[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8488731 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Recruiting as of 9/15/17
« Reply #9400 on: September 14, 2017, 04:33:24 PM »
Big Daddy. Not the poster we deserve but the poster we need right now.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #9401 on: September 14, 2017, 04:37:25 PM »

As Always Thanks!
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
« Reply #9402 on: September 14, 2017, 04:39:45 PM »
Thanks Big Daddy, good stuff.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #9403 on: September 14, 2017, 04:43:17 PM »
Ok here are my thoughts, comments and input.

1) QG has gone from  someone that the crowd had written off as a "Pipe dream"  to where MU is one of the final four and we are a legitimate final four.
2) QG's mom is a big factor in his recruitment and she loves MU and Wojo.  Not that she may not like the others as well.
3) If you look at the final four  MU, two blue bloods and the local "state" school you can see that we are really the most unlikely one to still be in the running and since we are there are some good reasons why.
4) Visit is now expected and targeting for OCT 6th. (not committed to as of this morning)
5) If KU and UK both sign the other highly rated guards then I think it is down to us and Texas.
6) If 5 happens I think it is MU,  Texas is not QG dream school.
7) Visit is going to be key..meeting players..seeing facilities and new arena, meeting NBA stars, etc etc.

I am not ready to prep the bunker, but I will change name when visit date is set.

Wojo's domino plan is still in place.

HE gets Sam and Markus,  S&M  gets Joey,  and then joeys get QG and the QG opens the path for additional 5 stars from out of state.  Wojo knows how to read the "room" when it comes to recruiting and this is a legitimate opportunity here.

Bravo

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9404 on: September 14, 2017, 05:00:14 PM »

1) QG has gone from  someone that the crowd had written off as a "Pipe dream"  to where MU is one of the final four and we are a legitimate final four.
2) QG's mom is a big factor in his recruitment and she loves MU and Wojo.  Not that she may not like the others as well.
3) If you look at the final four  MU, two blue bloods and the local "state" school you can see that we are really the most unlikely one to still be in the running and since we are there are some good reasons why.
4) Visit is now expected and targeting for OCT 6th. (not committed to as of this morning)
5) If KU and UK both sign the other highly rated guards then I think it is down to us and Texas.
7) Visit is going to be key..meeting players..seeing facilities and new arena, meeting NBA stars, etc etc.

I am not ready to prep the bunker, but I will change name when visit date is set.

HE gets Sam and Markus,  S&M  gets Joey,  and then joeys get QG and the QG opens the path for additional 5 stars from out of state.  Wojo knows how to read the "room" when it comes to recruiting and this is a legitimate opportunity here.

So Joey likes S&M? Sorry couldn't resist

Ok people let's all get name change campaigns going for other recruits on KU and UK boards!
Maigh Eo for Sam

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #9405 on: September 14, 2017, 05:17:17 PM »

This will likely come down to how well Markus can help the coaches close the sale.  He is a very impressive kid and has some good leadership qualities.  Hopefully, there is some good chemistry between Markus and Quentin on this visit and then a couple of other guys can also make a lasting impression.  These recruiting trips are where having a super popular kid like Ike Eke can be a very strong intangible. Many times when it comes down to it, the schools all have good pitches, but the relationships are what close the deals.

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #9406 on: September 14, 2017, 05:18:45 PM »
Mubb watching 2019 Will Baker today
https://twitter.com/jsteppe1/status/908336730805239809

Will was QG's teammate. Really like him... my tweet from 7/28 in Vegas:

Have been very impressed with 2019 Will Baker of Basketball University. Does a lot of things well. Nice touch w/the ball.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #9407 on: September 14, 2017, 05:21:37 PM »

For some reason I got to the "I am not going to prep the bunker..." before I glanced at whose post I was reading.  I had been rolling my eyes, thinking to myself, oh great another random person laying out a completely fictional scenario.  After seeing who wrote it, I reread as non-fiction.  I much prefer non-fiction!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #9408 on: September 14, 2017, 05:34:24 PM »

Based on this comment here is a scoopers' guide to where we want other guards to go:

RJ Barrett: #1 Overall, #1 SF: Down to top 5 including Kentucky. CB currently for Duke.
Romeo Langford: #5 Overall, #1 SG: Down to top 7 including Kentucky and Kansas. CB currently for Louisville
Immanuel Quickley: #8 Overall, #2 PG: Down to top 3 including Kentucky and Kansas. CB currently for Kentucky
Darius Garland: #9 Overall, #3 PG: Down to top 6 including Kentucky and Kansas. CB currently for Vanderbilt
Keldon Johnson: #13 Overall, #2 SG: No list yet. CB currently for Texas (Kentucky in 2nd)
Devon Dotson: #26 Overall, #6 PG: Down to top 8 including Kansas. CB currently for Kansas.
Ayo Dosunmu: #27 Overall, #3 CG: Down to top 11 including Kansas. CB currently for Illinois.

So Langford/Quickley to UK, Dotson/Garland to KU, and Johnson to TU. Let's make that happen.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 05:37:00 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #9409 on: September 14, 2017, 06:18:07 PM »
I'll be in The Woodlands next Tuesday and Wednesday.  What if I drove an ice cream truck around his neighborhood--covered with MU logos of course.

