[Today at 09:23:57 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by MarquetteDano
[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by avid1010
[Today at 09:16:40 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 07:22:54 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8340847 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 6/15/19
« Reply #18175 on: June 18, 2019, 06:31:37 PM »
Neva up, neva inn, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #18176 on: June 18, 2019, 06:31:59 PM »
No, but I have said in another thread, that Wojo's recruiting to this point has been ok/good, but that I truly thought it would be better to this point. With his reputation as a recruiter, THESE are the types of kids I thought he would land, more than any other Coach in MU history.
MU Guru-I am firmly in the anti Wojo camp. However , the one thing I have consistently given him credit for is his ability to recruit Big East serviceable players . He has not recruited many out and out turkeys , which is a skill unto itself.

However , MU will not get the top dogs of any recruiting class ,on any kind of consistent basis, until the team has meaningful success on a sustained basis.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #18177 on: June 18, 2019, 06:42:41 PM »
No, but I have said in another thread, that Wojo's recruiting to this point has been ok/good, but that I truly thought it would be better to this point. With his reputation as a recruiter, THESE are the types of kids I thought he would land, more than any other Coach in MU history.
No??????
No.....as in you wont be the first to comment or NO as you wont comment on it?
Either possibility my $ is on YES you will comment........and I expect more of the same comments like you just provided.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #18178 on: June 18, 2019, 06:43:12 PM »
MU Guru-I am firmly in the anti Wojo camp. However , the one thing I have consistently given him credit for is his ability to recruit Big East serviceable players . He has not recruited many out and out turkeys , which is a skill unto itself.

However , MU will not get the top dogs of any recruiting class ,on any kind of consistent basis, until the team has meaningful success on a sustained basis.

I know, and I probably overestimated Wojo as a recruiter..I truly thought, with his reputation around CBB as a recruiter, and his extensive contacts, that he would EXCEL as a recruiter at MU right away. That's why I have been frustrated at his tenure thus far, I really thought the talent level was going to be better at this point.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #18179 on: June 18, 2019, 06:46:00 PM »
No??????
No.....as in you wont be the first to comment or NO as you wont comment on it?
Either possibility my $ is on YES you will comment........and I expect more of the same comments like you just provided.

I probably over rated him as a recruiter..that seems obvious at this point. I just thought with his recruiting reputation, that that was one area I truly thought he would excel at right away. The talent hasn't been bad, just not as good as I thought it would be at this point, and thus why i have been so frustrated with his tenure so far.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #18180 on: June 18, 2019, 07:29:56 PM »
I probably over rated him as a recruiter..that seems obvious at this point. I just thought with his recruiting reputation, that that was one area I truly thought he would excel at right away. The talent hasn't been bad, just not as good as I thought it would be at this point, and thus why i have been so frustrated with his tenure so far.
You have said this many, many, many times....and by all indications will continue to do so. Your responses are Herman like now.  You no longer answer the question.....you just attempt to advance your opinion and agenda.....again....without answering the question.
We certainly have read your unnatural carnal knowledgeing opinion of Wojo's recruiting ability. I cant wait to hear when you don't comment on those 5* that he may 'lose' if that happens.

Ben Golds Five

• Starter
« Reply #18181 on: June 18, 2019, 07:42:45 PM »
+1,000,000

You have said this many, many, many times....and by all indications will continue to do so. Your responses are Herman like now.  You no longer answer the question.....you just attempt to advance your opinion and agenda.....again....without answering the question.
We certainly have read your unnatural carnal knowledgeing opinion of Wojo's recruiting ability. I cant wait to hear when you don't comment on those 5* that he may 'lose' if that happens.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #18182 on: June 18, 2019, 08:24:35 PM »

I won't say anything if he loses them(I expect it, it seems to be the norm with MU Coaches), and I will give him VERY high praise if he lands one. I already said, I certainly hope he does. Does that answer your question?? How about one for you now...do YOU personally feel that Wojo's recruiting has been good enough?? I'm just curious..it's YOUR opinion, just as it would be anyone's else's opinion. I won't even comment on your answer. I have a hunch I know what it is already.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #18183 on: June 18, 2019, 08:46:03 PM »
I won't say anything if he loses them(I expect it, it seems to be the norm with MU Coaches), and I will give him VERY high praise if he lands one. I already said, I certainly hope he does. Does that answer your question?? How about one for you now...do YOU personally feel that Wojo's recruiting has been good enough?? I'm just curious..it's YOUR opinion, just as it would be anyone's else's opinion. I won't even comment on your answer. I have a hunch I know what it is already.
haha--couldn't resist another jab at Wojo hey?
Good enough?  NO WAY....I like you, hate the other team.....hate the other coaches.....and don't think we should ever lose. 
Burger boys walk through that door at MU every year.... the least we can expect is not to lose.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #18184 on: June 18, 2019, 08:49:53 PM »
Well, if he doesn't........you will be the first to comment on it I'm quite confident.

