[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8336520 times)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: Recruiting as of 3/15
« Reply #950 on: March 26, 2016, 04:13:38 PM »
The recruitment of guards beyond Howard is interesting to say the least. Makes you think something is up.

Here's how I would break down the roster:

Group1:
Carter
Cheatham
Duane
Rowsey

Group 2:
JJJ
Cohen
Hauser
Anim
Wally

Group 3:
Fischer
Heldt
(Henry)

If MU signs Howard, that would add another to group 1. If MU doesn't sign Howard, I still don't feel there is a need for another player in that group unless someone from there is leaving. The roster seems pretty imbalanced to me especially with so many question marks at the group 2 & 3 positions.

Also, is Bailey officially not coming this year ?

I cannot see how Duane would want to transfer, unless somehow he is in position to graduate this summer after just three Years of college. Seems unlikely to me - but of the guards he seems to be the most likely to be upset with his current situation. Just don't see him burning a year of eligibility to transfer, and I personally really hope he doesn't transfer.

Perhaps Carter sees the writing on the wall with Rowsey becoming eligible and MU in hot pursuit of Howard and decides to go elsewhere. I suppose I could see that - id be bummed, but MU will be OK assuming Duane, Rowsey and Howard are in the fold.

Rowsey is going no where. I cannot for the life of me see why Cheatham would transfer after the year he had unless he just hates Milwaukee. This is his team for the next 3 years. I also don't see JJ leaving at this point.

After that, any guard / wing players that may decide to leave aren't going to really kill MU.

Just really hoping Cheatham and Duane stay put.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #951 on: March 27, 2016, 12:53:57 PM »
Hate adding to speculation but I'm just gonna say I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Sandy transferred.
No inside info, purely a gut feeling.  Dude looked absolutely lost for 3 months and is gonna be moved down the depth chart.

hoops12

• Starter
« Reply #952 on: March 27, 2016, 01:23:46 PM »
Transfers are always an interesting topic. Kids typically want to play "right now". The days of earning your minutes or learning the system only exist if teams are winning at a very high level. Even then it can be tough to sit! As for possible transfers, who knows. In saying that, I believe the if Wilson wanted to transfer he most likely would be given a redshirt year by the NCAA. He was out initially due to a medical redshirt (which is looked upon differently by the NCAA), so I believe he would be allowed to transfer and not lose a year of eligibility. Sandy is a nice looking athlete, but he hasn't shown much progress in two years. New scenery may be good for him. My hope is that both stay and improve, but only time will tell.

GO MU!

connie

• All American
« Reply #953 on: March 27, 2016, 01:45:29 PM »
There has been credible chatter about a potential transfer.  I won't share a name and I think it's fair to say that the situation might be 'evolving'.  While I know nothing specific, recall that the kids are all due back on campus Tuesday for the resumption of class.  All have been home (or wherever) for 10 days now.  I bet we know lots more in the next 2 weeks.  I wouldn't even be surprised if Wojo asked them to 'finalize' their thoughts in conjunction with their family over break.  I suppose one might argue that played into a decision not to consider Vegas16, among many other factors.  Fair enough?
Other than Henry, the only one I really fear leaving is Cheatham.  While it is always sad to have a transfer, the record of the rest of our roster is not something that causes me to look at who we have and think "the end is here" if they leave. I guess I really don't consider Duane or JJJ just because of their positions re: age and anticipated playing time.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #954 on: March 27, 2016, 01:52:16 PM »
Other than Henry, the only one I really fear leaving is Cheatham.  While it is always sad to have a transfer, the record of the rest of our roster is not something that causes me to look at who we have and think "the end is here" if they leave. I guess I really don't consider Duane or JJJ just because of their positions re: age and anticipated playing time.

Yea, Cheatham won't transfer, nor will Luke or JJJ. Duane already used his redshirt so unless he csn get a medical redshirt for that one I don't think it's gonna be him either.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #955 on: March 27, 2016, 01:53:10 PM »
Oh noes!  You guys are all derailing Glow's recruiting thread!  :P

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #956 on: March 27, 2016, 01:56:09 PM »
Always shake my head when I see this reckless transfer speculation. I know we've all been conditioned to expect transfers from MU, but c'mon.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #957 on: March 27, 2016, 03:30:59 PM »
In saying that, I believe the if Wilson wanted to transfer he most likely would be given a redshirt year by the NCAA. He was out initially due to a medical redshirt (which is looked upon differently by the NCAA), so I believe he would be allowed to transfer and not lose a year of eligibility.

That's not how it works.

First, he was not out due to a "medical redshirt" (e.g., he did not receive a medical hardship waiver). If you recall, the decision was made in DECEMBER of his freshman year that he would sit out the year... and it was publicly discussed that it was not an issue of him being physically incapable of playing (a requirement of a medical hardship waiver). The NCAA bends and waives its own rules at times, but in this case it's clear that Duane wasn't a medical hardship waiver candidate.

Now, even if he had been given a hardship waiver for his freshman year or if he tried to pursue in the future related to his true freshman year, it would only become relevant if he stayed at Marquette.

