[Today at 02:25:52 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8450803 times)

muguru

• All American
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 04:00:23 PM by muguru »
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MU82

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 4/15/20
« Reply #26226 on: May 20, 2020, 04:19:14 PM »
Not sure if it was posted already but:

https://t.co/sGd8HbF0oe

Thanks for posting that, GE32.

Loved reading this:

Official Visit 1: Marquette
“The visit was great. It felt like a family atmosphere. I had a lot of fun with the team and learning about the campus. Also got to attend “Marquette Madness” and that was a great environment.

I have a great relationship with Coach Woj and Coach DK. They’ve been recruiting the longest. I talk to them all the time. And they stress that I would be a great fit at replacing Theo John. They also have a great 2021 class with a lot of great players. They keeping telling me they’ll have a really good team that year that can compete for a National Championship.”
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #26227 on: May 20, 2020, 04:37:38 PM »
Thanks for posting that, GE32.

Loved reading this:

Official Visit 1: Marquette
“The visit was great. It felt like a family atmosphere. I had a lot of fun with the team and learning about the campus. Also got to attend “Marquette Madness” and that was a great environment.

I have a great relationship with Coach Woj and Coach DK. They’ve been recruiting the longest. I talk to them all the time. And they stress that I would be a great fit at replacing Theo John. They also have a great 2021 class with a lot of great players. They keeping telling me they’ll have a really good team that year that can compete for a National Championship.”

Especially the bolded...    :D
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #26228 on: May 20, 2020, 05:49:17 PM »
“National Championship?!”

Where’s that spit take emoji?

Markusquette

• All American

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26230 on: May 20, 2020, 08:03:18 PM »
Seems like a nice option!

He was committed to Wake Forest then de committed when Manning was fired.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26231 on: May 21, 2020, 02:47:02 PM »
Major MU target as well...

Jake
@jakeweingarten
·
7m
Florida State just offered five-star junior Jalen Warley, he told @Stockrisers
. They completed several zoom calls.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #26232 on: May 21, 2020, 03:06:31 PM »
Major MU target as well...

Jake
@jakeweingarten
·
7m
Florida State just offered five-star junior Jalen Warley, he told @Stockrisers
. They completed several zoom calls.

Orange weenie time, ganja
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

harryp

• Starter
« Reply #26233 on: May 21, 2020, 05:19:53 PM »
MU82 You have hit the nail on the head as usual.Anybody who thinks that this country is a meritocracy is very very Naivee.This does not necessarily make this country different from any other country. The only way that the workers can get with the deserve is with UnionsWhen we had strong unions following world war 2The prosperity of this country was Exemplary and so was The amount of wages that was paid to the just plain workers. In recent years The profit dollars have moved to the upper wealthy people And that continues to this day.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #26234 on: May 21, 2020, 09:07:52 PM »
MU82 You have hit the nail on the head as usual.Anybody who thinks that this country is a meritocracy is very very Naivee.This does not necessarily make this country different from any other country. The only way that the workers can get with the deserve is with UnionsWhen we had strong unions following world war 2The prosperity of this country was Exemplary and so was The amount of wages that was paid to the just plain workers. In recent years The profit dollars have moved to the upper wealthy people And that continues to this day.

So you’re not liking MU’s chances with Trey James unless there is a return to strong unions?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #26235 on: May 21, 2020, 10:18:59 PM »
“National Championship?!”

Where’s that spit take emoji?

Guessing Wojo’s idea of what “competing for a national championship” looks like is different from yours or mine.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #26236 on: May 21, 2020, 10:45:46 PM »
Guessing Wojo’s idea of what “competing for a national championship” looks like is different from yours or mine.

I’m guessing Wojo has a better idea of what it takes to win a national title than you or Boone do.

Hope I let enough time elapse before I responded to your post!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #26237 on: May 22, 2020, 07:02:50 AM »
I’m guessing Wojo has a better idea of what it takes to win a national title than you or Boone do.

Boone and I aren’t being paid millions to “compete for National Championships”. Wojo is, and despite your predictions that we would become Duke North he is 0 for 6 after 6 seasons - unless you’re such a slurper that making the round of 64 qualifies.