My money is on 4ever

muguru

• All American
« Reply #18185 on: June 18, 2019, 08:50:28 PM »
haha--couldn't resist another jab at Wojo hey?
Good enough?  NO WAY....I like you, hate the other team.....hate the other coaches.....and don't think we should ever lose. 
Burger boys walk through that door at MU every year.... the least we can expect is not to lose.

You couldn't just answer the question without the snark?? Good god. I tried. I thought it was a fair question??

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #18186 on: June 18, 2019, 08:51:45 PM »

Curious, because I really didn't know much about it, where'd you get the understanding he was some recruiting guru?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #18187 on: June 18, 2019, 09:14:26 PM »
Curious, because I really didn't know much about it, where'd you get the understanding he was some recruiting guru?

He was known for his recruiting prowess at Duke.

This was from the Paint touches article when he was hired...Last July ESPN.com ranked Wojciechowski as the nation’s 17th best recruiting assistant coaches, noting “he’s both feared and respected. Wojo has been a key reason for the Blue Devils’ success on the recruiting trail.”

Also...Wojciechowski been the lead recruiter on such players as Chris Duhon, JJ Redick, Kyle Singler, Shelden Williams and Josh McRoberts.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #18188 on: June 18, 2019, 09:27:38 PM »
He was known for his recruiting prowess at Duke.

This was from the Paint touches article when he was hired...Last July ESPN.com ranked Wojciechowski as the nation’s 17th best recruiting assistant coaches, noting “he’s both feared and respected. Wojo has been a key reason for the Blue Devils’ success on the recruiting trail.”

Also...Wojciechowski been the lead recruiter on such players as Chris Duhon, JJ Redick, Kyle Singler, Shelden Williams and Josh McRoberts.

If you expected Wojo to come in and recruit like Duke recruits then yeah, you have reason to be disappointed.  I'd say the reason is more the expectations you had than the actual recruiting results that Wojo has had.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

muguru

• All American
« Reply #18189 on: June 18, 2019, 09:41:08 PM »
If you expected Wojo to come in and recruit like Duke recruits then yeah, you have reason to be disappointed.  I'd say the reason is more the expectations you had than the actual recruiting results that Wojo has had.

No, of course I didn't expect him to land Duke type recruits all the time(I even said that in a diff thread). But I did however expect his recruiting to be better than what it has been, is that my fault?? Maybe so. Perhaps i overrated him as a recruiter. But as i said, I really expected him to excel in that area, he has a GREAT reputation. I thought, above all else, that would carry him. I used an example of Crean's class of Nique, Jerel and Wesley..I thought he'd have classes like that consistently. I also thought that he would land more highly ranked recruits, more often than any Coach ever at MU. Hopefully, this next class will be his best yet. I hope it is.

Please note, I have said numerous times, and it needs to be repeated so there is no twisting or misunderstanding for people..His recruiting hasn't been bad, it's been ok/good. I(and it's MY opinion), just thought at this point it would be better than it has been.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #18190 on: June 18, 2019, 10:30:27 PM »
Let's see ... In 5 years he has landed a Burger Boy who went on to be a first-round draft pick, an All-American who is about to become the all time BEast scoring leader, a top-40 who was coveted by blueblloods, several 4-stars, a couple of impact transfers and some solid 3-stars who have developed nicely.

What a bust as a recruiter!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muguru

• All American
« Reply #18191 on: June 19, 2019, 07:14:04 AM »
Let's see ... In 5 years he has landed a Burger Boy who went on to be a first-round draft pick, an All-American who is about to become the all time BEast scoring leader, a top-40 who was coveted by blueblloods, several 4-stars, a couple of impact transfers and some solid 3-stars who have developed nicely.

What a bust as a recruiter!