Upon transferring, he'd have to sit out a year in residence. To get in all four years, the question becomes one of the Five-Year Rule. A requirement for the Five-Year Rule is that a player misses two seasons due to circumstances outside of his control. Because he'd miss a second season due to his own decision to transfer schools, he would not meet the requirements of the Five-Year Rule.

In other words, let's pretend he did received a medical hardship waiver for his freshman year (which he did not in reality). It would become irrelevant if he were to transfer because of the Five-Year Rule.

----------------

PS, I would like to see MBD transfer back and play with us next season!!!!!!!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

hoops12

• Starter
« Reply #958 on: March 27, 2016, 03:52:41 PM »
JayBee, thank you for the clarification. I didn't realize that. I knew Duane was setback by the injury and wasn't ready to play his freshman season. However, I didn't realize he had to stay at Marquette to potentially get an additional year of eligibility. (if he petitioned successfully with the NCAA) Thank you for clearing that up. Duane would be crazy to even considering transferring then.

GO MU!

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #959 on: March 27, 2016, 04:02:17 PM »

PS, I would like to see MBD transfer back and play with us next season!!!!!!!

Maybe I am being dense but who is MBD?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #960 on: March 27, 2016, 04:20:41 PM »
Maybe I am being dense but who is MBD?

Eonte Burton.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #961 on: March 27, 2016, 04:36:23 PM »
Eonte Burton.

got it thanks -- was my guess - but had no idea if that was the reference.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #962 on: March 27, 2016, 05:44:21 PM »
Always shake my head when I see this reckless transfer speculation. I know we've all been conditioned to expect transfers from MU, but c'mon.

Well when someone comes out and basically says he has head someone is transferring but won't say his name - speculation is to be expected. I generally never speculate about transfers during the season, but right now it's a fair topic IMO. And that is coming from someone who hopes like hell the whole team returns.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #963 on: March 27, 2016, 07:48:00 PM »
Oh noes!  You guys are all derailing Glow's recruiting thread!  :P

HA. I'm thinking that the speculation of a transfer explains some of Wojo's motivation so absent any real news.......

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #964 on: March 28, 2016, 06:44:13 PM »
@Markushoward11: My brother is so gifted man @JordaniHoward can't wait till April 3rd
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 07:33:22 PM by WarriorPride68 »

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #965 on: March 28, 2016, 07:18:39 PM »
???? What are you saying?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #966 on: March 28, 2016, 07:45:13 PM »
@Markushoward11: My brother is so gifted man @JordaniHoward can't wait till April 3rd
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #967 on: March 28, 2016, 08:19:43 PM »
Did you figure out what April 3rd was?

No didn't. I just wanted to retreat abit on the panic button. I'm still curious as to what that date implies :) early signing period is April 16th I believe

Warrior_2002

• Team Captain
« Reply #968 on: March 28, 2016, 08:47:09 PM »
Is it too early to start speculation on transfers to Marquette?  See Daniel Giddens who looked at Marquette is transferring out of Ohio State.  Nice big.   

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #969 on: March 28, 2016, 09:00:51 PM »
Is it too early to start speculation on transfers to Marquette?  See Daniel Giddens who looked at Marquette is transferring out of Ohio State.  Nice big.

this guy looks like he has some potential!!  big, strong, athletic and good lineage-oak hill academy.  with a little work, could anyone see a nice 4/5 here?  what would we need to do?  get andre mcgee on the horn-heyoooooo!!
don't...don't don't don't don't

Big Daddy 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #970 on: March 28, 2016, 10:13:47 PM »
Did you figure out what April 3rd was?

It is the day after his last game.  FP is playing in the Dick's championship in NYC and the last game is on Saturday.  So April 3rd his season is over.  Should be back home on the 3rd.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #971 on: March 28, 2016, 10:29:54 PM »
It is the day after his last game.  FP is playing in the Dick's championship in NYC and the last game is on Saturday.  So April 3rd his season is over.  Should be back home on the 3rd.

Thanks again
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #972 on: March 29, 2016, 09:13:14 AM »
Vegas and I have initiated surveillance of both his home and FP.  We're in unmarked cars about a half block down and will report any developments.  8-)

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #973 on: March 29, 2016, 09:55:43 AM »

Are any other MU targets playing in this?  I checked out the website and may consider going on Saturday if FP makes it to the championship game.  They list the other schools playing, but don't have the team bios up yet.

St. Benedict's Prep (NJ)
La Lumiere (IN)
Montverde Academy (FL)
Providence Day (NC)
Oak Hill Academy (VA)
Wasatch Academy (UT)
Findlay Prep (NV)
Miller Grove (GA)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #974 on: March 29, 2016, 09:58:52 AM »
Are any other MU targets playing in this?  I checked out the website and may consider going on Saturday if FP makes it to the championship game.  They list the other schools playing, but don't have the team bios up yet.

St. Benedict's Prep (NJ)
La Lumiere (IN)
Montverde Academy (FL)
Providence Day (NC)
Oak Hill Academy (VA)
Wasatch Academy (UT)
Findlay Prep (NV)
Miller Grove (GA)

Bruno Fernando plays for Montverde.

feedback