[Today at 12:21:27 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA '17  (Read 242254 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: NBA '17
« Reply #875 on: January 22, 2018, 06:23:12 PM »
4ever

Heard the same and not a fan of the talk. Helluva of a coach, but not sure a good fit for this team.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #876 on: January 22, 2018, 06:35:47 PM »
Pitino, Cal?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

reinko

• All American
« Reply #877 on: January 22, 2018, 06:36:25 PM »
Herd a roomer on Van Gundy, hey?

Which one?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #878 on: January 22, 2018, 06:43:03 PM »
Knot Stan, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

reinko

• All American
« Reply #879 on: January 22, 2018, 06:44:33 PM »
Knot Stan, hey?

If it was a Sophie's choice

Stan > Jeff

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #880 on: January 22, 2018, 07:00:31 PM »
Startin' ta becum more clear. Reports are Parker and Kidd knot bin speakin' ta each utter, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #881 on: January 22, 2018, 07:35:57 PM »
come on man-the real question that's got me scratchin my head-

what did they order on their pizza's and who paid-ehhh'ner?  probably zaffiro's though ;D

"Kidd said he was officially informed he'd been fired about 15 minutes later when he met with general manager Jon Horst and team president Peter Feigin at a pizza restaurant."

don't...don't don't don't don't

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #882 on: January 22, 2018, 07:38:00 PM »
Giannis is gonna end up a big baller in LA.

He has three years on his contract after this one.  Plenty of time for him to recover.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #883 on: January 22, 2018, 08:04:23 PM »
Prunty will be interim for rest of the year according to Matty V.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #884 on: January 22, 2018, 08:04:30 PM »
Giannis is gonna end up a big baller in LA.

OK ... let's see ... I believe that's now 18 All-Stars who are gonna end up playing for the Lakers, all with max contracts.

I love this story line. A star doesn't even have to be available - as others pointed out, G. Freak is under contract for several more seasons - but who cares?

Everybody to the Lakers!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #885 on: January 22, 2018, 08:13:43 PM »
He has three years on his contract after this one.  Plenty of time for him to recover.

Yup. Whether Kidd’s the coach or Wojo or Stan or Prunty, if the Bucks are making deep Playoff runs he’ll stay. If they are 1 and done every year he gowne. Pretty simple.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #886 on: January 23, 2018, 12:29:07 PM »
Cousins went nuts last night to a 40/20/10 line against the Bulls.  He's a free agent after the season.  Any chance he considers leaving New Orleans?

I know he's obviously had his issues in the past but if the Bulls can move Lopez I'd strongly consider making a max offer to Cousins and then draft a wing with wherever the first round pick ends up.  I'd be very curious to see what a Cousins/Markannen/Lavine/Dunn core could do in the East. 

Probably a very unlikely scenario but not impossible. 

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #887 on: January 23, 2018, 01:12:49 PM »
Cousins went nuts last night to a 40/20/10 line against the Bulls.  He's a free agent after the season.  Any chance he considers leaving New Orleans?

I know he's obviously had his issues in the past but if the Bulls can move Lopez I'd strongly consider making a max offer to Cousins and then draft a wing with wherever the first round pick ends up.  I'd be very curious to see what a Cousins/Markannen/Lavine/Dunn core could do in the East. 

Probably a very unlikely scenario but not impossible.

Talent-wise, it'd be a solid fit. Personality-wise? Not so much.

Hoiberg isn't the type of coach who's going to bring the best out of a difficult personality. He couldn't earn the respect of Wade or Butler who are polite, rational rays of sunshine compared to Boogie. Hoiberg's best bet is to grow with a team of young players.

That said, it's very GarPax to acquire decent NBA talent that fits well into Hoiberg's system while attempting to build the worst team in the league. It's good thing they wanted cash over Jordan Bell. He's the type of long athlete that could have made them even better!

In all seriousness, the Bulls have actually been fun to watch the last 6 weeks or so and the Butler trade doesn't seem nearly as bad as it was initially (aside from handing over the #16 pick). Unfortunately, I have zero confidence that GarPax can build anything better than a team that consistently finishes in the 3 to 6-seed range.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #888 on: January 23, 2018, 01:23:28 PM »
Talent-wise, it'd be a solid fit. Personality-wise? Not so much.

Hoiberg isn't the type of coach who's going to bring the best out of a difficult personality. He couldn't earn the respect of Wade or Butler who are polite, rational rays of sunshine compared to Boogie. Hoiberg's best bet is to grow with a team of young players.

That said, it's very GarPax to acquire decent NBA talent that fits well into Hoiberg's system while attempting to build the worst team in the league. It's good thing they wanted cash over Jordan Bell. He's the type of long athlete that could have made them even better!

In all seriousness, the Bulls have actually been fun to watch the last 6 weeks or so and the Butler trade doesn't seem nearly as bad as it was initially (aside from handing over the #16 pick). Unfortunately, I have zero confidence that GarPax can build anything better than a team that consistently finishes in the 3 to 6-seed range.

Agreed.  Cousins seems to pop up with the Bulls, even back when he was still with the Kings.  I'd love him, but you're totally right, he'd be a disaster with nice guy Fred.  He'd have been a treat with Thibs though.

The Bulls are a quandry right now.  I don't want them to win at all, but Lauri has been super fun to watch and seeing Dunn come around has been cool.  However, I HATE players like Justin Holiday.  Dudes who wouldn't even be a rotation player on a good squad, yet are gunners who love throwing up big numbers against mediocre teams and seemingly pushing the Bulls to wins in games it would behoove them to lose.  The worst.

However, I have no doubt that there will be a brutal FA signing in the offseason.  I just hope its not Rondo or Wade level bad.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #889 on: January 23, 2018, 03:17:27 PM »
Agreed.  Cousins seems to pop up with the Bulls, even back when he was still with the Kings.  I'd love him, but you're totally right, he'd be a disaster with nice guy Fred.  He'd have been a treat with Thibs though.

The Bulls are a quandry right now.  I don't want them to win at all, but Lauri has been super fun to watch and seeing Dunn come around has been cool.  However, I HATE players like Justin Holiday.  Dudes who wouldn't even be a rotation player on a good squad, yet are gunners who love throwing up big numbers against mediocre teams and seemingly pushing the Bulls to wins in games it would behoove them to lose.  The worst.

However, I have no doubt that there will be a brutal FA signing in the offseason.  I just hope its not Rondo or Wade level bad.

I'd absolutely trade Mirotic, Holiday, and maybe Lopez (who has been great and seems like a really good dude) before the deadline if possible. 

So hypothetically, say Cousins actually becomes a legit option in free agency.  Do you avoid a potential top 10 talent in the league because of his baggage and potential issues with Hoiberg when the team has historically been atrocious at attracting stars via free agency? 

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #890 on: January 23, 2018, 04:09:20 PM »
Jalen Rose reporting that Kawhi Leonard wants out of San Antonio. He would be a huge haul

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #891 on: January 23, 2018, 05:27:03 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #892 on: January 23, 2018, 11:15:17 PM »
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/01/lebron-lebron-james-instagram-photo-self-congratulatory-30000-points-meme-reaction-cavs

This. Is. Incredible.

What a friggin phony.

As you know, I'm a big LeBron fan. My choice for second-best player ever, and, from what we know publicly anyway, a pretty decent citizen.

But this was stupid, just as The Decision was stupid. And probably a few other things he's done have been stupid, too.

Some of the other great players in NBA history who also did some pretty stupid stuff: Magic, Michael, Wilt, Kobe, McHale, etc, etc, etc.

But yes, this was self-aggrandizing and stupid of LeBron.

Meanwhile ...

Kevin Love was knocked to the floor during a rebounding scrum in Tuesday's game vs. San Antonio. After the play was over, he put out his hand for some help, but his teammates ignored him.

Jae walked right past him, totally punked him. Kinda surprised me.

Cavs in trouble.

Then again, they seem to always go through a drama-filled, losing-filled stretch or two like this, and they seem to always recover.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Silkk the Shaka

• All American

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #894 on: January 24, 2018, 12:32:06 PM »
As you know, I'm a big LeBron fan. My choice for second-best player ever, and, from what we know publicly anyway, a pretty decent citizen.

