interesting article about a woman who had to choose between opera and basketball in high school, and chose opera.
Sounds like she was pretty good at (and serious about) hoops, but the opera thing seems to have worked out pretty well too.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/13/t-magazine/jnai-bridges.html?action=click&module=Editors%20Picks&pgtype=Homepage

As a high school student in Lakewood, Wash., she ran track and played basketball at the state championship level. She might have gone on to a professional career in basketball, in fact, had she not found opera during her senior year as a chorus member in Puccini’s “Tosca.” When a rehearsal fell on the same day as a finals game, her basketball coach made it clear she had to choose between the two activities. She never played competitive basketball again.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #7611 on: November 18, 2019, 07:23:13 PM »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7612 on: November 19, 2019, 07:09:06 AM »
So I've noticed in recent years, blueberries have gotten bigger, which is stupid and I hate it. Blueberry pancakes worked because blueberries were small. Now when you flip the new, bigger blueberry blueberry pancakes, the large blueberries suspend the cake portion above the skillet, which leads to burning the blueberries and leaving the pancake undercooked.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #7613 on: November 19, 2019, 08:16:58 AM »
So I've noticed in recent years, blueberries have gotten bigger, which is stupid and I hate it. Blueberry pancakes worked because blueberries were small. Now when you flip the new, bigger blueberry blueberry pancakes, the large blueberries suspend the cake portion above the skillet, which leads to burning the blueberries and leaving the pancake undercooked.

Turn the heat down.   ::)

Also, if you buy the prepackaged mix that has a can of "real blueberries", those suckers are tiny.
Have some patience, FFS.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7614 on: November 19, 2019, 08:19:58 AM »
Turn the heat down.   ::)

Also, if you buy the prepackaged mix that has a can of "real blueberries", those suckers are tiny.

My griddle is set to 225. Can't go much lower and cook them effectively. Not my first rodeo, I've been the primary cook in my household for around 20 years. Been thinking I probably need to go frozen, but I prefer fresh.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #7615 on: November 19, 2019, 08:26:21 AM »

Thanks, Obama.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #7616 on: November 19, 2019, 09:33:18 AM »

Meh... I would equate it to Disney buying ESPN (relative to what each company does, not the magnitude).  Brunswick is a lot more than just bowling and has been on an acquisition tear recently.  Ebonite was an easy target.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #7617 on: November 19, 2019, 09:51:12 AM »

Good god, blue berries have been ruined because of how big they're growing them now!  Is it genetic modification or what??  Seriously, someone tell me.   This is not an exaggeration, I will not buy them anymore. 

Here's the deal, the meaty non-skin portion of a blueberry is gritty.  When the berries are small, you don't really notice this.  However, the bigger ones, it becomes very apparent.  As someone who finds texture just about as important as actual taste, I find the larger berries unpalatable. 

The only blueberries I'll eat now are the wild ones we find near our cottage up north. 

Man, it feels good to finally get this off by back!  I feel as if a great weight has been lifted!   

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7618 on: November 19, 2019, 10:04:37 AM »
Man, it feels good to finally get this off by back!  I feel as if a great weight has been lifted!

You and me both.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #7619 on: November 19, 2019, 12:16:55 PM »
Good god, blue berries have been ruined because of how big they're growing them now!  Is it genetic modification or what??  Seriously, someone tell me.   This is not an exaggeration, I will not buy them anymore. 

Here's the deal, the meaty non-skin portion of a blueberry is gritty.  When the berries are small, you don't really notice this.  However, the bigger ones, it becomes very apparent.  As someone who finds texture just about as important as actual taste, I find the larger berries unpalatable. 

The only blueberries I'll eat now are the wild ones we find near our cottage up north. 

I agree for different reasons. Tinier blue berries tend to be a burst of sour flavor but the ridiculous sized ones are incredibly sweet and leave me unsatisfied in my blue berry desires
Maigh Eo for Sam

wiscwarrior

• Starter
« Reply #7620 on: November 19, 2019, 12:36:34 PM »
I have blueberries for breakfast whenever I can find tart ones. As a general rule they are smaller and from northern states such as MI and NJ and at certain times of the year from Peru and Chile. Recently I ran across "giant" blueberries from Peru. Normally I wound not have bought them, .but I'm glad I did. They had a great tart taste and went well with cereal. Would highly recommend them to anyone who generally likes the smaller, tart berries I mentioned above. For those who like to freeze blueberries, these would seem to be a good option. FYI, I do not like sweet, mushy blueberries. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #7621 on: November 19, 2019, 01:00:22 PM »
Same with the Frankenstein chicken breasts, which are tough and tasteless.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #7622 on: November 19, 2019, 01:01:03 PM »
I prefer grass-fed or free range blueberries but whatever....

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7623 on: November 19, 2019, 01:01:57 PM »
"My blueberries aren't small enough" has to be the ultimate first-world problem.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #7624 on: November 19, 2019, 01:06:47 PM »
"My blueberries aren't small enough" has to be the ultimate first-world problem.

Reminds me of when I got my first nice car (using a work car allowance).  A colleague (who didn't receive a car allowance) asked me how I liked it.  I said my only complaint was that the button for the heated steering wheel was inconveniently located way down low.  As I realized the absurdity of what I was complaining about, I immediately followed up with, "And I'll shut the f*** up now."  We still laugh about it to this day.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.