I'm thinking that a number of Texans would be calling the NCAA.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #9410 on: September 14, 2017, 06:33:18 PM »
Based on this comment here is a scoopers' guide to where we want other guards to go:

RJ Barrett: #1 Overall, #1 SF: Down to top 5 including Kentucky. CB currently for Duke.
Romeo Langford: #5 Overall, #1 SG: Down to top 7 including Kentucky and Kansas. CB currently for Louisville
Immanuel Quickley: #8 Overall, #2 PG: Down to top 3 including Kentucky and Kansas. CB currently for Kentucky
Darius Garland: #9 Overall, #3 PG: Down to top 6 including Kentucky and Kansas. CB currently for Vanderbilt
Keldon Johnson: #13 Overall, #2 SG: No list yet. CB currently for Texas (Kentucky in 2nd)
Devon Dotson: #26 Overall, #6 PG: Down to top 8 including Kansas. CB currently for Kansas.
Ayo Dosunmu: #27 Overall, #3 CG: Down to top 11 including Kansas. CB currently for Illinois.

So Langford/Quickley to UK, Dotson/Garland to KU, and Johnson to TU. Let's make that happen.

Keep an eye on it TAMU.  Good work.  Oh, and congrats on getting the TAMU recruitment sabotaged!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #9411 on: September 14, 2017, 07:16:03 PM »
Keep an eye on it TAMU.  Good work.  Oh, and congrats on getting the TAMU recruitment sabotaged!

I didn't have to do much.  That embarrassment against UCLA took care of it for me
TAMU

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #9412 on: September 14, 2017, 08:24:55 PM »
As a 97 alum I HATE that MU moved my 20th to October.  As a hoops fan I love that Fitz & The Tantrums will be playing in the heart of campus on a Saturday of a QG visit.  They may not be his fave band but it is arguably the coolest thing to hit MU since the block party of the 80s.  We will seem like a legit college experience.  Could be incredible atmosphere. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #9413 on: September 14, 2017, 08:54:19 PM »
Goal is National Championship

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9414 on: September 14, 2017, 08:55:42 PM »
Stan is really pumped very optimistic
https://twitter.com/mucoachjohnson/status/908474004926758913

He needs to brush up on his eagle species however.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #9415 on: September 14, 2017, 09:14:21 PM »
So if 6 happens, Wojo > Shaka

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #9416 on: September 14, 2017, 09:59:06 PM »
I am rock hard
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9417 on: September 14, 2017, 09:59:34 PM »
This will likely come down to how well Markus can help the coaches close the sale.  He is a very impressive kid and has some good leadership qualities.  Hopefully, there is some good chemistry between Markus and Quentin on this visit and then a couple of other guys can also make a lasting impression.  These recruiting trips are where having a super popular kid like Ike Eke can be a very strong intangible. Many times when it comes down to it, the schools all have good pitches, but the relationships are what close the deals.

Only if Markus doesn't believe Wojo de-motivated him and everybody else, no?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9418 on: September 14, 2017, 10:21:01 PM »
Popped over to UKscoop, KUscoop, and TUscoop to see what insights they had about Grimes. Both KU and UK think it is down to the two of them. TU doesn't have a single post on it because football.

Wait ... with Shaka in charge of the university now? Really? I say, "Impossible, good sir, impossible!!"
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9419 on: September 15, 2017, 07:18:39 AM »
I am rock hard

No one kneeds ta no dat utter dan yo old lady, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #9420 on: September 15, 2017, 01:20:08 PM »
One thing that does stand out a bit with the news that he's going to Kentucky instead of Kansas on September 30 is the Madness situation. By going to Kentucky, that means he won't attend either Late Night at the Phog or Big Blue Madness. Since Texas doesn't have a Madness event, that means (assuming BD84 is right about Oct. 6) the ONLY Madness he will attend is ours.

With Homecoming that weekend, I hope it's raucous and packed. I haven't seen a timetable, but if he decides in the early period, we might be the only school able to give him a legit basketball "fan experience".

I've just never found our Madness to be all that exciting, and I am a die hard.  Not sure him coming that weekend is a huge win. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Marqus Howard

• Team Captain
« Reply #9421 on: September 15, 2017, 01:26:45 PM »
I've just never found our Madness to be all that exciting, and I am a die hard.  Not sure him coming that weekend is a huge win.

With the exception of the year all the NBA guys came (2012, I think), I agree -- and I think Grimes was at madness last year, wasn't he?

The problem is the first big home game is against Purdue on Nov. 14th, and I'm not sure what Grimes' timeline is -- he may want to visit before then.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #9422 on: September 15, 2017, 01:31:57 PM »

Love this, and I think it echoes what some have been saying (without BigDaddy's inside info), which is the longer we are the outlier, the more probable we are the outlier because we're THE (or a very real) contender.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #9423 on: September 15, 2017, 01:35:14 PM »
With the exception of the year all the NBA guys came (2012, I think), I agree -- and I think Grimes was at madness last year, wasn't he?

The problem is the first big home game is against Purdue on Nov. 14th, and I'm not sure what Grimes' timeline is -- he may want to visit before then.

I don't think he was at madness last year, but I am not 100% sure.  I'd almost prefer he just come another weekend, but is what it is.  Hopefully the students show up to madness and it is a little less corny than it usually is.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #9424 on: September 15, 2017, 02:02:53 PM »
Eric Bossi tweets that we have the last visit.....let's hope he takes them all

Official visits for five-star @qdotgrimes Texas (9/22), Kentucky (9/29), Kansas (10/13) and Marquette (10/20)