[Today at 04:05:24 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by cheebs09
[Today at 04:00:16 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Ugly Win? Trust me  (Read 8409 times)

Farley36

• All American
Re: Ugly Win? Trust me
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2021, 06:33:14 PM »
If you could point out where I said we're not a bottom Big East team or that the future is bright, I'll gladly issue a retraction.

Sure you didn’t say those exact words but the whole post reads as a list of excuses and justifications.   Lots of worse games, not an indictment on the program.  This board is littered with people who want to make excuses for the dumpster fire this program has become.  Every trash performance is an indictment on the program.  We’re heading quickly to becoming Depaul North.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2021, 06:58:58 PM »
For your viewing pleasure...
https://twitter.com/MarquetteMBB/status/1366942438468820995
Thank you, that was sweet. Watching all four DePaul off-ball defenders just let him do it without even token resistance...
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2021, 07:22:51 PM »
I wish Carton would play with Perez's attitude.

If you were a Wardle fan then you should become a Perez fan. Similar size player who likes to shoot inside or out.
I'll confess that I'm becoming a fan of his presence on the court for a variety of reasons a few of them have 0 do do with his stat sheet contributions but we're at the 'it's entertainment' portion of this car crash of a season:

- I assume he's making those shots in practice and it'll start paying off in games because a) we can't count the number of transfers that have been written off their first year only to become valued members of the team (some never did but many have), and b) even with the injuries he'd have a shorter leash if he wasn't making them in practice (insert "that would be true if Wojo was a competent coach" comment here)
- His flat footed running style makes him look like molasses to the point that every time he keeps up in transition I'm surprised and, he's not the fastest on the court but, he keeps up.
- Ben Steele had a great tweet that was spot on and cracks me up every time he backs someone down to the basket (paraphrasing) "JP backs a guy down with the confidence of that sweaty guy at the Y during a noon game". And, he's pretty effective at getting that position ...... again I assume the % will go up.
- there is a greater than 50/50 chance I get a text from someone not an MU fan when he's shooting free throws that is basically "wait, is he standing there on purpose?"

Some will have issue with this because it's looking at the positive/entertainment side of things.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2021, 10:21:49 PM »
Sure you didn’t say those exact words but the whole post reads as a list of excuses and justifications.   Lots of worse games, not an indictment on the program.  This board is littered with people who want to make excuses for the dumpster fire this program has become.  Every trash performance is an indictment on the program.  We’re heading quickly to becoming Depaul North.

Maybe you need to check your reading glasses. Because the post also talks about how there are so many indictments of the program that an ugly win at DePaul ranks in the 90s....meaning that there are a lot of other things wrong with the program.

You and others keep mentioning things like "littered with people who want to make excuses" where are they exactly? I think 99% of the active posters on this board, myself included, have publicly said fire Wojo this season. Don't mistake accepting the reality that he will be our coach next season with being happy about it.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2021, 05:06:45 AM »
Maybe you need to check your reading glasses. Because the post also talks about how there are so many indictments of the program that an ugly win at DePaul ranks in the 90s....meaning that there are a lot of other things wrong with the program.

You and others keep mentioning things like "littered with people who want to make excuses" where are they exactly? I think 99% of the active posters on this board, myself included, have publicly said fire Wojo this season. Don't mistake accepting the reality that he will be our coach next season with being happy about it.
"Accepting the reality of it" is pure and simple a BS excuse. That "reality" can be changed if people have the will to change it.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2021, 05:19:26 AM »
"Accepting the reality of it" is pure and simple a BS excuse. That "reality" can be changed if people have the will to change it.
dude will be here next year. what do u want scoop folks to due. stand out side lovels place?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2021, 07:53:50 AM »

Please enlighten us Willie. What exactly can us scoopers do to change this reality if we have the will to do it?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2021, 07:18:55 PM »
dude will be here next year. what do u want scoop folks to due. stand out side lovels place?
Stop going to games is a start if they wish to continue to put this product out there.

feedback