'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by JTJ3
[Today at 06:20:57 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8464410 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Recruiting as of 4/15/17
« Reply #7475 on: April 30, 2017, 11:49:10 PM »
Morrow is a proven and productive  college player at the Big Ten level. As such he goes to the top of the list.

As far as high school players go, I am delighted for us to sign up anyone we are recruiting. Until they step foot on campus they are still unproven and any laurels hype etc earned at the high school level should be taken with a grain of salt.

While Morrow plays a different style, I feel that with 7 players 6'7" or taller and potentially Joey making it 8, a 9th guy in the front court may be surplus to requirements.

And feel how you will about high school rankings, but they are usually most accurate at the top. I have more faith in a top-25 kid like Grimes panning out.

Who knows what direction any of these will go, but Joey and Grimes are my preferences for those scholarships as it stands.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #7476 on: May 01, 2017, 05:17:07 AM »
While Morrow plays a different style, I feel that with 7 players 6'7" or taller and potentially Joey making it 8, a 9th guy in the front court may be surplus to requirements.

And feel how you will about high school rankings, but they are usually most accurate at the top. I have more faith in a top-25 kid like Grimes panning out.

Who knows what direction any of these will go, but Joey and Grimes are my preferences for those scholarships as it stands.
[/b]

Though I am a HUGE Morrow guy, because I love his skillset and what he'd bring, I agree with this..Joey and Grimes are preferred. This one is tough though, because we won't have any idea about Grimes for quite awhile yet and Morrow will be committing somewhere much sooner. You take the Morrow commit(if he wants to come), and still take Joey and Grimes. I'm 99% certain it would work itself out one way or another.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #7477 on: May 01, 2017, 08:18:14 AM »

[/b]

Though I am a HUGE Morrow guy, because I love his skillset and what he'd bring, I agree with this..Joey and Grimes are preferred. This one is tough though, because we won't have any idea about Grimes for quite awhile yet and Morrow will be committing somewhere much sooner. You take the Morrow commit(if he wants to come), and still take Joey and Grimes. I'm 99% certain it would work itself out one way or another.
Morrow also provides immediate value in that he will make our practices a lot tougher over the course of the year he is sitting out. This will be very beneficial to our other bigs.

The reality is if Morrow says yes to our offer we have one left barring another transfer. The debate in that case is Hauser vs Grimes vs Jeenathan.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #7478 on: May 01, 2017, 08:41:55 AM »
I think landing Morrow would cause a domino effect that leads to a transfer.  Heldt, Froling, John, Eke, and Morrow...that's five guys competing for 60-80 minutes.

Morrow has the best production of the 5, so take him if you can get him.  Still room for a guard and BPA because it will work itself out.  Worst thing to do is pass on talent and a transfer happens anyway.

I'll trust Wojo. He has a better idea of what is going on in recruiting and roster projection than I do.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #7479 on: May 01, 2017, 09:01:15 AM »

I'll trust Wojo. He has a better idea of what is going on in recruiting and roster projection than I do.

There is no way that this can be true.
Scoopers have better idea than anyone.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #7480 on: May 01, 2017, 09:14:38 AM »
Morrow is a proven and productive  college player at the Big Ten level. As such he goes to the top of the list.

As far as high school players go, I am delighted for us to sign up anyone we are recruiting. Until they step foot on campus they are still unproven and any laurels hype etc earned at the high school level should be taken with a grain of salt.

Absolutely agree with this.  How many 8 rpg guys have we had over the last 25 yrs?  How many did it as sophomores and then will get an extra year to train?  They are so invaluable in the college game.  And as munyc states he is a proven player.  Any top recruit could be a dameon mason, eric williams, or jujuan johnson type or a dwade.  U never know, with morrow we know and its what we need
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #7481 on: May 01, 2017, 09:21:06 AM »
I think landing Morrow would cause a domino effect that leads to a transfer.  Heldt, Froling, John, Eke, and Morrow...that's five guys competing for 60-80 minutes.

Morrow has the best production of the 5, so take him if you can get him.  Still room for a guard and BPA because it will work itself out.  Worst thing to do is pass on talent and a transfer happens anyway.

If Eke is a project, don't see a little competish for PT his sophomore year causing a xfer, but what do I know? I'm a bear, I suck the heads off fish.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7482 on: May 01, 2017, 09:34:47 AM »
If Morrow wants to come to Marquette, bringing him in as an absolute no-brainer.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #7483 on: May 01, 2017, 09:35:38 AM »
Absolutely agree with this.  How many 8 rpg guys have we had over the last 25 yrs?  How many did it as sophomores and then will get an extra year to train?  They are so invaluable in the college game.  And as munyc states he is a proven player.  Any top recruit could be a dameon mason, eric williams, or jujuan johnson type or a dwade.  U never know, with morrow we know and its what we need

Ellenson last year averaged 9.7 RPG.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7484 on: May 01, 2017, 09:46:04 AM »
Ellenson last year averaged 9.7 easy RPG.

