Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8336772 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 2/15/20
« Reply #24700 on: February 25, 2020, 04:06:17 PM »
Sorry Mike, I can’t/won’t provide links, but I think some of the carnivores can attest that i have told them previous info that was correct.

Ah. So you have no proof of your ability to make correct calls on where recruits will or won't land. Thanks.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #24701 on: February 25, 2020, 04:10:38 PM »
Ah. So you have no proof of your ability to make correct calls on where recruits will or won't land. Thanks.

That’s correct.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #24702 on: February 25, 2020, 04:42:58 PM »
Sorry Mike, I can’t/won’t provide links, but I think some of the carnivores can attest that i have told them previous info that was correct.

I probably will be wrong.  There, that better?

The Meat Summit group is a select collection of knowledgeable and informed, seasoned Scoopers. Invitations to join are not extended flippantly. I can attest that Bad Reporter has passed all levels of scrutiny and as such, one should not disregard, nor should they take his input lightly.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #24703 on: February 25, 2020, 04:49:27 PM »

The Meat Summit group is a select collection of knowledgeable and informed, seasoned Scoopers. Invitations to join are not extended flippantly. I can attest that Bad Reporter has passed all levels of scrutiny and as such, one should not disregard, nor should they take his input lightly.

Personally, I'm not doing either. But we've now got 2 of the meaters with vastly different intel

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #24704 on: February 25, 2020, 04:52:09 PM »
Let's not boo Wojo when we have a 5-star recruit sitting behind the bench.

Please and thank you!

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #24705 on: February 25, 2020, 04:54:01 PM »

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #24706 on: February 25, 2020, 05:04:21 PM »
Let's not boo Wojo when we have a 5-star recruit sitting behind the bench.

Please and thank you!

This.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #24707 on: February 25, 2020, 06:43:26 PM »
100% This.  I’d rather they show their displeasure by not going to the game than to have them boo.

It’s time to get behind the boys now though when they need a lift. Hopefully our fan base shows them the support they deserve.  They’ve been working their asses off for our entertainment for over five months. 

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #24708 on: February 25, 2020, 08:38:45 PM »
100% This.  I’d rather they show their displeasure by not going to the game than to have them boo.

It’s time to get behind the boys now though when they need a lift. Hopefully our fan base shows them the support they deserve.  They’ve been working their asses off for our entertainment for over five months.

Yep, I think "When the going gets Tough" motto applies  to Fans as well as the team.  In My way of thinking is if you're not behind them then you're just an observer.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #24709 on: February 25, 2020, 09:04:28 PM »
MU commit Justin Lewis had 27 points and 10 rebounds as Poly defeats Lake Clifton 61-44 to become Baltimore City Champs (3rd time in 5 years)

Oso Ighodaro plays on the 6A Arizona State Semifinals on Thursday. He had 16 points, 14 rebounds, 8 blocks in Quarterfinal win.

https://amp.azcentral.com/amp/4846579002?cid=twitter_azcentral&__twitter_impression=true
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 09:17:01 PM by shoothoops »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #24710 on: February 25, 2020, 09:20:38 PM »
27 and 10?  That's looks like my high school line.

(To be clear, for my entire HS career).
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #24711 on: February 25, 2020, 09:23:58 PM »
MU commit Justin Lewis had 27 points and 10 rebounds as Poly defeats Lake Clifton 61-44 to become Baltimore City Champs (3rd time in 5 years)

Oso Ighodaro plays on the 6A Arizona State Semifinals on Thursday. He had 16 points, 14 rebounds, 8 blocks in Quarterfinal win.

https://amp.azcentral.com/amp/4846579002?cid=twitter_azcentral&__twitter_impression=true

MU's front court is going to be no joke in a few years.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #24712 on: February 25, 2020, 10:01:27 PM »

Mike

Bad Reporter's intel has been rock solid. On several recruits - some now signed and others who gave us the Heisman - he called the muscle movement before anyone on Scoop knew they existed.

In the immediate aftermath of Hausergate, the Sour Journalist had fantastic news for the Meat Eaters regarding the guys who are now inbound for this fall.

He limits his insights to the Meat Summit crowd for a reason. Unlike the self-proclaimed experts here, he has hard information as opposed to SWAGs.

