[April 15, 2024, 10:12:01 PM]

Going Portaling: Which Portal Prospect do you want and why? by DoctorV
[April 15, 2024, 09:54:11 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Tyler COLEk
[April 15, 2024, 08:53:41 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PGsHeroes32
[April 15, 2024, 06:38:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Fire Wojo !  (Read 136615 times)

Mediocre Steve

• Walk-On
Re: Fire Wojo !
« Reply #500 on: March 05, 2020, 07:38:29 AM »
I noticed that this thread was started in 2015 and the exact same things are being brought up today...looks like Wojo has learned nothing and it's the same old stuff.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #501 on: March 05, 2020, 10:28:51 PM »
I'm bumping this to post a warning.  Anybody that just wants to come here and scream "Fire Wojo" etc, without offering any other any other thoughts will be banned for the rest of this season.

Poor Steve (post above) lost his privileges earlier today.

Now, I get it, after a tough loss, people like to fume.  We allow that.  You can also hate wojo, and lay out all the reasons he deserves to be fired.  I have no problem there.  But we've suddenly acquired too many instigators without enough substance.  I don't care how long you've been a member, or that other folks might think you're "good people". 

If you want to post negative one-liners - stick to twitter.  Here's a few examples of people on my short list...
https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=10838
https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=140
https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=8299

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #502 on: March 05, 2020, 10:31:56 PM »
How does this work? If i day fire wojo! Thats bannable but what if if i say fire wojo cuz he sucks! Is that enough substance. Ik not even guy that wants to fire wojo rn lol. Just wondering 😜

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #503 on: March 05, 2020, 10:34:26 PM »
How does this work? If i day fire wojo! Thats bannable but what if if i say fire wojo cuz he sucks! Is that enough substance. Ik not even guy that wants to fire wojo rn lol. Just wondering 😜

Don't try to understand the rules.  That's impossible.

You'll know if you break them!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #504 on: March 05, 2020, 10:36:09 PM »
I'm bumping this to post a warning.  Anybody that just wants to come here and scream "Fire Wojo" etc, without offering any other any other thoughts will be banned for the rest of this season.

Now, I get it, after a tough loss, people like to fume.  We allow that.  You can also hate wojo, and lay out all the reasons he deserves to be fired.  I have no problem there.  But we've suddenly acquired too many instigators without enough substance.  I don't care how long you've been a member, or that other folks might think you're "good people". 

If you want to post negative one-liners - stick to twitter.  Here's a few examples of people on my short list...

The real Meat Summit happens at Arby’s, old timers.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #505 on: March 05, 2020, 10:41:39 PM »

The amount of times I've been slandered and name-called by certain Projos and I end up on this list.  Ok.  Weird how it's all Nojos and no Projos.  What about the guy that tried to doxx someone in defense of Wojo?  Is he still around?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #506 on: March 05, 2020, 11:16:41 PM »

That's all?

Jesus wept, my list would be 3 max posts long.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #507 on: March 05, 2020, 11:53:13 PM »
The real Meat Summit happens at Arby’s, old timers.

where's the beeef ptm?

here's the real beef-wojo has shown no improvement, teams have figured him and the players out, especially as we get deeper into the season, teams have either played us and/or scouted us.  there has been absolutely no plan "b", "c" or "d" and due to all of this, the players are losing their confidence in him  wojo even tried getting a "T" (GASP!!) the other game and that went out like a fizzle.  the players were like-nice try man, but ya shoulda been doing that 8 games ago.  it took the worst officiated game of the year for him to get a technical??  i was watching sean miller friggin spit all over himself in the game against ucla.  the ref "t'd" him up.  miller didn't lose a beat, almost got the 2nd one before the ref could get to the scorers table...not to worry, seanie finished himself off in the 2nd half in huggie bear fashion.  now that is takin one for the team.  just don't get the first technical of your career in your 5th season and expect to fire up your team...yawn
don't...don't don't don't don't

🏀

• All American
« Reply #508 on: March 06, 2020, 05:45:36 AM »
where's the beeef ptm?