FIFY
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #7485 on: May 01, 2017, 09:51:33 AM »

FYI - Morrow left Nebraska in part because he doesn't want to play the 5. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #7486 on: May 01, 2017, 09:58:56 AM »
300 pages!*

* if your view defaults are set like a normal human and not some kind of savage
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #7487 on: May 01, 2017, 11:53:01 AM »
Goal is National Championship

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #7488 on: May 01, 2017, 12:04:39 PM »

I know that.  But lots of transfers have said that and end up playing the 5 (or whatever position they didn't want to play).  Playing time usually wins out in the end.

I can envision a small ball lineup of Howard-Cain-Hauser-Hauser-Morrow if recruiting breaks that way. Morrow would primarily play the 4 but can be a change up at the 5, too. 

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #7489 on: May 01, 2017, 01:00:38 PM »
I know that.  But lots of transfers have said that and end up playing the 5 (or whatever position they didn't want to play).  Playing time usually wins out in the end.

I can envision a small ball lineup of Howard-Cain-Hauser-Hauser-Morrow if recruiting breaks that way. Morrow would primarily play the 4 but can be a change up at the 5, too.
A small lineup, except for special situations, would indicate that Froling, Heldt, Eke and John are all busts.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #7490 on: May 01, 2017, 01:04:30 PM »
300 pages!*

* if your view defaults are set like a normal human and not some kind of savage

2nd best topic ever.  #Mbakwe
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #7491 on: May 01, 2017, 01:37:34 PM »

Yep, completely agree. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #7492 on: May 01, 2017, 02:03:56 PM »

Nothing a lil smoke n mirrors can't address, aena?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MuMark

• All American

lohaus

• Starter
« Reply #7494 on: May 01, 2017, 03:08:00 PM »
Isn't Morrow the type of player that separates Marquette from the top tier BEAST?  A guy that is 6'7"-6'9", tough as nails, rebounds the ball, finishes down low with dunks.  It seems like whenever I watch Marquette trying to make that jump to the top there is always that junior/senior roll player that just kills us with defense, blocks, rebounds, and 'easy' dunks that we just can't handle.

I don't know how many 8-12 point losses I've watched where a Morrow type player just eats us up.  I'm always left thinking 'why the hell don't we have that type of player on our team?'  Instead we have guys that pump fake and don't finish like Steve Taylor, Heldt, sometimes Fischer, etc.    I would much rather have a 6'7" guy that will slam it down in your face then the 6'10" stiff that pump fakes.  Give me the alley oop!

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #7495 on: May 01, 2017, 03:20:41 PM »
Isn't Morrow the type of player that separates Marquette from the top tier BEAST?  A guy that is 6'7"-6'9", tough as nails, rebounds the ball, finishes down low with dunks.  It seems like whenever I watch Marquette trying to make that jump to the top there is always that junior/senior roll player that just kills us with defense, blocks, rebounds, and 'easy' dunks that we just can't handle.

I don't know how many 8-12 point losses I've watched where a Morrow type player just eats us up.  I'm always left thinking 'why the hell don't we have that type of player on our team?'  Instead we have guys that pump fake and don't finish like Steve Taylor, Heldt, sometimes Fischer, etc.    I would much rather have a 6'7" guy that will slam it down in your face then the 6'10" stiff that pump fakes.  Give me the alley

You are going to like Eke, John and Cain then.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #7496 on: May 01, 2017, 03:41:12 PM »
Ellenson last year averaged 9.7 RPG.

So ur answer is 1, our 1 mcdonalds aa during that same time span?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #7497 on: May 01, 2017, 04:20:31 PM »
So ur answer is 1, our 1 mcdonalds aa during that same time span?

No. My answer is that we had one last year and that's the only one I remember off of the top of my head. He might be the only one, I haven't had time to go through each season's stats.

Jae averaged 8.4 in 2011-12

Lazar averaged 8.6 in 2008-09

Marcus Jackson averaged 8.5 in 04-05
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 04:23:21 PM by MUeagle1090 »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #7498 on: May 01, 2017, 04:32:44 PM »

Lazar his jr year 8.4

Crowder his sr year 8.4

Jimmy Mac his sr year 8.3

Amal mccaskill his jr and sr years 8.5 and 8.9

And once again Henry Ellenson
Maigh Eo for Sam

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #7499 on: May 01, 2017, 04:56:00 PM »
300 pages!*