collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marvel Cinematic Universe  (Read 71218 times)

reinko

• All American
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe
« Reply #300 on: April 17, 2021, 02:17:30 PM »
I think Zemo forms the Thunderbolts at The Raft, but Sharon Carter is the Power Broker.

Seems to on the nose, even for the MCU which is pretty heavy handed...but certainly a strong possibility.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #301 on: April 17, 2021, 06:42:19 PM »
Seems to on the nose, even for the MCU which is pretty heavy handed...but certainly a strong possibility.

Yeah it’s way too obvious, so it will be completely different .

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #302 on: April 17, 2021, 07:44:18 PM »
I think Zemo forms the Thunderbolts at The Raft, but Sharon Carter is the Power Broker.

I was just reading about the Thunderbolts.
They are like the DC Suicide Squad but they actually want to redeem themselves vs the DC version. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American

reinko

• All American
« Reply #305 on: April 20, 2021, 05:27:44 AM »
Oh yes...

https://twitter.com/marvelstudios/status/1384137317967831041?s=21

Shang Chi’s father, is slated to be the real Mandarin...chances he could also be the Power Broker, curious timing for the trailer to drop 4 days before the finale 🤔

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #306 on: April 20, 2021, 09:24:20 AM »
Shang Chi’s father, is slated to be the real Mandarin...chances he could also be the Power Broker, curious timing for the trailer to drop 4 days before the finale 🤔

Not impossible, especially with the Madripoor connection.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #307 on: April 23, 2021, 08:06:09 PM »
Too many loose ends.    I almost feel like they made it messier than it had to be simply because they knew there was going to be a season 2.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #308 on: April 24, 2021, 06:13:17 AM »
Too many loose ends.    I almost feel like they made it messier than it had to be simply because they knew there was going to be a season 2.   

I think they announced there is going to be a Captain America 4 movie instead of a TV show
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #309 on: April 24, 2021, 06:33:31 AM »
I think they announced there is going to be a Captain America 4 movie instead of a TV show

I read this, this morning.  Same screenwriter as the TV series.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #310 on: April 24, 2021, 06:52:32 AM »
Loved it, loved the slow transition for Sam coming to accept who he had to be. And loved how the actual comic book costume translated to the screen.

So much potential there. Zemo and the Thunderbolts, which direction Walker will go as US Agent, will the Contessa be a new Fury or open the door to a new Hydra, is this a full heel turn from Agent 13 (my money is on Skrull Sharon as the Queen for Secret Invasion)?

They laid the groundwork for Cap 4, possibly Secret Invasion, more Young Avengers with Eli Bradley, while also moving Sam into a central role, legitimately giving the MCU a primary leading man for the next generation after Evans & Downey stepped aside and Boseman passed.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #311 on: April 24, 2021, 05:33:14 PM »
Can someone explain why super soldier bucky with a vibranium arm has so much difficulty with rogue super soldiers?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #312 on: April 24, 2021, 05:53:59 PM »
Can someone explain why super soldier bucky with a vibranium arm has so much difficulty with rogue super soldiers?

It was explained. Kinda stupid. But noticed it during the last fights, he’s not using it. Not his dominant hand.

He also seems to be going 70% compared to being the Winter Soldier. Guessing that’s his recovery messing with his mind?

He also did a super hero landing.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 05:55:36 PM by Retire0 »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #313 on: April 24, 2021, 05:57:38 PM »
It was explained. Kinda stupid. But noticed it during the last fights, he’s not using it. Not his dominant hand.

He also seems to be going 70% compared to being the Winter Soldier. Guessing that’s his recovery messing with his mind?

He also did a super hero landing.

Isn't he an extremely experienced fighter/soldier going against a bunch of gang members?

I just don't understand how they can be on equal footing, combat-wise

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #314 on: April 24, 2021, 07:06:58 PM »
Isn't he an extremely experienced fighter/soldier going against a bunch of gang members?

I just don't understand how they can be on equal footing, combat-wise

It is a comic book tv show.  Reality has to be suspended occasionally
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #315 on: June 12, 2021, 08:41:42 AM »
Anyone catch Loki episode 1?  Thoughts?

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #316 on: June 12, 2021, 10:04:32 AM »
Anyone catch Loki episode 1?  Thoughts?

