Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[April 17, 2024, 11:14:56 PM]

Academic All Americans by AlumKCof93
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:57 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by withoutbias
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:37 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 07:24:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Plaque Lives Matter!
[April 17, 2024, 06:35:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 05:13:59 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Fire Wojo !  (Read 136854 times)

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: Fire Wojo !
« Reply #450 on: March 13, 2018, 05:56:46 PM »
The year after FF was an important year for the program and Crean failed. Building off FF was crucial and the team laid an egg. I felt that was turning point of Crean era and the start of the end for him.

He got james McNeal Matthews and Lazar. He missed the tournament once (?) I'm not sure that's really a bad ending.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #451 on: March 13, 2018, 06:22:38 PM »
Unleash

Ask Dick Strong what he thought of post FF year.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #452 on: March 13, 2018, 06:25:29 PM »
He got james McNeal Matthews and Lazar. He missed the tournament once (?) I'm not sure that's really a bad ending.

Twice

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #453 on: March 13, 2018, 06:28:49 PM »
Unleash

Dick ain't around.  He left with the Wojo hire.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #454 on: March 13, 2018, 06:32:48 PM »
Dr.

I know.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #455 on: March 13, 2018, 07:35:36 PM »

Related to Marquette, or his financial situation (being fined $60 million by the SEC, barred from managing money for life and seeing the dissolution of his financial empire)?
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

fjm

• All American
« Reply #456 on: December 01, 2018, 07:00:15 PM »
I mean... come on right? Without Markus we wouldn’t have won! Or something... whatever. Now I’m just being sassy.

Good W. Great game. Showed a lot of strength in an ugly game. Hauser kept a level head after getting hammered with some tough calls.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #457 on: December 01, 2018, 10:31:13 PM »
Marquette's team is 7-0
Wojo is 0-2

Not that hard to understand. Fire Wojo.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #458 on: December 01, 2018, 11:40:31 PM »
I mean... come on right? Without Markus we wouldn’t have won! Or something... whatever. Now I’m just being sassy.

Good W. Great game. Showed a lot of strength in an ugly game. Hauser kept a level head after getting hammered with some tough calls.

so did theo...those refs must have spent 5 minutes looking for something they thought they saw during the play and it just didn't happen.  the damn thing shouldn't have even been called a foul.  the refs are looking at 2 different tv monitors wondering where the blood went
don't...don't don't don't don't

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #459 on: December 02, 2018, 08:03:00 AM »
so did theo...those refs must have spent 5 minutes looking for something they thought they saw during the play and it just didn't happen.  the damn thing shouldn't have even been called a foul.  the refs are looking at 2 different tv monitors wondering where the blood went

Theo got fouls called on him for the same reason that red sports cars get speeding tickets.
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #460 on: December 02, 2018, 08:04:41 AM »
Honestly I thought only one of Theo's fouls was a bad call, and that was on his block.  And even then I think the problem was with the follow through.  The way they were calling the game, the rest were at least consistent.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #461 on: December 02, 2018, 08:33:29 AM »
Honestly I thought only one of Theo's fouls was a bad call, and that was on his block.  And even then I think the problem was with the follow through.  The way they were calling the game, the rest were at least consistent.

Funny thing is, the one they were reviewing for 5 minutes was the least agregious. Yes I realize they were looking for appendages to the head and neck region, but even at full speed, it was just 2 guys jockeying for position. The defenders neck didn’t snap back or anything, so there was really nothing that stood out about the play.  it seemed at times the refs were micromanaging and at other times letting them play.  But the players(nor the fans) knew when and where that would be.

My son being at the game, said he had never heard so much complaining about the refs after a solid win. The 2 technicals,didn’t help, but when the refs are part of the conversation after a win, that’s not good.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #462 on: December 02, 2018, 08:38:58 AM »
Theo got his arm up to clear space.   It was the right call.    The reviewed to see if it was flagrant.   It wasn't.   Ultimately, the officials agreed that it was just two big guys jockeying for position but the offensive guy got his arm up.     Right call, just another delay in a game without flow. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #463 on: December 02, 2018, 08:42:18 AM »
Funny thing is, the one they were reviewing for 5 minutes was the least agregious. Yes I realize they were looking for appendages to the head and neck region, but even at full speed, it was just 2 guys jockeying for position. The defenders neck didn’t snap back or anything, so there was really nothing that stood out about the play.  it seemed at times the refs were micromanaging and at other times letting them play.  But the players(nor the fans) knew when and where that would be.

