[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8467841 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 6/15/20
« Reply #26975 on: July 27, 2020, 05:38:21 PM »
https://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...uw/5497322002/

For those of you that don't subscribe, here's what he says about MU and UW

UW:

UW was the final school to extend an offer Graham before he trimmed his list down. The Badgers had evaluated Graham in-person extensively, but the forward didn’t think they were going to come through.

“Honestly, it caught me a little by surprise,” Graham said. “I know with Coach (Greg) Gard, they really like to take pride in their evaluation and so sometimes they aren’t as fast with an offer. I’m glad they offered, but I just felt they weren’t going to.”

That doesn’t mean UW hasn’t been aggressive in their recruiting pitch since offering earlier this month, though.

“I’m hearing from them all the time now,” Graham said.

MU:
Marquette had been in touch with Graham more than UW over the last 18 months, inviting him to campus for unofficial visits and exchanging messages with him. In June, the Golden Eagles joined the recruitment rush.

“With Marquette, I’ve got good relationships there and went on a ton of unofficials,” Graham said. “I knew ‘Wojo’ (MU coach Steve Wojciechowski) liked my game, but at first I didn’t get why it took as long as it did to offer. I’ve realized, though, that I wasn’t the same player as I am now a year ago. Even six months ago, they weren’t able to offer me because I hadn’t gotten to where I needed to be.”

One of the factors Graham is weighing is proximity to home, a box that both the Badgers and Golden Eagles obviously check.

“Having that support system in your backyard is huge,” Graham said. “You’re playing in front of people from Wisconsin. If I play bad, I can go home and sit at my parents’ house and that’s big to me. My parents would be at all my games and that’s big.”

The teams play with differing styles, but Graham could see himself fitting in with either.

“Marquette, they play faster and I fit that offense,” he said. “With Wisconsin, they like to slow it down but I still feel like I can fit that offense with my ability to score from inside and outside. Both are a good fit ... and they’ve had recent success.”
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #26976 on: July 27, 2020, 06:02:27 PM »
https://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...uw/5497322002/

For those of you that don't subscribe, here's what he says about MU and UW

UW:

UW was the final school to extend an offer Graham before he trimmed his list down. The Badgers had evaluated Graham in-person extensively, but the forward didn’t think they were going to come through.

“Honestly, it caught me a little by surprise,” Graham said. “I know with Coach (Greg) Gard, they really like to take pride in their evaluation and so sometimes they aren’t as fast with an offer. I’m glad they offered, but I just felt they weren’t going to.”

That doesn’t mean UW hasn’t been aggressive in their recruiting pitch since offering earlier this month, though.

“I’m hearing from them all the time now,” Graham said.

MU:
Marquette had been in touch with Graham more than UW over the last 18 months, inviting him to campus for unofficial visits and exchanging messages with him. In June, the Golden Eagles joined the recruitment rush.

“With Marquette, I’ve got good relationships there and went on a ton of unofficials,” Graham said. “I knew ‘Wojo’ (MU coach Steve Wojciechowski) liked my game, but at first I didn’t get why it took as long as it did to offer. I’ve realized, though, that I wasn’t the same player as I am now a year ago. Even six months ago, they weren’t able to offer me because I hadn’t gotten to where I needed to be.”

One of the factors Graham is weighing is proximity to home, a box that both the Badgers and Golden Eagles obviously check.

“Having that support system in your backyard is huge,” Graham said. “You’re playing in front of people from Wisconsin. If I play bad, I can go home and sit at my parents’ house and that’s big to me. My parents would be at all my games and that’s big.”

The teams play with differing styles, but Graham could see himself fitting in with either.

“Marquette, they play faster and I fit that offense,” he said. “With Wisconsin, they like to slow it down but I still feel like I can fit that offense with my ability to score from inside and outside. Both are a good fit ... and they’ve had recent success.”
This young man is in a really good place. Has the opportunity to choose the school that best fits his circumstance. 
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #26977 on: July 27, 2020, 06:11:54 PM »
This young man is in a really good place. Has the opportunity to choose the school that best fits his circumstance.

Doesn’t any recruit with multiple offers?
Bring back FFP!!!

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #26978 on: July 27, 2020, 06:43:33 PM »
Carter Whitt for me. Also, just a hunch but I think MU might offer C Trey James this week. He was committed to Wake Forest and de committed after the Coaching change. MU has stayed in contact with him but have not offered...yet.

