[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by BobWildLoyalist
[Today at 10:36:31 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Fire Wojo !  (Read 137398 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Fire Wojo !
« Reply #200 on: February 20, 2017, 05:42:25 PM »
Impossible to  to know, but the way I look at it, Blueitt and Sumner's presence would not have amounted to 23 more points for Xavier or 23 less points for us (or some combination of the two). Ergo, it was a good win. If we had only managed a single digit victory I would feel otherwise.

However, it is just one game. Doesn't mean we're better than X. Just outplayed them on Saturday. Could be totally different case when we go down to their place.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #201 on: February 20, 2017, 07:45:05 PM »
TAMU

It was nice win for the fella's and great weekend for the University. Hard to tell what happens if X is full strength and really does not matter. They took care of the business at hand on Saturday night.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #202 on: February 20, 2017, 11:34:46 PM »
TAMU

It was nice win for the fella's and great weekend for the University. Hard to tell what happens if X is full strength and really does not matter. They took care of the business at hand on Saturday night.

This.

Any team can only play the opponent on the court. The Warriors could have gone in overconfident, Markus could have missed 9 of 12, etc etc etc. Instead, they did what they had to do.

Next!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #203 on: February 20, 2017, 11:44:15 PM »
This.

Any team can only play the opponent on the court. The Warriors could have gone in overconfident, Markus could have missed 9 of 12, etc etc etc. Instead, they did what they had to do.

Next!

MU came out and did what they had to do,  they have to do the same to the Johnnies.  We saw happened to MU at the Garden,  down 15-7 or so and never climbed
back into the game.  X did make a comeback but for a change MU took the first 4 minutes in the second half and keeped up playing strong the rest of the way.  X
could blow us out at there place and it would not surprise me.   Beating the Johnnies and Providence will decide MU fate to the tourney.  Already beating Creighton
and X has been done, but losing twice to those other two would not good in the eyes of selection committee.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #204 on: February 21, 2017, 10:21:14 PM »
With a couple of exceptions - which can and will happen to any coach - I think Wojo has had a very good season and has shown a lot of progress as a coach.

The impressive win over the Johnnies was yet another example of him making this his team and getting very positive results from most of the roster.

I am high on this program's future, and Wojo is one of the main reasons why.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #205 on: February 22, 2017, 12:49:54 AM »
With a couple of exceptions - which can and will happen to any coach - I think Wojo has had a very good season and has shown a lot of progress as a coach.

The impressive win over the Johnnies was yet another example of him making this his team and getting very positive results from most of the roster.

Wojo only takes the easy rebuilds.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #206 on: February 22, 2017, 07:11:40 AM »

Oh what a few weeks can do to public opinion.  Should St. John's leave the Big East?  At least we got some wood burning over the past week, fire is a good thing.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #207 on: February 22, 2017, 07:24:17 AM »
If only he could coach bigs.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #208 on: February 22, 2017, 07:46:08 AM »
Last night was Wojo's 50th win with MU.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #209 on: February 22, 2017, 08:06:39 AM »
Oh what a few weeks can do to public opinion.  Should St. John's leave the Big East?  At least we got some wood burning over the past week, fire is a good thing.

Few weeks? Try 3 days!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #210 on: February 22, 2017, 08:21:38 AM »
Oh what a few weeks can do to public opinion. 

My public opinion, stated probably 100+ times in ScoopLand, was one urging patience and expressing optimism regarding Wojo.

So, as the shot blockers say, get that shyte outta here.

Now, it's true that many of our colleagues have been all over the place on our coach's performance and potential. And a deluded few even still insist that Wojo inherited a fine situation from Buzz and ripped him for being unable to accomplish what Jay Wright, Coach K, Calhoun, Al, Rollie, Lefty, Lute, K.O., etc, etc, etc also didn't accomplish early in their coaching careers.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #211 on: February 22, 2017, 09:10:56 AM »
MU82

I agree with much of you say regarding patience. That said, I really do think how the fella's perform the next couple weeks will tell how much patience should be acceptable. If they play hard and compete I am OK with finding silver lining, regardless of wins or losses. If they stink the joint up, the patience level shrinks for me.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #212 on: February 22, 2017, 10:42:47 AM »
MU82

I agree with much of you say regarding patience. That said, I really do think how the fella's perform the next couple weeks will tell how much patience should be acceptable. If they play hard and compete I am OK with finding silver lining, regardless of wins or losses. If they stink the joint up, the patience level shrinks for me.