Why should he post on Scoop when he gets the bull sh1t challenges to his credibility? He keeps his intel off Scoop and reserves it for the Meat Eater underboard. I can confirm the accuracy of his information. 4.0

Death on call

MU82

• All American
« Reply #24713 on: February 25, 2020, 10:10:21 PM »
Mike

Bad Reporter's intel has been rock solid. On several recruits - some now signed and others who gave us the Heisman - he called the muscle movement before anyone on Scoop knew they existed.

In the immediate aftermath of Hausergate, the Sour Journalist had fantastic news for the Meat Eaters regarding the guys who are now inbound for this fall.

He limits his insights to the Meat Summit crowd for a reason. Unlike the self-proclaimed experts here, he has hard information as opposed to SWAGs.

Why should he post on Scoop when he gets the bull sh1t challenges to his credibility? He keeps his intel off Scoop and reserves it for the Meat Eater underboard. I can confirm the accuracy of his information. 4.0

OK, Crash. Perhaps he also was one of the Scoop experts who was 100% certain the Hausers were going to the University of Madison, only to be foiled by millionaire Marquette donors.

Look, when you come out of the blue and make a claim, you should be prepared to be questioned on the legitimacy of your claims.

I hope you join me in rooting for this particular claim of his to be incorrect.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #24714 on: February 25, 2020, 10:12:27 PM »
Badreporter to Scoop: Mane isn’t coming to MU.

Keefer to Scoop: Badreporter only shares his intel with the Meat Eaters. Why would he come on Scoop and share his intel only to be attacked?

The math isn’t adding up here...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #24715 on: February 25, 2020, 10:20:34 PM »
OK, Crash. Perhaps he also was one of the Scoop experts who was 100% certain the Hausers were going to the University of Madison, only to be foiled by millionaire Marquette donors.

Look, when you come out of the blue and make a claim, you should be prepared to be questioned on the legitimacy of your claims.

I hope you join me in rooting for this particular claim of his to be incorrect.

Mike

Let me first say I was in no way suggesting you were one of the BS challengers. Your questions were reasonably framed as one would expect from a responsible journalist.

A year ago Bad Reporter was hammered by Scoopers for some of his posts. Many of the posts were very ugly personal attacks. So he stopped posting but shared with the ME Underboard.

Both Chili and BR are part of the Meat Eating Society. And they have different sources re that one recruit. My observation is that BR's intel might be more current but I'll leave that to those two to share what they will.

And remember, 17 year old kids change their minds. A lot. As we said in the teams when preparing to go outside the wire - what is the ICOD (Intel Cutoff Date.) You have to ensure your SA is based on the most current sight picture but even then there is staleness to that intel.

And yes, I share your fervent desire that Mane signs with us. I want to make deep runs in the Dance as we did routinely under Buzz.

Death on call

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #24716 on: February 25, 2020, 11:17:18 PM »
Both Chili and BR are part of the Meat Eating Society. And they have different sources re that one recruit.

Uh, oh.  Looks like MUScoop has a case of the meat sweats.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #24717 on: February 25, 2020, 11:38:14 PM »
Mike

hey now, we're all tremendous slouches, crash
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #24718 on: February 26, 2020, 02:26:32 AM »
I think sausage eaters is prolly more appropriate
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #24719 on: February 26, 2020, 07:56:35 AM »
Mike

Let me first say I was in no way suggesting you were one of the BS challengers. Your questions were reasonably framed as one would expect from a responsible journalist.

A year ago Bad Reporter was hammered by Scoopers for some of his posts. Many of the posts were very ugly personal attacks. So he stopped posting but shared with the ME Underboard.

Both Chili and BR are part of the Meat Eating Society. And they have different sources re that one recruit. My observation is that BR's intel might be more current but I'll leave that to those two to share what they will.

And remember, 17 year old kids change their minds. A lot. As we said in the teams when preparing to go outside the wire - what is the ICOD (Intel Cutoff Date.) You have to ensure your SA is based on the most current sight picture but even then there is staleness to that intel.

And yes, I share your fervent desire that Mane signs with us. I want to make deep runs in the Dance as we did routinely under Buzz.

Thanks Crash.

