[Today at 10:40:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 10:35:41 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:14:22 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Daily Dose of Doom Thread  (Read 162325 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Daily Dose of Doom Thread
« Reply #300 on: May 26, 2018, 11:12:24 AM »
Everybody dies.    Have some bacon. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #301 on: May 27, 2018, 05:39:07 AM »
1/3 of millenials not sure the earth is round

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/04/05/millennials-flat-earth-survey/

Dr. LeBlanc taught a United Nations class I took at MU. I had never even heard of The Flat Earth Society until a student in his class asked why the UN chose a FlatEarth map for its logo/flag. I will never forget LeBlanc's answer: "Well, the official response you will hear to that is that this configuration more easily allows for a visual depiction of complete UN membership." I thought to myself, "what is the unofficial answer?"!!

I taught a middle school astronomy class, and I am well-versed in what our Astronomy books teach. So please take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt....

The NASA imagery of Earth that we are fed changes radically from year to year and from decade to decade. One year, the North American continent appears to take up half the sphere, then five years later the same continent appears half its size.

The very logo of NASA itself features a serpent-like tongue.

Physicist Auguste Piccard in the early 20th century rode a balloon structure to the limits of the stratosphere and reported that the Earth appeared completely flat with upturned edges. His works were mysteriously "severely underreported" by media outlets of the day, according to several historians.

NASA is on record within the past year of saying that getting past the Van Allen radiation belt makes a manned flight going back to the moon "very difficult, if not impossible."  WHHAAAT?!!

Genius director Stanley Kubrick's daughter is on record stating that her father took liberties making Stephen King's THE SHINING into a movie, mainly so that he could communicate his angst and guilt over accepting the duties of staging our Moon landing. The movie functions on two levels, but Kubrick wanted to thumb his nose at NASA and the US govt.

The theory behind why there would be a vast effort to hide the true nature of the Earth goes something like this....Free Masons, who have dominated international political discourse for centuries, were a response to a repressive Church. The primacy of consumerism over spirituality was easy to take root if the Sun was millions of miles away and at the center of our universe, while we here on Earth were both hurtling around said Sun, all while spinning madly on our tilted axis. Heliocentric theory was thus put forth by Nicholas Copernicus as a response to geocentrism. The Jesuits backed Copernican thought.  (Thank God? Or Thank Man?)

Curvature of the earth is NEVER seen atop a skyscraper or in a jet, even at altitudes of over 3o,000 feet. People are seeing the appearance of curvature due to fish-eye lenses installed in buildings and on most commercial airliners.

Water always finds its level. While one can certainly slosh water around in a glass to mimic waves on an Ocean surface, isn't it a bit strange to imagine a spinning ball Earth made up of mostly Ocean water curving around a sphere, the concept of "gravity" notwithstanding?

Remember, President Nixon once said, "The American people will believe anything if they see it on TV." Yes, today, that could be modified to "the internet."

Remember also that our own CIA many years ago said that their mission would be complete when people believe that Down is Up, Fiction is Truth etc. Maybe this flat earth stuff is part of their deception. Or is it truth?

Think about all the things you were taught in grade school that turned out to be simplistic and merely part of the  socialization process. The world was one in which your entire day consisted of depending on and submitting to authority figures in your life. This was so out of necessity. Then we learned to think on our own.

I can explain the seasons, apparent motion, synchronous rotation (why we see only one side of the Moon) very well with the Globe model I grew up with. There are those who can explain night and day, seasons, etc using a Flat Earth model and a stationary, fixed Earth. Some of these proponents are fiercely religious, and some even fundamentalist in their strict interpretation of the Bible and its description of the Firmament, separating "waters below from the waters above." However, many Flat Earthers are secular humanists and approach the debate from an anti-capitalist bent.

I am in no way stating that the Earth is flat, nor even that I believe it to be flat. I will be ridiculed here for even broaching the subject. During a very difficult time in my life of being a full-time caregiver for my elderly parents, I reminisced about my coming-of-age years in the mid 1980s. I started noticing that music video after music video featured pyramid imagery, often with bright capstone light at the top. While I believe talk of the "illuminati" is a bit ridiculous, I know that talk of Free Masonry and elites, The Council on Foreign Relations, The Trilateral Commission and social clubs like Bohemian Grove, not to mention fraternal clubs like Skull and Bones is anything but frivolous. Ask yourself if there could be any vested interest in those groups keeping God far away and distant from mankind? It certainly sets a tone for a "divide and conquer" mentality that has been so pervasive in our world.

Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #302 on: May 27, 2018, 01:11:16 PM »
Dr. LeBlanc taught a United Nations class I took at MU. I had never even heard of The Flat Earth Society until a student in his class asked why the UN chose a FlatEarth map for its logo/flag. I will never forget LeBlanc's answer: "Well, the official response you will hear to that is that this configuration more easily allows for a visual depiction of complete UN membership." I thought to myself, "what is the unofficial answer?"!!

I taught a middle school astronomy class, and I am well-versed in what our Astronomy books teach. So please take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt....

The NASA imagery of Earth that we are fed changes radically from year to year and from decade to decade. One year, the North American continent appears to take up half the sphere, then five years later the same continent appears half its size.

The very logo of NASA itself features a serpent-like tongue.

Physicist Auguste Piccard in the early 20th century rode a balloon structure to the limits of the stratosphere and reported that the Earth appeared completely flat with upturned edges. His works were mysteriously "severely underreported" by media outlets of the day, according to several historians.

NASA is on record within the past year of saying that getting past the Van Allen radiation belt makes a manned flight going back to the moon "very difficult, if not impossible."  WHHAAAT?!!

Genius director Stanley Kubrick's daughter is on record stating that her father took liberties making Stephen King's THE SHINING into a movie, mainly so that he could communicate his angst and guilt over accepting the duties of staging our Moon landing. The movie functions on two levels, but Kubrick wanted to thumb his nose at NASA and the US govt.

The theory behind why there would be a vast effort to hide the true nature of the Earth goes something like this....Free Masons, who have dominated international political discourse for centuries, were a response to a repressive Church. The primacy of consumerism over spirituality was easy to take root if the Sun was millions of miles away and at the center of our universe, while we here on Earth were both hurtling around said Sun, all while spinning madly on our tilted axis. Heliocentric theory was thus put forth by Nicholas Copernicus as a response to geocentrism. The Jesuits backed Copernican thought.  (Thank God? Or Thank Man?)

Curvature of the earth is NEVER seen atop a skyscraper or in a jet, even at altitudes of over 3o,000 feet. People are seeing the appearance of curvature due to fish-eye lenses installed in buildings and on most commercial airliners.

Water always finds its level. While one can certainly slosh water around in a glass to mimic waves on an Ocean surface, isn't it a bit strange to imagine a spinning ball Earth made up of mostly Ocean water curving around a sphere, the concept of "gravity" notwithstanding?

Remember, President Nixon once said, "The American people will believe anything if they see it on TV." Yes, today, that could be modified to "the internet."

Remember also that our own CIA many years ago said that their mission would be complete when people believe that Down is Up, Fiction is Truth etc. Maybe this flat earth stuff is part of their deception. Or is it truth?

Think about all the things you were taught in grade school that turned out to be simplistic and merely part of the  socialization process. The world was one in which your entire day consisted of depending on and submitting to authority figures in your life. This was so out of necessity. Then we learned to think on our own.

I can explain the seasons, apparent motion, synchronous rotation (why we see only one side of the Moon) very well with the Globe model I grew up with. There are those who can explain night and day, seasons, etc using a Flat Earth model and a stationary, fixed Earth. Some of these proponents are fiercely religious, and some even fundamentalist in their strict interpretation of the Bible and its description of the Firmament, separating "waters below from the waters above." However, many Flat Earthers are secular humanists and approach the debate from an anti-capitalist bent.

I am in no way stating that the Earth is flat, nor even that I believe it to be flat. I will be ridiculed here for even broaching the subject. During a very difficult time in my life of being a full-time caregiver for my elderly parents, I reminisced about my coming-of-age years in the mid 1980s. I started noticing that music video after music video featured pyramid imagery, often with bright capstone light at the top. While I believe talk of the "illuminati" is a bit ridiculous, I know that talk of Free Masonry and elites, The Council on Foreign Relations, The Trilateral Commission and social clubs like Bohemian Grove, not to mention fraternal clubs like Skull and Bones is anything but frivolous. Ask yourself if there could be any vested interest in those groups keeping God far away and distant from mankind? It certainly sets a tone for a "divide and conquer" mentality that has been so pervasive in our world.

