Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1943463 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: NM
« Reply #3925 on: August 03, 2018, 11:06:07 AM »
I love hot sauce...as long as it doesn’t get anywhere near my eggs.

Freezing cold take

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #3926 on: August 03, 2018, 11:19:06 AM »
I love hot sauce...as long as it doesn’t get anywhere near my eggs.

:o

Hot sauce belongs on everything. Not every sauces matches every dish but there is a hot sauce for everything (that's not sweet)
Maigh Eo for Sam

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3927 on: August 03, 2018, 01:12:55 PM »

Hot sauce belongs on everything. Not every sauces matches every dish but there is a hot sauce for everything (that's not sweet)

OK, so what kind of hot sauce would you put on a ghost chili pepper? How about Cheerios?

FruitStandJim

• Walk-On
« Reply #3928 on: August 03, 2018, 01:53:09 PM »
Maybe this is the wrong thread to do so, but anyways...

New poster/Marquette fan here. I'm starting grad school at Marquette in a few weeks. I'm a big college basketball fan, so I've seen plenty of Marquette games. Being a die-hard Bulls fan, I loved when we picked Jimmy Butler because I loved his game at Marquette. I have a cousin that played soccer at Marquette. I live in the NW burbs of Chicago, so I make it up to 4-5 Brewers games every Summer (coming up tomorrow for the State Fair and Crew game). So I guess what I'm trying to say is...I'm not new to the Milwaukee area or knowing anything about it, but I am new to Marquette athletics fanhood. I look forward to conversing with everyone here during bball season.

I never went to a Marquette game at the Bradley Center, so am I spoiled for having my first MU game being at the new place?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3929 on: August 03, 2018, 01:59:46 PM »

New poster/Marquette fan here. I'm starting grad school at Marquette in a few weeks. I'm a big college basketball fan, so I've seen plenty of Marquette games. Being a die-hard Bulls fan, I loved when we picked Jimmy Butler because I loved his game at Marquette. I have a cousin that played soccer at Marquette. I live in the NW burbs of Chicago, so I make it up to 4-5 Brewers games every Summer (coming up tomorrow for the State Fair and Crew game). So I guess what I'm trying to say is...I'm not new to the Milwaukee area or knowing anything about it, but I am new to Marquette athletics fanhood. I look forward to conversing with everyone here during bball season.

I never went to a Marquette game at the Bradley Center, so am I spoiled for having my first MU game being at the new place?

This is the right thread for everything!

You certainly picked a good year to become a new Marquette fan. The team should be great and the new arena should be a definite upgrade from the Bradley Center.

My experience parallels yours, only I became a “new” Fan when my dad got season tickets around 1970. We were into the Al dynasty at that point, and the old Milwaukee arena was phenomenal in its day.  So my first few years included an NIT championship, an NCAA championship and runner up, and a remarkable overall record. I truly hope your experience compares.

Welcome onboard!

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #3930 on: August 03, 2018, 02:35:48 PM »
OK, so what kind of hot sauce would you put on a ghost chili pepper? How about Cheerios?

Frank's red hot...you can put that crap on anything.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #3931 on: August 03, 2018, 02:52:21 PM »
Frank's red hot...you can put that crap on anything.

NH?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #3932 on: August 03, 2018, 03:39:54 PM »
I am in Brussels scouting locations for Euro.muScoop and had mayonnaise on my fries today.

It was different.

Also, they call them frites.   I'm not sure why they do that, but whatever.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #3933 on: August 03, 2018, 03:43:47 PM »
I am in Brussels scouting locations for Euro.muScoop and had mayonnaise on my fries today.

It was different.

They use mayo that in the Netherlands, too.  I had to scream at the vendor to stop as he poised the squirt bottle over my fries.  I also got a dirty look from him as I began to eat them.  Then he handed me a fork.

Europeans, amirite?
Have some patience, FFS.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3934 on: August 03, 2018, 03:59:25 PM »

It was different.

Mussels and frites, the classic Belgian pairing.