When I read a prediction or a declarative statement, my first thought is always, "What are this person's credentials to make such a statement? Does he or she have a proven record of being correct on this subject?"

I do that most often with stock market predictions, but it applies in many other situations as well: politics, weather, the Oscars, trends, athletic events and, yes, recruiting.

Until I see evidence that BR actually has a history of making correct calls on such stuff, it's not easy to take his declarative statement seriously. All the while, I acknowledge that even folks with great sources occasionally get a few wrong - definitely happened to me during my career.

The beautiful thing is that we'll know soon enough about Mane. We can both root for him to be wrong ... and if he's a true MU fan, he'll want to be wrong more than he'll want to be able to say, "I told y'all so."

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #24720 on: February 26, 2020, 09:15:52 AM »
Hopefully the Mane ship hasn’t sailed and wojo can pull it off, it would be huge.

However, Izzo keeps on insisting and continuously sniffing around so my gut feeling is that if he doesn’t choose MU it’ll be MSU (zero inside info btw)

That would stink having to watch Izzo go to work with Mane and J HAUSER- I could give two craps how Joey does over there but I’d unfortunately be drawn to it to watch Mane and see how good he truly is

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #24721 on: February 26, 2020, 09:18:26 AM »
Hopefully the Mane ship hasn’t sailed and wojo can pull it off, it would be huge.

However, Izzo keeps on insisting and continuously sniffing around so my gut feeling is that if he doesn’t choose MU it’ll be MSU (zero inside info btw)

That would stink having to watch Izzo go to work with Mane and J HAUSER- I could give two craps how Joey does over there but I’d unfortunately be drawn to it to watch Mane and see how good he truly is

Would be entertaining if Mane spent the year showcasing himself and Joey got all upset again
Maigh Eo for Sam

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #24722 on: February 26, 2020, 09:39:24 AM »
Thanks Crash.

When I read a prediction or a declarative statement, my first thought is always, "What are this person's credentials to make such a statement? Does he or she have a proven record of being correct on this subject?"

I do that most often with stock market predictions, but it applies in many other situations as well: politics, weather, the Oscars, trends, athletic events and, yes, recruiting.

Until I see evidence that BR actually has a history of making correct calls on such stuff, it's not easy to take his declarative statement seriously. All the while, I acknowledge that even folks with great sources occasionally get a few wrong - definitely happened to me during my career.

The beautiful thing is that we'll know soon enough about Mane. We can both root for him to be wrong ... and if he's a true MU fan, he'll want to be wrong more than he'll want to be able to say, "I told y'all so."

I would add. The easy prediction is that they aren’t coming to MU or any school for that matter. Usually only 1-4 recruits join a particular school which means you lose more than you win. And by lose, I am including coaches self-selecting themselves out of the process.

So if you are coming to the board to only say we are out of the running you are likely to be right 75% of the time without any inside information. 

What really demonstrates insider info is the why and the consistency of your message. JayBee got cred because he stated no matter what others were predicting that Dawson was coming to MU. That was a 25% chance he got 100% right and he was consistent. Saying a kid isn’t coming but can change their mind means you don’t really know anything.

Saying someone isnt coming without a he is doing something else is just a guess. Is Mane going to go to the NBA? Is he going to sign with another school?  Did Wojo walk away because Mane didn’t have a decision plan?  Right now, Mane doesn’t have a lot of visits so seems odd he would have engaged so much with MU and not have a definitive landing place in mind.

Many will hide behind the “I need to protect my source”.  It is very easy to give the why without having to give away the source such as After meeting with MSU, Mane is in love with Izzo. He hasn’t committed yet because Izzo needs to confirm scholarship availability or Mane needs to take the ACT for final acceptance to MSU. Not only does it not give away the source but gives a level of specificity as to the reason.

Saying Mane is hoping for a better offer to come in doesn’t eliminate MU.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #24723 on: February 26, 2020, 09:54:29 AM »
Phuck

The conflicting reports are messing with my head. It’s like when Scarlett doesn’t go into Fire. I’m all confused
Bring back FFP!!!

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #24724 on: February 26, 2020, 10:01:23 AM »
Agree Ballboy, any jackass can come on here and say any recruit isnt coming and 90% of the time he will be right.  Total chicos move, aka b!tch move
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.