Really enjoyed it. It managed to be both fun and deep. I guess my only gripe might be the idea that all free will is sucked out of the universe with the existence of the TVA. If being unexpectedly late for work is something that can throw off the timeline and is thus regulated, doesn't it mean all the events of the MCU were just preordained and therefore inconsequential because they couldn't go any other way?

I'm probably reading too much into it, but while I like the idea of variant Loki, I'm not sure how well the TVA will work out long term.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #317 on: June 12, 2021, 10:11:00 AM »
I think one of the rumored villains was in the cartoon sequence on what the TVA is.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #318 on: June 12, 2021, 11:36:44 AM »
Really enjoyed it. It managed to be both fun and deep. I guess my only gripe might be the idea that all free will is sucked out of the universe with the existence of the TVA. If being unexpectedly late for work is something that can throw off the timeline and is thus regulated, doesn't it mean all the events of the MCU were just preordained and therefore inconsequential because they couldn't go any other way?

I'm probably reading too much into it, but while I like the idea of variant Loki, I'm not sure how well the TVA will work out long term.

Loki variant is certainly an adversary not a villain, and my guess is we will rooting for them by shows end.

The TVA is the big bad here, and I like the take they are worse than Thanos, controlling the universe for their needs, not some grand plan.  If you are podcast fans, The Ringer Verse does two weekly shows, The Midnight Boys is quick reaction show, humorous and hot takes, and the deep dive show with Mallory Rubin is great too.

It’s documented in the comics that Kang the Conqueor is a timekeeper, and he will probably make an appearance in Loki, and then more in movies like Dr. Strange II, and Ant Man 3.

But in terms of the episode, absolutely loved it.  Hiddleston and Wilson are absolutely fantastic together. 

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #319 on: June 12, 2021, 03:07:29 PM »
Loki variant is certainly an adversary not a villain, and my guess is we will rooting for them by shows end.

The TVA is the big bad here, and I like the take they are worse than Thanos, controlling the universe for their needs, not some grand plan.  If you are podcast fans, The Ringer Verse does two weekly shows, The Midnight Boys is quick reaction show, humorous and hot takes, and the deep dive show with Mallory Rubin is great too.

It’s documented in the comics that Kang the Conqueor is a timekeeper, and he will probably make an appearance in Loki, and then more in movies like Dr. Strange II, and Ant Man 3.

But in terms of the episode, absolutely loved it.  Hiddleston and Wilson are absolutely fantastic together.
Kang was in the cartoon sequence in the waiting line

MU82

• All American
« Reply #320 on: June 13, 2021, 03:13:42 PM »
Would someone who knows very little about Loki or his backstory enjoy this?

I have seen some of the Marvel movies, but nowhere near half of them. I have never watched any more than once, and I have never read the comics.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

reinko

• All American
« Reply #321 on: June 13, 2021, 04:39:10 PM »
Would someone who knows very little about Loki or his backstory enjoy this?

I have seen some of the Marvel movies, but nowhere near half of them. I have never watched any more than once, and I have never read the comics.

if you haven’t seen yet, watch Thor: Ragnorak, in my and many others opinion a top 5 MCU movie, with lots of Loki, and would be an excellent appetizer to the show Loki.

If you haven’t seen the original Avengers and/or Infinity War and Endgame, you might be a bit confused, but you can read recaps.  It’s really really well done

MU82

• All American
« Reply #322 on: June 13, 2021, 05:12:00 PM »
if you haven’t seen yet, watch Thor: Ragnorak, in my and many others opinion a top 5 MCU movie, with lots of Loki, and would be an excellent appetizer to the show Loki.

If you haven’t seen the original Avengers and/or Infinity War and Endgame, you might be a bit confused, but you can read recaps.  It’s really really well done

I admit to not liking Ragnarok as much as I thought I would. I know others have really enjoyed it. My favorite Marvel flicks so far have been Black Panther, Iron Man and Captain America Civil War, if that gives any context. I did see Infinity and Endgame -- thought they were OK -- and I do remember Loki, though he didn't resonate much with me.

But I am open-minded, so I'll probably at least check out Loki. Thanks for the info, reinko.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

reinko

• All American
« Reply #323 on: June 17, 2021, 04:57:54 AM »
Hot damn is this show fun.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #324 on: June 17, 2021, 06:26:18 AM »
Really enjoying it, and it's a perfect setup for Multiverse of Madness. The Hiddleston/Wilson dynamic works great.