'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1895313 times)

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
Re: NM
« Reply #2600 on: April 15, 2018, 03:28:05 PM »
I'm looking also and leaning towards a Weber because I've heard no one say a bad thing about them. My first from several years ago was a lower quality one from Home Depot or Menards and the burners went bad pretty quickly. Looking to spend under $1000 also. I still can't tell what the difference is between a Genesis and a Spirit. I did like the ceramic grate on the first grill I had as opposed to cast iron.

As far as I know, there is no issue converting from propane to natural gas. That is a potential option for me in the future. Is that accurate?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #2601 on: April 15, 2018, 04:19:24 PM »
I bought a Tec grill 25 years ago and it's still going strong.  Go high end and forget about it.  Infrared really cooks the meat evenly.  A ton of money but you aren't buying a new grill every 4-5 years.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #2602 on: April 15, 2018, 04:27:12 PM »
I'm looking also and leaning towards a Weber because I've heard no one say a bad thing about them. My first from several years ago was a lower quality one from Home Depot or Menards and the burners went bad pretty quickly. Looking to spend under $1000 also. I still can't tell what the difference is between a Genesis and a Spirit. I did like the ceramic grate on the first grill I had as opposed to cast iron.

As far as I know, there is no issue converting from propane to natural gas. That is a potential option for me in the future. Is that accurate?
I just replaced my 18 year old Weber gas grill a few months ago.  I looked around at a Weber Genesis II E-310 and found one at Local Loot for $575, which is substantially less than everywhere else I could find.  When it arrived, it had used porcelain grates.  I contacted the place, they apologized up, down and sideways, upgraded me to stainless steel and overnighted them to me.  Other than that issue, it was 100% new.  It's a great grill.

You may or may not find a deal that good, but it definitely pays to shop it on the net.  Some places at least have free delivery and some put it together for free.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2603 on: April 15, 2018, 05:19:35 PM »
I bought a Tec grill 25 years ago and it's still going strong.  Go high end and forget about it.  Infrared really cooks the meat evenly.  A ton of money but you aren't buying a new grill every 4-5 years.

Tec might make terrific grills, but people who buy Webers typically don't need to replace them as frequently as every 4-5 years. I just replaced a Weber that lasted 18 years. I kept it outside through 18 Minnesota winters and used it year-round (typically 1x/week in winter, 3-4x/week in summer).

Again, not ripping on Tec, but anyone shopping for (or asking about) a $1000 Weber is probably not in the market for a $4000 Tec. It would be like a German auto dealership trying to convince someone looking at a VW Golf to move up to an Audi RS3. Both are terrific cars (both made Car and Driver's Ten Best for 2018), but they market to totally different audiences...with the Audi costing nearly 4x what the VW costs.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #2604 on: April 15, 2018, 06:23:59 PM »
First time hearing about Tec grills. Interesting technology.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2605 on: April 15, 2018, 07:50:10 PM »
I use the Kirkland and yes, I store it in the fridge. Good stuff.

And speaking of Kirkland - I've had some "store brand" products over the years that are awful, and some that are as good as big-name products. So what are people's favorite "store brands?" Mine is Kirkland.
Kirkland products are designed to be better quality than the comparable advertised brand at a lower price. They are actually a go to for our family over the years. With three student athletes we went through a lot of consumables.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2606 on: April 15, 2018, 07:59:35 PM »
Just bought some of those Kirkland golf 4 piece urethane cover balls everyone says are essentially pro v I’s. The Kirkland specials are $30/24. Prov’s are $48/ 12
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2607 on: April 15, 2018, 08:08:51 PM »
On line or at the store?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2608 on: April 16, 2018, 12:53:14 PM »
NM

Goose

• All American
« Reply #2609 on: April 16, 2018, 12:55:41 PM »
Rocket

I will be anxious to hear your review of the Kirkland’s. I have always been a golf snob, but sounds like quite the deal.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #2610 on: April 16, 2018, 01:25:22 PM »
Kirkland products are designed to be better quality than the comparable advertised brand at a lower price. They are actually a go to for our family over the years. With three student athletes we went through a lot of consumables.
Not necessarily better quality, but often the same quality.  Many well known manufacturers will use an almost identical formula as their own brand and just throw it in a Kirkland or Trader Joe's label.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2611 on: April 16, 2018, 01:49:51 PM »
I went over the Kirkland's last year.