But this was stupid, just as The Decision was stupid. And probably a few other things he's done have been stupid, too.

Some of the other great players in NBA history who also did some pretty stupid stuff: Magic, Michael, Wilt, Kobe, McHale, etc, etc, etc.

Meanwhile ...

Kevin Love was knocked to the floor during a rebounding scrum in Tuesday's game vs. San Antonio. After the play was over, he put out his hand for some help, but his teammates ignored him.

Cavs in trouble.

Then again, they seem to always go through a drama-filled, losing-filled stretch or two like this, and they seem to always recover.

This one feels different.  The Cavs defense is beyond crappy.  And they are so damn old.

And I'm not sure about Boston.  I think Toronto is the team that ends up getting it done in the East.

But they will still be no match for whomever comes out of the West.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #895 on: January 24, 2018, 01:18:16 PM »

Meanwhile ...

Cavs in trouble.

This is my other issue with Lebron.  He's DESPERATE to be praised and lauded.  I can't think of another great player that cared so much for what other meaningless people thought of him, outside of Dwight Howard and he sucks. 

But at the same time, the franchise he runs, he essentially controls, and he curated, tailspins and he wont stick up for his teammates.  Kevin Love has been a pariah ever since he arrived cause he wasn't one of Lebron's boys.  They don't win a title without him, yet the minute things are less than perfect, they turn on him.  He forced the Cavs to pay his buddy Tristan Thompson a monster deal and he's been absolute garbage since.  Regardless of health, IT for Kyrie is going to be a major downgrade for the Cavs.

I'm not going to besmirch Lebron's abilities, cause I've always said, while I don't think he's the GOAT, I think he's the most athletically gifted player the NBA has ever seen.  And there is no doubt he makes his teammates better on the court with his vision and his passing...HOWEVER, I think as a team leader and as someone who gets the "most" of others, he's pretty eh.  The talk of Anthony Davis to Cleveland is silly cause all Davis needs to do is look at Kyrie and Love to see what its like to be a star in Lebron's shadow.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #896 on: January 24, 2018, 01:42:33 PM »
Lebron is proof positive that Michael Jordan needed Jerry Krause.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #897 on: January 25, 2018, 09:35:24 AM »
Lebron is proof positive that Michael Jordan needed Jerry Krause.

Michael Jordan the NBA Executive is also proof positive that Michael Jordan needed Jerry Krause.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #898 on: January 25, 2018, 09:42:39 AM »
Weird how no one seemed to care when Rose walked away from the Cavs, but Love gets torched for everything

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #899 on: January 25, 2018, 09:52:33 AM »
This is my other issue with Lebron.  He's DESPERATE to be praised and lauded.  I can't think of another great player that cared so much for what other meaningless people thought of him, outside of Dwight Howard and he sucks. 

But at the same time, the franchise he runs, he essentially controls, and he curated, tailspins and he wont stick up for his teammates.  Kevin Love has been a pariah ever since he arrived cause he wasn't one of Lebron's boys.  They don't win a title without him, yet the minute things are less than perfect, they turn on him.  He forced the Cavs to pay his buddy Tristan Thompson a monster deal and he's been absolute garbage since.  Regardless of health, IT for Kyrie is going to be a major downgrade for the Cavs.

I'm not going to besmirch Lebron's abilities, cause I've always said, while I don't think he's the GOAT, I think he's the most athletically gifted player the NBA has ever seen.  And there is no doubt he makes his teammates better on the court with his vision and his passing...HOWEVER, I think as a team leader and as someone who gets the "most" of others, he's pretty eh.  The talk of Anthony Davis to Cleveland is silly cause all Davis needs to do is look at Kyrie and Love to see what its like to be a star in Lebron's shadow.

Look at the way that the Spurs/Popovich handled the LaMarcus Aldridge situation this offseason and compare it to the way that the Cavs handled the Kyrie Irving situation. It's not hard to figure out why one franchise has won 5 championships and had 50+ wins every season for the last 20 years and why the other struggles to keep their superstars from wanting out.

feedback