With the way this year has been and all the guys that MU has lost out on already, If they landed two more guys, my preferences are Etienne/Whitt, I'd call it a day and hold the remaining scholarships and go all in on some stud transfers next year

Guru,

Wanted to "second" what others have said here. Appreciate your contributions to the recruiting thread and to the transfer thread.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #26979 on: July 27, 2020, 06:45:40 PM »
Doesn’t any recruit with multiple offers?
I suppose but some offers might be D2 or low D1. Kudos to him for earning high D1 offers.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26980 on: July 27, 2020, 07:05:41 PM »
Guru,

Wanted to "second" what others have said here. Appreciate your contributions to the recruiting thread and to the transfer thread.

Thank you and believe me, I would LOVE to have some MU recruiting to talk about right now.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #26981 on: July 27, 2020, 08:19:28 PM »
Carter Whitt for me. Also, just a hunch but I think MU might offer C Trey James this week. He was committed to Wake Forest and de committed after the Coaching change. MU has stayed in contact with him but have not offered...yet.

With the way this year has been and all the guys that MU has lost out on already, If they landed two more guys, my preferences are Etienne/Whitt, I'd call it a day and hold the remaining scholarships and go all in on some stud transfers next year
Forgot about Whitt, real good player

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #26982 on: July 27, 2020, 08:30:16 PM »

I think they've waited too long on Trey James.  Mac Etienne is worth holding out for, but it may cost them a quality big in James.  Many think James is a strong Iowa lean at this point.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26983 on: July 27, 2020, 09:12:08 PM »
I think they've waited too long on Trey James.  Mac Etienne is worth holding out for, but it may cost them a quality big in James.  Many think James is a strong Iowa lean at this point.

This whole recruiting year just doesn't have a good vibe to it. I'm not sure if it's because of the way they have had to recruit this year or what, but it is trending towards being a very underwhelming class on paper. Granted the 2021 class overall isn't that strong, but still..MU has seemed to be late offering guys, the one's they did offer early and had in for visits(which you would have thought would have been a HUGE advantage this year) all turned them down and went elsewhere. Maybe the staff just isn't very good at "virtual" recruiting and their strength is in person to person recruiting, and I understand it's a different year but, that still shouldn't be an excuse. Every other program in the country has had to recruit the same way and they have been landing guys they haven't even had in for visits/and or their top targets. Perhaps it's losing Stan was a much bigger loss than they thought it would be. Either way, it(this recruiting class) just hasn't had a good feel to it for several months now.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #26984 on: July 27, 2020, 09:54:43 PM »
This whole recruiting year just doesn't have a good vibe to it. I'm not sure if it's because of the way they have had to recruit this year or what, but it is trending towards being a very underwhelming class on paper. Granted the 2021 class overall isn't that strong, but still..MU has seemed to be late offering guys, the one's they did offer early and had in for visits(which you would have thought would have been a HUGE advantage this year) all turned them down and went elsewhere. Maybe the staff just isn't very good at "virtual" recruiting and their strength is in person to person recruiting, and I understand it's a different year but, that still shouldn't be an excuse. Every other program in the country has had to recruit the same way and they have been landing guys they haven't even had in for visits/and or their top targets. Perhaps it's losing Stan was a much bigger loss than they thought it would be. Either way, it(this recruiting class) just hasn't had a good feel to it for several months now.
The goal is to sign players who the coaching staff are confident can contribute as starters in the Big East.  I think we got our selves a diamond in the rough in Kameron, the Covid situation really helped our cause as he was likely to have attracted a lot of attention if the Summer Leagues were still operative. With the depth we have at his position, MU can afford to redshirt Kam in year one.  Also picking up Jose Perez as a sit one play two transfer is attractive as well. He gets a year to learn the MU system and build relationships with teammates.   So we are really only one player short from completing a competitive class.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #26985 on: July 27, 2020, 10:50:50 PM »
The goal is to sign players who the coaching staff are confident can contribute as starters in the Big East.  I think we got our selves a diamond in the rough in Kameron, the Covid situation really helped our cause as he was likely to have attracted a lot of attention if the Summer Leagues were still operative. With the depth we have at his position, MU can afford to redshirt Kam in year one.  Also picking up Jose Perez as a sit one play two transfer is attractive as well. He gets a year to learn the MU system and build relationships with teammates.   So we are really only one player short from completing a competitive class.

