[Today at 07:52:45 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by MarquetteVol
[Today at 07:30:33 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Goose
[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Judge Smails
[Today at 07:02:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8338481 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Recruiting as of 8/1
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2015, 12:09:49 PM »
Isn't Hauser a SF? Why would we get two in the same class when it isn't a glaring need for our team...? I know it's just a visit, but I have to imagine Wojo sees one of these guys as more of a PF or a SG, right? I know nothing about this kid, I'm just asking the question

Add MuMark's post indicates, I think we'd be recruiting Stevens as a PF. If Henry leaves (and even if he doesn't) that's a position of need for 2016.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2015, 12:14:21 PM »
The closing of Lenny's Tap has denied future generations of the third leg of the "Marquette Stool of Success"

I felt the same after The Avalanche closed.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2015, 12:44:37 PM »
I felt the same after The Avalanche closed.

Marquette lost a lot of its heart and soul when the University launched its neighborhood cleansing campaign...

Lenny's. the Lanche, Hegarty's, the Gym...

Jesus wept

Death on call

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2015, 01:28:09 PM »
Marquette lost a lot of its heart and soul when the University launched its neighborhood cleansing campaign...

Jesus wept

It's amazing how many there were at one point. I was only around for Hegarty's end days.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2015, 02:31:13 PM »

Jesus wept

No doubt.  But I'd really like this to remain on topic my friend.   :)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2015, 03:10:51 PM »
Stevens scouting report from ESPN
SCOUTING REPORT
ESPN Analyst
Updated 06/16/2015
Strengths:
Stevens is an undersized 4-man for the high-major level. The 6-foot-7ish burly power forward has a knack to score in a variety of ways. His bread and butter move is to attack at the elbow area and utilize a solid 1st step and excellent footwork to finish off moves in the paint area. Despite not having great lift he knows how to use his thick frame (strong physique) and overall good length to score through and over contact. While finishing in the paint area he does a nice job of getting his body into shot blockers to score at an efficient rate. He has clever foot work, solid fundamentals, and a tremendous feel to score 12-feet and in.
Weaknesses:
Stevens needs to continue to expand his game out to the 3-point line and improve his shooting touch overall. In addition, he needs to continue to improve his quickness, strength, and bounce to make him a reliable scorer at the college level.
Bottom Line:
Stevens is undersized, but he has the motor, strength, skill, and scoring mentality to be an effective college player.

Sounds like Baby Davante
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2015, 04:06:49 PM »
Sounds like Baby Davante

My thought was Lazar without the outside game, but yeah, this works too.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2015, 07:18:18 PM »
No doubt.  But I'd really like this to remain on topic my friend.   :)

Grunts, GT Charlie's.....

The Lost Dutchman's Mine.......

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2015, 07:54:15 PM »
Isn't Hauser a SF? Why would we get two in the same class when it isn't a glaring need for our team...? I know it's just a visit, but I have to imagine Wojo sees one of these guys as more of a PF or a SG, right? I know nothing about this kid, I'm just asking the question

From my post in the Lamar Stevens thread from last month...

I've watched quite a bit of Team Final again this year... familiar with Lamar. Some thoughts:

- PHYSICAL. Lots of contact in his game, both on offense and defense. Always up for taking on bigger defenders and does so aggressively. Can play bigger than 6'6".
- College position - Depending on what you want to do with him, 3/2/4. His ball handling is good enough where you may be able to have him play off guard. Because of his physicality, some defenders would really struggle with him. His strength and grit/determination is such that even at his height you could have him play some 4. Solid rebounder for his size. Can be a mean customer. (Plus, 6'6" is the normal height of an MU PF.) Probably best fit at a HM D-I is at 3. Most "natural fit" is probably 4. He's a guy who can defend a number of different player types and is a strong, all-around contributor.
- Not a guy who bombs from three - he looks to attack off the dribble and get to the bucket; can knock down mid-range shots, but most of what I've seen is him doing work in the paint. And it's good work.
- Will register a good amount of both blocks and steals in college.

Stevens would be a nice add.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2015, 08:34:02 PM »
From my post in the Lamar Stevens thread from last month...

Thanks Jay Bee.  I remember last year when the scrappy guy down low was none other than some folks favorite whipping boy De. Wilson.  Find me a 6'6" guy who can bang around down there and do some dirty work off the bench anytime.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2015, 08:46:11 PM »
Pat Lawless ‏@GiveNGobball  2h2 hours ago
'18 PF Jalen Smith has picked up an offer from Miami. He has also received offers from Providence and Marquette per @realA_rosenfeld.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2015, 09:57:34 PM »

Jesus wept

We all wept

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2015, 08:14:17 AM »
Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein  57m57 minutes ago
2016 wing Brendan Bailey will take an official visit to Marquette this weekend, source told @CBSSports. Top-75 player in class.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2015, 08:30:07 AM »
Does this imply anything about Coffey to you guys?  Wojo's history with 'official visits' is approaching 100%.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2015, 08:45:37 AM »
Does this imply anything about Coffey to you guys?  Wojo's history with 'official visits' is approaching 100%.

If it is correct that he will go on his Mormon mission then I think this is great.  Get Coffey in for 2016 and get Bailey in for 2018.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2015, 09:40:09 AM »
okay fellas, I just reclassified Bailey as an '18 for now and put him at the top of the list.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2015, 10:05:14 AM »
If it is correct that he will go on his Mormon mission then I think this is great.  Get Coffey in for 2016 and get Bailey in for 2018.

So, are ya sayin' he's Jewish or not, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2015, 10:20:40 AM »
You know what guys?  When Wojo gets a commitment this weekend from Bailey as an '18 (beginning play as a 20 y/o Frosh), then gets Kostas to agree to a year of prep coming as a '17 and THEN signs Coffey for next year we'll all be doing the happy dance.  It's not impossible.  Heck, it's not even a pipe dream.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2015, 11:01:46 AM »
If it is correct that he will go on his Mormon mission then I think this is great. Get Coffey in for 2016 and get Bailey in for 2018.

Looking at the roster makeup, I'd almost rather have Lamar Stevens at this point. But after Henry goes pro, there will be room for both he and Coffey.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2015, 12:54:18 PM »

Most 18 year old males would love to spend two years in some kind of missionary position, ai-na?

MuMark

• All American

wadesworld

• All American
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2015, 06:54:23 PM »
http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/mustapha-heron-has-a-top-five/
Alabama, Auburn, Mississippi State
St John's, Marquette

Listed as from CT. Kind of a weird list combo. No blue bloods, 2 private northern schools in cities, and then 3 huge southern schools.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2015, 07:30:50 PM »
Alabama, Auburn, Mississippi State
St John's, Marquette

Listed as from CT. Kind of a weird list combo. No blue bloods, 2 private northern schools in cities, and then 3 huge southern schools.

He was a long-time Pittsburgh commit. An assistant there had played with his father and was key to the Pitt commit.

That assistant is now at St. John's with Mullin in the role of asst head coach.  ;)

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2015, 11:44:04 PM »
Kevin Huerter has narrowed his list to six and we are not on it.

But Brendan Bailey narrowed his list to five and we are on it....so overall a win
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback