[Today at 06:18:19 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by MuMark
[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8338319 times)

MuMark

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 2/15
« Reply #550 on: February 25, 2016, 11:03:32 AM »
Joey and Sam will also be there per Mark Miller

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #551 on: February 25, 2016, 11:12:56 AM »
Joey and Sam will also be there per Mark Miller

You mean, according to you.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #552 on: February 27, 2016, 09:56:37 AM »
Bruno Fernando visiting Florida State this weekend

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #553 on: February 27, 2016, 10:18:27 AM »
You mean, according to you.

No I'm not Mark Miller

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #554 on: February 28, 2016, 08:42:45 AM »
Room for regulatory interpretation? "Coach's plane."

+1  I like the way you think.

And so I understand, when a kid takes an 'official' all his expenses are paid by the school with restrictions as noted by Sultan.  I know the limit is 5.  When a kid takes an 'unofficial'  assuming it's entirely on his dime.  And those are unlimited.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #555 on: February 28, 2016, 09:39:10 AM »
Markus Howard may reclassify as a 2016 recruit.
And his mom has some really positive things to say about MU, Stan Johnson and Wojo.

https://www.sny.tv/college-recruiting/news/2017-point-guard-markus-howard-taking-officials-weighing-reclass-to-2016/165608856

Marquette and Coach Steve Wojciechowski will get their shot this weekend as the Howard's travel to Milwaukee for his second official visit. The connection with Wojciechowski started with assistant Stan Johnson during his time at Arizona State under coach Bobby Hurley.

"The assistant coach that was at ASU was Stan Johnson," Said Howard. "Stan is one of the most pivotal people in Markus' life when it comes to recruiting. He was the one who recruited Markus at the end of his 8th grade year, that summer.

"So Stan has been with Markus prior to him entering the ninth grade, so probably three years now," Howard continued. "So for Markus, that is a pretty big deal because of their relationship outside of the whole basketball thing. He's always kept in touch with Markus, him and Coach Wojo. That's a draw for Markus.

"They have a former NBA player on staff in Travis (Diener)," said Noemi Howard. "Coach Wojo was under Coach K. Played at Duke. It's a blue blood program. They have great history there and they really pour a lot into that program. Wojo is very selective in the kids that he chooses. He's just a character coach. He's seen it front and center what happens when you recruit those kind of players."

BossplayaOtto

• All American
« Reply #556 on: February 28, 2016, 10:13:23 AM »
And his mom has some really positive things to say about MU, Stan Johnson and Wojo.

https://www.sny.tv/college-recruiting/news/2017-point-guard-markus-howard-taking-officials-weighing-reclass-to-2016/165608856

Marquette and Coach Steve Wojciechowski will get their shot this weekend as the Howard's travel to Milwaukee for his second official visit. The connection with Wojciechowski started with assistant Stan Johnson during his time at Arizona State under coach Bobby Hurley.

"The assistant coach that was at ASU was Stan Johnson," Said Howard. "Stan is one of the most pivotal people in Markus' life when it comes to recruiting. He was the one who recruited Markus at the end of his 8th grade year, that summer.

"So Stan has been with Markus prior to him entering the ninth grade, so probably three years now," Howard continued. "So for Markus, that is a pretty big deal because of their relationship outside of the whole basketball thing. He's always kept in touch with Markus, him and Coach Wojo. That's a draw for Markus.

"They have a former NBA player on staff in Travis (Diener)," said Noemi Howard. "Coach Wojo was under Coach K. Played at Duke. It's a blue blood program. They have great history there and they really pour a lot into that program. Wojo is very selective in the kids that he chooses. He's just a character coach. He's seen it front and center what happens when you recruit those kind of players."

Thanks for sharing.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #557 on: February 28, 2016, 10:15:02 AM »
Love the mother's comments.  Sounds like a really good fit.  Would love to see Markus play for Marquette! 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #558 on: February 28, 2016, 10:18:14 AM »
"It's a blue blood program."

I love Markus' mom!!!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #559 on: February 28, 2016, 10:20:04 AM »

I love Markus' mom!!!!

It's hard to tell if she was talking about Duke or MU.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #560 on: February 28, 2016, 10:23:21 AM »

Someone needs to go ahead and update the schollie table now. This is a #donedeal, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #561 on: February 28, 2016, 10:31:07 AM »
How does Rowseys game compare to Howards game?  Can you really play two small guards at once?  Rowsey is a 4th year junior so he has a great deal of experience
vs. Howard.  Yesterday it was obvious that Cheatham was playing some two since Duane was pathetic.  If they sign Howard, there will be a great deal of competition
at the guard spots.  Can Howard play the point, as much as I think Carter has come on a little he still can not shoot the ball and that is a problem.  It will be a good problem to have, since all those players will be at MU for at least 2 more years.  With the disappearance of Cohen, you might see Cheatham and JJJ up front next year
with Rowsey, Howard and Wilson, in the backcourt.  Sort of like Villy was yesterday.  Hope Sam can come in and at least hit a shot or two.  Cohen is like having Juan
or Derrick, 4 on 5.  Can not win that way.