My son being at the game, said he had never heard so much complaining about the refs after a solid win. The 2 technicals,didn’t help, but when the refs are part of the conversation after a win, that’s not good.

I understand *why* they reviewed the play.  By the rules they should have.  I have no idea why it took so long to come to the conclusion they did.  It was pretty obvious the first time they showed the replay. 

I thought by far the two worst calls were the technicals.  Both were immediate, very short reactions and neither were directed at the officials.  And in college basketball, those count towards personal fouls which took two of the best players on the court out of the game.  There was zero reason for the ref to call either one of them.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #464 on: December 02, 2018, 09:07:11 AM »

I understand *why* they reviewed the play.  By the rules they should have.  I have no idea why it took so long to come to the conclusion they did.  It was pretty obvious the first time they showed the replay. 

I thought by far the two worst calls were the technicals.  Both were immediate, very short reactions and neither were directed at the officials.  And in college basketball, those count towards personal fouls which took two of the best players on the court out of the game.  There was zero reason for the ref to call either one of them.
Agree on both technicals.    The K-state one was the defender chasing Markus off a screen with a bump.   Ticky tack and he reacted.  Sam's felt like a make up call.   It sure looked like a good defensive play, and then the same ref had the same short fuse.    Both were wrong. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #465 on: December 03, 2018, 09:14:40 AM »
Fred Hoiberg was just fired from the Bulls. If the Wojo experiment doesn't work out, maybe we would give "The Mayor" a shot.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #466 on: December 03, 2018, 10:30:42 AM »
Fred Hoiberg was just fired from the Bulls. If the Wojo experiment doesn't work out, maybe we would give "The Mayor" a shot.

I have a feeling he will probably end up a very hot commodity if he does return to the college ranks. That said, I'd be very surprised if Marquette went after Hoiberg. He's a great offensive mind and will win wherever he goes, but something tells me admin wouldn't consider him.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #467 on: December 03, 2018, 10:41:43 AM »

And Jim Boyle’s is promoted to coach - at least for now.

alexius23

• Starter
« Reply #468 on: December 03, 2018, 10:43:41 AM »
Start it now, why not ?  Poor discipline. Poor coaching. Jacking up 3 pointers. Poor defense. No accountability. Another year of disappointment. Another year of poor defense against 3, poor interior defense and poor shooting. That's it ! How many millions does MU spend on BBall ?
Premature

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #469 on: December 22, 2018, 03:28:32 PM »
Marquette's team is 7-0
Wojo is 0-2

Not that hard to understand. Fire Wojo.

:)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #470 on: December 22, 2018, 08:55:51 PM »
:)

the one above yours was precious too-"start it now, why not?..."  come back comment by alexius was succinct!  wonder if skat man and mcderjim smoke rope together

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #471 on: February 23, 2019, 04:00:40 PM »
Start it now, why not ?  Poor discipline. Poor coaching. Jacking up 3 pointers. Poor defense. No accountability. Another year of disappointment. Another year of poor defense against 3, poor interior defense and poor shooting. That's it ! How many millions does MU spend on BBall ?

^^^^^^^^^^
Dumb a$$

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #472 on: February 23, 2019, 04:29:02 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^
Dumb a$$

Maybe I should give more warnings. 82 already got a vacation. This counts as insult / disrespect. Don't do it, or you too can get a vacation.

Not to mention, that was on a 2015 comment!

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #473 on: February 23, 2019, 04:32:09 PM »
Maybe I should give more warnings. 82 already got a vacation. This counts as insult / disrespect. Don't do it, or you too can get a vacation.

Not to mention, that was on a 2015 comment!
You need Arby's
Goal is National Championship

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #474 on: February 23, 2019, 04:33:44 PM »
You need Arby's

Maybe. But for a lease a few days you folks are going to be civil to each other, or else!

BTW, there are several ways to have the same effect as RCs post without calling someone a "dumbass"
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 04:38:01 PM by rocky_warrior »