[Today at 02:48:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marvel Cinematic Universe  (Read 71237 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe
« Reply #175 on: June 03, 2019, 04:00:10 PM »
Multiverse?

Has to be right? I mean how else do you explain an era where the avengers save the world, the fantastic four are praised as stars, and spiderman is a hero but mutants are hated and shunned?
Maigh Eo for Sam

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #176 on: June 03, 2019, 04:24:18 PM »
Has to be right? I mean how else do you explain an era where the avengers save the world, the fantastic four are praised as stars, and spiderman is a hero but mutants are hated and shunned?

I think Into the Spider-verse is important dot com
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #177 on: June 06, 2019, 11:30:11 PM »
Multiverse?

There’s also the Cabnos paradox and Torchmonger question.  Multiverse ain’t solving those. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #178 on: June 07, 2019, 07:19:42 AM »

Full reboot. We don't know what Tony snapped for, but maybe mutation could be part of his shield around the world. And the emergence of powered people in local schools could be perceived differently than the Avengers that are thousands of miles away (for most people). A few mutants could already exist secretly, which would allow maybe Logan & Professor X, or bring some in with the multiverse (Magneto & Deadpool), but I think a reboot would be best. It also would allow explanation of the Maximoffs by simply leaving them out of the X-canon.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

jesmu84

• All American

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #180 on: June 18, 2019, 03:51:56 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2019/06/18/733479265/avengers-but-make-it-without-women-or-men-hugging-or-levity-in-general

Finally a film for the rest of us.

Ugh, I heard about this.  This only got traction because it was deemed news worthy that someone made it, not because people actually wanted to see this edited version.  It had essentially near zero downloads until the media made into something that people who were aghast at the notion started downloading to see what was done.

Society is better served ignoring these sort of things rather than blowing them up into something bigger than it should be, just for the sake of ratings, clicks, and viewers. 

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #181 on: June 18, 2019, 05:37:53 PM »
Ugh, I heard about this.  This only got traction because it was deemed news worthy that someone made it, not because people actually wanted to see this edited version.  It had essentially near zero downloads until the media made into something that people who were aghast at the notion started downloading to see what was done.

Society is better served ignoring these sort of things rather than blowing them up into something bigger than it should be, just for the sake of ratings, clicks, and viewers.

Giving idiots like this a platform is just stupid. Why is it news that there is some moron out there that is a bigot doing bigoted stuff?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #182 on: June 18, 2019, 06:49:28 PM »

Oddly enough, the NPR article mentioned this exact thing....while doing the opposite
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #183 on: July 02, 2019, 09:05:29 PM »
Wow was Spider-Man: Far From Home fun. Great light-hearted romp with the perfect balance of teen angst & action. Really needed that after Endgame. Such a fun movie.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #184 on: July 03, 2019, 07:56:32 AM »
Wow was Spider-Man: Far From Home fun. Great light-hearted romp with the perfect balance of teen angst & action. Really needed that after Endgame. Such a fun movie.

Agree with this. Though that one trippy scene was a bit much for my 9yr old nephew in case anyone is considering bringing children they're easily scared.
Maigh Eo for Sam

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #185 on: July 03, 2019, 09:01:45 AM »
Agree with this. Though that one trippy scene was a bit much for my 9yr old nephew in case anyone is considering bringing children they're easily scared.

I can see that. I also thought they did well with Mysterio in general. Made him both interesting and explainable in a way that fit the MCU. I like how they've revamped Spider-Man characters to fit in to modern storylines like him and Vulture.

Also...those post-credit scenes, holy crap. Those were two of the most consequential post-credit scenes so far, both in terms of Spider-Man's future and the MCU as a whole.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #186 on: August 25, 2019, 11:01:57 AM »
What a mixed week of news. First and foremost, Spider-Man is OUT of the MCU. Sony & Disney could not come to an agreement, so the excellent cliff-hanger from Far From Home will likely go unanswered. That also means no Miles Morales, Kraven, or Norman Osborne in the MCU. Massive loss. Tom Holland was at D23 for a panel and said "Listen, it's been a crazy week, but I want you to know I am grateful from the bottom of my heart. And I love you 3,000." Really disappointing news around a character that could've been a MCU cornerstone for 20-30 years.