here's the real beef-wojo has shown no improvement, teams have figured him and the players out, especially as we get deeper into the season, teams have either played us and/or scouted us.  there has been absolutely no plan "b", "c" or "d" and due to all of this, the players are losing their confidence in him  wojo even tried getting a "T" (GASP!!) the other game and that went out like a fizzle.  the players were like-nice try man, but ya shoulda been doing that 8 games ago.  it took the worst officiated game of the year for him to get a technical??  i was watching sean miller friggin spit all over himself in the game against ucla.  the ref "t'd" him up.  miller didn't lose a beat, almost got the 2nd one before the ref could get to the scorers table...not to worry, seanie finished himself off in the 2nd half in huggie bear fashion.  now that is takin one for the team.  just don't get the first technical of your career in your 5th season and expect to fire up your team...yawn

Why you gots to insult Arby’s with a Wendy’s reference?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #509 on: March 06, 2020, 06:21:05 AM »
ND Sucks

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #510 on: March 06, 2020, 06:25:05 AM »
Darn.  We are engaged in the exact same debate from 5 years earlier.  This thread aged remarkably well.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #511 on: March 06, 2020, 07:59:09 AM »
I'd like to see one season without Howard to see if he resets his coaching philosophy to more team-oriented one.  I think that will open the player pipeline more than anything.

Really, mostly I'd like to see us defend better.  We have so much trouble getting runs going because we don't get momentum building stops nearly often enough.  We should have size and athleticism next season throughout the roster.  If we can't defend well then, we probably never will.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

panda

• All American
« Reply #512 on: March 06, 2020, 08:19:22 AM »
I'd like to see one season without Howard to see if he resets his coaching philosophy to more team-oriented one.  I think that will open the player pipeline more than anything.

Really, mostly I'd like to see us defend better.  We have so much trouble getting runs going because we don't get momentum building stops nearly often enough.  We should have size and athleticism next season throughout the roster.  If we can't defend well then, we probably never will.

To be fair, it was said the defense would be greatly improved this season due to better size and athleticism...

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #513 on: March 06, 2020, 08:53:11 AM »
To be fair, it was said the defense would be greatly improved this season due to better size and athleticism...
We certainly have better athleticism, but less size.
Our KenPom AdjD rating went from 96.7 last year to 96.3 this year, which is an improvement statistically, although our ranking decreased from 45 to 67 due to more teams having a better rating.  Overall it's pretty close and I'd call it a wash.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #514 on: March 06, 2020, 09:51:54 AM »
We certainly have better athleticism, but less size.
Our KenPom AdjD rating went from 96.7 last year to 96.3 this year, which is an improvement statistically, although our ranking decreased from 45 to 67 due to more teams having a better rating.  Overall it's pretty close and I'd call it a wash.

MU’s defense in conference is 105.5 this season, good for ninth. It was 2nd last year, with the so-called soft serves in place. Does that make this year’s team the “banana splits” or the “marshmallow sundaes”?

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #515 on: March 06, 2020, 10:01:05 AM »
MU’s defense in conference is 105.5 this season, good for ninth. It was 2nd last year, with the so-called soft serves in place. Does that make this year’s team the “banana splits” or the “marshmallow sundaes”?
Thanks for the info, that's interesting.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #516 on: March 06, 2020, 12:01:28 PM »

Shoot, I didn't make the short list. It's time to step up my game.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #517 on: March 06, 2020, 12:20:59 PM »

How old are we though -- I was told a few years ago that experience is a really important thing.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #518 on: March 07, 2020, 10:44:52 AM »
Hiroshima. An event, not a place.

Death on call

mcderjim

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #519 on: January 23, 2021, 09:43:12 PM »
5 years ago I called this coach out ! Still zero NCAA wins...add 2021 as another lost year

Mediocrity Embraced

• Walk-On
« Reply #520 on: February 27, 2021, 04:25:47 PM »
This needs to be bumped.

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #521 on: February 27, 2021, 04:33:16 PM »

Crean sucks.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #522 on: February 27, 2021, 08:44:41 PM »

Not knowing how the forum structure worked. Clicked the 1st link and saw my name. Sitting here going wtf did I do to make a short list! For way to long of a time.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #523 on: February 28, 2021, 12:43:19 AM »
Not knowing how the forum structure worked. Clicked the 1st link and saw my name. Sitting here going wtf did I do to make a short list! For way to long of a time.

Hah, it's gotten (somewhat deservedly) worse. But I wish these kiddos that come out of the woodwork would understand that hyperbole is not their friend.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #524 on: March 02, 2021, 01:12:44 PM »
We suck.