[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marvel Cinematic Universe  (Read 71245 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2018, 03:00:19 PM »
Captain Marvel just dropped (haha, pun intended).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1BCujX3pw8

Nothing sets a story in the late 90's better than a Blockbuster Video.

It's going to be interesting because they have quite the narrative pinhole to navigate. They have to do a Captain Marvel origin story that takes place outside of the contemporary MCU so there aren't any continuity issues but then loop it back so that Captain Marvel can undo the #snapture but do so in a way that everyone doesn't ask, well why didn't we just call Captain Marvel in the first place to kill Thanos? Plus they are going to have a two eyed Nick Fury and a young Phil Coulson so S.H.I.E.L.D is part of the story line but infiltrated by Skree so that means S.H.I.E.L.D was infiltrated by both Skree AND Nazis? Was that organization ever not infiltrated?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2018, 08:30:55 PM »
It's going to be interesting because they have quite the narrative pinhole to navigate. They have to do a Captain Marvel origin story that takes place outside of the contemporary MCU so there aren't any continuity issues but then loop it back so that Captain Marvel can undo the #snapture but do so in a way that everyone doesn't ask, well why didn't we just call Captain Marvel in the first place to kill Thanos? Plus they are going to have a two eyed Nick Fury and a young Phil Coulson so S.H.I.E.L.D is part of the story line but infiltrated by Skree so that means S.H.I.E.L.D was infiltrated by both Skree AND Nazis? Was that organization ever not infiltrated?

All that and they have to open the door for HtD in Phase 4. 

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2018, 08:55:01 PM »
Captain marvel trailer 2 dropped.

Eh.

11th hour origin story as the solution to a decade of movies. Hopefully it isn't just a plot device and the original avengers have more of a role.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 09:19:47 PM by jesmu84 »

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2018, 08:27:50 AM »
Captain marvel trailer 2 dropped.

Eh.

11th hour origin story as the solution to a decade of movies. Hopefully it isn't just a plot device and the original avengers have more of a role.

I want to like it, but I'm just not there. Given how the Cree have been bad guys in the TV version of the MCU plus Guardians, plus the #Snapture unwind stuff.....this is going to have to be an exposition heavy movie to explain to untie all the Gordian knots and I don't know if that's going to be that great.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2018, 11:49:48 AM »
I want to like it, but I'm just not there. Given how the Cree have been bad guys in the TV version of the MCU plus Guardians, plus the #Snapture unwind stuff.....this is going to have to be an exposition heavy movie to explain to untie all the Gordian knots and I don't know if that's going to be that great.

I just watched the trailer.

Theory - Cree as the bad guys - maybe it has something to do why Captain Marvel disappears for 20 years and Nick Fury is "paging" her at the end of IW? 

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2018, 12:37:07 PM »

I believe it's the "Kree" which we are discussing.  Cree is a native tribe in northern Canada, IIRC.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2018, 01:25:21 PM »
I believe it's the "Kree" which we are discussing.  Cree is a native tribe in northern Canada, IIRC.

Maybe they are really an alien race.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2018, 08:15:14 AM »
Endgame, Avengers Endgame was the answer we were looking for

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2018, 08:59:43 AM »
Endgame, Avengers Endgame was the answer we were looking for

And moved up to April

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2018, 10:47:41 AM »
And moved up to April
Probably just a week like they did for IW. More uninterrupted box office time before other big name movies come out in May

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2018, 04:19:31 PM »
I'm struggling a bit to understand the concept of the Quantum Realm and the associated time vortexes one might find therein.  Evidently, all this is going to play a big role even beyond Endgame.

What I would like to know most of all is whether the technology used to open/navigate the Quantum Realm could also be retooled to summon a Dark Overlord. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2018, 05:16:27 PM »
I'm scared that as marvel's universe expands the early films' bad guys will lose their luster or they'll end up in the DC tv universe issue of a bunch of different dimensions that it starts to get difficult to keep track.
Maigh Eo for Sam

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2018, 06:23:23 PM »
I'm struggling a bit to understand the concept of the Quantum Realm and the associated time vortexes one might find therein.  Evidently, all this is going to play a big role even beyond Endgame.

What I would like to know most of all is whether the technology used to open/navigate the Quantum Realm could also be retooled to summon a Dark Overlord.

If by Dark Overlord you mean Howard the Duck from the 80s.....I think that's exactly the technology

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2018, 07:32:24 AM »
Now that Netflix is cancelling all the street level series, it'll be interesting to see what Marvel/Disney does with the characters. They can't use any of the Netflix series characters for two years. That means July 2020 for Luke Cage would be the soonest, though with character crossover like Misty & Colleen, they would probably be better off waiting until 2021.

That seems like a long way off, but if they incorporated new characters, it might not be. Disney+ could do Moon Knight in winter 2019, The Hood in summer 2020, then that next winter start back up with Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Daredevil all leading to Defenders Season 2 with The Hood as the main villain. With other series coming to Disney+, it would also allow them to roll those shows into the greater MCU.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2018, 09:25:13 AM »
If by Dark Overlord you mean Howard the Duck from the 80s.....I think that's exactly the technology

The prophecy is sealed.  The MCU shall begin and end with Howard.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2018, 12:06:06 PM »

Howard the Duck was in the end credits of Guardians of the Galaxy..............

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2018, 12:35:50 PM »

Not this guy though.....

Oh the horror. I mean the duck and Lea Thompson either almost got it on or did get it on.....just....the horror

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2018, 12:57:25 PM »

He was in both GotG movies. Voiced by Seth Green.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2018, 01:33:28 PM »
Oh the horror. I mean the duck and Lea Thompson either almost got it on or did get it on.....just....the horror

I know.  Poor Howard.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2018, 09:24:23 AM »
While not MCU, anyone gonna go see the new Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse movie?  It's getting fantastic reviews...not sure if I will catch in the theaters, but definitely a rental

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2018, 01:10:27 PM »
I'm still kind of disappointed the MCU didn't introduce Adam Warlock before A4 (Besides the GOTG 2 end credits).

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that Captain Marvel takes over his role but also hoping to see some of the Eternals pop up as well. Too bad they really screwed up the Fantastic 4. Galactus would have been a nice cameo.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2018, 03:55:18 PM »
I'm still kind of disappointed the MCU didn't introduce Adam Warlock before A4 (Besides the GOTG 2 end credits).

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that Captain Marvel takes over his role but also hoping to see some of the Eternals pop up as well. Too bad they really screwed up the Fantastic 4. Galactus would have been a nice cameo.

Wasn't quil's dad an eternal?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2018, 08:40:42 PM »
Wasn't quil's dad an eternal?

Celestial.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #98 on: December 31, 2018, 12:55:11 AM »
Not actually part of the MCU but Into the Spiderverse is fantastic. I highly recommend it. It may be my new favorite marvel movie.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2019, 09:19:43 AM »
Not actually part of the MCU but Into the Spiderverse is fantastic. I highly recommend it. It may be my new favorite marvel movie.

Seconded.

feedback