collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA '17  (Read 242451 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: NBA '17
« Reply #900 on: January 25, 2018, 10:16:36 AM »
Weird how no one seemed to care when Rose walked away from the Cavs, but Love gets torched for everything

You and i are remembering this differently.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #901 on: January 29, 2018, 05:35:10 PM »
Guess the Pistons are going for it.

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
The Clippers and Pistons have agreed on a deal to trade Blake Griffin for Tobias Harris, Avery Bradley, Boban Marjanovic, a first-round and a second-round draft pick, league sources tell ESPN.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #902 on: January 29, 2018, 05:42:25 PM »

The Clippers and Pistons have agreed on a deal to trade Blake Griffin for Tobias Harris, Avery Bradley, Boban Marjanovic, a first-round and a second-round draft pick, league sources tell ESPN.

Now that’s a trade. Pistons in downfall big time with like 10 out of 12.  Guess it had to do with Jackson being injured, but Henry continues to ride the bench. When do they just give him a chance and see what he can do, or trade him. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #903 on: January 29, 2018, 05:53:04 PM »
I have no idea why the Pistons would do this.  Best case scenario they play very well in the second half of the season and win a first round series and then lose to Boston, Cleveland, or Toronto in the second round.  Worst case (and most likely) scenario Blake gets hurt as he always does and they gave up 3 players and 2 picks for a guy who's rarely on the court.

The Clippers are just stockpiling bodies.  Between this and the CP3 trade it feels like they've gotten 15 players in return for 2 players.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

nyg

• All American
« Reply #904 on: January 29, 2018, 05:55:08 PM »
Guess Detroit got Brice Johnson, a SF and Willie Reed, a C in the trade

wadesworld

• All American
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #906 on: January 29, 2018, 06:01:57 PM »
I have no idea why the Pistons would do this.  Best case scenario they play very well in the second half of the season and win a first round series and then lose to Boston, Cleveland, or Toronto in the second round.  Worst case (and most likely) scenario Blake gets hurt as he always does and they gave up 3 players and 2 picks for a guy who's rarely on the court.

The Clippers are just stockpiling bodies.  Between this and the CP3 trade it feels like they've gotten 15 players in return for 2 players.

A few thoughts:
1. There's a whole lot of empty seats in the Pistons' brand spanking new arena, and fans weren't flocking to see Tobias Harris and Avery Bradley. When not in street clothes, Griffin is a guy worth paying to see.

2. Avery Bradley is a free agent after the season. Harris has one year left on his deal. Griffin is locked up for at least three more seasons, and probably for four given the value of his player option.

3. Unless the Pistons somehow tank the rest of the way, those two draft picks aren't very valuable.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 06:04:36 PM by Pakuni »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #907 on: January 29, 2018, 06:34:45 PM »

This trade isn't about this year.  Griffin just signed a five year deal this previous off-season.  This is a long-term play.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #908 on: January 29, 2018, 06:39:08 PM »
I kinda get what the Pistons thought process is here. A guy like Griffin would never sign in Detroit, you'd have to acquire him via trade. He has sizzle, maybe puts some butts in seats.

However, basketball wise, it makes almost no sense. Drummond and Griffin is an odd combo, Blake's contract is terrible, especially given his injury history.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #909 on: January 29, 2018, 06:45:42 PM »
Is Kendall Jenner movin' ta Motown too, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #910 on: January 30, 2018, 07:50:37 PM »
Pistons and Cavs now on TNT - Four MU alums on the floor right now - Jae, Wade, Buycks, and Henry.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #911 on: January 30, 2018, 09:35:26 PM »
Pistons and Cavs now on TNT - Four MU alums on the floor right now - Jae, Wade, Buycks, and Henry.

Yeah, that was cool.

And Buycks was the best of 'em during that stretch!

I have to totally confess that I got Buycks wrong. I did not see NBA potential there at all.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #912 on: January 30, 2018, 09:44:27 PM »
Just signed in to post the same thing—turned the game on with 10:00 left in the 4th, and Henry, Dwight, DWade and Jae all in the game together - not many CBB programs get to see that.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #913 on: January 31, 2018, 06:49:28 AM »
Yeah, that was cool.

And Buycks was the best of 'em during that stretch!

I have to totally confess that I got Buycks wrong. I did not see NBA potential there at all.

I think if Dwight would have been a four year college guy, and didn't have to spend two at a JUCO due to an error by the high school, he would have been seen as a better prospect. 

But you are right.  I never would have guessed that.  Hard work makes a difference.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #914 on: February 01, 2018, 12:50:06 PM »
Mirotic to New Orleans a done deal.
Bulls get back a 2018 first and a bunch of guys they'll probably waive (Asik, Jameer Nelson, Tony Allen).

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #915 on: February 01, 2018, 03:23:49 PM »
Mirotic to New Orleans a done deal.
Bulls get back a 2018 first and a bunch of guys they'll probably waive (Asik, Jameer Nelson, Tony Allen).

A good trade by GarPax? That can't be right.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #916 on: February 01, 2018, 03:46:22 PM »
A good trade by GarPax? That can't be right.

To be fair, the Butler trade is looking pretty good right now. Jimmy has been his usual stellar self, but Dunn and Markannen look like legit building blocks. If LaVine gets back to pre-injury form, that trade is a very good one.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #917 on: February 01, 2018, 04:33:24 PM »
To be fair, the Butler trade is looking pretty good right now. Jimmy has been his usual stellar self, but Dunn and Markannen look like legit building blocks. If LaVine gets back to pre-injury form, that trade is a very good one.

You don't have to convince me on that one. I though that was a fine trade as well. Weren't going to contend for a championship in JFB's prime window so may as well go young.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #918 on: February 01, 2018, 04:40:18 PM »
That is a great trade.  And maybe even for both teams if this version (stronger, more determined, more effective) of Mirotic is not an aberration.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #919 on: February 01, 2018, 04:49:40 PM »

It is looking good but I have hard time believing a certain amount of luck wasn't involved, especially when you look at some of their other awful trades in recent history, such as the Gibson trade and the trade for the pick that became McDermott. 

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #920 on: February 02, 2018, 08:30:53 AM »

True...but the Bulls including the #16 pick in that trade was a head-scratcher. OG Anunoby, John Collins or a healthy Justin Patton would look good on this Bulls' team going forward. Two steps forward, one step back.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #921 on: February 02, 2018, 09:16:25 AM »
Great (and geeky) read on the Bucks from Zach Lowe yesterday - http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22272947/zach-lowe-milwaukee-bucks

the tl;dr version - Prunty won't be getting the full time gig next year, but his schemes have moderated some of Kidd's more extreme elements. On defense, that means less of the frantic trapping to hunt for steals, and on offense, a lot more pick and roll to run sets through Giannis, as opposed to Kidd's motion-style offense.  Lowe thinks this will result in Parker being more effective upon his return than he otherwise would have been under Kidd.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #922 on: February 02, 2018, 09:30:02 AM »
Tough one for the Bucks last night. Looks like a potentially season-ending injury to Brogdon, and Giannis sprains his ankle in the fourth quarter of a 20 point game.

Really thought Prunty wouldn't pull that crap with him like Kidd did, but I guess I was wrong.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #923 on: February 06, 2018, 07:37:58 PM »
Thing Zinger just tore his ACL, maybe MCL too. Sucks. Big fan of his game. He’s the kind of star the Knicks need to draw other players to them.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #924 on: February 06, 2018, 08:08:54 PM »