Being someone who has been in zero gravity, and who has done extensive work with NASA in the past, the Earth is most definitely round, and we have been on the moon.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #303 on: May 27, 2018, 02:22:16 PM »
BACON
Everybody dies.    Have some bacon.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #304 on: May 27, 2018, 11:34:45 PM »
Being someone who has been in zero gravity, and who has done extensive work with NASA in the past, the Earth is most definitely round, and we have been on the moon.

False. It's an oblate (pear shaped) spheroid. -Neil Degrasse Tyson

I'll take your word on it. Reassuring to know. Thanks.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #305 on: June 02, 2018, 10:19:24 AM »
https://www.ibtimes.co.in/nasa-covering-asteroid-collision-that-may-take-place-next-year-754577

The astronomers had even given a date of the possible asteroid collision, speculating it to hit Earth on February 1, 2019 at 11:47am GMT with an impact equal to 30 million nuclear bombs.

Eat Arbys.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #306 on: June 02, 2018, 11:04:19 AM »

I believe there are elite memberships in this world that only the most powerful are a part of.  Bilderberg, FreeMasons, Skull & Bones, but to what extent these or other entities have goes from the small to the conspiratorial.  Hard to say with events that have taken place in the last 25 years, or even last 3 years what could be going on.  Conspiracy delight for sure.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #307 on: June 03, 2018, 12:27:15 AM »
Sun's death.  Result: The beautiful, but dreaded planetary nebulae.

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/amp/ncna873041?__twitter_impression=true

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #308 on: June 03, 2018, 10:40:29 AM »
Sun's death.  Result: The beautiful, but dreaded planetary nebulae.

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/amp/ncna873041?__twitter_impression=true

Can it be "one of the prettiest objects in the sky" if there is no one to see it?
Have some patience, FFS.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #309 on: June 03, 2018, 12:52:08 PM »
Can it be "one of the prettiest objects in the sky" if there is no one to see it?

Well, there's about 5 billion years for the distant audience to evolve. So maybe.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #310 on: June 03, 2018, 02:49:09 PM »
https://www.ibtimes.co.in/nasa-covering-asteroid-collision-that-may-take-place-next-year-754577

The astronomers had even given a date of the possible asteroid collision, speculating it to hit Earth on February 1, 2019 at 11:47am GMT with an impact equal to 30 million nuclear bombs.

Eat Arbys.
Upside: No Valentine's Day to contend with
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #311 on: June 03, 2018, 03:09:16 PM »
Upside: No Valentine's Day to contend with

Hell of a Groundhog's Day shadow, though.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #312 on: June 04, 2018, 11:22:07 AM »

Punxatawney Phil emerges, sees largest shadow ever, predicts 8 more milliseconds of winter, followed by 2 seconds of summer, followed by 10 years of cloudy with a chance of ice age.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #313 on: June 04, 2018, 11:24:42 AM »

6 more weeks of nuclear winter?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #314 on: June 04, 2018, 11:39:07 AM »
6 more weeks of nuclear winter?

On the positive side, it will cancel out global warming.
Have some patience, FFS.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #315 on: June 04, 2018, 07:58:25 PM »
On the positive side, it will cancel out global warming.
So all-in-all it sounds like the board is pro asteroid.  I'm glad we can all finally agree on something.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #316 on: June 05, 2018, 08:33:14 AM »
So all-in-all it sounds like the board is pro asteroid.  I'm glad we can all finally agree on something.

I'm not sold on Asteroid.
Sure, it has a high NASA ranking, but those rankings are garbage.
Need 5 ice ages to judge.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #317 on: June 05, 2018, 10:11:16 AM »
I'm not sold on Asteroid.
Sure, it has a high NASA ranking, but those rankings are garbage.
Need 5 ice ages to judge.

+1.  Our osculating orbital elements during time outs are very suspect.  Matter matters, aina?

Archies Bat

• All American
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 05:08:54 PM by mu_hilltopper »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #319 on: June 14, 2018, 11:32:13 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/13/climate/antarctica-ice-melting-faster.html

Pretty sure this means we should all buy boats this summer.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #320 on: June 14, 2018, 12:59:30 PM »
Went to Arby's at lunch.  Line was 10+ deep in the drive thru and 6 deep inside with 4 groups waiting for their MEATS.

Not sure if this is doom or not.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #321 on: June 14, 2018, 02:24:46 PM »
Went to Arby's at lunch.  Line was 10+ deep in the drive thru and 6 deep inside with 4 groups waiting for their MEATS.

Not sure if this is doom or not.

Um, yeah. 

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American

jsglow

• All American

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!