Now this irritates me, but it SOP around here when I say something...show me where I said he was a bust as a recruiter?? Don't put words in my mouth. I said his recruiting has been ok/good...several times. Just NOT as good as I(just me, no one else) had expected it to be. I'm blaming myself for over rating him as a recruiter, to this point.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #18192 on: June 19, 2019, 07:16:53 AM »
muguru and others.  Kindly take your debate about Wojo's recruiting prowess off this thread.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #18193 on: June 19, 2019, 07:45:48 AM »
muguru and others.  Kindly take your debate about Wojo's recruiting prowess off this thread.

For 19-20 you can add:

Jabri Abdur-Rahim - Offer
PJ Hall - Offer
Coleman Hawkins - Offer
AJ Hoggard - Offer
Andre Jackson - Offer
Zach Loveday Offer
Jalen Suggs - Offer (recently said we were a frontrunner)

For 21-22 you can add:
Chet Holmgren - Offer
Trevor Keels - Offer
Adama Sanogo - Offer
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #18194 on: June 19, 2019, 07:50:10 AM »
https://twitter.com/TheTeamBBC/status/1141011071072948224

Team BBC Basketball Program

@TheTeamBBC
Follow Follow @TheTeamBBC
More
Air Force,Belmont,Brown,Cal, *Columbia,Drexel,GW, Holy Cross, *Howard, Iowa,Kentucky,Liberty, Loyola,Marquette,Maryland,Miami,Michigan, *Navy,Northwestern,Penn, *Pepperdine,Princeton,Stanford, Sienna, UVA & WVU all contacted ‘21 6’3/G @abriz14 of Highland School (VA).

*Offers

https://247sports.com/player/angelo-brizzi-46085167/
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #18195 on: June 19, 2019, 07:59:12 AM »
https://twitter.com/Csgkam/status/1140728644807118848

@Csgkam
Follow Follow @Csgkam
More
Truly Blessed And Honored To Receive High Interest From The Marquette University 💙💛 #Goldeneagles

TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #18196 on: June 19, 2019, 07:59:54 AM »
Yes yes yes!!!! I love this kid!!!  I've taught Tyrese a few times in the last few years at St Cats.  He's a hard worker on the court, has a pretty good handle, can shoot from deep, and is a pogo stick for a little guy.  When we played Dominican he threw down a massive, high-flying dunk that got Giannis (who was there to watch his bro on the other team) get out of his seat. He's been through some tough stuff personally and come out of it way stronger and more mature.  It probably helps our case that his coach is a former MU grad assistant (Nick Bennett), but I'll also make sure to wear more MU stuff at school whenever possible.

Not gonna lie, seeing that one of my students is being recruited by Marquette makes me super proud.

https://twitter.com/FreshCoastHoops/status/1141023697664380928
TAMU

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #18197 on: June 19, 2019, 08:02:48 AM »
No, of course I didn't expect him to land Duke type recruits all the time(I even said that in a diff thread). But I did however expect his recruiting to be better than what it has been, is that my fault?? Maybe so. Perhaps i overrated him as a recruiter. But as i said, I really expected him to excel in that area, he has a GREAT reputation. I thought, above all else, that would carry him. I used an example of Crean's class of Nique, Jerel and Wesley..I thought he'd have classes like that consistently. I also thought that he would land more highly ranked recruits, more often than any Coach ever at MU. Hopefully, this next class will be his best yet. I hope it is.

Please note, I have said numerous times, and it needs to be repeated so there is no twisting or misunderstanding for people..His recruiting hasn't been bad, it's been ok/good. I(and it's MY opinion), just thought at this point it would be better than it has been.

Crean’s class you mentioned happened in what, Crean’s 7th year?  After a Final Four, in the best conference in the country, with a practice center a few years old, Wade tearing up the NBA......isn’t that a little different than what a Wojo is recruiting from? 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #18198 on: June 19, 2019, 08:10:43 AM »
https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/status/1140716863862845442

@RyanJamesMN
Following Following @RyanJamesMN
More
Purdue, Creighton, Appalachian State, Xavier, Princeton, Minnesota, Texas Tech, Marquette, Cal Poly, and Wisconsin reached out to nationally ranked Alexandria/Howard Pulley 2021 big Treyton Thompson this weekend

https://247sports.com/Player/Treyton-Thompson-46057675/
TAMU

muguru

• All American
« Reply #18199 on: June 19, 2019, 08:14:20 AM »
Reminder: RJ Davis is on an unofficial to MU today