As much as want Howard to come, a big is still a major issue needed.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #562 on: February 28, 2016, 10:32:03 AM »
It's hard to tell if she was talking about Duke or MU.

MU - the whole paragraph is about MU.  I love her too!

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #563 on: February 28, 2016, 10:36:57 AM »
He wants to reclassify, if he can play right away. I wonder what his expectation of playing time is. Playing 10 minutes a game, 15 minutes a game, starting, etc. All of MU's guards are returning and Rowsey will be added to that group. Carter actually played pretty well in the second half yesterday. I am not sure how MU fits into his expectation of playing right away. I would not count out Central Arkansas in this one.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #564 on: February 28, 2016, 12:08:58 PM »

I love Markus' mom!!!!

Ms. Howard, we'd love to welcome your family to Marquette.  Marcus will be expected to excel in the classroom and grow as a person during his time here.  I'll bet that's something you're looking for.  If you need help picking out a winter coat, we can certainly help.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #565 on: February 28, 2016, 12:15:36 PM »
He wants to reclassify, if he can play right away. I wonder what his expectation of playing time is. Playing 10 minutes a game, 15 minutes a game, starting, etc. All of MU's guards are returning and Rowsey will be added to that group. Carter actually played pretty well in the second half yesterday. I am not sure how MU fits into his expectation of playing right away. I would not count out Central Arkansas in this one.

Howard would be our starting point guard next season and would also play a little bit off of the ball at times.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #566 on: February 28, 2016, 12:29:30 PM »
re: Howard and Henry...

My mind if I'm Howard..
a) Henry stays, I've got a future NBA big man to play with... I will shine scoring the ball and dishing it.. great situation;
b) Henry leaves.. this team just lost a high-usage scorer.. I am a scorer. This team can use a PG and a scorer... that's me. Ready to help.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #567 on: February 28, 2016, 12:35:52 PM »
re: Howard and Henry...

My mind if I'm Howard..
a) Henry stays, I've got a future NBA big man to play with... I will shine scoring the ball and dishing it.. great situation;
b) Henry leaves.. this team just lost a high-usage scorer.. I am a scorer. This team can use a PG and a scorer... that's me. Ready to help.

Makes perfect sense to me.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #568 on: February 28, 2016, 08:28:28 PM »
Howard would be our starting point guard next season and would also play a little bit off of the ball at times.
Keep telling him that and hopefully he will believe it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #569 on: February 28, 2016, 08:43:20 PM »
Keep telling him that and hopefully he will believe it.

I think he saw it all he needed to on the court yesterday.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #570 on: February 28, 2016, 08:51:26 PM »

Traci Carter shows flashes, but yeah I think the PG position is far from settled next year.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #571 on: February 28, 2016, 08:57:14 PM »

Traci Carter shows flashes, but yeah I think the PG position is far from settled next year.

Agreed I like Traci a lot but I think shooting from your point guard is important and I don't think Traci has that skill, while I think Howard does. I also hope that Howard would be a little bit more sure of himself? For lack of a better way of putting it. Sometimes Carter doesn't think and just reacts, but sometimes it seems he's unsure of whether to shoot it or pass it or drive it and winds up somewhere in the middle, which is not a good place to be in.

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #572 on: February 28, 2016, 09:05:50 PM »
Traci is unsure what to do.  He can get in the paint but does not have a shot like Cohen or Cheatham, hard to watch 3 players who have no idea how to shot a jump
shot.  I expect big things from Rowsey next year and might need it from Sam as well.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #573 on: February 28, 2016, 09:08:24 PM »
He also saw how big and strong Villanova players were.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #574 on: February 28, 2016, 09:23:07 PM »
Agreed I like Traci a lot but I think shooting from your point guard is important and I don't think Traci has that skill, while I think Howard does. I also hope that Howard would be a little bit more sure of himself? For lack of a better way of putting it. Sometimes Carter doesn't think and just reacts, but sometimes it seems he's unsure of whether to shoot it or pass it or drive it and winds up somewhere in the middle, which is not a good place to be in.

Sooooo... you're saying he's a freshman? Carter is criminally underrated by some here.  He just dished out 10 assists against the #1 team in the country that's stacked with experienced guards. The offense also gets very stagnant when he's on the bench for extended periods of time.

He already has the mentality and passing skill to run a high major offense in my opinion. Those two things are what I look for first in a PG. His shooting mechanics are solid and can improve over time. After an offseason of work and maturation for Carter it would take a very talented and polished PG to come in and take the role from him as a freshman. Perhaps Howard is that guy, but it seems odd to be talking about it like he would obviously come in and start immediately at the 1.