'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8417440 times)

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 6/15/19
« Reply #19025 on: July 19, 2019, 12:54:34 PM »
If your going please give a report on Phenom University 2021. Specifically Jakobe Thompson

https://mobile.twitter.com/IsaacDennis_2/status/1152030774725492736

Skinny neck tho
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 7/15/19
« Reply #19026 on: July 19, 2019, 12:57:55 PM »
Well, Woj is from MD and plays ball at noon. Sew, wee got dat goin' hour wey, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #19027 on: July 19, 2019, 12:59:09 PM »
Dead brains are grey. Living brains are a mixture of white, pink, and red. Makes sense that yours is the former.

True chicos is dumb.  99% of people say the following...”hmm maybe i will drive to the dispensary and buy what i like with no legal repurcussions”

1% say” imma save $5 and go buy from a drug dealer and have no contril of product n potentially risk arrest n my career”

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #19028 on: July 19, 2019, 01:01:38 PM »
Also...you should actually read articles before you post then having only glanced at the headline. The black market in California, according to what you posted, is thriving in the areas that haven't permitted dispensaries. So has it affected the black market? Yes, by pushing it to communities that don't embrace legalization. The Colorado exports, again, impact the black market by pushing the product to places it isn't legal.

Any black market sustenance created by deregulation is in places that have not deregulated. At least that's what the articles you posted said. But hey, dead brain at work 😂.

So funny!!! Chicos is sooo good at that, posting articles that debunk his position.  Classic chicos

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #19029 on: July 19, 2019, 01:03:02 PM »
LOL....I'll let  you decide

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/27/us/marijuana-california-legalization.html

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/how-colorados-marijuana-legalization-strengthened-the-drugs-black-market

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nickkovacevich/2019/03/13/cannabis-black-market-thriving-despite-legalization/#816ce305ea27

And on and on.  THRIVING.  As predicted by those of us with grey matter between our ears.  In the last 24 hours, stories in Canada about the same thing going on in Toronto.  Economics 101.  Supply, demand, price (i.e. no taxation in black market).

Knock it the hell off on this thread.  And absolutely nobody respond to him here.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #19031 on: July 19, 2019, 02:08:23 PM »
Justin Lewis would be a nice first/second piece to a 2020 class.  Athletic guy along with Symir.  Been one of their top priority players
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #19032 on: July 19, 2019, 02:51:27 PM »
True chicos is dumb.  99% of people say the following...”hmm maybe i will drive to the dispensary and buy what i like with no legal repurcussions”

1% say” imma save $5 and go buy from a drug dealer and have no contril of product n potentially risk arrest n my career”

repurcussions  <sic>

contril <sic>

Classic
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #19033 on: July 19, 2019, 03:46:41 PM »
If anyone subscribes to 247 Meyer has an article about the momentum on the CB for Justin Lewis. Not sure if it provides any information about why the momentum is happening, but here it is:

https://247sports.com/Article/Marquette-gaining-in-Crystal-Ball-for-Justin-Lewis-133783383/
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #19034 on: July 19, 2019, 03:54:36 PM »
If anyone subscribes to 247 Meyer has an article about the momentum on the CB for Justin Lewis. Not sure if it provides any information about why the momentum is happening, but here it is:

https://247sports.com/Article/Marquette-gaining-in-Crystal-Ball-for-Justin-Lewis-133783383/

No additional info other then he says Uconn, Maryland and Virginia Tech are also in contention.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #19035 on: July 19, 2019, 04:31:51 PM »
I don't think that's true for anyone. If Duke didn't need to cheat, recruits would go to Kentucky, Kansas, or Arizona. I laugh when people say Cal doesn't need to cheat despite a history of cheating surrounding him at UMass and Memphis.

I agree that they all cheat, but it's specifically because their peers are cheating too that they all need to cheat. This is why a legal compensation method needs to be in place. Because we know the cheating is going on, we know the NCAA is relatively toothless thanks to its members not really wanting harsh enforcement, and even the FBI doesn't seem to be able to go after the big fish.

Anyone that says they don't want a compensation method (profiting from likeness, direct pay, whatever) is really saying they want those cheating the system to win.

Actually, I don't think that Cal does need to cheat.  He's now at a school where the alumni know how to get the job done on the sly without any school involvement.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #19036 on: July 19, 2019, 04:51:09 PM »
None of the coaches at the top hand out money to players but a bunch of alumni do, Al did not give money to his players but one of his cronies did

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #19037 on: July 19, 2019, 04:56:11 PM »
Ahh yes, because throwing money at them will solve the cheating.  Just like legalizing drugs, so the advocates claimed, would kill the black market....which of course it didn’t do at all.  Eliminate the market of corruption and it magically disappears.  LOL.