Agreed, only really need one more big to compliment what they have, now if Garcia, is as good as expected, and he leaves after one year, then it turns out to be like the
year after Ellenson left, which was not good.  Now a days it is probably easier to get a transfer to come in and play right away.  But one more big body is important,
Akanno can play the 3 with Osa or Dawson the following year,  A lineup of Torrence, Perez or Akanno, Osa, Lewis and Garcia is not bad.  Graham would be a nice
addition.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #26986 on: July 28, 2020, 08:03:48 AM »
Agreed, only really need one more big to compliment what they have, now if Garcia, is as good as expected, and he leaves after one year, then it turns out to be like the
year after Ellenson left, which was not good.  Now a days it is probably easier to get a transfer to come in and play right away.  But one more big body is important,
Akanno can play the 3 with Osa or Dawson the following year,  A lineup of Torrence, Perez or Akanno, Osa, Lewis and Garcia is not bad.  Graham would be a nice
addition.

The year after Ellenson left when we made the NCAA tournament and beat the number 1 team in the country? I get it wasn't a banner year but it was far from not good.
Maigh Eo for Sam

WarriorPride68

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 7/15/20
« Reply #26987 on: July 29, 2020, 01:50:58 PM »
Brand new CB for Marquette....

Stevie Mitchell. 6’2 PG out of Reading, PA

7 confidence from national writer Travis Branham

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #26988 on: July 29, 2020, 01:52:07 PM »

Ranked 125 in nation on 247. Sounds like it was Stanford / MU for his services.

Guessing Tyrese shipped has sailed

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #26989 on: July 29, 2020, 01:58:21 PM »
https://www.anonymouseagle.com/2020/6/16/21290772/marquette-golden-eagles-mens-basketball-recruiting-stevie-mitchell-cut-down-list

AE article on him.  Interestingly enough he got a rivals futurecast forecast for Temple last week from Corey Evans.  Seems like he would be a good get, and agree that it may indicate that Hunter could be going elsewhere, although crazier things have happened.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #26990 on: July 29, 2020, 02:01:01 PM »
Ranked 125 in nation on 247. Sounds like it was Stanford / MU for his services.

Guessing Tyrese shipped has sailed

#DoneDeal
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #26991 on: July 29, 2020, 02:07:47 PM »
I don’t think taking two point guards is a bad idea.  I wouldn’t rule out Hunter if they got a commitment from Mitchell.  Of course, kids will look at playing time issues among other things.  Count me interested in any guard Villanova is sniffing around.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26992 on: July 29, 2020, 02:10:59 PM »

Would be a solid add. Guessing the commits of Brizzi (Nova) and Joseph (Miami) may have slimmed down his list. I've liked everything I've heard about the kid. Could really use an athletic wing and legit big man to round out the class. Jordan Hawkins and Mac Etienne would be phenomenal.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #26993 on: July 29, 2020, 02:19:30 PM »
https://www.anonymouseagle.com/2020/6/16/21290772/marquette-golden-eagles-mens-basketball-recruiting-stevie-mitchell-cut-down-list

AE article on him.  Interestingly enough he got a rivals futurecast forecast for Temple last week from Corey Evans.  Seems like he would be a good get, and agree that it may indicate that Hunter could be going elsewhere, although crazier things have happened.
Evans flipped to MU

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #26994 on: July 29, 2020, 02:23:29 PM »
Evans flipped to MU

Wow, happened like 20 minutes ago, assume that they have the same source, but has to be seen as good news.  Also agree with Brew that Joseph and Brizzi may be influencing him.  Stanford also has a top 50 PG 2021 commit, so based on his top 7 announcement from June (notably different than a "final 7"), we're looking like the top dog remaining.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #26995 on: July 29, 2020, 02:29:35 PM »
https://twitter.com/heatcheckhoops/status/1288551077982474240?s=21

2021 4🌟 Stevie Mitchell (@StevieM259) has picked up a crystal ball prediction for @MarquetteMBB via @247Sports. Mitchell also received a flip on @Rivals from Temple to Marquette. #mubb
Goal is National Championship

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26996 on: July 29, 2020, 03:46:07 PM »
Brian Snow of 247 Sports just added a high-confidence (8) CB prediction for Mitchell to Marquette. His article includes "Done Deal, he's going to Marquette."

https://247sports.com/college/marquette/Article/Basketball-recruiting-Marquette-Golden-Eagles-Crystal-Ball-149654173/
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #26997 on: July 29, 2020, 03:54:51 PM »
Brian Snow of 247 Sports just added a high-confidence (8) CB prediction for Mitchell to Marquette. His article includes "Done Deal, he's going to Marquette."

https://247sports.com/college/marquette/Article/Basketball-recruiting-Marquette-Golden-Eagles-Crystal-Ball-149654173/

Love it. Great pickup.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

zcg2013

• Team Captain
« Reply #26998 on: July 29, 2020, 04:08:18 PM »

DONE DEAL. That will never get old.