We'll leave the light on for ya.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Goose

• All American
« Reply #213 on: February 22, 2017, 11:00:38 AM »
Loose

Huh?

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #214 on: February 22, 2017, 02:26:26 PM »
Loose

Huh?

Just don't want you to write us off if things go the stinky way for the last 3 games.  I see a lot of good thing this season, no matter what happens in the last 3 game.  I'm all in on the 5 year window.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #215 on: February 22, 2017, 02:28:46 PM »
Last night was Wojo's 50th win with MU.
Ners would have done that in one season.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #216 on: February 22, 2017, 02:37:05 PM »
Loose

I am giving Wojo far more patience than I would normally give a coach. That said, if the patience level rises with hard work and competitive two weeks, I think only fair to have things diminish if they stink the joint up. IMO there really is has been some fun moments, but overall a C grade from me. They live and die by the three ball and not how to build long term success, IMO.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #217 on: February 22, 2017, 02:45:45 PM »
Loose

I am giving Wojo far more patience than I would normally give a coach. That said, if the patience level rises with hard work and competitive two weeks, I think only fair to have things diminish if they stink the joint up. IMO there really is has been some fun moments, but overall a C grade from me. They live and die by the three ball and not how to build long term success, IMO.

Living by the 3 ball is how you win in basketball nowadays.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #218 on: February 22, 2017, 03:03:12 PM »
Loose

Sorry Goose, I'm more patience, I see the glass more than half full, I see Wojo right on track for a MU success.  I'm comfortable with a 5 year window.

I'm sure I can't convince you, but next season there might be more to add to our 3 ball attack.  Anyways "Light On" so we can keep your views on this Board. Thanks

Goose

• All American
« Reply #219 on: February 22, 2017, 03:33:56 PM »
Loose

There will not be more three point shooting next year. We can take 50 threes a game and it would not bother me in the least if they knew how to play D. Our live and die by the three this year is magnified by an inability to play D. Play tough D and they can chuck three's all day long.

This year the three ball is the only tool in the tool belt. Hence my giving the season a C.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 03:55:19 PM by Goose »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #220 on: February 22, 2017, 03:40:39 PM »
There will not be more three point shooting next year. We can 50 threes a game and it would not bother me in the least if they knew how to play D. Our live and die by the three this year is magnified by an inability to play D. Play tough D and they can chuck three's all day long.

Our top three shooters in terms of three-point percentage and makes are back next year. Haanif and Duane are both able shooters who could make up for the losses of JJ and Reinhardt. I'm not saying we'll exceed this year in 2017-18, but it's not impossible, especially if Cain can make threes or we add another grad transfer with range.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #221 on: February 22, 2017, 03:48:42 PM »
Brew

I know who is back and my point was based off who we are losing. My point was more in general that it would be hard to get off more threes in 40 minute game. I guess it could be equal, but my guess it will be lower. Again, play some hard nose full court D and chuck away.

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #222 on: February 22, 2017, 03:52:34 PM »
Our top three shooters in terms of three-point percentage and makes are back next year. Haanif and Duane are both able shooters who could make up for the losses of JJ and Reinhardt. I'm not saying we'll exceed this year in 2017-18, but it's not impossible, especially if Cain can make threes or we add another grad transfer with range.

I agree, will be as good as last year, and still there might be another grad transfer.  If Heldt improves 10% percent more, there might be some inside play as well.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #223 on: February 22, 2017, 10:15:49 PM »
If anything, we aren't shooting enough 3s this season.

We rank 4th nationally in 3-point pct (.419, just two ticks off of No. 1) but we are only 75th in treys attempted.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #224 on: February 22, 2017, 10:19:26 PM »
If anything, we aren't shooting enough 3s this season.

We rank 4th nationally in 3-point pct (.419, just two ticks off of No. 1) but we are only 75th in treys attempted.

If you sink them, you don't need as many attempts.
Have some patience, FFS.