If you are going to cheat, you are going to cheat. 

Your last sentence is such a load of crap.  There are plenty of us that don’t want them compensated because it will mean a net loss opportunities for many young women and men as a result.  Aside from the fact that apparently since people can’t follow the rules we should just cave in and let the rule breakers dictate where things go.

Illegal drugs got legalized???  Damn, why didn't anybody tell me???

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #19038 on: July 19, 2019, 05:02:59 PM »
And what does it have to do with recruiting?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #19039 on: July 19, 2019, 05:13:50 PM »
The irony from you.

No, they didn’t legalize those...yet.  You miss the point, again.

Maybe when you don't use an outright lie to make your point , it won't be missed?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #19040 on: July 19, 2019, 05:17:45 PM »
Maybe when you don't use an outright lie to make your point , it won't be missed?

Marijuana they did, sorry it wasn’t clear.  My mistake for saying it the way I did...100% my mistake...should have said SOME drugs.

Point remains, making it legal had the opposite effect intended.  Same will happen here.  Paying players, as a brew suggests, will only lead to MORE cheating, not less.  It is comical to think that will stop or reduce how cheating in recruiting (the topic at hand) will take place.  No way in hell will it.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #19041 on: July 19, 2019, 05:28:38 PM »
They are compensated already and 99.9% of them getting more value then they give to the program. They come out way ahead, so your comment is false from the get go.  But I sure hope those Little Leaguers get paid that are on ESPN....and the high school athletes....Girl Scouts selling cookies....life lessons learned every day, but the man is keeping them down apparently.  What a tragedy.

99.9% - more hyperbole, unless you're trying to sneak non revenue sports athletes into the mix - which would be a kind of intellectual dishonesty.  If an athlete is not giving more value to their school's football or basketball (or any other large revenue generating sport) then they are receiving, then there is not a need to worry about them getting paid, the free market (of which, I assume you are a fan) will take care of that.   

Having to go to the ridiculous point of comparing Zion Williamson to a girl scout selling cookies, would cause anyone else to realize that their argument had deteriorated into BS.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #19042 on: July 19, 2019, 05:31:34 PM »
Don't think any of the rest of us care where he ends up if it's not at MU......

I do.  I agree with Herman that there is value to being in the best basketball conference in the country.  Getting the best recruits (along with having the best coaches) is what gets you there.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #19043 on: July 19, 2019, 05:34:20 PM »
Ban dez guys ^^^

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #19044 on: July 19, 2019, 05:40:36 PM »
99.9% - more hyperbole, unless you're trying to sneak non revenue sports athletes into the mix - which would be a kind of intellectual dishonesty.  If an athlete is not giving more value to their school's football or basketball (or any other large revenue generating sport) then they are receiving, then there is not a need to worry about them getting paid, the free market (of which, I assume you are a fan) will take care of that.   

Having to go to the ridiculous point of comparing Zion Williamson to a girl scout selling cookies, would cause anyone else to realize that their argument had deteriorated into BS.

Sneak non revenue sports...Lol.  Good luck paying only the revenue sports and not the others.  Yes, including all.

Even if I don’t include them all, the % of DI football and basketball players that play in the NFL or NBA is very small.  And guess what, many of them didn’t become Pro worthy UNTIL they went to college and got the coaching, training, etc that brought them to that level...meaning, they benefited for the experience. 

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #19045 on: July 19, 2019, 05:52:12 PM »
Also...you should actually read articles before you post then having only glanced at the headline. The black market in California, according to what you posted, is thriving in the areas that haven't permitted dispensaries. So has it affected the black market? Yes, by pushing it to communities that don't embrace legalization. The Colorado exports, again, impact the black market by pushing the product to places it isn't legal.

Any black market sustenance created by deregulation is in places that have not deregulated. At least that's what the articles you posted said. But hey, dead brain at work 😂.

Agree Brew.

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #19046 on: July 19, 2019, 06:11:05 PM »
Sneak non revenue sports...Lol.  Good luck paying only the revenue sports and not the others.  Yes, including all.

Even if I don’t include them all, the % of DI football and basketball players that play in the NFL or NBA is very small.  And guess what, many of them didn’t become Pro worthy UNTIL they went to college and got the coaching, training, etc that brought them to that level...meaning, they benefited for the experience.
Stop

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #19047 on: July 19, 2019, 06:13:30 PM »
So does weed legalization mean the crystal ball works?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #19048 on: July 19, 2019, 06:14:36 PM »
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #19049 on: July 19, 2019, 06:17:48 PM »
Could the moderators please stop people from ruining the recruiting  thread?

If people want to argue about paying players and the wisdom or stupidity of drug legalization please start a different thread, take it to,the super bar or email each other directly.

feedback