Next up, they added a date for Black Panther as well as three new Disney+ show announcements. Here's the MCU schedule for Phase 4 into the beginning of Phase 5:

• May 1, 2020: Black Widow movie
  • Fall 2020: The Falcon & Winter Soldier on Disney+
  • November 6, 2020: The Eternals movie
  • February 12, 2021: Shang-Chi: The Legend of the Ten Rings movie
  • Spring, 2021: WandaVision on Disney+
  • Spring, 2021: Loki on Disney+
  • May 7, 2021: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness movie
  • Summer, 2021: What If...? on Disney+
  • Fall, 2021: Hawkeye on Disney+
  • November 5, 2021: Thor: Love & Thunder movie
  • February 18, 2022: Untitled MCU movie (Possibly Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 3)
  • May 6, 2022: Black Panther II movie
  • July 29, 2022: Untitled MCU movie (Possibly Blade or Captain Marvel 2)
  • To Be Announced: She-Hulk on Disney+
  • To Be Announced: Moon Knight on Disney+
  • To Be Announced: Ms. Marvel on Disney+
Clearly Disney+ is going to be huge and all this content is designed to drive MCU fans to subscribe as they are releasing original content every year starting in 2020 and will also have the movies there. WandaVision will lead into Dr. Strange, which is a horror movie featuring Nightmare as the villain. Shang-Chi will follow up on the real Mandarin storyline that began in Iron-Man 3 and the All Hail the King short. Thor: Love & Thunder will be passing the mantle of Thor to Jane Foster.

I'm very excited for the newly announced D+ shows. Ms. Marvel could be positioned to step into the Tom Holland teenage hero story, She-Hulk could be very interesting as a super-hero spin on a legal procedural, and Moon Knight is just a fun character that combines Batman with schizophrenia.

As far as names, Kit Harrington has joined The Eternals as Dane Whitman, better known to older Marvel fans as the Black Knight, and Mahershala Ali will be taking over as Blade.

Still no word on when the X-Men or Fantastic Four will make their way into the MCU, but Kevin Feige promised both at Comic Con.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #187 on: August 25, 2019, 11:18:40 AM »
This Spider-Man thing is awful. I really really hope Sony makes one and it bombs forcing them to come back to Disney. Though from the sound of it Disney was asking for pretty unreasonable terms
Maigh Eo for Sam

🏀

• All American
« Reply #188 on: August 25, 2019, 01:08:07 PM »
I just don’t see the Spider-Man issue as dead, feel like it’s a public negotiation.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2019, 02:05:13 PM »
I just don’t see the Spider-Man issue as dead, feel like it’s a public negotiation.
Let’s hope so

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2019, 04:26:14 PM »

My first reaction as well.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #191 on: August 25, 2019, 08:54:54 PM »

I hope this is the case too.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #192 on: August 26, 2019, 08:45:59 AM »
No way Sony can make another Spider-man. Disney will pull it off somehow, they have to after the way they've squandered the Lucasfilm acquisition.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #193 on: August 26, 2019, 09:21:10 AM »
No way Sony can make another Spider-man. Disney will pull it off somehow, they have to after the way they've squandered the Lucasfilm acquisition.

I agree with the squander, but feeling more optimistic than ever. Disney+ and the way they are reframing the three timeframes is encouraging.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #194 on: August 26, 2019, 09:44:29 AM »
After all that hullabaloo with James Gunn, you can pretty much slot him in for the Feb 2022 movie.  Which by all accounts would narrow it down to GotG3; so why are they not announcing it yet?

Could it be that Gunn wants to feature a particular background character from the first two installments as a precursor to spinning off his own reboot?  Because it would make sense that if they're going to do it, they're going to wait until the last second to announce it since the moment they do, the dark overlords critics are most assuredly going to throw an inconceivable amount of shade before it even goes into production.  To pull it off, Gunn needs a script that will make Feige twice as confident as he's been in any MCU project to date.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #195 on: August 26, 2019, 09:47:39 AM »
I agree with the squander, but feeling more optimistic than ever. Disney+ and the way they are reframing the three timeframes is encouraging.

I generally agree with the reframing.....and maybe its me being a crotchety old man, but I'm not sure I can get over how they've completely taken a dump on the "Skywalker Saga" in the Age of Resistance.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #196 on: August 26, 2019, 09:49:13 AM »
After all that hullabaloo with James Gunn, you can pretty much slot him in for the Feb 2022 movie.  Which by all accounts would narrow it down to GotG3; so why are they not announcing it yet?

Could it be that Gunn wants to feature a particular background character from the first two installments as a precursor to spinning off his own reboot?  Because it would make sense that if they're going to do it, they're going to wait until the last second to announce it since the moment they do, the dark overlords critics are most assuredly going to throw an inconceivable amount of shade before it even goes into production.  To pull it off, Gunn needs a script that will make Feige twice as confident as he's been in any MCU project to date.

Why would Adam Warlock generate a bunch of shade? Because Gunn is involved??

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #197 on: August 26, 2019, 10:00:19 AM »

Was gonna say, if this is a reference to Adam, I’m pretty sure a lot of people have been waiting for his arrival.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #198 on: August 26, 2019, 10:22:18 AM »

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #199 on: August 26, 2019, 06:36:38 PM »