Glad you’re trying to go a little easier on the stalking - in the end you’ll feel better about yourself.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #26238 on: May 22, 2020, 07:58:19 AM »
Wojo may have a better idea, but to date he hasn't a clue how to convert that into reality!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #26239 on: May 22, 2020, 08:07:54 AM »
Boone and I aren’t being paid millions to “compete for National Championships”. Wojo is, and despite your predictions that we would become Duke North he is 0 for 6 after 6 seasons - unless you’re such a slurper that making the round of 64 qualifies.

Glad you’re trying to go a little easier on the stalking - in the end you’ll feel better about yourself.

My guess is he’s selling kids on building the program to a national title contender, not that he’s already created it. But maybe you and Boone have heard otherwise.

Can I get an acceptable timeframe for stalking definitions? I respond after 49 minutes to you = an “almost immediate” response and a stalker. Your response to me 18 minutes later = totally normal stuff.

Are there MUScoop response time etiquettes I’m not privy to? Maybe the meat eaters have come up with some guidelines similar to “don’t text/call someone you’re interested in for 24 hours?” If so, very cute of you guys!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #26240 on: May 22, 2020, 09:02:59 AM »

Competing means you are trying. Very few actually win it.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #26241 on: May 22, 2020, 09:08:26 AM »
I remember Kevon Looney’s post-commitment comments about UW-Madison.  He said Bo Ryan told him they were close to winning a national title.  This was off the opening round loss to Ole Miss in 2013 where they scored 46 points.  I audibly laughed reading that. 

Apples to oranges, yes.  The track records are different but coaches are always selling what can be with a particular recruit.  Spending much time on it is silly.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #26242 on: May 22, 2020, 09:17:41 AM »

Hey, if you're in the dance you're competing for it. And the NIT is a national tournament, so he checked off both boxes.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #26243 on: May 22, 2020, 09:20:44 AM »
I remember Kevon Looney’s post-commitment comments about UW-Madison.  He said Bo Ryan told him they were close to winning a national title.  This was off the opening round loss to Ole Miss in 2013 where they scored 46 points.  I audibly laughed reading that. 

Apples to oranges, yes.  The track records are different but coaches are always selling what can be with a particular recruit.  Spending much time on it is silly.

Looney played at UCLA 2014-2015
UW went to the National Championship game in 2014-15

And they went to the final four the year before.

So uhhhhhhh... Bo was right.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #26244 on: May 22, 2020, 09:31:55 AM »
Looney played at UCLA 2014-2015
UW went to the National Championship game in 2014-15

And they went to the final four the year before.

So uhhhhhhh... Bo was right.

That was my point.  Looney committed before the first final four season, in fall of 2013.  I thought it was laughable.  I was way wrong but no one saw Kaminsky becoming a NPOY.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #26245 on: May 22, 2020, 09:50:53 AM »
Wojo may have a better idea, but to date he hasn't a clue how to convert that into reality!
Have not seen any evidence of a better idea by Wojo since he arrived. But with his lifetime deal with MU, he should eventually get one
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #26246 on: May 22, 2020, 11:07:45 AM »
I'm now on board the Mane' going pro train. It was heading that way for a while but I think its a for sure thing now.

Best we can hope for is that Etienne comes on board and reclassifies. I think we are going to need the extra help. I hope Jamal Cain has a good offseason, think we will need him to play a lot more minutes at the four than we originally anticipated.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #26247 on: May 22, 2020, 11:17:48 AM »
I'm now on board the Mane' going pro train. It was heading that way for a while but I think its a for sure thing now.

Best we can hope for is that Etienne comes on board and reclassifies. I think we are going to need the extra help. I hope Jamal Cain has a good offseason, think we will need him to play a lot more minutes at the four than we originally anticipated.

2nd time you've mentioned this today.  You mean that generically in the sense that we just lost our 2 clear best players, or do you think DJ isn't getting a waiver and/or BB is gone? 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #26248 on: May 22, 2020, 11:48:39 AM »
Have not seen any evidence of a better idea by Wojo since he arrived. But with his lifetime deal with MU, he should eventually get one
LOL! I'd put my money on Crean or Buzz to win a NT before Wojo.

I hate to say it but I don't see Wojo at MU beyond his current contract. Boosters and admin are luke warm about him. Plus, this year looks like a NIT at best year.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #26249 on: May 22, 2020, 01:14:41 PM »
LOL! I'd put my money on Crean or Buzz to win a NT before Wojo.

I hate to say it but I don't see Wojo at MU beyond his current contract. Boosters and admin are luke warm about him. Plus, this year looks like a NIT at best year.

Willie hated Crean and Buzz, too.

feedback