The Kirkland Signature golf ball is the Nassau Quattro, which is a tour level European ball. It performs on the same level as every other 4-piece, urethane ball. It's a good ball.

The problem with K-Sigs are the availability. I don't want to play a different ball when they are out of stock. I want to play one ball, all season long. If they are in stock permanently, I would switch to K-Sigs. However, this won't be the case as Costco is only buying production overruns. I will keep on playing Vice balls, which if you haven't tried, you should.

The best part about Kirkland Signatures? Costco doesn't give a crap about Titleist's lawsuit threats. Titleist loves to throw around C&D letters to every golf ball start up company that makes a 4-piece urethane ball. They tried with Costco, and Costco decided to unzip, throw it on the table and file a lawsuit against Aschunet.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2612 on: April 16, 2018, 01:59:20 PM »
On line or at the store?

online-they just came last thursday.  i just checked- they are out of stock now

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2613 on: April 16, 2018, 02:03:15 PM »
Rocket

I will be anxious to hear your review of the Kirkland’s. I have always been a golf snob, but sounds like quite the deal.

i'll keep ya posted-i just got an email from the legends, they cancelled the start(4/21) of our "beat the dog" men's league, so it may be a few weeks before i see my handicap go down ;D

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #2614 on: April 16, 2018, 02:05:01 PM »
I found the Kirkland to be pretty crapty in the wind. It didn't hold its line as well as the other tour-level balls. If you're looking to save cash on urethane balls, go Snell. Great performance, no issues with availability and good prices. If you go with the 6 dozen value pack, it gets down to $27 a dozen.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2615 on: April 16, 2018, 04:22:13 PM »
Home Depot delivered 60 bags of mulch to my house, at just $2/bag over the weekend. It was only $49 to deliver it. The delivery was on one pallet & was nearly 9 feet tall.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2616 on: April 16, 2018, 06:07:38 PM »
Home Depot delivered 60 bags of mulch to my house, at just $2/bag over the weekend. It was only $49 to deliver it. The delivery was on one pallet & was nearly 9 feet tall.

Yikes! That's a tall pile of mulch.

We needed more mulch than we could haul on our own last year, and first considered going to a place like Home Depot. But then my wife contacted a guy who had done some landscaping for us a few years earlier. He was able to deliver us some good quality stuff for a comparable price...and we just has a single pile without a zillion plastic bags.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #2617 on: April 16, 2018, 06:27:24 PM »
Yikes! That's a tall pile of mulch.

We needed more mulch than we could haul on our own last year, and first considered going to a place like Home Depot. But then my wife contacted a guy who had done some landscaping for us a few years earlier. He was able to deliver us some good quality stuff for a comparable price...and we just has a single pile without a zillion plastic bags.

If you need enough, you can get a dump truck to drop it in your driveway.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #2618 on: April 16, 2018, 06:29:57 PM »
Elm Grove provides free mulch delivered. Only negative is that we found tennis balls, Barbie dolls and other strange items mixed in the mulch. Have to say, can’t beat the price.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2619 on: April 16, 2018, 06:54:00 PM »
If you need enough, you can get a dump truck to drop it in your driveway.

Yep - that's pretty much what he did.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2620 on: April 16, 2018, 07:10:42 PM »

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #2621 on: April 16, 2018, 10:01:43 PM »

I know that kid... and he's a little sh*t the rest of the year!
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2622 on: April 17, 2018, 08:55:33 AM »

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2623 on: April 17, 2018, 02:52:45 PM »
Pearl Jam is selling some sweet World Cup-style futbol jerseys

https://pearljam.com/shop/apparel

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #2624 on: April 17, 2018, 03:16:27 PM »
Pearl Jam is selling some sweet World Cup-style futbol jerseys

https://pearljam.com/shop/apparel

I find it funny how half of those teams aren't even in the World Cup this year.