Fortunately, the beer is good enough to make the food fairly irrelevant. And I’m pretty sure a good Belgian quad counts as a full meal anyway.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3935 on: August 03, 2018, 11:21:16 PM »

welcome warrior!!  you saw a great brewer game tonight-thames(i call him korea) hit a walk-off bomb.  hope you didn't leave too early. 

surprised no one mentioned hot sauce on ye ole cheddar n beef eyn'a? 

ketchup and franks on the huevos can be an early morning eye opener
don't...don't don't don't don't

source?

• All American
« Reply #3936 on: August 04, 2018, 05:25:22 AM »

It was different.

When in Belgium or the Netherlands you should be using mayo, curry mayo, or curry ketchup with your frites. Also, should you happen to wind up in Bruges, find yourself a drunk, English fluent local to give you the drunk version of the battle of the golden spurs. It could be....educational.

source?

• All American
« Reply #3937 on: August 04, 2018, 05:29:33 AM »

Freezing cold take

We, the millenials, have spoken.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3938 on: August 04, 2018, 11:03:03 AM »
Mussels and frites, the classic Belgian pairing.

Fortunately, the beer is good enough to make the food fairly irrelevant. And I’m pretty sure a good Belgian quad counts as a full meal anyway.
Most accurate post in Scoop history
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3939 on: August 04, 2018, 03:49:23 PM »
This afternoon, my wife was gardening near some towels that were drying on our clothes rack. I suddenly heard her yelling, and looked outside to see her chasing a red squirrel that had taken a towel and was dragging it through the garden. The squirrel dropped the towel and ran off into the woods. A couple of minutes later, she was yelling again. The squirrel had returned, and was trying to take another towel. She chased it away before it got one.

It all happened so quickly, there was no time to get a video. When I mentioned my dismay about that to my wife, she thought I should have been more upset about the towel-stealing squirrel.   ::)

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #3940 on: August 04, 2018, 04:14:46 PM »
Most accurate post in Scoop history

Pretty sure that "ND sucks" is the most accurate post in Scoop history.
Have some patience, FFS.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #3941 on: August 04, 2018, 04:27:12 PM »

Drove by the Fighting Sex Offenders campus today.  Low pressure zone over the golden dome confirms one thing...ND sucks.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3942 on: August 04, 2018, 05:36:07 PM »

Rodents suck.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #3943 on: August 05, 2018, 07:56:24 AM »
El Yucatecca Habanero hot sauce is tremendous with sunny side eggs, hash browns, and chorizo. 

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
« Reply #3944 on: August 05, 2018, 08:22:43 AM »
El Yucatecca Habanero hot sauce is tremendous with sunny side eggs, hash browns, and chorizo.

Beautiful, but over easy for me chili. Four weeks and we’re fishing baby.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3945 on: August 05, 2018, 09:05:01 AM »
Last night I bumped into a neighbor on my walk who told me he was going duck hunting…in Argentina. I had never heard of Argentina as a place people would travel thousands of miles to for duck hunting. Then I came across this:

https://www.americanhunter.org/articles/2011/11/15/the-worlds-best-waterfowl-hunting/

Who knew?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3946 on: August 05, 2018, 09:14:29 AM »
Last night I bumped into a neighbor on my walk who told me he was going duck hunting…in Argentina. I had never heard of Argentina as a place people would travel thousands of miles to for duck hunting. Then I came across this:

https://www.americanhunter.org/articles/2011/11/15/the-worlds-best-waterfowl-hunting/

Who knew?

I bet you he's going to have trouble cause the waterfowl fly in a clockwise direction south of the equator.  It's like catching a punt from a left-footer.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #3947 on: August 05, 2018, 09:50:26 AM »

I bet you he's going to have trouble cause the waterfowl fly in a clockwise direction south of the equator.  It's like catching a punt from a left-footer.

Haha that was great!

In other news I have heard Argentina is great for duck and grouse/pigeon hunting!

I’m doing North Dakota this year for some duck hunting. Anyone ever been?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3948 on: August 05, 2018, 06:30:22 PM »
Grilled salmon and baked potatoes tonight. Spinach or Brussels sprouts on the side?

fjm

• All American
« Reply #3949 on: August 05, 2018, 07:30:34 PM »
Grilled salmon and baked potatoes tonight. Spinach or Brussels sprouts on the side?

Honey sirracha roasted brussels man

feedback